Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:08:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins  (Read 4774 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MajidBC (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:59:35 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 04:42:30 PM by MajidBC

It's time for the community to find a way to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins. Scammers launch a new coin, sell the premine or put something in the code, get rich, then leave the coin, the day after, they launch a new shitcoin and the process goes on.

Please share your ideas and suggestions to solve this situation.

The problems and solutions which are discussed here are listed below. You can discuss about them, or add some new cases to each list by discussing them here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I. Problems List:

1- Unsafe Premine

2- Hidden Premine in The Code

3- Uncommitted Devs (In addition to the two above cases, they easily leave their coin if it has any problem)

4- Bag-holder Situation (Bag-holders defend their coin, even it's scam) --> Is this a problem in your opinion?

5- Market Manipulation (Pumps and dumps of new coins)

6- Wallets With Virus And Malware

The following list is a list of suggestions which need to be discussed more. The numbers of this list are not related to the above numbers.

II. Solutions List:

1- Escrow premine (by well-known forum members or exchanges)

2- Another forum with BASIC rules for devs

3- Devs use their original usernames. (Stand behind your product!)

4- Crypto Association/Foundation/Group
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726610.msg8228948#msg8228948)

5- Certification Group: A new coin can be checked by a group to be confirmed before launch.

6- A new exchange made by reputable members of bitcointalk.
(Suggested here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726610.msg8399664#msg8399664)

III. Other Topics:

1- Do you think some scam devs are related to some exchanges, hashrate rental websites, and pool opertaors?

Obviously the scammers will post bullshit here, and prevent this topic to be fruitful. So, I've made it self-moderated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:14:17 AM

Market needs a lot more coins, why stiffle innovation?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:16:52 AM

ck and filebit are the new scam coins, so easy to spot..
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:20:13 AM

Market needs a lot more coins, why stiffle innovation?

I didn't say we should prevent launching new coins or ceasing innovation. On the contrary, I like new coins, but with commited devs and innovations.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:40:28 AM

i think any rules goes against the whole idea behind crypto

Im surprized this site is doing such a great job other than a few annoying rules

I was on them a bit when they were talking shit about altcoins

There is good with bad, and central choices being made would sooner or later turn out to be a bigger disaster than the scan devs

People just need to stop supplying them with their money if you ask me
Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:48:43 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 10:58:55 AM by Rebound Effect

As I already said in a previous thread, I think that this game needs basic rules, like all the other games of this world. Someone laughs when I talk about basic rules, but I think he s a scammer dev for sure. Someone else tells " this is a decentralized market" and that's all, but surely those who tell so doesn t know what " decentralized market" is. The point is that nobody believes in anybody here and this will kill this crypto world. It's quite simply to understand it.
My proposal is a new altcoin community out of here where only the escrowed premine coins and no premine coins should be allowed. The premine should be escrowed by the mods. Simply and easy. I lost my hopes about this forum because maybe the Mods play a part in all these scams. To those who says " leave people free to choose if to invest or not" I say that this concept is a bit unfair. If we introduce basic rules, the whole mechanism will change. Actually, every coin dies after the bittrex pump... Why? Because nobody believes in every devs. Who is against this idea is simply a scammer dev.

No basic rules= no evolution, no innovation

I don t think that to prevent the scams will kill the crypto scene: I think we will have a lot of new actors

If we build a new altcoin community, each person will choose by himself in which coin to invest and which forum to follow. It is not against bitcointalk: it's complementary
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:02:31 AM

Each person can already choose what coin to invest in and follow now without your vision of centralization becoming a reality
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

The Altcoin game will carry on being a complete mess and I don't really see a way to stop it.

People are in it to make money and they will continue to create coins if people keep buying them.

Real investors will invest in bitcoin and maybe a few high profile altcoin. When I talk to my friends about bitcoin they understand that is has uses and that is popular.

When I mention someone also created a coin called frycoin or burgercoin they just laugh and it put them off even trying bitcoin.

I guess the only way to stop new stupid coins is to stop people buying them and maybe some sort of regulation on the exchanges. Regulation in the free crypto world somewhat defeats the objective that is first set out to do though.

The proof of dev things ( what ever it's called ) is a good idea, but if people really want to find a way around it, they will.

Look forward to seeing what some others have to say Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:03:45 AM

i think any rules goes against the whole idea behind crypto

I don't think having a few basic rules for cryptocurrency community would hurt it, on the contrary it will make it a better place for miners and investors.

People just need to stop supplying them with their money if you ask me

I agree, and the question is how we can recognize scammer devs.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:07:30 AM

As I already said in a previous thread, I think that this game needs basic rules, like all the other games of this world. Someone laughs when I talk about basic rules, but I think he s a scammer dev for sure. Someone else tells " this is a decentralized market" and that's all, but surely those who tell so doesn t know what " decentralized market" is. The point is that nobody believes in anybody here and this will kill this crypto world. It's quite simply to understand it.
My proposal is a new altcoin community out of here where only the escrowed premine coins and no premine coins should be allowed. The premine should be escrowed by the mods. Simply and easy. I lost my hopes about this forum because maybe the Mods play a part in all these scams. To those who says " leave people free to choose if to invest or not" I say that this concept is a bit unfair. If we introduce basic rules, the whole mechanism will change. Actually, every coin dies after the bittrex pump... Why? Because nobody believes in every devs. Who is against this idea is simply a scammer dev.

No basic rules= no evolution, no innovation

I don t think that to prevent the scams will kill the crypto scene: I think we will have a lot of new actors

If we build a new altcoin community, each person will choose by himself in which coin to invest and which forum to follow. It is not against bitcointalk: it's complementary

I totally agree about basic rules, and escrowed premine seems a good idea. In conclusion, another forum with basic rules for devs and new coins and an escrowed premine seems a solution.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:12:34 AM

The Altcoin game will carry on being a complete mess and I don't really see a way to stop it.

People are in it to make money and they will continue to create coins if people keep buying them.

Real investors will invest in bitcoin and maybe a few high profile altcoin. When I talk to my friends about bitcoin they understand that is has uses and that is popular.

When I mention someone also created a coin called frycoin or burgercoin they just laugh and it put them off even trying bitcoin.

I guess the only way to stop new stupid coins is to stop people buying them and maybe some sort of regulation on the exchanges. Regulation in the free crypto world somewhat defeats the objective that is first set out to do though.

The proof of dev things ( what ever it's called ) is a good idea, but if people really want to find a way around it, they will.

Look forward to seeing what some others have to say Smiley

I had the same experience with my friends with suarezcoin (with its stupid icon) and hashcoin.

Regulation on exchanges seems a little hard to implement. And there isn't any RULE that we can't have any rule for cryptocurrency world. A few basic rules won't hurt.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:21:57 AM

Agreed, but most of the scam coins are the exchanges & hashrate rental sites (not going to point @ the main ones, but most already know which ones they are). The Dev's that create the coins, all work for the exchanges/rental sites & are the Newbie accounts. Best idea is like the previous post, don't buy or mine coins that just launched & wait till the scammer or huge hashrate renter dumps for the 1btc or whatever it cost to make the coin / rent a huge amount of hashrate. Another big issue is now the people renting huge amounts of hashrate, which is another reason why there are so many coins being created. Looking at all the new coins being launched, they all have that one or two miners with 10x the hashrate of the entire pool? Making it really tough to decide what coins are going to be a good investment & which ones are going to have a major dump.

P.S. Also think that most of the coins with heavy volume are just people trading with each other (group of friends) or themselves, pulling in a few people here & there... Then once they pumped the volume & have a big buy wall, they dump & leave. Seen so many markets do this over the last year, saddest part is the exchanges just let them do it for their cut of the profit trades.

I wan't aware of exchanges and hashrate rental sites being a part of this. Even though it seems possible and logical and sorry for asking, but is there any proof?

Looking at all the new coins being launched, they all have that one or two miners with 10x the hashrate of the entire pool? Making it really tough to decide what coins are going to be a good investment & which ones are going to have a major dump.

I agree. High exchange volume is not a good factor to decide which coin has a good future to invest.

P.S. Also think that most of the coins with heavy volume are just people trading with each other (group of friends) or themselves, pulling in a few people here & there... Then once they pumped the volume & have a big buy wall, they dump & leave. Seen so many markets do this over the last year, saddest part is the exchanges just let them do it for their cut of the profit trades.

And market manipulation. Does anyone aware of any solution for market manipulation in stock markets? Maybe we can have those solutions for cryptocurrency exchanges.
pausing

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:30:48 AM

Good suggestions,we should have a brainstorming here!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:34:32 AM

Speak UP !

that is it.

for example i made a poll asking you all if a coin was a scam in all your opinion and i came back like 12 hours later
and two people had voted and no one had commented.

this tells me and clear you guys don't care at all in any way shape or form about scam coins.
your all content to quietly let it continue..

this has ALWAYS been the problem here !

by hiding like lazy cowards you empower the scammers to lie their ass's off and scam people.
what are new people suppose to think when a scam coin can be launched and not one single criticism is said ?
it's easy to load up on lies so bad newer guys will not know what to think..
one guy was bragging here before he made 60 accounts to "like" his new clone coin.
one well known dev cloner last year told me he had 10 coins pre-made ahead of time but were not launched yet.
and it all goes down in silence with no opposition..

you all need to grow some balls.

we need to prevent fucking retards from being bag holders in the first place.. priority no. 1
once they are bag holders they will defend any scam coin to the death !

i have said for a year now i NEVER get any back up.. your *almost all a bunch of cowards hopping around on my coat tails chanting you "hate crap coins"
but *almost none of you ever put your money where your mouth is !

how often have i seen a guy in the last 12 months backing me up when i am exposing a scam coin ?
NEVER.
all you fuckers hid and then create topics like this.. over and over and over and over and over.. all along.
so you can pretend to be all fucking concerned (at a safe distance)  Roll Eyes

Get your hands dirty ya fucking cowards.. grow some fucking balls and be a man about it for fuck sakes !
don't quiver in the corner like a scared little puppy that just got caught peeing the floor LOL

i love how as prices dropped last couple months how a new trend popped up
and that is, running around pretending to be all concerned about scam coin ahhahahhahahahha

gimme a fucking break.. where were you guys before ?
making money supporting shit coins *quietly.. once you couldn't make a ton of BTC off them you all started crying LOL
and i warned you all this would happen 24/7 (this scene would die off prices dropping and guys leaving etc)
..by my self.
as i took a bloody beating from coin cloners and scammers and their shell accounts.

Prices will go back up and you will all change your tune in a hurry and vanish with this whole scam coin concern.
no one will be bitching about them and you will all go back to supporting them for PROFIT ..guaranteed !

previous trend ? Anon coins.. current one ? being all concerned about those dang scam coins !
because they are not making you guys money anymore LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i have no faith in you all.. your all greedy and let this shit get bad.. REAL bad !
this is not going to change.

If you want it to change than simply change it.
and the very first step is standing up and being heard..

if your not a apart of the solution ? ..then you ARE the problem !

edit:
i have seen these exact topics non stop in the last year.. and the same guys running their mouth here are silent on real coin topics.
so there will be millions more of these dumb little topics...

edit2:
at least the guys crying what coin is profitable will leave.. we need to get rid of greedy douche bags they are not needed.
dropping coin prices will purge us from the morons..

FUD first & ask questions later™
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:38:01 AM

Okay, so regulation on exchanges might be a bit hard to implement, but the owners of the exchanges could look into coins a bit more before adding them onto the exchanges.

We are getting coins added to exchanges that don't have any active devs/owners, this to me is very weird!

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:11:50 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 05:39:00 PM by MajidBC

Speak UP !

that is it.

for example i made a poll asking you all if a coin was a scam in all your opinion and i came back like 12 hours later
and two people had voted and no one had commented.

this tells me and clear you guys don't care at all in any way shape or form about scam coins.
your all content to quietly let it continue..

this has ALWAYS been the problem here !

by hiding like lazy cowards you empower the scammers to lie their ass's off and scam people.
what are new people suppose to think when a scam coin can be launched and not one single criticism is said ?
it's easy to load up on lies so bad newer guys will not know what to think..
one guy was bragging here before he made 60 accounts to "like" his new clone coin.
one well known dev cloner last year told me he had 10 coins pre-made ahead of time but were not launched yet.
and it all goes down in silence with no opposition..

you all need to grow some balls.

we need to prevent fucking retards from being bag holders in the first place.. priority no. 1
once they are bag holders they will defend any scam coin to the death !

i have said for a year now i NEVER get any back up.. your *almost all a bunch of cowards hopping around on my coat tails chanting you "hate crap coins"
but *almost none of you ever put your money where your mouth is !

how often have i seen a guy in the last 12 months backing me up when i am exposing a scam coin ?
NEVER.
all you fuckers hid and then create topics like this.. over and over and over and over and over.. all along.
so you can pretend to be all fucking concerned (at a safe distance)  Roll Eyes

Get your hands dirty ya fucking cowards.. grow some fucking balls and be a man about it for fuck sakes !
don't quiver in the corner like a scared little puppy that just got caught peeing the floor LOL

i love how as prices dropped last couple months how a new trend popped up
and that is, running around pretending to be all concerned about scam coin ahhahahhahahahha

gimme a fucking break.. where were you guys before ?
making money supporting shit coins *quietly.. once you couldn't make a ton of BTC off them you all started crying LOL
and i warned you all this would happen 24/7 (this scene would die off prices dropping and guys leaving etc)
..by my self.
as i took a bloody beating from coin cloners and scammers and their shell accounts.

Prices will go back up and you will all change your tune in a hurry and vanish with this whole scam coin concern.
no one will be bitching about them and you will all go back to supporting them for PROFIT ..guaranteed !

previous trend ? Anon coins.. current one ? being all concerned about those dang scam coins !
because they are not making you guys money anymore LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i have no faith in you all.. your all greedy and let this shit get bad.. REAL bad !
this is not going to change.

If you want it to change than simply change it.
and the very first step is standing up and being heard..

if your not a apart of the solution ? ..then you ARE the problem !

edit:
i have seen these exact topics non stop in the last year.. and the same guys running their mouth here are silent on real coin topics.
so there will be millions more of these dumb little topics...

edit2:
at least the guys crying what coin is profitable will leave.. we need to get rid of greedy douche bags they are not needed.
dropping coin prices will purge us from the morons..

First of all, please don't talk offensive. I and you both have the same problem and I'm here to discuss about a solution to OUR problem.

Secondly, you can't put all people except you in a group. For instance, I wasn't aware of your topic, so you can't judge me that I just care about profit. And I should admit that it would be better if I was aware of it.

Thirdly, the poll idea had two problems. First, you should somehow promote your topic. For instance, I created this topic yesterday, and sent message to a few of my friends and a few Hero and Senior members to participate in this topic. And i'm going to send messages to different members everyday, so they can be aware of this topic. By this method, at least I can be sure some people know that this kind of topic exists. Then, I can judge them if they care or don't care. The second problem of the poll idea is cheating. I can have infinite IP's from my ISP, and create infinite accounts, then I can take money from the scammer devs and vote for their coin.

You are an old and experienced member of bitcointalk and I'm sure you have good suggestions to discuss. I extracted three points from your text:

1- Nobody didn't post any comment for your topic, and I'm sure the problem was "The topic was unknown". We should promote this topic, so a good number of members can give their ideas.

2- We should find a solution for bagholder situation. I totally agree with this point.

3- At least we have a bright light in the future, "we'll get rid of greedy douche bags", as you said because of price dropping.

Looking forward to read your suggestions!
SEGA99

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

in my opnion,i think most people they don't care about scame or not,they just care money,so let thoess people buy shitcoins!
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:26:03 AM

Okay, so regulation on exchanges might be a bit hard to implement, but the owners of the exchanges could look into coins a bit more before adding them onto the exchanges.

We are getting coins added to exchanges that don't have any active devs/owners, this to me is very weird!

Since they are taking their commission by adding as many coins as they can, I don't see any reason for them to care about people. Users should put them in a situation in which they feel their reputation is in danger and act about it. Suggestion about exchanges is a good start.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:27:39 AM

in my opnion,i think most people they don't care about scame or not,they just care money,so let thoess people buy shitcoins!

If I may ask, haven't you lost any money because of scammer devs at all?
Stepha

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

ck and filebit are the new scam coins, so easy to spot..
yeah, it seems like CKCOIN WEBCOIN BBL PPL and so on are made by the same shit dev.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. T7wYxESgQdDn3juMeRMRAM9a6KobQA9y4A
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: