Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins  (Read 4774 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Stepha

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:29:44 AM

be careful these coins, they are made by one dev in all possible. this dev is a totally shit person. avoid this guy.

BBL
old thread have been locked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665159.0
this is the new thread below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.0

PPL
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684854.0

Onyx
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717337.0

webcoin

CKCOIN
learn more about CKCOIN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726111.0

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. T7wYxESgQdDn3juMeRMRAM9a6KobQA9y4A
Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:00:59 AM

I think that to convince every member about the necessity of basic rules is a waste of time. There are a lot of sockpuppets that will remain sockpuppets forever and also there are a lot of pseudo " defensor" of a decentralized system about which they doesn't know what are talking about. Again, if someone try to defend the current corrupt system is just because he s gaining with it. To introduce basic rules doesn't prevent to spread Fud, to manipulate the market, exc exc... Devs already have a lot of power if you think that every announcement of them can decide if a coin goes up or down. To create a new altcoin community with basic rules has nothing to do with centralization. WHO TALKS ABOUT CENTRALIZATION NEEDS AN ALIBI BECAUSE HE'S SIMPLY ONE OF THE SEVERAL SCAMMER DEVS THAT ARE RUINING THIS FORUM. SCAMMER SCAMMER AND SCAMMER AGAIN.
We can create a new altcoin community not with all the members but with a large number of them.
when there will be the first coin with an escrowed premine you ll see the moon, that's sure. Then, you ll change your miserable opinion about it
iphone66

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:05:55 AM

I think that to convince every member about the necessity of basic rules is a waste of time. There are a lot of sockpuppets that will remain sockpuppets forever and also there are a lot of pseudo " defensor" of a decentralized system about which they doesn't know what are talking about. Again, if someone try to defend the current corrupt system is just because he s gaining with it. To introduce basic rules doesn't prevent to spread Fud, to manipulate the market, exc exc... Devs already have a lot of power if you think that every announcement ogf them can decide if a coin goes up or down. To create a new altcoin community with basic rules has nothing to do with centralization. WHO TALKS ABOUT CENTRALIZATION NEEDS AN ALIBI BECAUSE HE'S SIMPLY ONE OF THE SEVERAL SCAMMER DEVS THAT ARE RUINING THIS FORUM. SCAMMER SCAMMER AND SCAMMER AGAIN.
We can create a new altcoin community not with all the members but with a large number of them.
when there will be the first coin with an escrowed premine you ll see the moon, that's sure. Then, you ll change your miserable opinion about it
yeah, agree with you, it's better if this forum can set up some rules to prevent these shit devs and sockpuppets

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SsZMxfT58S9UuaSLvZwEqSptforGio9MJh
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:06:32 AM

in my opnion,i think most people they don't care about scame or not,they just care money,so let thoess people buy shitcoins!

If I may ask, haven't you lost any money because of scammer devs at all?

I lost money in pure scams too but i took some lesson.
Most of all fails is GREED just call it correctly...  - we have invested in most shitcoins because of greed...

After some time shit coin will have to die or try harder to live...
We will see how it will go over time.
Only time will shows winners but MANY coins till die over time.

About Big IPOs - Mastercoin was pumped to 90m market cap today is 3m...
Same can be with Etherum,Maidsafe,Bitshares...
There is no perfect solution just buy people smart and live with that coin can drop value over time.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:17:21 AM

Problem is that it's going to de difficult to stop people exercising their right, as free agents, to do whatever the fuck they like, including launching scamcoins.
Crypto was intended to bring us freedom from regulation, not just add more rules.

Having said that, the OP (and Spoetnik) have a legitimate point.

My suggestion would be that we flip the issue: don't try to kill/ban/prevent scamcoins, but instead encourage real effort to create genuine value in crypto.

So: how to do this?
The only vague idea I can come up with would be the creation of a 'Crypto Association/Foundation/Group':
Representatives from the top 20 cryptos come together, establish a voluntary code of practice, and then create an approved list of crypto's that are *probably* not scams, to give newbies a guide as to what is worth investing in.

If the stream of newbie investors with money to burn can be diverted into relatively legitimate cryptos, the rewards for scamming will be reduced and hopefully we'll see less dodgy shit around here.

And: a 'Crypto Association/Whatever' could also be used to promote the interests of crypto in general, for example by publicity campaigns aimed at the mainstream investor or businesses.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Rebound Effect

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:18:25 AM

If this system means decentralization, then guys we have to admit that it is FAILED. But I don't think so. Decentralization has to start yet. It will begin when we ll make a bit of general cleaning and those who don't agree with this are simply SCAMMERS
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:27:45 AM

my talking "offensive" as you characterized it is to get you all to wake up..

sorry but naive noobs show up here and post the same damn topics non stop forever

your not going to get a collection of possible solutions OP
i told you what the answer was and i am right.

it has to do with noobs showing up here waaaaaaaay late and learning JUST NOW things are corrupt..
well some of us have been telling you NON stop 24/7 and what you guys did was scream ban the FUD'er
to protect your bag holding garbage..

don't be sorry for thinking this topic has been made over and over but realize some of you are naive
and i say that because i read the replies here.. all noobs spouting off.
the older guys here now full well what is going on.
and notice how none of them spoke up ?
hence why i said what i said !

and sorry but noobs don't count for anything.. you guys are of no value to the altcoin scene.
making naive suggestions is laughable..
suggesting Exchanges do a better job adding coins ?
really ? LOL
They know what the fuck their doing.
for the last year i have debated this exact problem with head Cryptsy staff and their defense is "USER DEMAND"
so uhhh go for it.. suggest things all your want to exchanges and let's see how well they listen to Junior members on yet another one of these topics
the older guys know will be gone in an hour..

next you guys here are going to start thinking of ways to protect the innocent people being tricked into scam coins LOL

Pro Tip:
They already now.

They have all told me for ages "in defense" they get on ANY coin because they make $$$ off of them.
So they are RIGHT NOW sitting at their computers reading this topic and laughing.. guaranteed.
most guys in the altcoin scene can tell if a coin is legit or not.. they don't care though if they can make money off them.
and we can tell it's the majority doing this not by my experience of these guys trying to defend their behavior and admitting to me
but by watching how the scene has been dying off.

my offensive tone is to get you guys to grow a pair.. if what i said on my last comment bothers you too much ?
maybe some for the Tweens from Sunday school should find some other way to make money ?
Because the cloners / scammers here are quiet but they are cut-throat and will stop at NOTHING to drain you dry.
THEN are you gonna get out raged ?
ya.. make sure to be polite with the guys robbing you LOL

Ya start a separate topic to discuss how outraged you are at scam coins lol
or...
go to the ANN topics and speak up for crying out loud.. but do it politely of course  Roll Eyes

pussies lose their money.. don't be low hanging fruit noobs LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Rebound Effect

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

sorry but naive noobs show up here and post the same damn topics non stop forever

it has to do with noobs showing up here waaaaaaaay late and learning JUST NOW things are corrupt..
well some of us have been telling you NON stop 24/7 and what you guys did was scream ban the FUD'er

don't be sorry for thinking this topic has been made over and over but realize some of you are naive

and sorry but noobs don't count for anything.. you guys are of no value to the altcoin scene.
really ? LOL
for the last year i have debated this exact problem with head Cryptsy staff and their defense is "USER DEMAND"
so uhhh go for it.. suggest things all your want to exchanges and let's see how well they listen to Junior members on yet another one of these topics

next you guys here are going to start thinking of ways to protect the innocent people being tricked into scam coins LOL

Pro Tip:
They already now.

They have all told me for ages "in defense" they get on ANY coin because they make $$$ off of them.
So they are RIGHT NOW sitting at their computers reading this topic and laughing.. guaranteed.
most guys in the altcoin scene can tell if a coin is legit or not.. they don't care though if they can make money off them.
and we can tell it's the majority doing this not by my experience of these guys trying to defend their behavior and admitting to me

my offensive tone is to get you guys to grow a pair.. if what i said on my last comment bothers you too much ?
maybe some for the Tweens from Sunday school should find some other way to make money ?
Because the cloners / scammers here are quiet but they are cut-throat and will stop at NOTHING to drain you dry.

or...
go to the ANN topics and speak up for crying out loud.. but do it politely of course  Roll Eyes

To be honest is your opinion with no value. There is a second generation of investors that you are calling newbies with no value. If the crypto scene is so corrupt, people like you with 4 stars in their profile are the main responsibles, don t forget that. You are nothing, you are less than nothing. So you can laugh right now but we ll see who will be the last one to laugh at the end
boxuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

well tbh you can not prevent it, they will launch no matter what the scam coins, and some might even be legit who have a new account, you can not say that for sure, the other thing is people need to see if it is a scam or not they need to do their research and also to keep track and be up to date with the coins they invest in.

in my opinion all those coins will be co-existing even if some or in these days many are short lived, if you think about it you can compare it with a car. there are so many brands. ok maybe not such a good example. lol maybe it is better to compare it with linux distributions, there are so many out there.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

First of all: newbie accounts created only to start a coin should be banned, unless they are known alt of a trusted member.

Beyond that, I think no rules should be enforced, only we educate people for them to know the risks they are taking(scams - alt accounts - etc), and make maybe a group of experienced users to review the coins. As long the group didn't get corrupted, it will be worth.

LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:52:49 PM

First of all: newbie accounts created only to start a coin should be banned, unless they are known alt of a trusted member.

Beyond that, I think no rules should be enforced, only we educate people for them to know the risks they are taking(scams - alt accounts - etc), and make maybe a group of experienced users to review the coins. As long the group didn't get corrupted, it will be worth.

I like that idea! +1

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

best thing to do is make it clear to new comers that their time is going to be wasted chasing get rich quick schemes.  They need to learn what they should invest in what they shouldn't or their will be new waves of people who fall victim to the scams.  This is a very important issue and I'm going to get following along and adding my thoughts and opinions.  The best thing is to cut off the flow of people participating in the pump and dumps to stifle such activity from taking place.  Then there will be no incentive to create so many worthless coins IMO.
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

I like that idea! +1

Agreed! Coins should only be able to be created from a trusted member!

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:48:47 PM

I agree with all the people who have agreed to the methods.  These new coin launches could be legit, but they have to be taken into heavy consideration because of the scams.  Let the legit coins live (only like 0.01% though), and let the rest die out.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:47:37 AM

I despair of any initiative being sufficient to deter the creation of coins as long as it appears as though it is profitable.  In fact, almost everyone involved would benefit much more from investing the same energy into bitcoin, but these are not people with rational discounting horizons, they are sociopaths with no self-control.  Probably the only deterrent which would suffice is an assassination market.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
MajidBC (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

be careful these coins, they are made by one dev in all possible. this dev is a totally shit person. avoid this guy.

BBL
old thread have been locked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665159.0
this is the new thread below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678436.0

PPL
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684854.0

Onyx
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=717337.0

webcoin

CKCOIN
learn more about CKCOIN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=726111.0

Thanks for the heads-up! We are here trying to find a way that, at least, these things happen less in the future.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:40:02 PM

in my opnion,i think most people they don't care about scame or not,they just care money,so let thoess people buy shitcoins!

If I may ask, haven't you lost any money because of scammer devs at all?

I lost money in pure scams too but i took some lesson.
Most of all fails is GREED just call it correctly...  - we have invested in most shitcoins because of greed...

After some time shit coin will have to die or try harder to live...
We will see how it will go over time.
Only time will shows winners but MANY coins till die over time.

About Big IPOs - Mastercoin was pumped to 90m market cap today is 3m...
Same can be with Etherum,Maidsafe,Bitshares...
There is no perfect solution just buy people smart and live with that coin can drop value over time.

I don't want to give my opinion about the "greed" part now. There isn't any TRUST in cryptocurrency community. Most of the time, you can't be sure if a coin is legit or not. We want to find a way to bring back at least a little trust to the community.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:02:47 PM

Problem is that it's going to de difficult to stop people exercising their right, as free agents, to do whatever the fuck they like, including launching scamcoins.
Crypto was intended to bring us freedom from regulation, not just add more rules.

Having said that, the OP (and Spoetnik) have a legitimate point.

My suggestion would be that we flip the issue: don't try to kill/ban/prevent scamcoins, but instead encourage real effort to create genuine value in crypto.

So: how to do this?
The only vague idea I can come up with would be the creation of a 'Crypto Association/Foundation/Group':
Representatives from the top 20 cryptos come together, establish a voluntary code of practice, and then create an approved list of crypto's that are *probably* not scams, to give newbies a guide as to what is worth investing in.

If the stream of newbie investors with money to burn can be diverted into relatively legitimate cryptos, the rewards for scamming will be reduced and hopefully we'll see less dodgy shit around here.

And: a 'Crypto Association/Whatever' could also be used to promote the interests of crypto in general, for example by publicity campaigns aimed at the mainstream investor or businesses.

Maybe we can do something on both sides: limit scam-devs to launch new coins and introduce good measures for amateur miners and investors to know which coin is better to invest, so they feed less scamdevs.

I think it would be good if other people give their opinion about your Crypto Association/Foundation/Group. I've just added it to the OP.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:09:34 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 05:37:26 PM by MajidBC

really ? LOL

Pro Tip:
They already now.

or...

This topic welcomes every user, either newbie or Hero member to give his/her suggestion.
MajidBC (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:32:41 PM

well tbh you can not prevent it, they will launch no matter what the scam coins, and some might even be legit who have a new account, you can not say that for sure, the other thing is people need to see if it is a scam or not they need to do their research and also to keep track and be up to date with the coins they invest in.

in my opinion all those coins will be co-existing even if some or in these days many are short lived, if you think about it you can compare it with a car. there are so many brands. ok maybe not such a good example. lol maybe it is better to compare it with linux distributions, there are so many out there.

I agree that a few devs with new accounts have launched great coins, and I'm aware that maybe the reason that they don't use their original username is to be anonymous. In my opinion, launching a good coin can be a great resume for the dev if he really is committed to his coin and his community. On the other hand, cheating devs like to hide their identity by using new accounts. An original username is not a complete ID of a person. Do you think asking a dev to use his/her original username is too much to induce some trust?

Speaking of Linux distributions, what do programmers earn to work in an open source project? Is it Resume? It's interesting for me to know.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: