Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:13:01 AM

Reschedule of Launch

As most are aware the mining pool of Sterlingcoin in final testing was not accepting valid blocks.

We have made the necessary fixes and are retesting. The stratums are working and accepting blocks and now we are setting CRONS.

Some will think that this was not necessary and we should in fact of released the wallets, however with 100+ pool users, we disagree.

Sterlingcoin will now launch on the 21st of September at 6PM GMT (British Summer Time or Daylight Saving Time).

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
novirudarzg

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:14:22 AM

Reschedule of Launch

As most are aware the mining pool of Sterlingcoin in final testing was not accepting valid blocks.
We are made the necessary fixes and are retesting. The stratums are working and accepting blocks and now we are setting CRONS.

Some will think that this was not necessary and we should in fact of released the wallets, however with 100+ pool users, we disagree.

Sterlingcoin will now launch on the 21st of September at 6PM GMT (British Summer Time or Daylight Saving Time).

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ty very much sir

we'll mine

rudar
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:24:51 AM

Reschedule of Launch

We have made the necessary fixes and are retesting. The stratums are working and accepting blocks and now we are setting CRONS.

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires
koby

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:37:17 AM

Can I live my address now for the spacedrop?
blah01

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:41:55 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

well i just lost 100 bucks. thanks a lot for sucking. even shit/scam coins can get their shit together before a launch that has been announced for how long...
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

Can I live my address now for the spacedrop?

Everything is now pushed forward to the rescheduled time and date.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:42:50 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 01:54:36 AM by q327K091

back.. what is going on Brits ? know that you really have to have your shit together on any mistake 100's of alt coins already have blockchain way into deep corners cool ?

UK country coin would be great as you we hope are controlled and deep software engineering but not so far

even PLNC Polish scrypt coin beats you to the ground or Polcoin and then Czecoin

returned my peeps drew me to some party but back.. I want really bad UK coin done proper

if you fuck it over this another peep from UK should create coin at 3% premine and do it proper

you got approximately Today anything beyond that and you are incompetent and even if you launch people will ride exchange bitrex crypto for laughs

btw I want full POD from you before I lay a single hash on this
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:44:40 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

well i just lost 100 bucks. thanks a lot for sucking. even shit/scam coins can get their shit together before a launch that has been announced for how long...

This was not foreseen and we worked on the issue as best we could. Notifying the community of our progress and the issues we were facing.

These issues have now been resolved. The pool is being finalised as we speak. The block explorer will also be up for launch tomorrow and everyone can enjoy the next 6 months of PoW.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:49:51 AM

Sucks that we have to launch a day late, but glad problems were caught before releasing.

Sorry for all those that rented miners!!  I have seen numerous cases now where renters got screwed on a coin launch, has been enough to keep me from renting on launches.

Hope all goes smooth tomorrow, I should be avail at the set time so happy to see that:-)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:51:50 AM

Sucks that we have to launch a day late, but glad problems were caught before releasing.

Sorry for all those that rented miners!!  I have seen numerous cases now where renters got screwed on a coin launch, has been enough to keep me from renting on launches.

Hope all goes smooth tomorrow, I should be avail at the set time so happy to see that:-)

We have 124 users registered on the official pool and as a team we are really happy how we have handled this situation. Especially in terms of protecting these users and keeping the launch fair.

blah01

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:53:03 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

This was not foreseen and we worked on the issue as best we could. Notifying the community of our progress and the issues we were facing.

These issues have now been resolved. The pool is being finalized as we speak. The block explorer will also be up for launch tomorrow and everyone can enjoy the next 6 months of PoW.

so you tested with the pools before launch and everything was working fine and then at launch it didn't work? Doesn't seem plausible. I could maybe see it if only your official pool worked because you had tested before hand but then other pools had issues.  Also thank you immensely for your reassurance of the next 6 months of POW but very few mine for long duration's anymore as we all know there is no money in it and even if there was it does nothing for the people who rented hashes, to put on your coin none the less, as the contracts are short periods of time.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:57:15 AM

full incompetence. British underground if you read this please work on the correct implementation of the UK country coin
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:59:04 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

These issues have now been resolved. The pool is being finalized as we speak. The block explorer will also be up for launch tomorrow and everyone can enjoy the next 6 months of PoW.

so you tested with the pools before launch and everything was working fine and then at launch it didn't work? Doesn't seem plausible. I could maybe see it if only your official pool worked because you had tested before hand but then other pools had issues.  Also thank you immensely for your reassurance of the next 6 months of POW but very few mine for long duration's anymore as we all know there is no money in it and even if there was it does nothing for the people who rented hashes, to put on your coin none the less, as the contracts are short periods of time.

We didn't test with the other pools prior to launch as they would not be allowed access to the wallets prior to launch.

Tonight the other pool operators simply joined us in Skype and we shared debug information and settings to attempt to sort the problem.

As all developers will tell you when it comes to final testing there is something called 'Murphy's Law' and sadly this law applied itself to Sterlingcoin this evening.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:01:56 AM

So technically the pool OPs that have been given the wallets could solo this coin before launch?  Hopefully no shady pools were involved if that's the case!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:02:40 AM

So technically the pool OPs that have been given the wallets could solo this coin before launch?  Hopefully no shady pools were involved if that's the case!

No.

No one has the wallets as the wallets never launched.

No pool operators have any wallets.

Re-read my previous statement.

minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:02:53 AM

So technically the pool OPs that have been given the wallets could solo this coin before launch?  Hopefully no shady pools were involved if that's the case!

Actually, no, we weren't allowed access to the source code, just the debug files and with that we were able to help a bit during the process. And BTW I'll be at launch tomorrow.

blah01

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:04:20 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

We didn't test with the other pools prior to launch as they would not be allowed access to the wallets prior to launch.

Tonight the other pool operators simply joined us in Skype and we shared debug information and settings to attempt to sort the problem.

As all developers will tell you when it comes to final testing there is something called 'Murphy's Law' and sadly this law applied itself to Sterlingcoin this evening.

Or it was orchestrated to dump off the immediate high hash from renters knowing they wouldn't rent again because any potential profit would then be cut in half because it cost twice as much and you'll have less coins being dumped in the beginning.  I don't like when people try to act smart and act dumb at the same time, most don't catch it, but some do.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:06:42 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

Or it was orchestrated to dump off the immediate high hash from renters knowing they wouldn't rent again because any potential profit would then be cut in half because it cost twice as much and you'll have less coins being dumped in the beginning.  I don't like when people try to act smart and act dumb at the same time, most don't catch it, but some do.

This was most definitely not the intention and with 9 independent mining pools involved this is quite obviously not the case.

blah01

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:09:59 AM

Reschedule of Launch

1PM EST
12PM CST
11AM MST
10AM PST

ok so your not vampires

This was most definitely not the intention and with 9 independent mining pools involved this is quite obviously not the case.

I fail to see how the amount of pools has anything to do with the possibility.  "oh its just a murphy's law mistake" is just not too reassuring considering how well it can work out for some.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:10:17 AM

btw please provide POD (proof of development/developers) so it doesn't look like it is 3 kids in the basement or 1 would be good rental rigs can go into hundred's of dollars for this thanks

one has to be dumb or access to hardware in China to touch this without POD and trust

certain era is coming to an end
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: