Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:09:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:36:57 PM

Best part that's easy to prove. It's easy to prove and show. In lack of response Joshua Zipkin is consistent.

If I had to guess, Amanda (last name Hugnkiss?) will be replying to you. Josh won't put his name on anything because he knows he is on everyone's shitlist.

A few more things I should point out about the used fans. The fan with the 3 pin connector actually had a wire cut, the other two fans are 4 pin. I am not sure why the one was cut, but maybe so it could reach the board where it was plugged in. In addition, there is no place to put a 3 pin fan, they plugged it into a 4pin port. This is also not correct as that 3 pin fan spins much slower with the wire cut. This is really a hot mess, and they should not be allowed to continue to take people's money. So, not only do the fans not match, the pinout and wires on the fans are also different. Very unprofessional.

I wrote this letter to them today, I know they will not do anything about it. Pleas someone help us out...

AMT:

I wanted to let you know that the miner you send me is in fact an old used miner, there are used parts inside and I have proof. There were 3 different brands of fans, one with the wire cut. The one with the wire cut is much slower, it has a 3 pin connector on it. The fans were extremely dirty with soot on them because they are used parts. Also, the cards and the case was dirty as well.  The miner also does not work, it only hashes at about 900Gh/s and a cheap Chinese knock off miner it NOT what I ordered. I see you have money to build a website, but not to return my funds.  I would like a refund ASAP in BTC or cash.

Please advise,

They post all over the forums and everywhere you'll receive a reply within 24 hours. but they never reply.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:03:18 PM

The crazy thing is no matter what the miner ALWAYS reports 1.27Ths. So some web coding was done to falsify the numbers. Probably why SSH access was such a pain in the ass to get for most. Because then it means getting access to cgminer and seeing the real hash rate.

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:12:17 PM

The crazy thing is no matter what the miner ALWAYS reports 1.27Ths. So some web coding was done to falsify the numbers. Probably why SSH access was such a pain in the ass to get for most. Because then it means getting access to cgminer and seeing the real hash rate.

There is no such thing as a "part-time" or "mostly honest" scammer.  Once a person chooses that path in life, he must follow it in earnest.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:15:01 PM

That Nidec fan probably still works. Some server fans need to have their PWM pin pulled high to turn on as opposed to most that run full speed with PWM unconnected, so it might just need to be hooked up. I have the exact same fan at home, so I can test it out for you tonight if you like. Might help a little with hashrate.

Those numbers are a crock of shit. Each blade does exactly 255GH/s? I hope you guys have success going after Zipkin.
omgbossis21

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:08:34 PM

Has the firmware been examined, if not I would be happy to do a little reverse engineering....
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:13:57 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:31:23 PM

What a cunt.

I still haven't received a power supply mind you.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
jorgebonilla

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:39:03 PM

Fellas where are we on the Lawsuit against AMT? Any news?
opieum2

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:32:20 PM

The lawsuit has changed a bit others can speak to it, that. There are other things going on as well. Joshua Zipkin's situation is going to be worse than BFL's easy.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:34:53 AM

The lawsuit has changed a bit others can speak to it, that. There are other things going on as well. Joshua Zipkin's situation is going to be worse than BFL's easy.

Be so much easier if the FTC got involved given what they are doing to BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:10:42 PM

Be so much easier if the FTC got involved given what they are doing to BFL.

Not worried, its coming. Not just FTC but criminal as well. I know he is still online from time to time. Once he stops jumping online everytime I or a few others posts to read what we write (yea I know when he is online and its easy and honestly out of my control actually and most of all perfectly legal), it's like clock work with him.

Xandrah

Activity: 273
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

Wow that is some dodgy wiring.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2603

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:17:12 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 01:29:42 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Wow that is some dodgy wiring.
To say the least. On mine all 3 fans had their wires cut leaving about a 1" stub from the fans. Long 3-wire cables were connected to the stubs and ran to the controller board, plugged in there and hot glued as well. Those turbine fans are definite pulls from salvaged servers.

Mine as well was filthy and obviously ran for more than 'a few day and the rooms are really dusty'. Josh, remember that I build industrial equipment? I've seen gear in places from clean rooms to absolutely horrid metal foundry conditions. Not only the fans and insides of the case covered in fine dust but even on the ends of the heatsinks in back where vortexes form had long term build up. As in growths about 2mm thick...

Since my miner arrived without a psu I had time to kill until one arrived (a week later - I got Lucky!) so cleaned it up and replaced all 3 fans with ones from Bgear. Also added a cover directly over the top of the row of hash board heat sinks to channel all airflow from the fans through/over the heatsinks. Works quite well.

I will say kudos on the heatsinks: Both the main bottom ones and the top sinks are 1st rate and well done, even have tapered fins with further tiny fins on them for great efficiency. Beats the hell out of the massive bulk-extruded ones from the 1st try versions..
My miner: http://imgur.com/a/DmzAv

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
opieum2

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:26:02 AM

Well I just got a most interesting text from clenell....AMT is NOT at the conference....hmmm. wonder why? Josh scared of something? He feeling guilty? Well it's ok. I am sure Jim Brown will sing like a canary, maybe so will Alyssa who still is working for him. Since AMT not at the conference, guess they got something to be worried about hmm?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:52:17 AM

Since Joshua Zipkin et al of AMT do not respond to support email/calls, has anyone directly contacted AMT's lawyers with their issues?

I'd think for folks like Rik that have still not gotten a psu Advanced Miners lawyers would be mighty concerned about that. They can't exactly turn away AMT's clients who are voicing their concerns now can they? They should be obliged to at respond putting more damning evidence in the legal chain if AMT doesn't deal with it.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:15:38 AM

Since Joshua Zipkin et al of AMT do not respond to support email/calls, has anyone directly contacted AMT's lawyers with their issues?

I'd think for folks like Rik that have still not gotten a psu Advanced Miners lawyers would be mighty concerned about that. They can't exactly turn away AMT's clients who are voicing their concerns now can they? They should be obliged to at respond putting more damning evidence in the legal chain if AMT doesn't deal with it.

Of course they can, they are paid to provide legal counsel and legal representation to their clients.  The only group of people that will provide less information about AMT than AMT themselves is their lawyers.  All you are ever getting out of them is boiler plate man.

You got a CS issue, deal with AMT, can't get a hold of AMT file a law suit then the lawyers will get involved!
opieum2

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:06:23 AM

Of course they can, they are paid to provide legal counsel and legal representation to their clients.  The only group of people that will provide less information about AMT than AMT themselves is their lawyers.  All you are ever getting out of them is boiler plate man.

You got a CS issue, deal with AMT, can't get a hold of AMT file a law suit then the lawyers will get involved!

At this point the matter is fraud. He clearly acted maliciously against his clients. Joshua Zipkins OWN words put it on him. Any law enforcement seeking to address this can contact me. I have reached out and I know quite a few are watching these threads. I will coordinate contact with the others I have spoken to. He has threatened peoples lives by outing them (of which I was one of those people) and robbed them of their money.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:18:58 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 04:46:58 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Of course they can, they are paid to provide legal counsel and legal representation to their clients.  The only group of people that will provide less information about AMT than AMT themselves is their lawyers.  All you are ever getting out of them is boiler plate man.

Never said anything about getting information from the lawyers. Yes pretty sure it will be a boilerplate response. Just state the facts of your claim on the hardware received, attempts to contact AMT for relief and stick to that. Keep it Formal and don't be a pest once the reply comes..

But - point is the contact with them and your claim directly becomes part of AMT's lawyers legal documents. Ones that Josh cannot change nor deny and since it is unlikely for AMT's lawyers to volunteer said documents it can be later brought up by Plaintiffs that they DO exist and AMT's consul *is* aware of them and through them, Josh is as well.

As Joshua Zipkin/AMT's legal consul the lawyers certainly do not have to (or have the power to) act on our input regarding AMT's unfulfilled orders they do still have the responsibility to notify Josh about it. What he does from there is between him and his lawyers.

opieum2

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:15:50 PM

From what I heard, AMT's lawyers advised them NOT to do the "Naughty List" routine because it was not legal or ethical to do so, not to send people bad miners with no power supplies, cut wires, used and dirty. AMT went against the lawyers advice and send the machines to the "Naughty list" group anyway. I really wish someone could help us who paid $6,000 for these $899 miners. There is no way in the world we are going to get our money back using these room heaters. That's all they are good for now.

Something will happen just might take a while. I don't expect Josh will have many options. He is trying to work around the community. But he is a creature of habit and it will backfire on him as always. He appears to think beyond his ability which is what will continually ruin him.

AMT_miners

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:09:10 PM

Actually,

It's your ego that's getting in the way at the moment. AMT isn't working around the community, nor are we hiding lol. We just don't care to write on this forum anymore as we explained last month. Even though we don't engage in your daily crap fest we're still just as popular either way, so why should we loose our time like opieum2. And please be sure that we're contributing to the community everyday, we resent that statement. Do notice its the same 4-6 individuals that comment about about us, and it's been that way since ...January. And please know they are wrong about so many things, but we feel there's no point even to go into it. We're not gonna sit on this forum day after day and loose our time arguing with the same people whose sole purpose is to have us do just that. For support issues you're welcome to email us at sales@amtminers.com and someone will get back to your shortly.

And to our glorious colleagues, you're pregame of crap before the price spike probably wont make much of a difference in the outcome of AMT sales, AMT doesn't make any sales due to our terrible reputation, but you guy's already know that. But we're still trying everyday as some of you can see.  

Here's some advice:. buy bitcoin. Buy it today under 360, hold for 2-3 days with a stop order at 430. When it sells, immediately after place a buy order at 395, hold for 4-5 days with a stop at 540. Invest at your own risk.

But what do we know, we're just a bunch of "idiots with a moronic CEO that seems to know nothing about technology".  Wink

And sorry about Vegas guys, we wanted to go but something came up and we couldn't make it. Maybe next time if things start to look up.

For anything else please feel free to email us at Sales@AMTminers.com as we don't write on this forum too often.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: