Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:03:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins  (Read 4774 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MajidBC (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:59:35 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 04:42:30 PM by MajidBC

It's time for the community to find a way to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins. Scammers launch a new coin, sell the premine or put something in the code, get rich, then leave the coin, the day after, they launch a new shitcoin and the process goes on.

Please share your ideas and suggestions to solve this situation.

The problems and solutions which are discussed here are listed below. You can discuss about them, or add some new cases to each list by discussing them here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I. Problems List:

1- Unsafe Premine

2- Hidden Premine in The Code

3- Uncommitted Devs (In addition to the two above cases, they easily leave their coin if it has any problem)

4- Bag-holder Situation (Bag-holders defend their coin, even it's scam) --> Is this a problem in your opinion?

5- Market Manipulation (Pumps and dumps of new coins)

6- Wallets With Virus And Malware

The following list is a list of suggestions which need to be discussed more. The numbers of this list are not related to the above numbers.

II. Solutions List:

1- Escrow premine (by well-known forum members or exchanges)

2- Another forum with BASIC rules for devs

3- Devs use their original usernames. (Stand behind your product!)

4- Crypto Association/Foundation/Group
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726610.msg8228948#msg8228948)

5- Certification Group: A new coin can be checked by a group to be confirmed before launch.

6- A new exchange made by reputable members of bitcointalk.
(Suggested here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726610.msg8399664#msg8399664)

III. Other Topics:

1- Do you think some scam devs are related to some exchanges, hashrate rental websites, and pool opertaors?

Obviously the scammers will post bullshit here, and prevent this topic to be fruitful. So, I've made it self-moderated.
atoni

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:14:17 AM

Market needs a lot more coins, why stiffle innovation?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:16:52 AM

ck and filebit are the new scam coins, so easy to spot..
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:20:13 AM

I didn't say we should prevent launching new coins or ceasing innovation. On the contrary, I like new coins, but with commited devs and innovations.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:40:28 AM

i think any rules goes against the whole idea behind crypto

Im surprized this site is doing such a great job other than a few annoying rules

I was on them a bit when they were talking shit about altcoins

There is good with bad, and central choices being made would sooner or later turn out to be a bigger disaster than the scan devs

People just need to stop supplying them with their money if you ask me
Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:48:43 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 10:58:55 AM by Rebound Effect

As I already said in a previous thread, I think that this game needs basic rules, like all the other games of this world. Someone laughs when I talk about basic rules, but I think he s a scammer dev for sure. Someone else tells " this is a decentralized market" and that's all, but surely those who tell so doesn t know what " decentralized market" is. The point is that nobody believes in anybody here and this will kill this crypto world. It's quite simply to understand it.
My proposal is a new altcoin community out of here where only the escrowed premine coins and no premine coins should be allowed. The premine should be escrowed by the mods. Simply and easy. I lost my hopes about this forum because maybe the Mods play a part in all these scams. To those who says " leave people free to choose if to invest or not" I say that this concept is a bit unfair. If we introduce basic rules, the whole mechanism will change. Actually, every coin dies after the bittrex pump... Why? Because nobody believes in every devs. Who is against this idea is simply a scammer dev.

No basic rules= no evolution, no innovation

I don t think that to prevent the scams will kill the crypto scene: I think we will have a lot of new actors

If we build a new altcoin community, each person will choose by himself in which coin to invest and which forum to follow. It is not against bitcointalk: it's complementary
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:02:31 AM

Each person can already choose what coin to invest in and follow now without your vision of centralization becoming a reality
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

The Altcoin game will carry on being a complete mess and I don't really see a way to stop it.

People are in it to make money and they will continue to create coins if people keep buying them.

Real investors will invest in bitcoin and maybe a few high profile altcoin. When I talk to my friends about bitcoin they understand that is has uses and that is popular.

When I mention someone also created a coin called frycoin or burgercoin they just laugh and it put them off even trying bitcoin.

I guess the only way to stop new stupid coins is to stop people buying them and maybe some sort of regulation on the exchanges. Regulation in the free crypto world somewhat defeats the objective that is first set out to do though.

The proof of dev things ( what ever it's called ) is a good idea, but if people really want to find a way around it, they will.

Look forward to seeing what some others have to say Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:03:45 AM

i think any rules goes against the whole idea behind crypto

I don't think having a few basic rules for cryptocurrency community would hurt it, on the contrary it will make it a better place for miners and investors.

People just need to stop supplying them with their money if you ask me

I agree, and the question is how we can recognize scammer devs.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:07:30 AM

As I already said in a previous thread, I think that this game needs basic rules, like all the other games of this world. Someone laughs when I talk about basic rules, but I think he s a scammer dev for sure. Someone else tells " this is a decentralized market" and that's all, but surely those who tell so doesn t know what " decentralized market" is. The point is that nobody believes in anybody here and this will kill this crypto world. It's quite simply to understand it.
My proposal is a new altcoin community out of here where only the escrowed premine coins and no premine coins should be allowed. The premine should be escrowed by the mods. Simply and easy. I lost my hopes about this forum because maybe the Mods play a part in all these scams. To those who says " leave people free to choose if to invest or not" I say that this concept is a bit unfair. If we introduce basic rules, the whole mechanism will change. Actually, every coin dies after the bittrex pump... Why? Because nobody believes in every devs. Who is against this idea is simply a scammer dev.

No basic rules= no evolution, no innovation

I don t think that to prevent the scams will kill the crypto scene: I think we will have a lot of new actors

If we build a new altcoin community, each person will choose by himself in which coin to invest and which forum to follow. It is not against bitcointalk: it's complementary

I totally agree about basic rules, and escrowed premine seems a good idea. In conclusion, another forum with basic rules for devs and new coins and an escrowed premine seems a solution.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:12:34 AM

The Altcoin game will carry on being a complete mess and I don't really see a way to stop it.

People are in it to make money and they will continue to create coins if people keep buying them.

Real investors will invest in bitcoin and maybe a few high profile altcoin. When I talk to my friends about bitcoin they understand that is has uses and that is popular.

When I mention someone also created a coin called frycoin or burgercoin they just laugh and it put them off even trying bitcoin.

I guess the only way to stop new stupid coins is to stop people buying them and maybe some sort of regulation on the exchanges. Regulation in the free crypto world somewhat defeats the objective that is first set out to do though.

The proof of dev things ( what ever it's called ) is a good idea, but if people really want to find a way around it, they will.

Look forward to seeing what some others have to say Smiley

I had the same experience with my friends with suarezcoin (with its stupid icon) and hashcoin.

Regulation on exchanges seems a little hard to implement. And there isn't any RULE that we can't have any rule for cryptocurrency world. A few basic rules won't hurt.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:21:57 AM

Agreed, but most of the scam coins are the exchanges & hashrate rental sites (not going to point @ the main ones, but most already know which ones they are). The Dev's that create the coins, all work for the exchanges/rental sites & are the Newbie accounts. Best idea is like the previous post, don't buy or mine coins that just launched & wait till the scammer or huge hashrate renter dumps for the 1btc or whatever it cost to make the coin / rent a huge amount of hashrate. Another big issue is now the people renting huge amounts of hashrate, which is another reason why there are so many coins being created. Looking at all the new coins being launched, they all have that one or two miners with 10x the hashrate of the entire pool? Making it really tough to decide what coins are going to be a good investment & which ones are going to have a major dump.

P.S. Also think that most of the coins with heavy volume are just people trading with each other (group of friends) or themselves, pulling in a few people here & there... Then once they pumped the volume & have a big buy wall, they dump & leave. Seen so many markets do this over the last year, saddest part is the exchanges just let them do it for their cut of the profit trades.

I wan't aware of exchanges and hashrate rental sites being a part of this. Even though it seems possible and logical and sorry for asking, but is there any proof?

Looking at all the new coins being launched, they all have that one or two miners with 10x the hashrate of the entire pool? Making it really tough to decide what coins are going to be a good investment & which ones are going to have a major dump.

I agree. High exchange volume is not a good factor to decide which coin has a good future to invest.

P.S. Also think that most of the coins with heavy volume are just people trading with each other (group of friends) or themselves, pulling in a few people here & there... Then once they pumped the volume & have a big buy wall, they dump & leave. Seen so many markets do this over the last year, saddest part is the exchanges just let them do it for their cut of the profit trades.

And market manipulation. Does anyone aware of any solution for market manipulation in stock markets? Maybe we can have those solutions for cryptocurrency exchanges.
pausing

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:30:48 AM

Good suggestions,we should have a brainstorming here!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:34:32 AM

Speak UP !

that is it.

for example i made a poll asking you all if a coin was a scam in all your opinion and i came back like 12 hours later
and two people had voted and no one had commented.

this tells me and clear you guys don't care at all in any way shape or form about scam coins.
your all content to quietly let it continue..

this has ALWAYS been the problem here !

by hiding like lazy cowards you empower the scammers to lie their ass's off and scam people.
what are new people suppose to think when a scam coin can be launched and not one single criticism is said ?
it's easy to load up on lies so bad newer guys will not know what to think..
one guy was bragging here before he made 60 accounts to "like" his new clone coin.
one well known dev cloner last year told me he had 10 coins pre-made ahead of time but were not launched yet.
and it all goes down in silence with no opposition..

you all need to grow some balls.

we need to prevent fucking retards from being bag holders in the first place.. priority no. 1
once they are bag holders they will defend any scam coin to the death !

i have said for a year now i NEVER get any back up.. your *almost all a bunch of cowards hopping around on my coat tails chanting you "hate crap coins"
but *almost none of you ever put your money where your mouth is !

how often have i seen a guy in the last 12 months backing me up when i am exposing a scam coin ?
NEVER.
all you fuckers hid and then create topics like this.. over and over and over and over and over.. all along.
so you can pretend to be all fucking concerned (at a safe distance)  Roll Eyes

Get your hands dirty ya fucking cowards.. grow some fucking balls and be a man about it for fuck sakes !
don't quiver in the corner like a scared little puppy that just got caught peeing the floor LOL

i love how as prices dropped last couple months how a new trend popped up
and that is, running around pretending to be all concerned about scam coin ahhahahhahahahha

gimme a fucking break.. where were you guys before ?
making money supporting shit coins *quietly.. once you couldn't make a ton of BTC off them you all started crying LOL
and i warned you all this would happen 24/7 (this scene would die off prices dropping and guys leaving etc)
..by my self.
as i took a bloody beating from coin cloners and scammers and their shell accounts.

Prices will go back up and you will all change your tune in a hurry and vanish with this whole scam coin concern.
no one will be bitching about them and you will all go back to supporting them for PROFIT ..guaranteed !

previous trend ? Anon coins.. current one ? being all concerned about those dang scam coins !
because they are not making you guys money anymore LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i have no faith in you all.. your all greedy and let this shit get bad.. REAL bad !
this is not going to change.

If you want it to change than simply change it.
and the very first step is standing up and being heard..

if your not a apart of the solution ? ..then you ARE the problem !

edit:
i have seen these exact topics non stop in the last year.. and the same guys running their mouth here are silent on real coin topics.
so there will be millions more of these dumb little topics...

edit2:
at least the guys crying what coin is profitable will leave.. we need to get rid of greedy douche bags they are not needed.
dropping coin prices will purge us from the morons..

FUD first & ask questions later™
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:38:01 AM

Okay, so regulation on exchanges might be a bit hard to implement, but the owners of the exchanges could look into coins a bit more before adding them onto the exchanges.

We are getting coins added to exchanges that don't have any active devs/owners, this to me is very weird!

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:11:50 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 05:39:00 PM by MajidBC

Speak UP !

that is it.

for example i made a poll asking you all if a coin was a scam in all your opinion and i came back like 12 hours later
and two people had voted and no one had commented.

this tells me and clear you guys don't care at all in any way shape or form about scam coins.
your all content to quietly let it continue..

this has ALWAYS been the problem here !

by hiding like lazy cowards you empower the scammers to lie their ass's off and scam people.
what are new people suppose to think when a scam coin can be launched and not one single criticism is said ?
it's easy to load up on lies so bad newer guys will not know what to think..
one guy was bragging here before he made 60 accounts to "like" his new clone coin.
one well known dev cloner last year told me he had 10 coins pre-made ahead of time but were not launched yet.
and it all goes down in silence with no opposition..

you all need to grow some balls.

we need to prevent fucking retards from being bag holders in the first place.. priority no. 1
once they are bag holders they will defend any scam coin to the death !

i have said for a year now i NEVER get any back up.. your *almost all a bunch of cowards hopping around on my coat tails chanting you "hate crap coins"
but *almost none of you ever put your money where your mouth is !

how often have i seen a guy in the last 12 months backing me up when i am exposing a scam coin ?
NEVER.
all you fuckers hid and then create topics like this.. over and over and over and over and over.. all along.
so you can pretend to be all fucking concerned (at a safe distance)  Roll Eyes

Get your hands dirty ya fucking cowards.. grow some fucking balls and be a man about it for fuck sakes !
don't quiver in the corner like a scared little puppy that just got caught peeing the floor LOL

i love how as prices dropped last couple months how a new trend popped up
and that is, running around pretending to be all concerned about scam coin ahhahahhahahahha

gimme a fucking break.. where were you guys before ?
making money supporting shit coins *quietly.. once you couldn't make a ton of BTC off them you all started crying LOL
and i warned you all this would happen 24/7 (this scene would die off prices dropping and guys leaving etc)
..by my self.
as i took a bloody beating from coin cloners and scammers and their shell accounts.

Prices will go back up and you will all change your tune in a hurry and vanish with this whole scam coin concern.
no one will be bitching about them and you will all go back to supporting them for PROFIT ..guaranteed !

previous trend ? Anon coins.. current one ? being all concerned about those dang scam coins !
because they are not making you guys money anymore LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

i have no faith in you all.. your all greedy and let this shit get bad.. REAL bad !
this is not going to change.

If you want it to change than simply change it.
and the very first step is standing up and being heard..

if your not a apart of the solution ? ..then you ARE the problem !

edit:
i have seen these exact topics non stop in the last year.. and the same guys running their mouth here are silent on real coin topics.
so there will be millions more of these dumb little topics...

edit2:
at least the guys crying what coin is profitable will leave.. we need to get rid of greedy douche bags they are not needed.
dropping coin prices will purge us from the morons..

First of all, please don't talk offensive. I and you both have the same problem and I'm here to discuss about a solution to OUR problem.

Secondly, you can't put all people except you in a group. For instance, I wasn't aware of your topic, so you can't judge me that I just care about profit. And I should admit that it would be better if I was aware of it.

Thirdly, the poll idea had two problems. First, you should somehow promote your topic. For instance, I created this topic yesterday, and sent message to a few of my friends and a few Hero and Senior members to participate in this topic. And i'm going to send messages to different members everyday, so they can be aware of this topic. By this method, at least I can be sure some people know that this kind of topic exists. Then, I can judge them if they care or don't care. The second problem of the poll idea is cheating. I can have infinite IP's from my ISP, and create infinite accounts, then I can take money from the scammer devs and vote for their coin.

You are an old and experienced member of bitcointalk and I'm sure you have good suggestions to discuss. I extracted three points from your text:

1- Nobody didn't post any comment for your topic, and I'm sure the problem was "The topic was unknown". We should promote this topic, so a good number of members can give their ideas.

2- We should find a solution for bagholder situation. I totally agree with this point.

3- At least we have a bright light in the future, "we'll get rid of greedy douche bags", as you said because of price dropping.

Looking forward to read your suggestions!
SEGA99

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:13:03 AM

in my opnion,i think most people they don't care about scame or not,they just care money,so let thoess people buy shitcoins!
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:26:03 AM

Okay, so regulation on exchanges might be a bit hard to implement, but the owners of the exchanges could look into coins a bit more before adding them onto the exchanges.

We are getting coins added to exchanges that don't have any active devs/owners, this to me is very weird!

Since they are taking their commission by adding as many coins as they can, I don't see any reason for them to care about people. Users should put them in a situation in which they feel their reputation is in danger and act about it. Suggestion about exchanges is a good start.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:27:39 AM

in my opnion,i think most people they don't care about scame or not,they just care money,so let thoess people buy shitcoins!

If I may ask, haven't you lost any money because of scammer devs at all?
Stepha

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:27:20 AM

ck and filebit are the new scam coins, so easy to spot..
yeah, it seems like CKCOIN WEBCOIN BBL PPL and so on are made by the same shit dev.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. T7wYxESgQdDn3juMeRMRAM9a6KobQA9y4A
Stepha

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:29:44 AM

be careful these coins, they are made by one dev in all possible. this dev is a totally shit person. avoid this guy.

BBL
old thread have been locked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665159.0
this is the new thread below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.0

PPL
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684854.0

Onyx
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717337.0

webcoin

CKCOIN
learn more about CKCOIN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726111.0

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. T7wYxESgQdDn3juMeRMRAM9a6KobQA9y4A
Rebound Effect

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:00:59 AM

I think that to convince every member about the necessity of basic rules is a waste of time. There are a lot of sockpuppets that will remain sockpuppets forever and also there are a lot of pseudo " defensor" of a decentralized system about which they doesn't know what are talking about. Again, if someone try to defend the current corrupt system is just because he s gaining with it. To introduce basic rules doesn't prevent to spread Fud, to manipulate the market, exc exc... Devs already have a lot of power if you think that every announcement of them can decide if a coin goes up or down. To create a new altcoin community with basic rules has nothing to do with centralization. WHO TALKS ABOUT CENTRALIZATION NEEDS AN ALIBI BECAUSE HE'S SIMPLY ONE OF THE SEVERAL SCAMMER DEVS THAT ARE RUINING THIS FORUM. SCAMMER SCAMMER AND SCAMMER AGAIN.
We can create a new altcoin community not with all the members but with a large number of them.
when there will be the first coin with an escrowed premine you ll see the moon, that's sure. Then, you ll change your miserable opinion about it
iphone66

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:05:55 AM

I think that to convince every member about the necessity of basic rules is a waste of time. There are a lot of sockpuppets that will remain sockpuppets forever and also there are a lot of pseudo " defensor" of a decentralized system about which they doesn't know what are talking about. Again, if someone try to defend the current corrupt system is just because he s gaining with it. To introduce basic rules doesn't prevent to spread Fud, to manipulate the market, exc exc... Devs already have a lot of power if you think that every announcement ogf them can decide if a coin goes up or down. To create a new altcoin community with basic rules has nothing to do with centralization. WHO TALKS ABOUT CENTRALIZATION NEEDS AN ALIBI BECAUSE HE'S SIMPLY ONE OF THE SEVERAL SCAMMER DEVS THAT ARE RUINING THIS FORUM. SCAMMER SCAMMER AND SCAMMER AGAIN.
We can create a new altcoin community not with all the members but with a large number of them.
when there will be the first coin with an escrowed premine you ll see the moon, that's sure. Then, you ll change your miserable opinion about it
yeah, agree with you, it's better if this forum can set up some rules to prevent these shit devs and sockpuppets

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SsZMxfT58S9UuaSLvZwEqSptforGio9MJh
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:06:32 AM

I lost money in pure scams too but i took some lesson.
Most of all fails is GREED just call it correctly...  - we have invested in most shitcoins because of greed...

After some time shit coin will have to die or try harder to live...
We will see how it will go over time.
Only time will shows winners but MANY coins till die over time.

About Big IPOs - Mastercoin was pumped to 90m market cap today is 3m...
Same can be with Etherum,Maidsafe,Bitshares...
There is no perfect solution just buy people smart and live with that coin can drop value over time.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:17:21 AM

Problem is that it's going to de difficult to stop people exercising their right, as free agents, to do whatever the fuck they like, including launching scamcoins.
Crypto was intended to bring us freedom from regulation, not just add more rules.

Having said that, the OP (and Spoetnik) have a legitimate point.

My suggestion would be that we flip the issue: don't try to kill/ban/prevent scamcoins, but instead encourage real effort to create genuine value in crypto.

So: how to do this?
The only vague idea I can come up with would be the creation of a 'Crypto Association/Foundation/Group':
Representatives from the top 20 cryptos come together, establish a voluntary code of practice, and then create an approved list of crypto's that are *probably* not scams, to give newbies a guide as to what is worth investing in.

If the stream of newbie investors with money to burn can be diverted into relatively legitimate cryptos, the rewards for scamming will be reduced and hopefully we'll see less dodgy shit around here.

And: a 'Crypto Association/Whatever' could also be used to promote the interests of crypto in general, for example by publicity campaigns aimed at the mainstream investor or businesses.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Rebound Effect

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:18:25 AM

If this system means decentralization, then guys we have to admit that it is FAILED. But I don't think so. Decentralization has to start yet. It will begin when we ll make a bit of general cleaning and those who don't agree with this are simply SCAMMERS
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:27:45 AM

my talking "offensive" as you characterized it is to get you all to wake up..

sorry but naive noobs show up here and post the same damn topics non stop forever

your not going to get a collection of possible solutions OP
i told you what the answer was and i am right.

it has to do with noobs showing up here waaaaaaaay late and learning JUST NOW things are corrupt..
well some of us have been telling you NON stop 24/7 and what you guys did was scream ban the FUD'er
to protect your bag holding garbage..

don't be sorry for thinking this topic has been made over and over but realize some of you are naive
and i say that because i read the replies here.. all noobs spouting off.
the older guys here now full well what is going on.
and notice how none of them spoke up ?
hence why i said what i said !

and sorry but noobs don't count for anything.. you guys are of no value to the altcoin scene.
making naive suggestions is laughable..
suggesting Exchanges do a better job adding coins ?
really ? LOL
They know what the fuck their doing.
for the last year i have debated this exact problem with head Cryptsy staff and their defense is "USER DEMAND"
so uhhh go for it.. suggest things all your want to exchanges and let's see how well they listen to Junior members on yet another one of these topics
the older guys know will be gone in an hour..

next you guys here are going to start thinking of ways to protect the innocent people being tricked into scam coins LOL

Pro Tip:
They already now.

They have all told me for ages "in defense" they get on ANY coin because they make $$$ off of them.
So they are RIGHT NOW sitting at their computers reading this topic and laughing.. guaranteed.
most guys in the altcoin scene can tell if a coin is legit or not.. they don't care though if they can make money off them.
and we can tell it's the majority doing this not by my experience of these guys trying to defend their behavior and admitting to me
but by watching how the scene has been dying off.

my offensive tone is to get you guys to grow a pair.. if what i said on my last comment bothers you too much ?
maybe some for the Tweens from Sunday school should find some other way to make money ?
Because the cloners / scammers here are quiet but they are cut-throat and will stop at NOTHING to drain you dry.
THEN are you gonna get out raged ?
ya.. make sure to be polite with the guys robbing you LOL

Ya start a separate topic to discuss how outraged you are at scam coins lol
or...
go to the ANN topics and speak up for crying out loud.. but do it politely of course  Roll Eyes

pussies lose their money.. don't be low hanging fruit noobs LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Rebound Effect

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

sorry but naive noobs show up here and post the same damn topics non stop forever

it has to do with noobs showing up here waaaaaaaay late and learning JUST NOW things are corrupt..
well some of us have been telling you NON stop 24/7 and what you guys did was scream ban the FUD'er

don't be sorry for thinking this topic has been made over and over but realize some of you are naive

and sorry but noobs don't count for anything.. you guys are of no value to the altcoin scene.
really ? LOL
for the last year i have debated this exact problem with head Cryptsy staff and their defense is "USER DEMAND"
so uhhh go for it.. suggest things all your want to exchanges and let's see how well they listen to Junior members on yet another one of these topics

next you guys here are going to start thinking of ways to protect the innocent people being tricked into scam coins LOL

Pro Tip:
They already now.

They have all told me for ages "in defense" they get on ANY coin because they make $$$ off of them.
So they are RIGHT NOW sitting at their computers reading this topic and laughing.. guaranteed.
most guys in the altcoin scene can tell if a coin is legit or not.. they don't care though if they can make money off them.
and we can tell it's the majority doing this not by my experience of these guys trying to defend their behavior and admitting to me

my offensive tone is to get you guys to grow a pair.. if what i said on my last comment bothers you too much ?
maybe some for the Tweens from Sunday school should find some other way to make money ?
Because the cloners / scammers here are quiet but they are cut-throat and will stop at NOTHING to drain you dry.

or...
go to the ANN topics and speak up for crying out loud.. but do it politely of course  Roll Eyes

To be honest is your opinion with no value. There is a second generation of investors that you are calling newbies with no value. If the crypto scene is so corrupt, people like you with 4 stars in their profile are the main responsibles, don t forget that. You are nothing, you are less than nothing. So you can laugh right now but we ll see who will be the last one to laugh at the end
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

well tbh you can not prevent it, they will launch no matter what the scam coins, and some might even be legit who have a new account, you can not say that for sure, the other thing is people need to see if it is a scam or not they need to do their research and also to keep track and be up to date with the coins they invest in.

in my opinion all those coins will be co-existing even if some or in these days many are short lived, if you think about it you can compare it with a car. there are so many brands. ok maybe not such a good example. lol maybe it is better to compare it with linux distributions, there are so many out there.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

First of all: newbie accounts created only to start a coin should be banned, unless they are known alt of a trusted member.

Beyond that, I think no rules should be enforced, only we educate people for them to know the risks they are taking(scams - alt accounts - etc), and make maybe a group of experienced users to review the coins. As long the group didn't get corrupted, it will be worth.

LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:52:49 PM

First of all: newbie accounts created only to start a coin should be banned, unless they are known alt of a trusted member.

Beyond that, I think no rules should be enforced, only we educate people for them to know the risks they are taking(scams - alt accounts - etc), and make maybe a group of experienced users to review the coins. As long the group didn't get corrupted, it will be worth.

I like that idea! +1

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

best thing to do is make it clear to new comers that their time is going to be wasted chasing get rich quick schemes.  They need to learn what they should invest in what they shouldn't or their will be new waves of people who fall victim to the scams.  This is a very important issue and I'm going to get following along and adding my thoughts and opinions.  The best thing is to cut off the flow of people participating in the pump and dumps to stifle such activity from taking place.  Then there will be no incentive to create so many worthless coins IMO.
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

I like that idea! +1

Agreed! Coins should only be able to be created from a trusted member!

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:48:47 PM

I agree with all the people who have agreed to the methods.  These new coin launches could be legit, but they have to be taken into heavy consideration because of the scams.  Let the legit coins live (only like 0.01% though), and let the rest die out.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:47:37 AM

I despair of any initiative being sufficient to deter the creation of coins as long as it appears as though it is profitable.  In fact, almost everyone involved would benefit much more from investing the same energy into bitcoin, but these are not people with rational discounting horizons, they are sociopaths with no self-control.  Probably the only deterrent which would suffice is an assassination market.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

be careful these coins, they are made by one dev in all possible. this dev is a totally shit person. avoid this guy.

BBL
old thread have been locked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665159.0
this is the new thread below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.0

PPL
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684854.0

Onyx
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717337.0

webcoin

CKCOIN
learn more about CKCOIN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726111.0

Thanks for the heads-up! We are here trying to find a way that, at least, these things happen less in the future.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:40:02 PM

I lost money in pure scams too but i took some lesson.
Most of all fails is GREED just call it correctly...  - we have invested in most shitcoins because of greed...

After some time shit coin will have to die or try harder to live...
We will see how it will go over time.
Only time will shows winners but MANY coins till die over time.

About Big IPOs - Mastercoin was pumped to 90m market cap today is 3m...
Same can be with Etherum,Maidsafe,Bitshares...
There is no perfect solution just buy people smart and live with that coin can drop value over time.

I don't want to give my opinion about the "greed" part now. There isn't any TRUST in cryptocurrency community. Most of the time, you can't be sure if a coin is legit or not. We want to find a way to bring back at least a little trust to the community.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:02:47 PM

Problem is that it's going to de difficult to stop people exercising their right, as free agents, to do whatever the fuck they like, including launching scamcoins.
Crypto was intended to bring us freedom from regulation, not just add more rules.

Having said that, the OP (and Spoetnik) have a legitimate point.

My suggestion would be that we flip the issue: don't try to kill/ban/prevent scamcoins, but instead encourage real effort to create genuine value in crypto.

So: how to do this?
The only vague idea I can come up with would be the creation of a 'Crypto Association/Foundation/Group':
Representatives from the top 20 cryptos come together, establish a voluntary code of practice, and then create an approved list of crypto's that are *probably* not scams, to give newbies a guide as to what is worth investing in.

If the stream of newbie investors with money to burn can be diverted into relatively legitimate cryptos, the rewards for scamming will be reduced and hopefully we'll see less dodgy shit around here.

And: a 'Crypto Association/Whatever' could also be used to promote the interests of crypto in general, for example by publicity campaigns aimed at the mainstream investor or businesses.

Maybe we can do something on both sides: limit scam-devs to launch new coins and introduce good measures for amateur miners and investors to know which coin is better to invest, so they feed less scamdevs.

I think it would be good if other people give their opinion about your Crypto Association/Foundation/Group. I've just added it to the OP.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:09:34 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 05:37:26 PM by MajidBC

really ? LOL

Pro Tip:
They already now.

or...

This topic welcomes every user, either newbie or Hero member to give his/her suggestion.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:32:41 PM

well tbh you can not prevent it, they will launch no matter what the scam coins, and some might even be legit who have a new account, you can not say that for sure, the other thing is people need to see if it is a scam or not they need to do their research and also to keep track and be up to date with the coins they invest in.

in my opinion all those coins will be co-existing even if some or in these days many are short lived, if you think about it you can compare it with a car. there are so many brands. ok maybe not such a good example. lol maybe it is better to compare it with linux distributions, there are so many out there.

I agree that a few devs with new accounts have launched great coins, and I'm aware that maybe the reason that they don't use their original username is to be anonymous. In my opinion, launching a good coin can be a great resume for the dev if he really is committed to his coin and his community. On the other hand, cheating devs like to hide their identity by using new accounts. An original username is not a complete ID of a person. Do you think asking a dev to use his/her original username is too much to induce some trust?

Speaking of Linux distributions, what do programmers earn to work in an open source project? Is it Resume? It's interesting for me to know.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:39:46 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 06:33:28 PM by MajidBC

Who should confirm that a new account is an alt of a trusted person? Forum Mods?

Giving some details about "a group of experienced users" would be nice. Who can choose them? I added your suggestion to the OP under "Certification Group" case.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:49:09 PM

best thing to do is make it clear to new comers that their time is going to be wasted chasing get rich quick schemes.  They need to learn what they should invest in what they shouldn't or their will be new waves of people who fall victim to the scams.  This is a very important issue and I'm going to get following along and adding my thoughts and opinions.  The best thing is to cut off the flow of people participating in the pump and dumps to stifle such activity from taking place.  Then there will be no incentive to create so many worthless coins IMO.

I updated the OP. Your first idea can be listed (almost) under "Crypto Association/Foundation/Group" and the second one under Market Manipulation. Looking forward to see your new ideas. Wink
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:54:32 PM

Guys, I've updated the OP. I like to know your feedback.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:49:12 PM

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

Isn't it simple? You refresh the page, and see 'Sorry but this part of the forum has been closed, please use 'insertforumname' for altcoin related discussions'.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
buckminer

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

Anonymity is suspect in any market, not just crypto. Stand behind your product. If people don't have a reputation to protect, or a fear of being penalized by their actions, and simply reap the rewards from their scams over and over, there is no deterrent to the behavior. And then mining and buying their scam coins encourages them to continue to make more of them. The problem is obvious, the solution perhaps not so. I used to mine new coins but lately with all the big x11 pump and dump shit coins I am sticking with the ones with a track record. My little gpu is loving merge-mining Blakecoin and Dirac right now. A way to vet the Devs would be a good start but it is the wild west out there, and isn't that part of what makes this crypto-adventure fun?
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:00:46 PM

Isn't it simple? You refresh the page, and see 'Sorry but this part of the forum has been closed, please use 'insertforumname' for altcoin related discussions'.

That's possible. We'll see how much this forum is tolerable to critics and if any of the moderators is related to the scams.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:11:31 PM

Anonymity is suspect in any market, not just crypto. Stand behind your product. If people don't have a reputation to protect, or a fear of being penalized by their actions, and simply reap the rewards from their scams over and over, there is no deterrent to the behavior. And then mining and buying their scam coins encourages them to continue to make more of them. The problem is obvious, the solution perhaps not so. I used to mine new coins but lately with all the big x11 pump and dump shit coins I am sticking with the ones with a track record. My little gpu is loving merge-mining Blakecoin and Dirac right now. A way to vet the Devs would be a good start but it is the wild west out there, and isn't that part of what makes this crypto-adventure fun?

I like this one: "Stand behind your product." I added it to the OP.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

This is the never ending problem with an unregulate free market. If you regulate the market, you will get hate because you are quote limiting odds of something good popping out.
If you do not regulate the market, you risk being flooded with shit. Its a double sided sworded.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:29:59 PM

The best way to avoid pump and dump coin is never participate in any.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:15:03 PM

It's time for the community to find a way to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins. Scammers launch a new coin, sell the premine or put something in the code, get rich, then leave the coin, the day after, they launch a new shitcoin and the process goes on.

III. Other Topics:

1- Do you think some scam devs are related to exchanges and hashrate rental websites?

Hell yes! And not just related to exchanges and hashrate rental websites, but they're in bed with pool operators as well. Take PPL for example. I tried setting up a P2Pool for the coin but I couldn't because the hex values I needed were missing from the source code:

Is there a reason why the hex value for the main network is missing from source (main.cpp)?
TripleThreat... can you respond to my question before logging off today? Thank you.
Ill have to get PeoplesCurrency to answer that question as he is the programmer , he has been busy with the Electrum wallet , but will be talking to him in a while! and Good Morning to all !!!
Could you go into more detail what this means.

The pchMessageStart hex string is missing from /src/main.ccp. That's a tidbit of info REQUIRED to host pools, it identifies the network. This is suspect to me because look at who has p2pool nodes:

peer pool 1: http://peer1.peoplescurrency.cf:9696/
peer pool 2: http://peer2.peoplescurrency.cf:9696/

Makes sense?

Anyways, I'm starting up several p2pool nodes and was about to bring one online for this coin until I realized the source code I needed was redacted from the file. P2pool strengthens a coin's network but seems the dev must not think so. But this is supposed to be the the Peoples Currency, right? Yet the people can only join selective pools.

This one I won't live down. But if this isn't resolved... best believe I will blast it.

Naturally this was never addressed, but I couldn't help - and still can't help but wonder... how the hell were the traditional pools able to get set up without knowing those values? Of course I'm no pro with this, I just learned how to create the network.py files for coins that didn't have them in the github and was about to launch my site. Unfortunately my server started misbehaving shortly after this; Now I'm not accusing anyone (I could've very well did it myself somehow), but because of this I'm cautious of the legitimacy of some of the traditional pools.

That said... I think you should consider that there are some pools that are also part of the scam ring.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:26:35 PM

or...
go to the ANN topics and speak up for crying out loud.. but do it politely of course  Roll Eyes

And I couldn't agree with you more. Wasn't there a topic about this a while ago...something about trying to get a group together to do just this, call out scam coins in their ANN threads? Whatever happened with that? Hell I wanted in on that shit.

MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:00:14 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 06:30:36 AM by MajidBC

III. Other Topics:

1- Do you think some scam devs are related to exchanges and hashrate rental websites?

Hell yes! And not just related to exchanges and hashrate rental websites, but they're in bed with pool operators as well. Take PPL for example. I tried setting up a P2Pool for the coin but I couldn't because the hex values I needed were missing from the source code:

Is there a reason why the hex value for the main network is missing from source (main.cpp)?
TripleThreat... can you respond to my question before logging off today? Thank you.
Ill have to get PeoplesCurrency to answer that question as he is the programmer , he has been busy with the Electrum wallet , but will be talking to him in a while! and Good Morning to all !!!
Could you go into more detail what this means.

The pchMessageStart hex string is missing from /src/main.ccp. That's a tidbit of info REQUIRED to host pools, it identifies the network. This is suspect to me because look at who has p2pool nodes:

peer pool 1: http://peer1.peoplescurrency.cf:9696/
peer pool 2: http://peer2.peoplescurrency.cf:9696/

Makes sense?

Anyways, I'm starting up several p2pool nodes and was about to bring one online for this coin until I realized the source code I needed was redacted from the file. P2pool strengthens a coin's network but seems the dev must not think so. But this is supposed to be the the Peoples Currency, right? Yet the people can only join selective pools.

This one I won't live down. But if this isn't resolved... best believe I will blast it.

Naturally this was never addressed, but I couldn't help - and still can't help but wonder... how the hell were the traditional pools able to get set up without knowing those values? Of course I'm no pro with this, I just learned how to create the network.py files for coins that didn't have them in the github and was about to launch my site. Unfortunately my server started misbehaving shortly after this; Now I'm not accusing anyone (I could've very well did it myself somehow), but because of this I'm cautious of the legitimacy of some of the traditional pools.

That said... I think you should consider that there are some pools that are also part of the scam ring.

This is so disappointing. Do you have any solution to suggest about pool operators? It seems a good clue to add pool operators to that sentence in the OP.

EDIT: Spreadcoin dev defended his coin here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726610.msg8312130#msg8312130
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:09:59 PM

This is so disappointing. Do you have any solution to suggest about pool operators? It seems a good clue to add pool operators to that sentence in the OP.

It is, isn't it. I wish I had a solution but I don't. Unfortunately pools aren't allowed to advertise in ANN threads anymore, so there's really no way to know other than to check the source code for specific values. If they're missing, then you can only assume that the pools listed in the ANN post has some inside dealing with the coin dev; they couldn't bring their pool online otherwise.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

It is, isn't it. I wish I had a solution but I don't. Unfortunately pools aren't allowed to advertise in ANN threads anymore, so there's really no way to know other than to check the source code for specific values. If they're missing, then you can only assume that the pools listed in the ANN post has some inside dealing with the coin dev; they couldn't bring their pool online otherwise.

Of course, we can always band together and do stuff like this:

We need more miners of this coin. It is a good coin: no premine, fair launch, still solo-minable by wallet.
Would be nice if some pool (or the Dev) would be able to adapt some miner code in order for it to be minable with pools. It is X11 with an adaption in the timestamp code: 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Any poolowner around that has the skills to work on this?

Not possible. The hex values needed to identify the network is missing from the source code: SCAM COIN

^ obvious shit/scam coin called Spreadcoin or something... I couldn't resist, lol. It took me less than 2 minutes to navigate over to github and peek into the code.

MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

I added your post to the OP, so other people express their suspicious experience with pools here.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:20:00 PM

I added your post to the OP, so other people express their suspicious experience with pools here.

Kewl hill of beans. Are you going to eventually put together a list of the exchanges/hashrate rental sites/pools suspected as being part of the scam coin ring? That's a good idea I think.   

MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:23:45 PM

Of course, we can always band together and do stuff like this:
What do you think about solutions no. 2 and no. 5 on the Solutions List?
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:26:38 PM

Kewl hill of beans. Are you going to eventually put together a list of the exchanges/hashrate rental sites/pools suspected as being part of the scam coin ring? That's a good idea I think.   

Certainly I will do that. Waiting for more cases to find, then I will add a list of suspicious/scammer exchanges/hashrate rental sites/pools to the OP.
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:32:36 PM

My bet is Guldencoin being the surprise package by the end of 2014... you should see the updates coming for it and marketcap is above 120 still. I will put my cock on a block and say top 100 by December and top 50 end of next year.
The problem is people are looking at making quick money and losing big time. The good coins will still come out on top even if they trading at under 1 btc volume today.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:04:59 PM

Certainly I will do that. Waiting for more cases to find, then I will add a list of suspicious/scammer exchanges/hashrate rental sites/pools to the OP.

I have a good idea on how to start this list. Shoot me a PM.

LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

Oh look another scan coin in the way of jade coin, bittrex adds it and then boom!

Thankfully I never get burned by these but surely there is a way to stop this happening?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:05:37 AM

The problem is, I really don't think there's anything you can do, unless the community at large begins to stop accepting the behaviour of these scammers. I remember when the community started just outright rejecting coins with large premines. The same has to be done with these ridiculous mostly-premined coins. IPOs should be held in safe escrow hands. Real, solid assurances that protect miners/investors/buyers.

Not just "we promise we're honest. honest".

There's a small group who are releasing scam coins, dumping, then moving on and starting others. I'm not the first to notice it. They look pretty, but that's all it is. All style and no substance. People need to stop being taken in by nice looking threads and wallets and ask some tough questions.

Who are you? Why should we trust you?

The problem is, some people are happy with this status-quo. Some people know they're scams, and are relying on people being suckered in and pushing up the price.

The community at large has to agree to a set of rules and standards coins must abide by to protect investors, and actively prevent the coin from getting anywhere if they don't agree to those terms.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mr. Spread

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:09:49 PM

We need more miners of this coin. It is a good coin: no premine, fair launch, still solo-minable by wallet.
Would be nice if some pool (or the Dev) would be able to adapt some miner code in order for it to be minable with pools. It is X11 with an adaption in the timestamp code: 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Any poolowner around that has the skills to work on this?

Not possible. The hex values needed to identify the network is missing from the source code: SCAM COIN

^ obvious shit/scam coin called Spreadcoin or something... I couldn't resist, lol. It took me less than 2 minutes to navigate over to github and peek into the code.
My coin is not a scam. This method for detecting scams is flawed:
1. You search for these values in main.cpp. For different cryptocurrencies they may be in different files, for example for SpreadCoin they are in protocol.cpp, for Bitcoin they are in chainparams.cpp.
2. This values are not only for pools, they are necessary for ordinary nodes. If wallet source code is released then they are available to everyone.

For everyone else who is interested there is discussion about this (with me and Lucky Cris) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.100

Developer of SpreadCoin
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:02:40 AM

I have no interest in stopping scams - humans (Lego people) only learn things when there is a cost.

I however will point humorous scams like "NXT" out and help educate people.

if they don't listen, i also don't care, and find it amusing when they lose wealth.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

I had the first esperiência with bitcoin in mid-2013.
Tried bitcoin miner with a HD 7870, but without success with mining, destroying the video card!
Then I discovered that bitcoin mining was only possible with professional miners (ASICs), I could not buy.
Then I met Doge coin, I got miner a little ...
I took the bank loan and bought a R9 290, and began altcoin mining in order to achieve some bitcoin. In my opnion prefer P2Pool.
Since then, I only managed to win two bitcoins, which sold to give a gift to my daughter.
So far not win anything, just expenses or investments (calculating all), depending on your point of view.
But I think there are some interesting ideas here, starting with the bitcoin which is also an idea (This is an experimental software). Smiley

Definitely there are some interesting ideas in crytocurrency world. Let's take anonymity related ideas. You can study a little about them here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=724208.0
Especially fluffypony's posts who is one of the Monero's dev team.

I wish a good future for your INVESTMENTS!
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:18:57 PM

I have no interest in stopping scams - humans (Lego people) only learn things when there is a cost.

if they don't listen, i also don't care, and find it amusing when they lose wealth.

They live, they learn, right?
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:17:52 PM

And they don't come back. That can't be good for business.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:46:45 AM

And the intention of this thread is to reduce the amount of people's lost. Some people just don't listen to others, it's like they want to be scammed. On some coin ann threads when I ask the dev to use his\her original username, other people don't back me up, instead they support the dev, Actually, the bagholder situation happens, which is mentioned on the OP.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:57:57 AM

And the intention of this thread is to reduce the amount of people's lost. Some people just don't listen to others, it's like they want to be scammed. On some coin ann threads when I ask the dev to use his\her original username, other people don't back me up, instead they support the dev, Actually, the bagholder situation happens, which is mentioned on the OP.

I agree with what you're trying to do here, but in my experience, people don't listen at all!

I was over in the Mantiscoin thread yesterday and even though the dev has so far lived up to promises someone decided to spread fud and started a panic.

It's not just the scam coins we have an issue with here, it's muppets that start spreading crap because they want cheap coins.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:56:10 AM

I agree with what you're trying to do here, but in my experience, people don't listen at all!

I was over in the Mantiscoin thread yesterday and even though the dev has so far lived up to promises someone decided to spread fud and started a panic.

It's not just the scam coins we have an issue with here, it's muppets that start spreading crap because they want cheap coins.

Apparently most of the coins have at least one permanent fudder. Democracy doesn't work all time. A self moderated thread is the solution. What do you think?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:03:25 PM

Apparently most of the coins have at least one permanent fudder. Democracy doesn't work all time. A self moderated thread is the solution. What do you think?

I am all for letting people say what they think, but they should back it up and actual facts. I can ignore fud, it's easy to spot.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:40:11 PM

Each person can already choose what coin to invest in and follow now without your vision of centralization becoming a reality

It's only centralisation if it goes beyond denouncing crapcoins and exhorting people not to buy them, with the exchanges voluntarily tightening up their policies to restore their reputations and win back the business of (most) people who withdrew their business in disgust.

But I do see what you're saying. Some people 'round here would rather have the quick fix, and centralizing does promise a quick fix.  

On a related point, "the free market" isn't a floating abstraction. If I take the pledge and vow to abjure crapcoins forevermore, in my own tiny way I am part of the free market. So are all others who voluntarily withdraw their business because they've had it.  

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

Regulation on exchanges seems a little hard to implement.

You can buy a reasonably secure, ready-to-go, new exchange outright for less than ten thousand bucks' worth of Bitcoins in fiat terms. So yes, I would say that regulation on exchanges seems a little hard to implement... 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:55:15 PM

The problem is, I really don't think there's anything you can do, unless the community at large begins to stop accepting the behaviour of these scammers.

And that won't happen until they get the idea that buying or mining a crapcoin cynically for a quick profit is altcoin land's answer to a sucker bet, like drawing to the inside straight.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:20:34 PM

I think all of those accounts that instantly support a new coin and defend the dev are the dev's sock puppet accounts.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:16:57 AM

I think all of those accounts that instantly support a new coin and defend the dev are the dev's sock puppet accounts.

What else can we assume? In particular the n00bs, who just seem too overly excited about a coin when there's nothing to be excited about.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:34:59 AM

My coin is not a scam. This method for detecting scams is flawed:
1. You search for these values in main.cpp. For different cryptocurrencies they may be in different files, for example for SpreadCoin they are in protocol.cpp, for Bitcoin they are in chainparams.cpp.
2. This values are not only for pools, they are necessary for ordinary nodes. If wallet source code is released then they are available to everyone.

For everyone else who is interested there is discussion about this (with me and Lucky Cris) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.100

Ah, following me, I see. chainparams.cpp isn't used by any new coin nowadays. But it seems that one dev placed the network's hex value code in some obscure file, that that even the people who provide instructions on how to start p2pools don't know about. I wouldn't doubt that the coins where they're missing from main.cpp and found in protocol.cpp are all just clones of that one coin.

I'll say it here as well - I still don't have confidence in your coin. Actually, I have none. Your ANN has nothing special... nothing that would make me think that spreadcoin will maintain a permanent position in this scene; hell the only people who seem to be mining it are newbies like yourself.

MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:23:16 AM

I am all for letting people say what they think, but they should back it up and actual facts. I can ignore fud, it's easy to spot.

It's not about "let people say what they think", actually they say what they don't think that way, I mean fudders. They want to to lower the price to buy cheap, or have personal hostility with the dev, or they are supporting another coin which is the rival of your coin, or want to extort the dev, or ...
bitbets

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:29:41 AM

Don't buy their coin, and they wont get rich

I dont know why altcoins went crazy over the new coins recently
(oh sure, they say they do this or that, but ... )

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:53:09 AM

It's only centralisation if it goes beyond denouncing crapcoins and exhorting people not to buy them, with the exchanges voluntarily tightening up their policies to restore their reputations and win back the business of (most) people who withdrew their business in disgust.

Exactly. What do you think about our Solutions List on the OP? Do you think having BASIC rules is against decentralization? (Of course you can interpret BASIC in different ways, but I guess you know which one I'm talking about.)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:59:27 AM

Don't buy their coin, and they wont get rich

I dont know why altcoins went crazy over the new coins recently
(oh sure, they say they do this or that, but ... )

We have had a few good altcoins with true innovations. When an altcoin has some advantages over bitcoin, why wouldn't it become popular?
Stouse49

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:42:13 AM

Pack up and leave.

BTC:
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

Rule 1 . Do some research
Rule 2.  Don't let your self get tucked up
Rule 3.  If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.
Rule 4.  If you have any doubts, don't do it.
Rule 5.  I should have followed my own rules hahahahaha

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:40:59 AM

Pack up and leave.
I don't want to erase the probelm, at least I TRY to find a solution.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:42:43 AM

What are these rules?

Btw, Rule 5 was funny.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:48:05 AM

What are these rules?

Btw, Rule 5 was funny.

These are the rules I set myself when I look into a new coin. Do you think a guide for newbies is a good idea?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:51:36 AM

What are these rules?

Btw, Rule 5 was funny.

These are the rules I set myself when I look into a new coin. Do you think a guide for newbies is a good idea?
I think so. Do you have anything in mind to start?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:21:58 AM

What are these rules?

Btw, Rule 5 was funny.

I think so. Do you have anything in mind to start?

Well, it's going to be hard because it's trying to get your point across to newbies without making them think they're planks!

I'll have a think and see what I can come up with, with the new POD in place it means that people will be able to trust certain developers a bit more so that will help

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:50:57 PM

Well, it's going to be hard because it's trying to get your point across to newbies without making them think they're planks!

I'll have a think and see what I can come up with, with the new POD in place it means that people will be able to trust certain developers a bit more so that will help
Cheesy Actually, whenever I want to learn something new, I prefer the easiest guide available, for inastance C++ for dummies. We can make "Mining for dummies".
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

Close the altcoin section.

Without a solid user idiots blinded by greed supply the scams will fail.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Exactly. What do you think about our Solutions List on the OP? Do you think having BASIC rules is against decentralization? (Of course you can interpret BASIC in different ways, but I guess you know which one I'm talking about.)

I haven't had time to give it a thorough look-through, sorry.

Deviant1

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:03:44 PM

Not sure if there will ever be a 100% effective way to prevent them. Just don't buy them.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:29:02 PM

Just don't buy the coins to begin with.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:30:50 PM

thread,   dont worry im here now. all is good ! ill take care of this place and lead it.

~CfA~

Ryota

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

Do you think some scam devs are related to some exchanges, hashrate rental websites, and pool opertaors?

Yes, these altcoin exchanges are one of the main problems.

I've a simple soluiton to this problem

I suggest the community start its own exchange with 0% (or vey low) Fee Trading, we can add a Donate Button like Wikipedia.

I think this solution is the best way to short-circuit all these scam and shit coins.

This exchanges will be trusted by the community and reliable members in this forum.

If anyone is interested here, I can help to build that plan.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:32:03 PM

thread,   dont worry im here now. all is good ! ill take care of this place and lead it.

~CfA~

Hey trustworthy man! I just saw your comment on another similar thread.

yes stop scam coins not fair  Sad

dont worry little man  !

the glorious grand leader AltcoiN DestructoR Come-from-Above the Great Supervisor has come from above and will save u from this scammety scammy altcoins.  i will personally fuck them !

~CfA™~ is here to protect the weak !

Are you high?

By the way, "thread"? Did you mean "threat"?
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:34:46 PM

Not sure if there will ever be a 100% effective way to prevent them. Just don't buy them.

Maybe there isn't any 100% effective way, but we can reduce the number of them.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:41:22 PM

Do you think some scam devs are related to some exchanges, hashrate rental websites, and pool opertaors?

I suggest the community start its own exchange with 0% (or vey low) Fee Trading, we can add a Donate Button like Wikipedia.

I think this solution is the best way to short-circuit all these scam and shit coins.

This exchanges will be trusted by the community and reliable members in this forum.

A new trusted exchange moderated by reputable members of bitcointalk can be one possible solution. I've added it to the OP.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:50:47 PM

The main problem is that so many are coming out and the growth keeps increasing. There is definitely no perfect that would be so effective to stop them all. Even if the numbers only dropped by half I'd be actually very glad and count that as a huge success.
This would definitely improve the overall view of the cryptocurrencies and help the market.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

The main problem is that so many are coming out and the growth keeps increasing. There is definitely no perfect that would be so effective to stop them all. Even if the numbers only dropped by half I'd be actually very glad and count that as a huge success.
This would definitely improve the overall view of the cryptocurrencies and help the market.

I can't agree more. If you have any suggestion about Solutions List, please let us know.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:03:23 PM

I can't agree more. If you have any suggestion about Solutions List, please let us know.

Well to put a slight halt on things, maybe this forum shouldn't allow people to start threads until they have over 100 posts or something.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:15:32 PM

A new trusted exchange moderated by reputable members of bitcointalk can be one possible solution. I've added it to the OP.

That's it, damn it! Lol.

I'm going to rally a group of really smart peeps who know how to find code errors, and altcoin critics and supporters... Might as well throw in representation from an exchange ... And we're going to start an unofficial altcoin review board. It won't take very long to establish a reputation. We'll review all new launches and scrutinize the hell out of them and report our findings in their ANN thread.  Hell, it could work...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:03:32 AM

I'm going to rally a group of really smart peeps who know how to find code errors, and altcoin critics and supporters... Might as well throw in representation from an exchange ... And we're going to start an unofficial altcoin review board. It won't take very long to establish a reputation. We'll review all new launches and scrutinize the hell out of them and report our findings in their ANN thread.  Hell, it could work...

Best of luck! If you get it off the ground, you'll found crypto's answer to Underwriters' Laboratories. UL was started back in tha day of voluntary self-regulation, fyi.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:56:24 AM

Best of luck! If you get it off the ground, you'll found crypto's answer to Underwriters' Laboratories. UL was started back in tha day of voluntary self-regulation, fyi.

Wow - I'm in love Smiley  I have a new project to keep me busy for a bit now Tongue

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

Biggest issue is that at what point a review becomes an endorsement? if anything goes wrong later on anyway, the endorser will be scrutinized and worse, accused of colluding etc...
jjwhitehead

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:52:59 AM

A sub forum(strictly moderated) for devs would be excellent
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:05:13 AM

Biggest issue is that at what point a review becomes an endorsement? if anything goes wrong later on anyway, the endorser will be scrutinized and worse, accused of colluding etc...

I might off track with what you're talking about... It's been a while since I read this thread... So so many other things renting space in my head, I have to dump more often than I'd like :-/

I agree with you. An official seal of approval is treading dangerous ground. About what I stated... It wouldn't be an approval of the coin, just informational. Supporters or not can take it how they want to. I already jotted down a list of KPIs relating to the coin's marketability, sustainability, performance and such (not that I was serious... But just in case, while it was on my mind) that could be used as the baseline 'report' if you will. The idea would be to review the code and provide assessment (sloppy, malicious, clueless dev didn't change this type of stuff) both good and bad. I also thought proving background info in the dev is a good touch ie involved in this scamcoin, etc. Also look into the claims that so and so will be accepting our coin.

Hope that ^ made sense,  this damn iPad sucks, lol.

Project Axron

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:07:01 AM

I did POD with Crypto Asian prior to launching my coin and the results were great. I provided accurate information, and it has really helped with gaining the trust of the community. I think its something every developer must do.

Take a look at our OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738534.0
horiacretan1

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:25:09 PM

No it does not, too many coins as is, and many are sitting dead because of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: