Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:15:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Key Points about the Jewish religion  (Read 4188 times)
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

http://www.chabad.org/library/moshia...g-Mashiach.htm

Hastening the Coming of Mashiach
By J. Immanuel Schochet

There are a number of ways conducive to hasten the Messianic redemption prior to its final date. Generally speaking these involve the observance of some special mitzvot which constitute comprehensive principles of the Torah.

A. Special Mitzvot

Teshuvah: First and foremost among these mitzvot is the principle of teshuvah. “When you return unto G-d, your G-d, and will listen to His voice… G-d, your G-d, will return your captivity and have compassion upon you, and He will restore and gather you from all the nations to which G-d, your G-d, has dispersed you…” (Deuteronomy 30:2ff.) Teshuvah will bring about an immediate redemption, “Today, if you will listen to His voice.” (Psalms 95:7)1

“Watchman (i.e., G-d), what will be of the night (i.e., the galut)? Said the Watchman: ‘Morning (i.e., the redemption) has come, and also night (i.e., retribution for the heathens and oppressors of Israel); if you will request, request. Return and come!” (Isaiah 21:11-12) G-d says that He is ready, indeed anxious, to make the ‘morning’ shine for us. Upon Israel’s question ‘when?,’ the Divine response is: “Whenever you want, He wants! If you want to make your request to hasten the end, request!” What then is deterring the redemption? The lack of teshuvah; thus “Return and come!”2

Teshuvah, the comprehensive principle of submission to G-d and His will, thus is the most obvious means to bring about the immediate coming of Mashiach.3 It does not require any extraordinary action or undertaking: the simple though sincere thought of regretting misdeeds with determination to better our ways is already complete teshuvah.4

Shabbat: If Israel will keep just one Shabbat properly, Mashiach will come immediately.5

Torah-study: “Torah-study is equivalent to all [the mitzvot].” (Pe’ah 1:1) By virtue of Torah they will return to the Holy Land and be gathered in from the exile.6 Israel shall be redeemed by virtue of ten people sitting one with the other, each of them studying with the other.7

Especially significant in this context is the study of pnimiyut Hatorah, the mystical dimension of the Torah: “In the merit thereof ‘You shall proclaim liberty throughout the land’ (Leviticus 25:10).”8

Tzedakah, too, is equivalent to all the mitzvot.9 Our compassion for the needy and downcast evokes a reciprocal compassion from Heaven, thus hastening the day of the scion of David (Mashiach) and the days of our redemption.10 “Zion shall be redeemed by justice and her repatriates by tzedakah.” (Isaiah 1:27) “Keep justice and do tzedakah, for My salvation is near to come and My tzedakah to be revealed.” (Isaiah 56:1)11

Other mitzvot charged with special efficacy to bring about the redemption are procreation (Genesis 1:28),12 the four species of Sukot (Leviticus 23:40),13 and the sending away of the mother-bird (Deuteronomy 22:6-7).14

B. Unity of Israel

Before Jacob passed away, he addressed all his sons: “Gather together and I shall tell you that which shall occur to you in the end of days. Assemble yourselves and hear…” (Genesis 49:1-2) With these words he warned them against any dissension among themselves.15 He said to them:

“Though it is not known when the Day of Judgment will be, I do tell you that the hour you gather and assemble together you shall be redeemed, as it is said, ‘I will surely gather Jacob, all of you [i.e., when all of you are together]…’ for then immediately ‘their king shall pass before them and G-d at the head of them.’ (Michah 2:12-13).”16

The unity of Israel, all being as one, is the preparation and condition for the ultimate redemption.17

“It is presently ‘dark’ for you, but the Holy One, blessed be He, will in the future illuminate for you as an everlasting light, as it is said, ‘G-d shall be for you an everlasting light’ (Isaiah 60:19). When will that be? When all of you will be a singular band… Israel will be redeemed when they shall be a singular band, as it is said, ‘In those days and in that time, says G-d, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together…’ (Jeremiah 50:4); and it is said, ‘In those days, the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together from the land of the north to the land I have given as a legacy to your fathers’ (Jeremiah 3:18). When they are bound together they shall receive the Face of the Shechinah!”18

Internal unity, ahavat Yisrael, peace and harmony, safeguard even against punishment for the worst sin;19 but when “their heart is divided, they shall bear their guilt.” (Hosea 10:2)20

Notwithstanding the idyllic ritual observance in the days of the Second Temple, dissension, gratuitous hatred and divisiveness, caused the destruction of the Bet Hamikdash and the present galut.21 Rectification of this condition will bring about the restoration of the Bet Hamikdash and the Messianic redemption.22

One other principle to hasten and actualize the Messianic redemption, of utmost significance and in fact at the very core of our affirmation of the fundamental doctrine of Mashiach, is the very belief in, and anticipation of, the coming of Mashiach:

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:21:31 PM

It makes sense for a Messiah to come. When G-d reveals Himself, Israel would need to have a King. That is how it was in the Biblical days. Moshiach means "anointed one". One who is anointed with oil. The King of Israel, basically.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:27:50 PM

It makes sense for a Messiah to come. When G-d reveals Himself, Israel would need to have a King. That is how it was in the Biblical days. Moshiach means "anointed one". One who is anointed with oil. The King of Israel, basically.
It makes sense to YOU. Like all religious people think their shit makes sense to them.What would a person have to do, in your opinion, to be declared THE messiah?
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:28:43 PM

I doubt there will be many observant Jews left when the Jewish messiah comes. the new religion in Isreal is secular Zionism and its growing fast.
I hope that Abraham's children in middle east can see sense and start to respect each other before they bring on the next Sodom and Gomorrah.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:40:24 PM

I doubt there will be many observant Jews left when the Jewish messiah comes. the new religion in Isreal is secular Zionism and its growing fast.
I hope that Abraham's children in middle east can see sense and start to respect each other before they bring on the next Sodom and Gomorrah.
I am actually secular. I made this thread to explain the Jewish religion. I am not religious at all.

To be the Messiah, according to Judaism, one would have to reunite the Jews back to Israel. He would have to be a Torah scholar and a great military leader. And he would bring the Jews back to studying Judaism and getting closer to G-d. Jews would want to get closer to G-d when the Messiah comes.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Mashiach: The Messiah

When Will the Mashiach Come?

There are a wide variety of opinions on the subject of when the mashiach will come. Some of Judaism's greatest minds have cursed those who try to predict the time of the mashiach's coming, because errors in such predictions could cause people to lose faith in the messianic idea or in Judaism itself. This actually happened in the 17th century, when Shabbatai Tzvi claimed to be the mashiach. When Tzvi converted to Islam under threat of death, many Jews converted with him. Nevertheless, this prohibition has not stopped anyone from speculating about the time when the mashiach will come.

Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the mashiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the mashiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the mashiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). For example, each of the following has been suggested as the time when the mashiach will come:

*if Israel repented a single day;
*if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;
*if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
*in a generation that is totally innocent or totally guilty;
*in a generation that loses hope;
*in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;

What Will the Mashiach Do?

Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:49:02 PM

I am actually secular. I made this thread to explain the Jewish religion. I am not religious at all.

To be the Messiah, according to Judaism, one would have to reunite the Jews back to Israel. He would have to be a Torah scholar and a great military leader. And he would bring the Jews back to studying Judaism and getting closer to G-d. Jews would want to get closer to G-d when the Messiah comes.
If you're not religious, why do you keep typing G-d? How does g-d make it easier to explain tradition than god?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:52:43 PM

If you're not religious, why do you keep typing G-d? How does g-d make it easier to explain tradition than god?
It is done so that G-d's name is not desecrated. If I delete this thread, then I desecrate G-d's name by essentially deleting His name. That is why I do it; for the religious thread.

If I make a thread about why I am secular, then I will write G-d out. But for purposes of explaining religion, I will write G-d.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:57:21 PM

It is done so that G-d's name is not desecrated. If I delete this thread, then I desecrate G-d's name by essentially deleting His name. That is why I do it; for the religious thread.

If I make a thread about why I am secular, then I will write G-d out. But for purposes of explaining religion, I will write G-d.
So you're not religious but you are being careful not to desecrate god's name?Actually ignore that....you think typing god then deleting it desecrates god? Yeah, you're religious. You may know in your head that it's stupid, but the rest of you believes in a sky fairy.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:06:17 PM

God is not Yahweh's name so don't worry.. there is no Hebrew or Jewish text which mentions God as being the name of the Hebrew god. he/she wont get angry at you.
If you use violence or commit some other shameful act (like land stealing) against someone using god's name then he/she might get angry...

here is another interesting factoid.... God is cognate with Good (they both share the same linguistic origin).. so if you think using the word "God" is bad then you should also not use word "Good"

speaking of stealing land.. this is what orthodox Judaism has to say about stealing...

"Parshat Mishpatim outlines many of the laws regulating liability for causing harm to a person or his property. Our passage describes the punishment for theft. In general, a person who steals must pay back to the victim twofold the value of the stolen object. In other words, in addition to making restitution, the thief must make a further payment equal to the value of the stolen object."

http://www.ou.org/torah/parsha/rabbi-fox-on-parsha/parshat_mishpatim_2/

I think this is a Key point about the Jewish religion that many Israeli settlers ignore and this is why I am against the Israeli Settler movement.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:15:08 PM

could you type ged or gid or gud instead ?

what about g-man or the big g-man or big "g"

or just "g" or gd or g'd

g-d is abbreviating god, which literally means to treat Him lightly and not fully

is it better to go with geedashdee as less abbreviated and more phonetic ?

if god was a woman all abundant and fruitful with a trunk of junk and big boobs, maybe call her gg or dd ?

if one boob was bigger than the other, then call her g-d ?

as I don't intend to delete stuff written about god like the various bibles, it is best to use all His full names ...

Jah, Lord, Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, almighty, maker, master, creator, father, mother!

as there are plenty of lords and masters knocking about also loads of fathers and mothers, to be sure ..

lord almighty

now if you end up doing something like l-a, its kinda making light of the old fella ?

Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

1.) G-d created Humans in his image. Man and Woman, He created them. That means, as G-d has freewill, Humans have freewill. It does not mean G-d has a body. G-d has no body.

2.) G-d is neither male nor female. G-d is a spirit entity. G-d has no body. G-d is spirit.

3.) In the Jewish religion, the World to Come is not in Heaven but will be here on Earth. People will be brought back to life in their physical bodies and be judged by G-d. Those deemed worthy will have eternal life here on Earth. Heaven and Hell is only temporary for now until G-d restores some type of Garden of Eden here on Earth, known as Olam Haba, the World to Come.

4.) The Snake in the Garden of Eden is symbolism for the baseness of Human Nature. It is a symbol of the lowest part of human nature which we should struggle to avoid and overcome and get ourselves closer to G-d in understanding by fulfilling his laws.

5.) Satan is an agent of G-d. He is not an enemy of G-d. G-d cannot have a battle in Heaven as he is Supreme. No one is higher than Him. Satan is thus used to tempt people as a test of those people's loyalty to G-d.

6.) G-d cannot have a son. If He does, then that limits Him. G-d is infinite and cannot limit Himself.

7.) Jews cannot have tattoos or eat pork. Pig is an unclean animal and G-d commands you to not make markings on your body.

8.) All the positive prophecies in the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) will come true. The negative ones, like war and famine, are only warnings. So G-d stacks the deck in our favor. If we are righteous and holy people here on Earth, then the good prophecies will come true and the bad ones will not. If we are sinful and wicked, then bad prophecies like the War of Gog and Magog may very well come true.

9.) The Messiah will be a normal human. He will be born of a mother and father and will be a great Torah scholar and military leader.

Wow.. Let's try this?

The sooner every jew lovin mason is dead the sooner there will indeed be heaven on earth, without that sad tetragtrammaton aka JaBaalOn (ZeBoulon anyone?)destroying countries and lives for their own stupid beliefs.. behind every war in the last 2 centuries there are jew/masonic lovin hands.. behind every death in the last 2 centuries is a jewish/masonic hand, behind every death in palestine there is a mouth that will never say GOD, because they are afraid of him.. behind ukraine is the american jews who just cant stop killing, behind every misery on earth is a fuckin mason. See, God is the light, and the son behind the son for the true initiate of the mysteries knows full well is the moon, reflecting TOMORROWS light TONIGHT.. see all those funny handshakes? Spot the mason.. see all them ties? Choke them with them.. See those military uniforms that pretend they oppose each other? Planned division. Look at palestine. Look at ukraine.. hitler was right, and he tried to stop it.. not.. he was a mason too.. sorry, should that be rosicrucian? Since rosicrusianism is nothing more than the 18th degree of freemasonry.. Shall I half the password? The first initiation recorded in the giza pyramid was over 64 thousand years ago under the guise of mithraism, which incidently sacrificed children just as the cowardly american/british governments do today. NO? Would you like me to type the path to the word? Would you like to see the actual mathematical proof that the 216 digit word they are seeking is staring everyone in the face? The REAL jewish problem is they are too evil to use the word, for malicious use of this word can and will never be, this is why they cannot pronounce it, they cannot and never will see the light that shines on those who know full well the word is but a word in the light of the fire within, a light that you have never seen, because you CANNOT see your own light reflected, no matter how many mirrors you make and hence cannot have use of the word. You are JEW..

Keep lookin for Hiram Abiff's word, sorry, should that be Jesus's word? and maybe you can pronounce it too..

Regarding this matter I have reckoned the number of the beast, know full well that a true circle has 370 degrees, 1 of which is = to 72 days, x the height of the pyramid (48 hours being 2 days) aka 144, that very same number those jewish fucks think will survive.. well, sorry to burst their bubble, but whilst I cannot detail the facts here, that 2 degree section of sky, or the 144 days it takes for the sun to traverse said space is nothing more than where time becomes a loop.. fuckin idiots.. cant wait until the rest of the world wakes up and gets rid of those child killin twats.. please forgive my ENGLISH language, but I am not responsible for the words coming out here, that responsibility lays with the idiots who force fed me this alien language since the day I was born..

Ja is to Y as He(sus) is to the Son of GOD as Ja is = to Jaweh, BAAl is the canonite Devil, with On being the star of bi-eth-lie-hem (remixed spelling, not wrong) um.. bethlehem, lesser known as the DOG star Sirius, Found in the constellation CANIS MAJOR the problem being, instead of the three stars of Orions belt following Sirius (found on the chest of the DOG star), they are now being chased by this stoopid DOG. Everything is in reverse.. As above, So Below, As Within, So Without, On Earth as it is in Heaven, and the Sphinx is a DOG, but then..

Apologies for stating the truth they try to hide, and if I've offended any jews take note.. look at palestine.. remember it.. for that is the final straw for the rest of the world as they prepare to sweep the land and send freemasonry back to the 13th century.. bunch o fags..
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:37:59 PM

God is not Yahweh's name so don't worry.. there is no Hebrew or Jewish text which mentions God as being the name of the Hebrew god. he/she wont get angry at you.
If you use violence or commit some other shameful act (like land stealing) against someone using god's name then he/she might get angry...

here is another interesting factoid.... God is cognate with Good (they both share the same linguistic origin).. so if you think using the word "God" is bad then you should also not use word "Good"

speaking of stealing land.. this is what orthodox Judaism has to say about stealing...

"Parshat Mishpatim outlines many of the laws regulating liability for causing harm to a person or his property. Our passage describes the punishment for theft. In general, a person who steals must pay back to the victim twofold the value of the stolen object. In other words, in addition to making restitution, the thief must make a further payment equal to the value of the stolen object."

http://www.ou.org/torah/parsha/rabbi-fox-on-parsha/parshat_mishpatim_2/

I think this is a Key point about the Jewish religion that many Israeli settlers ignore and this is why I am against the Israeli Settler movement.
I'm going to break a rule here. In Judaism, when we speak of God, we don't write Elohim (His name), or God. We write G-d, or HaShem. HaShem is Hebrew for The Name. That is how we refer to God. We either write HaShem (The Name) or G-d. We do not write Elohim or God. Does that make more sense?

Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:40:52 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 02:02:50 PM by Alphi

The sooner every jew lovin mason is dead the sooner there will indeed be heaven on earth,

Freemasons aren't allied with Jews in some secret grand scheme, go study some history before you sprout some of that david icke conspiracy garbage.

FreeMasons were Teutons (returning Germanic knights from the crusades) the very same Teutons which the Nazis claimed as their heritage.

In reality Masons/Teutons, Nazis and Zionists are all ideologically opposed to each other..

sure there are some powerful figures in history who made deals between the different groups and even some people who crossed over but it doesn't make them united in some world domination plot.

if you want proof that there is no such thing as the new world order.. just look at the rise of china.. they are not affiliated with any of those groups and they will soon eclipse the USA and Europe in terms of financial and military power and there is nothing the Illuminati can do to stop them because the Illuminati does not exist (or if it does it is a very small player).

Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:45:26 PM

I'm going to break a rule here. In Judaism, when we speak of God, we don't write Elohim (His name), or God. We write G-d, or HaShem. HaShem is Hebrew for The Name. That is how we refer to God. We either write HaShem (The Name) or G-d. We do not write Elohim or God. Does that make more sense?

if it makes you happy....

I think the only time I will face any wrath by using gods name is if i use the wrong name in the wrong country. I think shouting Allah something something in an Israeli street or shouting Jehovah is awesome in northern Iraq could cause me a few problems. Tongue

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:49:13 PM

I have a copy of the Tanakh. I read the first couple books of the Torah, the first part of the Tanakh. I have not read the rest of it. Too lazy, I guess. I want to get it on audio book so I can listen to it in full. I think it is a great book, even better than Plato. Not equal to Plato, but even better, philosophy-wise. But I don't consider it to be the work of any God. I consider it to be the best work of humanity, when it comes to writing. But not the work of God.

I guess I have a love-hate relationship with religion. I find it interesting philosophy-wise, but I do not agree with some of it. Morality-wise, yes. No tattoos, don't be gay, don't listen to rap, don't cheat on your husband/wife, don't murder, etc. That I agree with. But praying and waiting for a Messiah that may never come is something I don't believe in because the book itself may very well be at least partially a work of fiction. A lot of it is historically accurate but the supernatural parts are most likely fake.

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:52:44 PM

Now, for future reference, I am not religious, but am here to answer questions about the Jewish religion. Please nobody make any future posts about how I am waiting for the Messiah to come or other crazy nonsense like that. And yes, I think Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are beautiful religions. They are my favorite religions too. It is so interesting how people today are named after Biblical figures. How we use metaphors to this day that came from the Bible. Etc., etc., etc. But I do not believe in the actual divinity of the Bible. I want to read and memorize the Tanakh for historical reasons. I find it historically interesting. I have a Political Science Degree and find cultures and history very interesting. Also, I was deployed to Kuwait as a U.S. Army Soldier. I even visited Qatar while I was in Kuwait. And I have been to Israel twice. So I have been to three Middle Eastern countries and have a Political Science Degree. This makes Judaism, Christianity, Islam and their history even more important for my study.

Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:54:08 PM

Morality-wise, yes. No tattoos, don't be gay, don't listen to rap

lol are you serious?
I can think of more morally wrong things than those 3.. lolz.

Alphi

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:58:30 PM

Now, for future reference, I am not religious, but am here to answer questions about the Jewish religion. Please nobody make any future posts about how I am waiting for the Messiah to come or other crazy nonsense like that. And yes, I think Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are beautiful religions. They are my favorite religions too. It is so interesting how people today are named after Biblical figures. How we use metaphors to this day that came from the Bible. Etc., etc., etc. But I do not believe in the actual divinity of the Bible. I want to read and memorize the Tanakh for historical reasons. I find it historically interesting. I have a Political Science Degree and find cultures and history very interesting. Also, I was deployed to Kuwait as a U.S. Army Soldier. I even visited Qatar while I was in Kuwait. And I have been to Israel twice. So I have been to three Middle Eastern countries and have a Political Science Degree. This makes Judaism, Christianity, Islam and their history even more important for my study.

you are better off reading history books, you will get a more balanced view and be able to see the real beauty of the different cultures.
what really bugs me is that so many of these religious fanatics all over the middle east.. (even in Isreal) are smashing and destroying thousands of years of cultural heritage just to satisfy their own small minded views.

what ISIS are doing in Iraq is just disgusting... trying to force people who don't convert to leave and then blowing up all their ancient monuments. If the Zionists in Israel become more radicalized they will try to do the same thing because it says so in the old testament.. worship only one god.. tear down their temples and burn their idols.. its the same book that ISIS are reading..

Deuteronomy 12:3

One Place for Worship
…2"You shall utterly destroy all the places where the nations whom you shall dispossess serve their gods, on the high mountains and on the hills and under every green tree. 3"You shall tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and burn their Asherim with fire, and you shall cut down the engraved images of their gods and obliterate their name from that place. 4"You shall not act like this toward the LORD your God.…

this is god calling for religious genocide...

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:05:26 PM

A Rabbi once told me that if you pick a random letter on a page of the Torah, for example, the third letter on the first paragraph of page 1, and read that third letter of paragraph 1 of every page, then it makes a new story. Is that true? That would be remarkable if that was true.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: