Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:15:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God judge the nations?  (Read 4028 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:56:04 PM

No culture or society would ever condone wholesale genocide, much less ever admit to participating in it.
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:05:57 PM

What dance?  Unexpectedly, you yourself provided evidence of you belief in the existance of a Creator in trying to make your point.

Rather unexpectedly, I have to admit, but I am inclined to let go explaining the 'context' just for that little nugget.

Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:08:51 PM

What dance?  Unexpectedly, you yourself provided evidence of you belief in the existance of a Creator in trying to make your point.

Rather unexpectedly, I have to admit, but I am inclined to let go explaining the 'context' just for that little nugget.
By saying "god-instructed" genocide you conclude I admit a belief in a creator?Huh
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:18:59 PM

By saying "god-instructed" genocide you conclude I admit a belief in a creator?Huh
No that was not it; I guess you missed what I said in an earlier post.Ok, lets take some smaller steps on this.  What is your position on the use of the Death Penalty?

Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:20:48 PM

No that was not it; I guess you missed what I said in an earlier post.Ok, lets take some smaller steps on this.  What is your position on the use of the Death Penalty?
we are not talking about the death penalty.  This is exactly what I am talking about.  You would rather dance around the issue for months talking about other unrelated shit without ever making a  point.

Nonetheless we are not talking about a death penalty for a capital crime, we are talking about God's instructions to Moses that anyone who believes in a different god should be killed, murdered, terminated, put to death.  There is no context in which genocide is OK or akin to a death sentence for a heinous crime.  This is a death sentence for a belief in another god.  I know that in defense of your make-believe god you would like me to accept that this written instruction that allegedly occurred from God to Moses is merely a death sentence of its day for evil people and who am I to declare it right or wrong.  I will tell you (hopefully for the last fucking time) that I simply do not agree with this at all and none of your stupid fairy tale bullshit will convince me otherwise....ever.  The instructions in the bible in Deuteronomy that were conceived and written by man (since god is a fairy tale) are instructions for murder/genocide pure and simple.  It doesnt get any clearer than that.
Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:28:46 PM

I also suggest you start a thread about the death penalty and/or abortion if you would like to discus whether or not that is murder etc., you seem to be fascinated with the irrelevant.
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:35:10 PM

And, actually, we are talking about the Death Penalty here, according to the context.

Now, whether it was a just use of the DP is the question; but, no point even going there, if you think there is no valid use of the DP.

What then is your position on the DP?

Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:36:37 PM

And, actually, we are talking about the Death Penalty here, according to the context.

Now, whether it was a just use of the DP is the question; but, no point even going there, if you think there is no valid use of the DP.

What then is your position on the DP?
No we are not talking about the death penalty.  If you would like to discuss it, I have suggested numerous times that you start another thread.  We are talking about a biblical instruction that allegedly arose from the Lord telling Moses that anyone who believed in other gods should be killed. If you would like to think of this as a death sentence that is fine, but it is not akin to capital punishment.
Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:39:13 PM

Now, will you ever state your position and why?  Why do you think the context of the time made it OK for God to demand Moses to have others killed...if you even think that?  Why was this nothing more than a death penalty that was fair and just at the time?  Rather than dancing around for months and hundreds of posts thinking you are somehow cleverly leading me to see things your way (which aint gonna happen in ten thousand posts and ten million years) ...just say what the fuck it is you are thinking.
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:44:12 PM

To be honest, I don't know your position on the DP, and while given your general political stance, the odds are you are against it, for some reason I though there were circumstances that you thought it was just to use.

Well, not sure why you refuse to answer, so let me then ask this:

Would you agree that in the past half century (or so?), there is a growing number of folk who see the death penalty as not only cruel and unusual punishment, but that its use constitutes murder by the state, regardless of what it is used for?

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:50:29 PM

That would fall into the category of "dancing" around the issue.What does the death penalty have to do with the price of beans?  Are you suggesting the people the Israelite s murdered committed a crime and were sentenced to death by a jury of their peers?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:02:22 PM

Back to the original question Smiley
Does God judge the nations?
In my humble opinion God judge people, not nations, but there are exceptions in Bible.
If some country try to harm people or nation chosen by God (like Israel in the old testament) in order to protect his chosen people, God will destroy enemy nation.
It seems that old testament really was very brutal time but in the New testament situation is opposite.
We have just teaching, by Jesus, about love and forgiveness.
Personally, I much more like this part of Bible Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kittycatbtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:41:44 PM

Prove God first.
Rigon

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:26:57 AM

To be honest, I don't know your position on the DP, and while given your general political stance, the odds are you are against it, for some reason I though there were circumstances that you thought it was just to use.

Well, not sure why you refuse to answer, so let me then ask this:

Would you agree that in the past half century (or so?), there is a growing number of folk who see the death penalty as not only cruel and unusual punishment, but that its use constitutes murder by the state, regardless of what it is used for?
I could care less if you think I am for or against the DP or how the DP is viewed and if it is outlawed or brought back to use more.  I really cannot explain to you just how much I could care less about this irrelevant topic you seem obsessed to introduce.  My only point in this  thread  is that killing people...women and children.... as God instructed Moses simply because they believed in another god........ is 1) murder and is 2) wrong in ANY CONTEXT and at ANY TIME PERIOD.  That is how I feel and all your feet stomping cant change it in order for you to rationalize "God is good" in that old Testament bullshit.
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:36:34 AM

Not everyone agrees on what constitutes murder - what makes your interpretation the correct one, out of curiosity?

sana8410

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:03:00 PM

Not everyone agrees on what constitutes murder - what makes your interpretation the correct one, out of curiosity?
You are the only one who is attempting to redefine murder to fit your warped agenda.Every civilized person who has not been brainwashed to believe fairy tales are real know what murder is.
The Exodus, et al account are the very definition of murder/genocide, but you are the only one who is attempting to re-write the dictionary.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:16:26 PM

Does everyone agree about the death penalty and abortion?

Some say that doing those are murder, others do not.  Please, knock off the silliness about me redefining anything as if this subject is so esoteric.

Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:17:34 PM

Some say that doing those are murder, others do not.  Please, knock off the silliness about me redefining anything as if this subject is so esoteric.
How can the state murdering people not be considered as murder?

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
sana8410

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:24:52 PM

No one is talking about the death penalty or abortion.I know that you will never admit that you are wrong, but that doesn't matter.  You are wrong.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:25:06 PM

How can the state murdering people not be considered as murder?

Ok, how about this?

Are there folk who think Bush is a murderer regarding the Iraqi war?  Are there folk who disagree?Are there folk who think that Hiroshima and Nagasaki was murder, and those who think not?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: