Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★  (Read 119078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:24:23 AM

OK thanks. So these funds have not been touched yet. I suppose there is still BTC available from the original offer (ICO) being used to pay expenses.

The commitments on github clearly show that the tech-side of the coin(s) are very actively developed. I dont care if this done volountarily or paid by some ico, burned whatever thingy.

However, this is no company with a marketing department here.Its open-source, bottom-up, grass-root (full stop). Marketing in crypto does only work on a community basis. I also think that the dev is part of the community but he is not responsable for this.
Frankly, here is no community. If there ever was one its gone by now.
We need to build a new one from the ground with very few, positive people who are luckily still sticking around. I am ready to work on this task. And you?

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:35:43 AM

Alright you want to have some hangout mega fest from the community and try and make some plans?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

Alright you want to have some hangout mega fest from the community and try and make some plans?

Not directly, I think we need many small projects like your puzzle, yings community token and those inquireies to merchants from different people. Then we communicate on it and help out each other. Hang out is also nice. We just need a good vibe here imo. The rest might come from intrinsic motivation of individuals.

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 11:57:20 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 12:08:29 PM by prophetx

OK thanks. So these funds have not been touched yet. I suppose there is still BTC available from the original offer (ICO) being used to pay expenses.

The commitments on github clearly show that the tech-side of the coin(s) are very actively developed. I dont care if this done volountarily or paid by some ico, burned whatever thingy.

However, this is no company with a marketing department here.Its open-source, bottom-up, grass-root (full stop). Marketing in crypto does only work on a community basis. I also think that the dev is part of the community but he is not responsable for this.
We need to build a new one from the ground with very few, positive people who are luckily still sticking around. I am ready to work on this task. And you?

the dev is responsible because he took money, and therefor has an obligation or needs to return that money if he is not using it.

just because someone is by trade a "developer" does not preclude them from other responsibilities.  particularly since that address is either owned by an individual or some other kind of entity.

but clearly since none of that has been used and in the meantime viacoin has slipped in value, i can see where this project is going...and how much commitment it has...

frankly i am at the stage where i feel the transaction was fraudulent.
karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:08:18 PM

the dev is responsible because he took money, and therefor has an obligation or needs to return that money if he is not using it.

just because someone is by trade a "developer" does not preclude them from other responsibilities.  particularly since that address is either owned by an individual or some other kind of entity.

but clearly since none of that has been used and in the meantime viacoin has slipped in value, i can see where this project is going...and how much commitment it has...

I dont get you. Not long ago the notary was released. Now the devs work on custody chains. The implemenation of treechains in via will speed up tx/s which is usefull for projects like the clearinghouse ePeso token. There is blocktrust.org and this art authenfication project.

I see no detailed fancy whitepapers, roadmaps and stuff. I also would like to see this cause it would bring new members in which is important for community growth. However, its secondary if the the named developments come up.

btw: Viacoin has alot of commitment: as I can see there are 1173 commits Smiley https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/releases/tag/v0.10.5

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:52:45 PM

Why not sell your coin then and go away? It's trading at almost 2x the ICO price.
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 04:05:51 PM

I think the point is that you cant see where the funds are being spent and that there could be a marketing team using some of the funds.

Here is one way to look at how active developers are Viacoin is number 31
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=developer_score

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:19:32 PM

I think the point is that you cant see where the funds are being spent and that there could be a marketing team using some of the funds.

yeah and also have a look at the total commits during the last four weeks.... Anyway, this is the XCH thread and I am looking forward to custody chains https://gist.github.com/btcdrak/54319cacc5ebfba18eb7

btw, has anybody here an idea on how to approach marketing? That would be the first step before complaining that we have no funds for it. At least would it be more constructive in this way.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:23:03 PM

yeah and also have a look at the total commits during the last four weeks.... Anyway, this is the XCH thread and I am looking forward to custody chains https://gist.github.com/btcdrak/54319cacc5ebfba18eb7

btw, has anybody here an idea on how to approach marketing? That would be the first step before complaining that we have no funds for it. At least would it be more constructive in this way.

I wonder if using the twitter viatip bot and sending a few via to a bunch if influential bitcoin and crypto coin folks would perhaps get some more attention for Via?  I'm not sure, when you send a tip to someone can you send a message with it, like maybe a link to the Via thread or to the clearwallet?
karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:32:59 PM

Maybe also a fun action would be to give via incentives for facebook users to create their own clearinghouse coins.

So we could give them a little xch once they created their own token which they could use to tip each other. "here, you have a bobbycoin. Thanks for your Sallycoin" Would be fun and maybe some fb users might get deeper into the subject. Tipping bots for such tokens would then also become useful.

krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:00:34 PM

via or asset tipbot would be good who wants to program that?

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

via or asset tipbot would be good who wants to program that?

I guess that (asset tipbot) would be a valid question for the devs.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Maybe also a fun action would be to give via incentives for facebook users to create their own clearinghouse coins.

So we could give them a little xch once they created their own token which they could use to tip each other. "here, you have a bobbycoin. Thanks for your Sallycoin" Would be fun and maybe some fb users might get deeper into the subject. Tipping bots for such tokens would then also become useful.

Interesting, nice idea. But, to "tip" an asset they would need some Via for the tx fee. I think any asset tip bot is going to need people to also have a Via balance with them. Unless you are saying to get some marketing fees that this asset tip bot can use for the tx fees. Although, I guess the tips are really off blockchain, it's only deposit/withdraw that needs the fees.

Seems changetip watches all the socials. Does anyone know if their code is open source? (I expect not).
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 06:25:56 PM

No I think the tipbots are kinda "central" and you only pay fees when you ask the tipbot to withdraw to your address
doge tipbot is on github hold on

dogetipbot is forked from this
https://github.com/vindimy/altcointip
but I think that is only for reddit which would be a start
asset tipping would be great and xcp or xdp do not have that right now

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:36:50 PM

No I think the tipbots are kinda "central" and you only pay fees when you ask the tipbot to withdraw to your address

well, the community seems to see a value in asset tipbots. Btcdrak, whats your oppinion on this?

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:37:40 PM

Hmm... maybe over the long weekend I'll take a look at the code and see what I can come up with. But, it would cost money to host this... perhaps it could run on a free/cheap VPS at first.
krach
Legendary

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 06:44:37 PM

I think you can find a digial ocean promocode that should get you one or two months free.

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX

karmala

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:42:58 PM

I think you can find a digial ocean promocode that should get you one or two months free.

yeah, I think the funding is the last thing we should worry about. VIA/XCH will manage.

prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:28:28 PM

Why not sell your coin then and go away? It's trading at almost 2x the ICO price.

and btc is trading at almost 50% of the price at that ICO time

nice use of maths there buddy
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

I dont get you. Not long ago the notary was released. Now the devs work on custody chains. The implemenation of treechains in via will speed up tx/s which is usefull for projects like the clearinghouse ePeso token. There is blocktrust.org and this art authenfication project.

I see no detailed fancy whitepapers, roadmaps and stuff. I also would like to see this cause it would bring new members in which is important for community growth. However, its secondary if the the named developments come up.

btw: Viacoin has alot of commitment: as I can see there are 1173 commits Smiley https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/releases/tag/v0.10.5

at the very least some of the funds should be used to incubate projects, i.e., bounties for people/businesses using some of this stuff, implementing it into app's etc

who cares if we get tons of releases and no one is actually using it or building app's with it...

the storj people give away coins for a ton of stuff, that is proper community engagement....

anyway.... you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: