Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive BitCrane T-110 Setup [HD]  (Read 19430 times)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:14:00 AM

True but I had not dug deeply into the software to see if they made any changes.  It is good to know they did not and it is only the GUI that is all slicked up. LOL

Hi,
I recently interviewed the CEO of BitCrane and he said it is available on GitHub.  I am going to make sure he doesn't just mean that cgminer is available but their port of it.
I have started asking this of companies that I interview now.  I feel there needs to be more awareness of it as you do.
The interview will go live later this week or next week once I get a few more questions answered and verify info.
Thanks again for you hard work.

I don't supposed you've seen source code for the (cgminer GPL3 based) driver for this hardware?

They've not forked anything, they're using the original HashFast code and so don't need to repost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R4v37

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:48:17 PM

this newcomer quite pricey
but, overall, this' the best looking miner

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 12:52:14 AM

this newcomer quite pricey
but, overall, this' the best looking miner

Yeah it really is quite pretty.

jhood2880

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:28:09 PM

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I bought the Bitcrane T110S and pulled it out of the box and cant seem to find it on my network. I logged into the router and checked every IP on the list. Does anyone have any suggestions?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 11:47:27 PM

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I bought the Bitcrane T110S and pulled it out of the box and cant seem to find it on my network. I logged into the router and checked every IP on the list. Does anyone have any suggestions?
For mine the default IP was 192.168.1.140

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
jhood2880

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:00:59 AM

Thank you i tried that. I am not sure why it wont go to it. I am thinking maybe i will go get a crossover cable and attempt it that way. I have been trying to get it going for hours now and no progress at all!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:01:39 AM

Thank you i tried that. I am not sure why it wont go to it. I am thinking maybe i will go get a crossover cable and attempt it that way. I have been trying to get it going for hours now and no progress at all!
I'm not sure if they have an SD image available on their website somewhere, but if you can't figure it out you can always plug the two USB cables into a laptop (or desktop, or Pi) and run cgminer as normal so you can mine while you figure it out.
jhood2880

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:11:17 AM

I appreciate the response but unfortunately there are no USB ports.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:18:05 AM

Isn't the T-110S just a downclocked and quieter version of the T-110?
If so, there should be a USB port on the two boards, that you can connect to a computer.
jhood2880

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:55:47 AM

Oh wow. Get out of dodge. I had no clue. I was hesitant to open it due to the voiding of the warranty but i will for sure do it knowing they are there. I will let you know if it works. Thank you
jhood2880

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:53:24 AM

Ok so after almost an entire day i am left without a miner. I have no idea what is wrong with this thing. Anyone know of any miners in the East bay area (California)? Wondering if someone would be able to see this on their network. Thanks in advance
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:27:46 AM

Isn't the T-110S just a downclocked and quieter version of the T-110?
If so, there should be a USB port on the two boards, that you can connect to a computer.

Very slightly clocked down, and with 2x quieter fans in place of several 1x loud fans.

Ok so after almost an entire day i am left without a miner. I have no idea what is wrong with this thing. Anyone know of any miners in the East bay area (California)? Wondering if someone would be able to see this on their network. Thanks in advance

Are you not able to bypass the internal Pi and use a computer? Once you open up you can check what LEDs are visible on the Pi as well.

jhood2880

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:42:31 PM

What i did try last night was to get my other R-Pi to run them but it doesnt recognize them.The R-Pi i have is running minepeon. Then i decided it probably was better that i didnt try it that way. I dont know any of the (bin bash) setup codes or anything like that so i was concerned about ruining it. There doesnt seem to be much out there on these devices. It seems to all boil down to not seeing it on the network. (nic shows solid green intermittent flashing orange) (when running on everything that came with it). I could try to run cgminer on my desktop but again i dont know how to configure it.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 08:14:19 PM

What i did try last night was to get my other R-Pi to run them but it doesnt recognize them.The R-Pi i have is running minepeon. Then i decided it probably was better that i didnt try it that way. I dont know any of the (bin bash) setup codes or anything like that so i was concerned about ruining it. There doesnt seem to be much out there on these devices. It seems to all boil down to not seeing it on the network. (nic shows solid green intermittent flashing orange) (when running on everything that came with it). I could try to run cgminer on my desktop but again i dont know how to configure it.

Create a .bat file with notepad (just save it as .bat) and put it in the same directory as a recent copy of cgminer.

Code:
cgminer -o eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u user_worker -p 123 --hfa-fail-drop 0 --hfa-fan 100 --hfa-temp-overheat 110 --hfa-temp-target 0 --hfa-hash-clock 700

pause

I like leaving the pause in, it means if you put an incorrect string in it will stop and show you the error rather than instantly closing. Your clock speed on the T-110S might be 650, I'm not sure.

irobb

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:54:18 PM

Can someone help me understand what the following means/does:

Utility
DH
DiffA
DiffR

https://i.imgur.com/42l5iaV.jpg

Thanks

Also - try a different router if you're having issues with it connecting...
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:55:21 PM

Utility - Number of shares [at worker diff] submitted a minute
DH - What percent of shares were lost due to hardware errors [in terms of diff 1]
DiffA - Number of shares [diff 1] which were accepted and credited by your pool
DiffR - Number of shares [diff 1] which were rejected and not credited by your pool

irobb

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:43:08 PM

Utility - Number of shares [at worker diff] submitted a minute
DH - What percent of shares were lost due to hardware errors [in terms of diff 1]
DiffA - Number of shares [diff 1] which were accepted and credited by your pool
DiffR - Number of shares [diff 1] which were rejected and not credited by your pool

Thank you!
dwyer17

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:14:55 AM

I just got one of these, was on sale at Newegg! I got the T-110s silent version. The fan in the top rear of the unit is not spinning, I think I may have to send it back Sad

Think these miners can run in below freezing temperatures with the water cooling?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:41:51 PM

I just got one of these, was on sale at Newegg! I got the T-110s silent version. The fan in the top rear of the unit is not spinning, I think I may have to send it back Sad

Think these miners can run in below freezing temperatures with the water cooling?

It won't spin unless cgminer is actively mining on Hashfast boards usually, depends how they set up their boards. If you mean its never running at all, then you can open it up and see if you can trace the wire. It might just be slightly loose etc. If you're sure the fan is dead, you can replace it with a near match for ~$15. Up to you if you want to go through the hassle of an RMA.

RazorBack

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:49:00 PM

I just got my T-110S a couple days ago from NewEgg.  Tried to set it up last night and access with the IP that is on a sticker on the front just like stated here: 192.168.1.140  and I cannot get anything.  It does not even show up as a client with and address on my router.  My router is 192.169.1.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0   So I have no idea?  I even pulled out an old router and conf'd it to 192.168.0.1 and 255.255.0.0 to try connecting at 192.168.0.140 and nothing. 

I am extremely frustrated right now and cannot find any help or troubleshooting on the Bitcrane site or through google searches. Sad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: