Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Delete This Thread  (Read 10112 times)
StormTheFront

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:09:41 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 02:41:39 AM by StormTheFront

Do we have developers to take over code? If dev is missing we can't do much without a good dev.
Our first mission as a community is to SAVE THESE MARKETS. We need everyone's help to do that!
We are already working behind the scenes with more than enough skill to get this ball rolling, and to take this much further than the Dev ever did during all 3 coins combined.
But that doesn't mean we won't be seeking help from the community when we need it. The community is what will make these coins succeed!
We could have the best development team in the world, but it will all be for nothing, if we can't save these markets NOW!
Fair enough. For now.
I do hope this thread will eventually see more transparency.
That will be essential after what lead to this.

I have to agree, a much more pressing concern is keeping those markets alive.
Nothing will matter much if that goes down.
And that is 2 days from now.

We need to save the CSO and LOL markets, FAST, or there won't be enough developers on earth to save these coins after that final nail in the coffin.

What do you want from the dev?
Brilliant question.
What does the community realistically expect from anyone picking up the pieces and building on these ashes?
If this is going to be the communities coin(s), then the community should have some say!!
What ideas do you all have?
What steps should be taken to revive this mess?

Personally, I would be happy if the Dev could manage to get Betting up and running for all 3 coins.
Not setting the bar very high, I realize.
But that would at least deliver what was promised before, even at a primitive level.
If the Dev can manage that much, we can build from there?

I would love to let my imagination run wild, and suggest all sorts of things.
But the basics might be the best thing to hope for (at first).
Done right.

Maybe there are better ideas out there?? Other approaches? What do you want from the dev?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:39:29 AM

Do we have developers to take over code? If dev is missing we can't do much without a good dev.
Our first mission as a community is to SAVE THESE MARKETS. We need everyone's help to do that!
We are already working behind the scenes with more than enough skill to get this ball rolling, and to take this much further than the Dev ever did during all 3 coins combined.
But that doesn't mean we won't be seeking help from the community when we need it. The community is what will make these coins succeed!
We could have the best development team in the world, but it will all be for nothing, if we can't save these markets NOW!
Fair enough. For now.

We need to save the CSO and LOL markets, FAST, or there won't be enough developers on earth to save these coins after that final nail in the coffin.

Brilliant question.
What does the community realistically expect from anyone picking up the pieces and building on these ashes?
If this is going to be the communities coin(s), then the community should have some say!!

Personally, I would be happy if the Dev could manage to get Betting up and running for all 3 coins.
But that would at least deliver what was promised before, even at a primitive level.

Done right.

Maybe there are better ideas out there?? Other approaches? What do you want from the dev?

A crazy idea could be, set up ESC as the main coin and set a relation between the others (1 ESC = x LOL or x CSO), when somebody place a bet, they do it in ESC, and wallet manage to exchange to LOL for a League of Legends games or CSO if it is Counter Strike. This will avoid ppl thinking in different coins. What do you think?
yellowduck2

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:54:19 AM

Fair enough. For now.

Brilliant question.

Done right.

A crazy idea could be, set up ESC as the main coin and set a relation between the others (1 ESC = x LOL or x CSO), when somebody place a bet, they do it in ESC, and wallet manage to exchange to LOL for a League of Legends games or CSO if it is Counter Strike. This will avoid ppl thinking in different coins. What do you think?

ESC is a good name because it can contain both LoL and CSO (esports) under one roof (and possibly further games). Also , ESC got working bet system on wallet already

There are a few successful community took over coin and we should work over that.
chinchs

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:06:15 AM

We may try to add Minerals for SC 2
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:07:53 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 04:24:52 AM by StormTheFront

That is a pretty crazy idea Grin

I am kind of partial to the traditional idea, that making that switch otherwise requires trading on the market.
That trading back and forth helps to stimulate all of the markets.
Which is great for investors.

However, what you propose does provide an insane level of convenience for the user.
Being able to place a bet in a Counter-Strike game with LOL coins...
and having the server convert and place your bet in the CSO coins equivelant...
then still pay you out in LOL coins??

I can't see many other ways to do all of that, without using the market to make all those coin swaps Wink Wink Sounds like an excellent feature to aim for!!

*edit*: I suppose the only concern, is that may take away from the unique nature of having 3 separate coins. Something to consider. But I still like that idea Wink creative!

*edit2*: that has to easily be a one million dollar idea. Right there.   This is the kind of stuff the old Dev had no use for?? and ignored when it was offered?? smRt guy. jeanyuz.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:32:27 AM

Another option might be a proof-of-burn or something for CSO and LOL to convert to ESC.
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:02:41 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 06:21:26 AM by StormTheFront

Another option might be a proof-of-burn or something for CSO and LOL to convert to ESC.
That is assuming that ESC is not dead. Which it is. News flash!

Nobody is going to "Proof-of-Burn" their LOL coins for CSO coins are they?
Just as little point in doing the same LOL -> ESC.
Or any other combination.
3 scam coins, are still 3 scam coins... even if you boil them down to one super scam coin.

The only intelligent way of doing that, is to create a 4th coin legitimately.
Then do your "Proof-of-Burn" black magic to all 3 old coins including ESC.

That is a whole lot of work, to get a very tiny amount of investor money back.
Literally, this guys scam was so pathetic, that it will not take much to reach those levels again. Probably double those numbers, in very little time, with any actual development that doesn't get the lights shut off after 1 month.

Sticking with all 3 coins is the best course of action to recoup investors losses. It also opens the doors to possibilities like the cross-betting coinswap suggested earlier Wink
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:07:29 AM

things are moving.....but where is the ESC dev ?

StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:19:32 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 11:51:43 AM by StormTheFront

things are moving.....but where is the ESC dev ?
Oh shit.... dude..... you need to do a whole bunch of reading Sad catch up time.

the ESC dev, is the same dev as the LOL and CSO dev.
He scammed everyone.
He did the same to ESC as he did to LOL.

No offense intended, and not to be rude, but if you want to discuss that prick or the "old" ESC..... then we politely request that you do that in his thread.
The one that he locked. Cheesy Tongue

This thread is here to clean up his mess. And attempt to recoup the losses inflicted upon investors who did not get out in time.
All 3 coins suffered the same fate, at the same hands, and so all 3 communities are being brought together.
To find a way forward.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:46:17 PM

My vote is for combining 3 into one.

thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:14:35 PM

And who would / how would you set the exchange rate between them ?
chinchs

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:20:40 PM

And who would / how would you set the exchange rate between them ?

maybe something like:

x / (amount of coins - premine)

You can normalize the value of the coin
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:21:41 PM

I get the appeal. I do.
But I am not sure you people are understanding the logic behind this.
There are absolutely no benefits to burning a new coin.

Why waste a perfectly good new coin?
At that rate, we would be better off starting fresh.
Leaving everyone behind, and letting you all invest in the new coin all over again.
The point here is to recoup your losses. From the old coins.

So say you do create a 4th coin all legitimate like, then you go and Proof-of-Burn 3 other scam coins into that one coin.
You are dealing with 3 totally different maximum coin levels.
Whatever your math, it will be a pain in the arse deciding who gets how much and why, and you will have to increase the maximum coin count for sure.
Some people burn in, others are long gone... so then your numbers are fudged even further.
Now what do you have?
An over-bloated and unstable mess, that you still can't get anyone to buy into.

So what happens, if unforeseen and uncontrollable problems arise.... and the 4th coin crashes hard, once again burning all investors?? the ones we were trying to help.
Are you going to suggest that we start a 5th coin?
So we can save the 4th coin, that was sent in to save the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st coins?

The whole idea was to clean up mess. Not create a new mess.

What benefit do you see to creating a new coin and burning all 3 into 1? How will that help recoup investor losses, or progress the aim of these coins?
thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:29:44 PM

I get the appeal. I do.
But I am not sure you people are understanding the logic behind this.
There are absolutely no benefits to burning a new coin.

Why waste a perfectly good new coin?
At that rate, we would be better off starting fresh.
Leaving everyone behind, and letting you all invest in the new coin all over again.
The point here is to recoup your losses. From the old coins.

So say you do create a 4th coin all legitimate like, then you go and Proof-of-Burn 3 other scam coins into that one coin.
You are dealing with 3 totally different maximum coin levels.
Whatever your math, it will be a pain in the arse deciding who gets how much and why, and you will have to increase the maximum coin count for sure.
Some people burn in, others are long gone... so then your numbers are fudged even further.
Now what do you have?
An over-bloated and unstable mess, that you still can't get anyone to buy into.

So what happens, if unforeseen and uncontrollable problems arise.... and the 4th coin crashes hard, once again burning all investors?? the ones we were trying to help.
Are you going to suggest that we start a 5th coin?
So we can save the 4th coin, that was sent in to save the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st coins?

The whole idea was to clean up mess. Not create a new mess.

What benefit do you see to creating a new coin and burning all 3 into 1? How will that help recoup investor losses, or progress the aim of these coins?

+1

We should concentrate to make each of the coins valuable. And I am not strictly speaking in terms of fiat money. More like find use for the coin.

Like for CSO, I really liked the idea to have a wallet, there you can start a PvP match with live betting. And winning team takes the pot. Splits it then proportionally between members.

That would make the coin usable, and give it value.

I don't want to exchange crypto to fiat first, to have some use of it. I want to use crypto.
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:38:43 PM

Just make total coins of new coin = total number of coins in current 3 coins

Then premine coins and offer everyone the right amount of new coins. Maybe just merge all 3 into just esports coin.

Easier to work on one than three. Less work. 3 communities combine into one. Better focus on one instead of three
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:46:54 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 10:22:52 PM by StormTheFront

+1

We should concentrate to make each of the coins valuable. And I am not strictly speaking in terms of fiat money. More like find use for the coin.

Like for CSO, I really liked the idea to have a wallet, there you can start a PvP match with live betting. And winning team takes the pot. Splits it then proportionally between members.

That would make the coin usable, and give it value.
+2

We need ideas coming in, and we need to hear what the community wants.
Some of those ideas won't get used.
But if you can explain yourself well enough, and others agree with your ideas.... then you are going to get heard.
Don't be discouraged.

Don't abuse that system either. Help it grow. Because the community is what should and will shape this project.

@thefrog
What you just said, is the exact aim here.
Increase the value of each coin, by giving it an actual use and making it attractive to investors again.
The best way to accomplish that, is like you said.
And those are the suggestions that any future Devs will need to hear... what features you all want, how the wallet should work, how we can make this better than the original plans, what should be first (etc)

Unless we hear any great explanation as to the benefit of burning a 4th coin, we should concentrate on the 3 we have and how to get value back in them.
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:18:25 PM

Easier to work on one than three. Less work. 3 communities combine into one. Better focus on one instead of three

Your math aside, because not many are going to agree no matter who makes that call.....

What you are suggesting is a cosmetic change that sounds great on paper.
Combine 3 into 1, and all you gotta do is work on one.
Except you just made it much more than 3 times harder to get any value for the original investors. Which is the entire point here.
We are not interested in handicapping our efforts.

By the time you go to all of that trouble, any rational person would just create a new coin and never look back.
Some people like to be paid for their time, instead of donating their time to others.
Everyone has their limits.

I will say this one last time.

If you were a Dev, and you were going to create a new coin, and someone said "Hey! why don't you include these 3 shitty scam coins, and ruin all of your chances at success?"
Then I hope you would say "No." for your own sake.
Very clearly, understand these words: someone is offering to help put value back into the coin you are bagholding for. They do not have to do that.

And since it is only the ESC crowd, who seem to think their coin is superior and should swallow all other coins..... don't forget, LOL has the highest maximum coin count.
If anything, we would be burning ESC into LOL. do you want that??
All 3 of these coins are equally worthless, and all 3 of these coins are equally dead.
Without the OP, and this thread, and this effort..... you would all be walking into the sunset holding your empty bags that are filled with your losses and your tears.
That could still happen.
Not out of the woods yet, that is for sure.

It has been explained to death that combining these coins makes recouping your losses more difficult for the Dev, adds no benefits whatsoever, creates more work, and handicaps the entire goal here.
Unless there is any new explanation as to how combining could help in any way...
Lets move on.
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:29:09 PM

lol I am out of here
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:35:29 PM

lol I am out of here

Happy to have suggestions here.

Don't need the same one suggested without explaining any benefit whatsoever.
Discussion is welcome.
As much as we need a community, we also need focus.
StormTheFront

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:56:57 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 11:14:12 PM by StormTheFront

UPDATE 2

THIS is what we need to concentrate on.  If those markets die, then there will be no development.  All investor funds will be lost for good.

For the cost of a few dollars, you can help stimulate the market enough to keep it alive.
If it stays alive we have a chance.
If we succeed, and you bought some CSO today for 70 satoshi..... then you might expect to see a tiny bit of profit from that. (by tiny I mean HUGE.)
Or sell it again. Keep your margins tight and stimulate it twice!

We are still way too close to the line, and total failure in the next 2 days is very possible.
Please help by stimulating the markets for both LOL and CSO.
Increase trade volume.
By any means necessary!!!

LOL - https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-LOL
CSO - https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-CSO
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: