Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION: 3 x AMT 1.25ths 4u RackMount Miner Auction  (Read 7969 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 12:42:09 PM

I have been around for a couple of days, trying to learn more about bitcoin and mining and eventually get my shit together and invest in some hardware. All I can read is how users here hate on all of the companies they initially buy miners from. I am amazed how much hate accumulates in just one single thread and how all of the users like myself, who want to EDUCATE THEMSELVES, are not able to do so, because all of you are so damn busy spilling shit on everything anyone tries to post about and one should go through 200 pages of loathe to read the one single post that is actually helping somebody learn something.

They are selling the miners they advertise. Maybe they are not really well aware of how a bidding works. HELP THEM OUT! It won’t hurt and you will benefit from it for sure. If you browse their official thread, you will see that they have been actively responding to comments coming from people who have received their machines. It’s not like they’re hiding or something. This forum is turning into some virtual form of high school where bullies are overcompensating for lacking attention at home. Geez, people… And most of you have the skills and knowledge to actually help others out.

No offence, but maybe if AMT_minerLESS took the time he spent on making this meme to respond a question, there would be more people developing their ideas and all of us could benefit from.

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

Ok, thank you.

I meant their thread is censored

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:53:06 PM

I have been around for a couple of days, trying to learn more about bitcoin and mining and eventually get my shit together and invest in some hardware. All I can read is how users here hate on all of the companies they initially buy miners from. I am amazed how much hate accumulates in just one single thread and how all of the users like myself, who want to EDUCATE THEMSELVES, are not able to do so, because all of you are so damn busy spilling shit on everything anyone tries to post about and one should go through 200 pages of loathe to read the one single post that is actually helping somebody learn something.

They are selling the miners they advertise. Maybe they are not really well aware of how a bidding works. HELP THEM OUT! It won’t hurt and you will benefit from it for sure. If you browse their official thread, you will see that they have been actively responding to comments coming from people who have received their machines. It’s not like they’re hiding or something. This forum is turning into some virtual form of high school where bullies are overcompensating for lacking attention at home. Geez, people… And most of you have the skills and knowledge to actually help others out.

No offence, but maybe if AMT_minerLESS took the time he spent on making this meme to respond a question, there would be more people developing their ideas and all of us could benefit from.

Hash Master-

if you're serious about learning the mining game, and/or looking to buy a rig, take a look at BitMainTech.  They had nothing but rave reviews on their S1 and S2 Antminers.  I personally own an S1, and am currently looking at the upgrade kit, which will double the Hashrate, while lowering the power consumption.  The upgrade kit basically turns my S1 into an S3.    BitMain has their shit together, and are a professionally run outfit.  They also include ON-TIME shipping, worldwide, from China.  My S1 arrived on my doorstep, 3 days after it was ordered.  My AMT rig arrived 7 weeks after ordered, and from what i can tell, i am one of the lucky few to actually receive a miner. 

The one downside is, you have to order 2 kits.  I only need 1, so i would need to sell the 2nd kit, or obtain a 2nd S1. 

My S1 worked flawlessly, out of the box. It even came minimal documentation to get me started, and it even paid for itself within the 1st month of mining.  Yes, the S1 ROI'd right quick!! These are things i cannot say about my AMT rig.  The AMT rig was missing cables, had thermal paste smeared everywhere- like a 3 year old assembled it,  blew 1 of the 2 boards within the 1st day of operation, and the 2nd board has a bad chip.  I had to disconnect the case fan, since it did nothing to cool the rig, and found that optimal cooling was achieved by removing the boards from the case and mounting them on top of it.  The AMT will never ROI.  It currently cost more to operate than it brings in.  This could change if the BTC price were to get up to $1500+, but even then i doubt it will ever return my investment.  So far, it's brought in about half of what i paid for it.  The MPP is supposed to make up for this, and was a huge selling point for myself and most others who bought from AMT.

The incompetence of the AMT auction is concerning.  Looks like a different tactic to get more money out of unsuspecting/eager miners.  Yes, some have shipped and been received, I'll give them that, but the hassle appears to be more than it's worth.

One last thing,....  it looks like they've removed the Miner Protection Plan from their website.  This is most likely at the advice of their lawyers.  False advertising will get you big fines and/or jail time in the US.  That's what the MPP was, False advertising.  I have not received my MPP upgrade, which I am rightfully owed, nor has anyone else.

Do your homework before you spend your money.  AMT looks like they are trying to get their shit together, but after the shenanigans they pulled for the past 9 months or so, it will take a lot more than 5 confirmed shipments to get their name out of the mud.

I'd love to see them get their act together, and make things right with ALL of their customers.  We trusted them with our hard earned money, and for the most part, got burned.  Either with broken hardware, half working HW, NO HW , or delayed HW that will never ROI and should have been upgraded- per THEIR promise(MPP).

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:48:03 AM

Bitpop and anyone else who was bidded in this auction or had bad experience with AMT_miners:  Do what i did, and leave a negative trust rating for them. It will help steer people away in the future

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Hash Master

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:36:48 AM

Hash Master-

if you're serious about learning the mining game, and/or looking to buy a rig, take a look at BitMainTech.  They had nothing but rave reviews on their S1 and S2 Antminers.  I personally own an S1, and am currently looking at the upgrade kit, which will double the Hashrate, while lowering the power consumption.  The upgrade kit basically turns my S1 into an S3.    BitMain has their shit together, and are a professionally run outfit.  They also include ON-TIME shipping, worldwide, from China.  My S1 arrived on my doorstep, 3 days after it was ordered.  My AMT rig arrived 7 weeks after ordered, and from what i can tell, i am one of the lucky few to actually receive a miner. 

The one downside is, you have to order 2 kits.  I only need 1, so i would need to sell the 2nd kit, or obtain a 2nd S1. 

My S1 worked flawlessly, out of the box. It even came minimal documentation to get me started, and it even paid for itself within the 1st month of mining.  Yes, the S1 ROI'd right quick!! These are things i cannot say about my AMT rig.  The AMT rig was missing cables, had thermal paste smeared everywhere- like a 3 year old assembled it,  blew 1 of the 2 boards within the 1st day of operation, and the 2nd board has a bad chip.  I had to disconnect the case fan, since it did nothing to cool the rig, and found that optimal cooling was achieved by removing the boards from the case and mounting them on top of it.  The AMT will never ROI.  It currently cost more to operate than it brings in.  This could change if the BTC price were to get up to $1500+, but even then i doubt it will ever return my investment.  So far, it's brought in about half of what i paid for it.  The MPP is supposed to make up for this, and was a huge selling point for myself and most others who bought from AMT.

The incompetence of the AMT auction is concerning.  Looks like a different tactic to get more money out of unsuspecting/eager miners.  Yes, some have shipped and been received, I'll give them that, but the hassle appears to be more than it's worth.

One last thing,....  it looks like they've removed the Miner Protection Plan from their website.  This is most likely at the advice of their lawyers.  False advertising will get you big fines and/or jail time in the US.  That's what the MPP was, False advertising.  I have not received my MPP upgrade, which I am rightfully owed, nor has anyone else.

Do your homework before you spend your money.  AMT looks like they are trying to get their shit together, but after the shenanigans they pulled for the past 9 months or so, it will take a lot more than 5 confirmed shipments to get their name out of the mud.

I'd love to see them get their act together, and make things right with ALL of their customers.  We trusted them with our hard earned money, and for the most part, got burned.  Either with broken hardware, half working HW, NO HW , or delayed HW that will never ROI and should have been upgraded- per THEIR promise(MPP).

Thanks, buddy. I've been looking at the S1, but am still researching since it is quite an investment to make.

As for the AMT issue, did you try to contact them for that specific issue with the MPP? I think their website has no recent updates, so I assume that might be an omission of some of their content managers.

I see there is a lot of negative feedback, but I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt. The industry is relatively new and even though there might be some companies that seem to do it all right, at some point all of them make mistakes. I tried to send an email with some questions and they answered me back, since I was looking at their machines as well. Try to write them a mail with your concerns. If you already are a customer, I doubt they will risk losing you. This will lead to more negative feedback and damage on their reputation in the future.
Hash Master

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:45:21 AM

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

Ok, thank you.

I meant their thread is censored

Yes, I've seen they self moderate the thread. If I happen to purchase from them, I will open my thread to give my honest opinion and feedback.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:39:08 AM

Hash Master-

Thanks, buddy. I've been looking at the S1, but am still researching since it is quite an investment to make.

As for the AMT issue, did you try to contact them for that specific issue with the MPP? I think their website has no recent updates, so I assume that might be an omission of some of their content managers.

I see there is a lot of negative feedback, but I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt. The industry is relatively new and even though there might be some companies that seem to do it all right, at some point all of them make mistakes. I tried to send an email with some questions and they answered me back, since I was looking at their machines as well. Try to write them a mail with your concerns. If you already are a customer, I doubt they will risk losing you. This will lead to more negative feedback and damage on their reputation in the future.

They are pretty good about responding until you order from them. Then they either ignore you or straight up lie. I have e-mails full of lies about when my machines were supposed to ship. I was  sent an AMT "rig" (think rigged like a carnival game because you are never going to win)  Right out of the gate 2 of the 3 boards didn't work, there was no documentation on how to set any of it up. The fans were barely screwed on. Another board went down. Eventually one night while I was asleep the remaining two boards stopped working. This was because the machine overheated to the point that the heat sinks discolored. And one was hanging off the chip it was supposed to help cool. I do believe this was because of the manufacturing issue that they say they ran into. On one the few things I think they are being 100% straight about. However I do think I was sent a rig before others in line because I had made complaints to various consumer agencies when they refused to refund my money as they are legally obligated to under FTC regulations.

About a month after that AMT issued a recall because the miners they sent out were unsafe. You can see that on their news section. The majority of us on the forum who received the rigs tried to send them back I was one of the lucky few it seems who had theirs accepted back (not before two cross country journey's at the hands of UPS). #5. of the RMA process states "You'll receive a confirmation email stating that we have received your miner and we will immediately ship you a brand new miner." Though I did get fed-ex confirmation I never recieved an e-mail and I still have not received my machine.

They seem unconcerned about the MPP which was advertised on their site and is therefore a legally binding warranty. So when I finally do get my machine I will never be able to ROI with it.

They are currently selling , or trying to sell the exact same model they are sending people who ordered it last year at $6,000 for $1,350. These were produced in the same production run.

Buy from them if you'd like, it's a free country but at this point I would not recommend them to my self from eight months ago.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:43:14 PM

Hash Master-

They are pretty good about responding until you order from them. Then they either ignore you or straight up lie. I have e-mails full of lies about when my machines were supposed to ship. I was  sent an AMT "rig" (think rigged like a carnival game because you are never going to win)  Right out of the gate 2 of the 3 boards didn't work, there was no documentation on how to set any of it up. The fans were barely screwed on. Another board went down. Eventually one night while I was asleep the remaining two boards stopped working. This was because the machine overheated to the point that the heat sinks discolored. And one was hanging off the chip it was supposed to help cool. I do believe this was because of the manufacturing issue that they say they ran into. On one the few things I think they are being 100% straight about. However I do think I was sent a rig before others in line because I had made complaints to various consumer agencies when they refused to refund my money as they are legally obligated to under FTC regulations.

About a month after that AMT issued a recall because the miners they sent out were unsafe. You can see that on their news section. The majority of us on the forum who received the rigs tried to send them back I was one of the lucky few it seems who had theirs accepted back (not before two cross country journey's at the hands of UPS). #5. of the RMA process states "You'll receive a confirmation email stating that we have received your miner and we will immediately ship you a brand new miner." Though I did get fed-ex confirmation I never recieved an e-mail and I still have not received my machine.

They seem unconcerned about the MPP which was advertised on their site and is therefore a legally binding warranty. So when I finally do get my machine I will never be able to ROI with it.

They are currently selling , or trying to sell the exact same model they are sending people who ordered it last year at $6,000 for $1,350. These were produced in the same production run.

Buy from them if you'd like, it's a free country but at this point I would not recommend them to my self from eight months ago.

Right about the same story on my purchase experience.  Great communication until they get your money in their hand, then it gets spotty, if at all. 

Upon arrival, my rig had 1 of 2 boards hashing.  swap cables around, and the other board hashes, while the first one stops.

-- Answer= the rig came short 1 USB cable and was not assembled correctly.  Once i took a serious look at it, and did some research on the controller board, i realized they had the USB power for the controller going to one of the boards instead of from the USB hub. was some kind of crazy daisy chain that didn't work.  A little QA would have gone a long way in this case, and most other cases. Once the boards both received their input from the USB hub, they both hashed at the same time. 

During the troubleshooting of the 1 board hashing at a time issue, one of the boards blew a power supply chip.  My RMA time was 10 days, which is pretty good for a package going coast to coast and back again. 

I stated to AMT that i wanted to get the MPP upgrade, BEFORE my rig shipped. 2 days later, i got an email stating it shipped the day before.  Rig still didn't get to me for another 2 weeks. 

After i received my replacement board, no more of my emails have received replies.  I have asked numerous times about the MPP, via email, this forum and PM.  Not a single acknowledgement of my inquiries.  Nada, zilch, ZIP!

I still have a board in my rig with 15 of 16 chips that hash, but was worried i would never see a replacement if i sent it back to get a board with all chips in good working order.

So, even with $160 credit towards my next order(for a shipping refund from Fedex, which should have been returned to me, but was kept by AMT), i would not place another order with them.  Maybe if they made some kind of attempt to make good on the MPP, or even answered an email telling me something, anything, i may consider it.  But until then, they will not get another red cent from me, and i will continue to caution others about buying anything from them.

it's your money, but don't say you haven't had ample warning.  They may send you something, or they may not.  anybody's guess at this point.  That is not the confidence i want to see from previous customers when i'm spending thousands of dollars.

as for the S1, you'll have to go aftermarket for one, as BitMain does not sell the S1 any longer.  Looks they are only doing S1 upgrade kits, with a minimum order of 2.  Or you can go with the S3, which is basically the S1 with a factory installed upgrade kit.  Kit gives better efficiency and higher hashrate. 

good luck man.  buy with your eyes open.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:22:51 AM

Klondike bar,

Mr.Teal has left us negative feedback. The reason we did not continue with the auction because it seemed you didn't want to go forward with the purchase based on the shipping fee. We could not find anything cheaper.

We most likely wont be doing auctions again, as we're a bit concerned with the escrow factor and usually we sell off this forum.

Eitherway, if you'd like we can still honor the terms of the auction and your winning bid. Eitherway, please get back to us with some resolution.

This is our attempt at making a resolution with you regarding that auction.

Thank you and hopefully we can still do business together.

All the best

AMT.

You have got to be kidding me -its been about 2 weeks that you have been 'selfish mining' (to borrow a BFL phrase) with my hardware and you now want to sell it to me for the price it was worth back then?

want to buy my antminer s1 for 4.75btc? That's a steal if you considering that was the price I paid when I won the batch 1 auction that bitmain operated and followed through on.

Would you be willing to knock 30% off my winning bids to compensate for the difficulty change since the auction ended?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:10:56 PM

looks like a disaster and I was going to bid on these eeek

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

here's what you would get... There is a fake web interface to make you think they are really mining at 1.28Th/s, but reality its much less.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=584891.msg9053836#msg9053836

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

Bitpop and anyone else who was bidded in this auction or had bad experience with AMT_miners:  Do what i did, and leave a negative trust rating for them. It will help steer people away in the future
They got really posts when I posted this, and never had a solution other than sell me the winning price 3weeks after the auction ended, or to put some asicminer tubes in a case for more cost that it was to order tubes directly myself.

Leave these guys negative trust. Bunch of failed promises and no spine to back up what they say

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:08:10 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2iww8e/ebattled_ceo_joshua_zipkin_of_amt_miners_hatches/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: