Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Bicknellski's Biased & Opinionated Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 17549 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:02:34 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 02:21:18 PM by Bicknellski

<SNIP>

You're a dumb piece of shit and a terrible businesman marto, what say you to that?

Guessing you wouldn't recommend his services then Operatr given your review of him here.

and the complaints of 0 information keep occurying will multiple accounts try to post positive reviews of Technobit. What a joke. Pretty transparent who is posting that eh Marto?

Amazingly Martin has time to post here but no time to answer his customers questions. Sad. Cry

Marto - Can you please give us an update on sending the customer list to Minersource for batch 1 customers?  I asked this same question almost 24 hours ago and it went unanswered.  Please let us know where you are at with this list because these delays are really hurting our ROI on these boards.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:32:15 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 05:11:29 AM by Bicknellski

There is a growing backlash against  a number of fabricators. It is important that is reported to everyone so I will be updating here any significant posts that call out manufacturers who are failing to support their customers. Unfortunately there seems to be elements that want to suppress or ignore these facts and give our community a false impression about many of these fabricators.

======

More complaints towards Minersource.

I totally agree. Avoid this company at all costs! Minersource has been avoiding direct emails and posts on the Facebook page regarding the pre-orders for the X1's and X3's  - The last update as of today was from 08/06/2014 which is the same rehashed useless information on when and what kind of compensation if any, we will get from BA.  They have also started deleting posts on their Facebook page that not only ask relevant questions about our orders but also criticizing them.  I have paid for my order in April and all I got was one email when I initially inquired almost two months ago - the same tired excuse that we will be shipping soon crap!  I never even got another response when I recently contacted them a few days ago and others on the Facebook page have the same zero results to our questions.  I am going to file a complaint and I have suggested others do so with the Denver, CO BBB.  For those interested, here is the direct link:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/find-business/name/Miner+Hosting+LLC/80207/

I also requested a refund numerous times in the past and was denied.  They are NOT a professionally run business and I consider them an illegitimate operation.

Hey Gezellig4Geld,

I've given Minersource a deadline and I will be filling a complaint to the FTC and the BBB next week if they don't send a refund. Let us know if you ever got your money back.

Edit update: Marto74 and Minersource not communicating very well at all.

Marto are you behind in shipping (you said last week you would ship me Friday or last Monday) or in updating our technobit accounts to "shipped" status?
We ship as soon we have ready boards.
your order ref ?
Please quit dodging the question, do you have a list for minersource ready or not?

Others are organizing to act against KnC.

Have you ordered a KnCMiner Titan or Neptune?
Are you fed up with them and are interested in legal action and possibly a class action?

I'm trying to judge whether a class action suit would be a possible. Can you please state what you had ordered and why you would sue them?

Do you know a good lawyer or are a resident in Sweden? It would be helpful to have a contact there.

For example, I ordered a KnCMiner Titan. I am a consumer and would like to get a refund, because their products are unsafe (fire hazard, no CE marking), they have made false representations (Q2/Q3 delivery, 800Watt), and because they act in direct conflict with their customers (Batch 1 vs Batch 2).

My other thread collects information on replies from authorities and lawyers. Please contribute if you can!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:15:07 PM

Because it's a major discussion in the S3 Thread:

Is Spondoolies-Tech using the latest version of cgminer (v4.6.0) in all their products?

We pull latest cgminer from github every time we build.
Spondoolies is the ONLY company remaining that is in sync with the mainline cgminer code and always push upstream any driver changes.
Quote above is from the primary developer of cgminer.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:23:39 AM

Because it's a major discussion in the S3 Thread:

Is Spondoolies-Tech using the latest version of cgminer (v4.6.0) in all their products?

We pull latest cgminer from github every time we build.
Spondoolies is the ONLY company remaining that is in sync with the mainline cgminer code and always push upstream any driver changes.
Quote above is from the primary developer of cgminer.

That says a lot for SPTech...

How would that affect say the ratings for others who do not? Thoughts?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:24:53 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 11:35:50 AM by Bicknellski

More Technobit woes. One more reason not to buy from them.

Well Marto, I see you are online, why no comments on the out of order shipping, how can you ship batch 2 orders from 3 weeks old? What have you shipped so far, from MS' pictures it looks not even 25 to the USA?

Because he need to set up his own farm and cloud hashing first to recoup from the losses of buying ALOT of parts to manufacture the boards?
Martin got paid in chips, remember?  Roll Eyes

BULLSHIT. I paid in full. No conversion, no who's in inline shit. I paid straight up for 50. Got the PSU's, breaker boards, fans, all that. Converted half my breaker box to 240... and still nothing. 4 weeks my ass.

I should have had 50 boards here, yet difficulty is up another 20% yet again.

Marto... please, and I beg you deliver. Timeline for this venture is running out. Sad

And BFL rumors of a raid. One more reason not to buy from BFL.

I understand that there may be a large contingency of people who do not believe what I posted earlier or will not believe it until they see it in the news or a government agency confirms it. But I hold in my hands a 33 page ex parte temporary restraining order filed by the FTC against BFL on 9/18/14 that names three individuals associated with BFL in it, specifically. I am not releasing it at this time for two reasons: 1) the person who gave it to me hasn't given me the permission yet, 2) it says "*Sealed*" on the bottom of the page next to the case number. I believe the fact that it is sealed is the reason government agencies have not commented on it at this point.

I went by BFL for the first time in a year today to see what was going on as well after I heard the news and I didn't see any agents, however I have received confirmation this afternoon from another completely independent source who was scheduled to have a meeting with BFL today before it was abruptly cancelled who went by and ran into agents there. This other source is a reliable and established name in the Bitcointalk forum and they can back up my claim publicly if they wish to, but I am not pushing them. I know what I have seen and heard from my sources and people can believe what they want until it is officially confirmed.

As to what Tech... is posting is all 100% factually true, I cannot be completely sure. I can confirm that Tech... is former BFL, just as I am. Tech..'s initial info from the same sources from whom I received my info, since my source told me that they had also spoken with Tech.... Nobody is pulling your legs here. This shit happened. Now, the US Marshals KC office was denying any connection to this action at least as of 4:30 pm CST, but they may have had reasons to withhold that info temporarily. I'm not too familiar with the US Marshal Service's protocol. Still, they entered the office around 10 am CST, and had employees leave all computers and any other equipment, files, and basically whatever wasn't personal property. They interviewed employees, too. I won't go into the nature of those interviews as reported to me, since I'm sure all of that will be disclosed in the case ahead. There have supposedly been two arrests. I believe there is at least one additional warrant at this, and it will be rather hard to serve.

There's a group of BFL ex-pats who, while employed at BFL, believed that company was doing things in so many wrong ways that it was difficult to keep count. IF you voiced dissent (and god could I tell you stories - I'm somewhat combative, which Tech.. can attest to, if he figures out who I am lol), your days were numbered. Tech... and I were not the best of friends, but got on well, and had at least some level of respect for each other. Tech... isn't the type to jump on and feed the community a bunch of bullshit. Sure, I've seen some ranting  and venting, and maybe even some posts that were written without the backing of solid info, but those are few.

This is no bullshit. BFL is being taken to task.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg8895169#msg8895169

Black Arrow and Minersource more disappointments.

Well I can confirm that I invested a lot more than 10k with BA through Minersource. Currently I have tried to work out something with Minersource but they have stopped responding to my messages. I will probably end up suing Minersource if they don't get their act together.

If there are any other people in the same situation as myself - please contact me, thank you.

Sue Minersource for what exactly? Im pretty hes even more screwed than everybody else, cause it was this guy's main business. He will likely be declaring bankruptcy, at least we can just write it off.

In other news, Black Arrow responded to an email yesterday saying they cant ship my miner because they had to recall the power supplies, which I am aware of, but does anybody know if I just ask to receive it without a power supply installed will they ship to me as is?

Its an expensive paperweight, a novelty item which Im planning on keeping as a testament to my own hubris.

Well you see, to start because they have not refunded me a dime and I have asked for a refund in June. They did offer me some BTC Garden miners but that was not a viable option for me due to space and power requirements (my X3 order was to be hosted with Minersource).

Then it would be the small matter of BA refusing to honor (according to MS) some of the promotions they have ran in the past that were part of my contract with Minersource. They didn't bother letting me know - maybe because they conveniently forgot or they were just afraid I would have asked for a refund right away since not keeping your promises is a clear indication of a shady company - once they have your money they suddenly forget all the promises/promotions/deadlines, etc.

And third, because they have stopped communicating and therefore how can you expect any amiable resolution with someone that doesn't even want to communicate with you?

marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:28:59 PM

Bick,
I missed you lately Wink
How  the LED design goes Cheesy

I dare you again , please point one member posting positive about us that is part of "many " by your words our accounts.
Can you TROLL Huh?

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
marto74

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Bick..
You should rename the tread to Technobit fuck us over again
You are in Action mode again
all this will not change the fact your hardware design efforts are failure
Cheesy

You're a dumb piece of shit and a terrible businesman marto, what say you to that?
Smiley
thank you for the input

marto74

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:50:10 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 09:07:46 PM by marto74

Again back your accusation: name at least one of my fake accounts .
..... Or spend less time here or making up faux accounts and posts to persuade people to get in line and WAIT for his latest product that will be late. .....

Can you ?

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:41:41 PM

What about this company?
https://www.mining-asics-technologies.com/

They were advertising a lot in the last few months but didn't deliver.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:51:06 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 10:21:26 AM by Bicknellski

If only Marto spent his time answering his customers questions eh? Or spend less time here or making up faux accounts and posts to persuade people to get in line and WAIT for his latest product that will be late. Simple if you are still in the market for miners. AVOID TECHNOBIT... order from people that ship now and on time and RMA without excuses. THUMBS UP suppliers in this thread do that. Technobit does not.

Thumbs down. Do not buy from Technobit.

Well Marto, I see you are online, why no comments on the out of order shipping, how can you ship batch 2 orders from 3 weeks old? What have you shipped so far, from MS' pictures it looks not even 25 to the USA?

Because he need to set up his own farm and cloud hashing first to recoup from the losses of buying ALOT of parts to manufacture the boards?
Martin got paid in chips, remember?  Roll Eyes

BULLSHIT. I paid in full. No conversion, no who's in inline shit. I paid straight up for 50. Got the PSU's, breaker boards, fans, all that. Converted half my breaker box to 240... and still nothing. 4 weeks my ass.

I should have had 50 boards here, yet difficulty is up another 20% yet again.

Marto... please, and I beg you deliver. Timeline for this venture is running out. Sad

I check my status of order at Technobit today. It is already shipped (16.09.2014 16:40 Sofia (BG)). I am from Europe and Batch2.

Order from 20.8.2014, chips delivered 28.8 - so about 3 weeks.

This is not cool at all! I was one of the first from batch 1!

Who is Macher?

Seems funny that many of the posts that are positive in regards to technobit work are from newbs sub 39 posts glowing praise of how great shipping is or how great the rma was or how great the units or how great the communication is. Maybe just maybe this guy is not even a customer and his post is meant to dispel fears that not much of anything has actually shipped.

I check my status of order at Technobit today. It is already shipped (16.09.2014 16:40 Sofia (BG)). I am from Europe and Batch2.

Order from 20.8.2014, chips delivered 28.8 - so about 3 weeks.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:51:43 AM

Considered them a straight up scam as they never delivered so not even on the list.

I will remove companies eventually that are not shipping as well to tidy up the list. 6 months no new shipping and I will axe them.

What about this company?
https://www.mining-asics-technologies.com/

They were advertising a lot in the last few months but didn't deliver.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:30:25 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 04:43:55 AM by Bicknellski

The Plot Thickens at BFL... was it a raid, investigation were arrest warrants served?

As the rumor persists without denial or confirmation your best move would be TO AVOID BFL at all costs.

Usually I would feel this is false until proven. Given my disdain for BFL, I've made calls and sent emails to the office -- and the lack of response would indicate something is going on.

Circle responds to a top reddit post about some stupid decimal bug in their system which is closed beta. I know "nobody cares about you", wouldn't Inaba just love to prove this whole thing wrong?

I might as well make a "Hitler Finds out about BFL Bankruptcy" video now. Put a fork in em, IMO. Or prove us wrong BCP.

Just my BTC .02 but in *every other* online / mail order forced closure by the FTC / IRS / local tax man / local government I have dealt with in the last 15+ years. All the websites were taken down or had a noticed pasted on them and the phones had a message changed to please call this # for more information.

Now, w/o more info we don't know what happened. But it just seems odd that there is no information.

If there was a not a "raid" but it was just for the government coming to take files to gather information or get documentation then is a different story. They are not closed, but just under investigation.

-Dave

Here's how the incident was described to me, and it was not a raid (if I used that specific word in earlier posts, i must apologize for my negligence, since you're certainly correct, there is a distinction): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788886.40   - it's the second post down on that page.

you're not the only one to mention the fact that their website is still up. one of the earlier posts i read yesterday over in the 'Legal' forum pointed this out, and i even made a mock order last evening before submitting a post, and mention that i did so.

still, with regard to your post, while i admittedly may well be reading affect where there is none, but what i'm reading is that if it was a raid, that is very serious, but if they are simply being investigated by the FTC, that's nearly as big of a deal. is that correct, or close? just trying to understand. if my understanding is correct, while i'd concede that an investigation is not the same as a raid where US Marshals bust in with their weapons drawn, and treat everyone as suspect, i still think it's a big deal when in the morning hours the district court sends someone from a prosecution team to seize property and documents - if only temporarily, send employees home, and do not tell them when or if they are coming back. Furthermore, I've heard that the three people who were served arrest warrants were Sonny V., Jody "Darla" Drake , and Nasser, the CTO. Nasser lives outside the US, and I kind of doubt he'll be extradited. I'm also not sure why he would be implicated, other than he had a different title up until the company did some restructuring starting in the middle of last year. That would be the only reason why I could understand Nasser taking the fall instead of Bruce Bourne (sp?). It's also surprising that Jeff Ownby wasn't implicated. very surprising. It may also be that, given that even the US Marshals office in the KC metro has not confirmed any involvement, that property was seized to look info some of these other players as well, as the case against them wasn't quite strong enough. there are even a few others who i am surprised are not on the hook.

the document that Tech.. has mentioned, and that i've also acknowledged, was only filed yesterday. there is a case number, and even if it wasn't currently "sealed" it would take a few days before the document was publicly available. anyone that has the document and is interested in seeing the investigation play out with the hope that those deserving of punishment get their share shouldn't make it available yet. i don't think any of us who have been relaying information we've received are really all that concerned if you believe us right at this moment. since i can only really speak for myself, i can certainly say that i am not. it's been many months since i worked for that outfit, and i have no dog in this fight. i do think that many of their business practices, both during my time there and after, were/are pretty abhorrent. still, believe me or don't, it doesn't matter. every BFL  employee that was there at the time got the same document that Tech... and i have mentioned. I've seen the first few pages where it mentioned who they wanted to arrest, and why they were closing down BFL for the investigation. either the feds, a former employee, or someone who has obtained the documents  through other means will eventually post them. I don't mean "2 or more months" from not either. within a week, maybe two, the community will get some meat.

and yet still, i'm surprised at all the skepticism by many that this all actually took place, or even that it is some kind of BFL conspiracy. they are facing a similar problem regarding shipping as they did with the 65 nm products. the reason those even made it out by the end of November is because the company was given a stern warning by the FTC. that wasn't the only warning, and not the only time the FTC has looked into the company. all of that info is public, save perhaps for the timeline given to the company to finish shipping those firs-generation ASICs. this shouldn't surprise. every day that BFL isn't shipping, it exacerbates the problems they have with the FTC, as the problem never should have gotten out of hand like this after already having gone through the same fucking experience! my guess will be that instead of roaming the halls of BFL in his same old blue sweatpants that Bruce will be sitting at home in said sweatpants. even f this is only an investigation the outcome will not prove positive for the company.

From the BFL Forums in late August 2013:

08-23-2013, 11:22 PM #127
DisabledVet

After reading through the BFL forums the last few days, one thing is most evidently clear to me: people are not satisfied at all. I want a refund and legally I have every right to a refund on an internet purchase. I sent an email to Jody and was denied a refund. I am not at all happy about this as it is unethical and very poor business practice. Any legitimate business would issue a prompt refund and an apology immediately.

I wanted to believe in this company and have been patient for long enough. What's fair is fair. We paid, you haven't delivered, give us our money back.

marto74

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:55:52 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 08:09:25 PM by marto74

Bick
Still no answer Huh
Can you point at least one our fake account or paid shil HuhHuh
I am asking this a few times already and no answer, why?
Because you can not
We never did this.
The reason you insist on telling this in most of your post is that you are not able to accept there are people that do not share your hate .
Small man

Qeu

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:40:36 PM

Bick
Still no answer Huh
Because you can not
We never did this.
The reason you insist on telling this in most of your post is that you are not able to accept there are people that do not share your hate .
Small man
Marto
Still no answer??
Can you point out at least why you ship batch 2 orders of 3 weeks old before 2 month old batch 1 orders?
I've asked this a few times already and no answer, why?
marto74

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

Bick
Still no answer Huh
Because you can not
We never did this.
Small man
Marto
Still no answer??
Can you point out at least why you ship batch 2 orders of 3 weeks old before 2 month old batch 1 orders?
yougot youranswer in the proper tread
and now you folow Bick`s lead and post a few full pages writing what scam I`m
Best Martin

Qeu

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:02:56 PM

Bick
Still no answer Huh
Because you can not
We never did this.
Small man
Marto
Still no answer??
yougot youranswer in the proper tread
and now you folow Bick`s lead and post a few full pages writing what scam I`m
Best Martin
I never wrote you are a scam, I wrote what an incompatent hardware producer you are that makes promises after promises without keeping them. "I'll ship your order Friday or Monday" and you even did not know the order number for that promised shipping.
marto74

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:07:42 PM

great
You are right
now send Bick a PM.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:11:16 PM

appreciate your good work OP. thanks!

Qeu

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:29:53 PM

great
You are right
now send Bick a PM.
No need to, I did sent you a message through your Technobit contact system though.
marto74

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:10:55 PM

I got it.
it is nice formal letter and the proper way to reach what you want

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: