Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:58:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions to prevent scammers launch new shitcoins  (Read 4774 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MajidBC (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

Not sure if there will ever be a 100% effective way to prevent them. Just don't buy them.

Maybe there isn't any 100% effective way, but we can reduce the number of them.
The main problem is that so many are coming out and the growth keeps increasing. There is definitely no perfect that would be so effective to stop them all. Even if the numbers only dropped by half I'd be actually very glad and count that as a huge success.
This would definitely improve the overall view of the cryptocurrencies and help the market.

I can't agree more. If you have any suggestion about Solutions List, please let us know.
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:03:23 PM

Not sure if there will ever be a 100% effective way to prevent them. Just don't buy them.

Maybe there isn't any 100% effective way, but we can reduce the number of them.
The main problem is that so many are coming out and the growth keeps increasing. There is definitely no perfect that would be so effective to stop them all. Even if the numbers only dropped by half I'd be actually very glad and count that as a huge success.
This would definitely improve the overall view of the cryptocurrencies and help the market.

I can't agree more. If you have any suggestion about Solutions List, please let us know.

Well to put a slight halt on things, maybe this forum shouldn't allow people to start threads until they have over 100 posts or something.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:15:32 PM

Do you think some scam devs are related to some exchanges, hashrate rental websites, and pool opertaors?

Yes, these altcoin exchanges are one of the main problems.

I've a simple soluiton to this problem

I suggest the community start its own exchange with 0% (or vey low) Fee Trading, we can add a Donate Button like Wikipedia.

I think this solution is the best way to short-circuit all these scam and shit coins.

This exchanges will be trusted by the community and reliable members in this forum.

If anyone is interested here, I can help to build that plan.

A new trusted exchange moderated by reputable members of bitcointalk can be one possible solution. I've added it to the OP.

That's it, damn it! Lol.

I'm going to rally a group of really smart peeps who know how to find code errors, and altcoin critics and supporters... Might as well throw in representation from an exchange ... And we're going to start an unofficial altcoin review board. It won't take very long to establish a reputation. We'll review all new launches and scrutinize the hell out of them and report our findings in their ANN thread.  Hell, it could work...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:03:32 AM

I'm going to rally a group of really smart peeps who know how to find code errors, and altcoin critics and supporters... Might as well throw in representation from an exchange ... And we're going to start an unofficial altcoin review board. It won't take very long to establish a reputation. We'll review all new launches and scrutinize the hell out of them and report our findings in their ANN thread.  Hell, it could work...

Best of luck! If you get it off the ground, you'll found crypto's answer to Underwriters' Laboratories. UL was started back in tha day of voluntary self-regulation, fyi.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:56:24 AM

Best of luck! If you get it off the ground, you'll found crypto's answer to Underwriters' Laboratories. UL was started back in tha day of voluntary self-regulation, fyi.

Wow - I'm in love Smiley  I have a new project to keep me busy for a bit now Tongue

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

Biggest issue is that at what point a review becomes an endorsement? if anything goes wrong later on anyway, the endorser will be scrutinized and worse, accused of colluding etc...
jjwhitehead

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:52:59 AM

A sub forum(strictly moderated) for devs would be excellent
Lucky Cris

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:05:13 AM

Biggest issue is that at what point a review becomes an endorsement? if anything goes wrong later on anyway, the endorser will be scrutinized and worse, accused of colluding etc...

I might off track with what you're talking about... It's been a while since I read this thread... So so many other things renting space in my head, I have to dump more often than I'd like :-/

I agree with you. An official seal of approval is treading dangerous ground. About what I stated... It wouldn't be an approval of the coin, just informational. Supporters or not can take it how they want to. I already jotted down a list of KPIs relating to the coin's marketability, sustainability, performance and such (not that I was serious... But just in case, while it was on my mind) that could be used as the baseline 'report' if you will. The idea would be to review the code and provide assessment (sloppy, malicious, clueless dev didn't change this type of stuff) both good and bad. I also thought proving background info in the dev is a good touch ie involved in this scamcoin, etc. Also look into the claims that so and so will be accepting our coin.

Hope that ^ made sense,  this damn iPad sucks, lol.

Project Axron

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:07:01 AM

I did POD with Crypto Asian prior to launching my coin and the results were great. I provided accurate information, and it has really helped with gaining the trust of the community. I think its something every developer must do.

Take a look at our OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738534.0
horiacretan1

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:25:09 PM

Market needs a lot more coins, why stiffle innovation?

No it does not, too many coins as is, and many are sitting dead because of it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: