Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:25:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin TANKING...opinions on future outlook both nearterm and long term?  (Read 6546 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 11:45:04 AM

sooner or later an alt crash will drive most to ltc as the reserve

In your wildest dreams.

The only reserve in this business is BTC. A reserve currency means that other currencies are "priced" in the reserve. Litecoin had a brief period where that happened on a couple of exchanges but it never took hold. It´s rapidly becoming ´just another alt´. Now that the 0.01 resistance is broken, don´t expect it to ever return.

We´re into the next phase of cryptos.

BTC is a horrible "Reserve" the only reserve is still the local fiat each individual uses to get "goods and services".

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:47:42 PM

BTC is a horrible "Reserve" the only reserve is still the local fiat each individual uses to get "goods and services".

Alts are all priced in BTC for the most part. Most altcoin exchanges list their prices in fractions of BTC.

So the market is trading alts against BTC most of the time, not against fiat.
Timevortex

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:24:38 PM

Bitcoindark will probabley rise up in the top  2 or 3 spot....
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:28:41 PM

Why ?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 01:30:08 PM

Why ?

It's because he saw that it is up 27.15% (low market cap anyways) or he's a puppet account.
Bitcoindark is just another useless alt.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:33:01 PM

sold my LTC yday.. still sold on profit but i eel its gonna tank badly.

maybe even die.

yolo
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 03:20:53 PM

maybe even die.

lol a currency is "dead" if :

A. the volume robots stop faking volume

B. The volume drops naturally

its alive again when:

A. bag-holders that are always late to the market say it is.

that's why everyone on here is losing money maybe ha ha : D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:33:25 PM

maybe even die.

I remember when it started dropping below $2 everyone was saying the same.... this is exactly the time the whales will be buying in and planning pushing the price over $100 on next BTC bubble
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:34:19 PM

Whales have other toys these days.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

365 days ago price was $2...today it is $5....lol...

hi smoothie,

still thinking Litecoin won't hit 0.009 before end of the year? Wink

Perhaps you should get your facts straight. I said it wouldn't hold under 0.008 BTC for a full week before year-end after you claimed it would go below 0.008 by year end.

Remember the bet you declined? lol

Next time it would be good if you got the facts straight. Thanks  Grin Grin Grin

Here you go in case you have alzheimer's : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672196.msg7616443#msg7616443  Kiss

ah, whatever, it'll hold below 0.008 for a week and then go to 0.005 Cheesy  0.008 or 0.009, doesn't make much difference, if it's destined to go much lower.
Lol then why did you decline my bet back then?

Oh right because you truly didn't believe that could happen. Keep back pedaling buddy lol  Grin Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

devphp

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:39:07 PM

hi smoothie,

Perhaps you should get your facts straight. I said it wouldn't hold under 0.008 BTC for a full week before year-end after you claimed it would go below 0.008 by year end.

Next time it would be good if you got the facts straight. Thanks  Grin Grin Grin

Here you go in case you have alzheimer's : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672196.msg7616443#msg7616443  Kiss

ah, whatever, it'll hold below 0.008 for a week and then go to 0.005 Cheesy  0.008 or 0.009, doesn't make much difference, if it's destined to go much lower.

Oh right because you truly didn't believe that could happen. Keep back pedaling buddy lol  Grin Roll Eyes

I declined your terms of the bet because they were very much in your favor. I set the terms which were neutral for both of us, but you naturally refused to accept them. If you have amnesia, I'm here to remind Smiley
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

I see people talking about price, but no one is talking bout security. Litecoin has huge hash power, no other alt is even anywhere close, all other alts are vulnerable to 51% attack. Also Litecoin is traded on Bitfinex with leverage and that makes the volatility even bigger than before. Litecoin will follow in bitcoin's footsteps as the Scrypt asics proliferate and the difficulty and hash power continue to grow. All we need is a nice financial crisis somewhere in the world and watch Bitcoin and Litecoin explode. It is only a matter of time!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:06:38 PM

The problem with Litecoin is.....what is the point...all it differs from Bitcoin is speed of transaction. That's it. Any issue with Bitcoin's speed is easily solved by merchants going through backend service providers willing to insure that cup of coffee at 0 confirmations, and the odds of such daily low-cost business deals being double spent is very, very low.

It has no household name status like Bitcoin and in fact the name itself is probably poisonous from a marketing standpoint, people associate Lite as being something generic or inferior to the original i.e Diet Coke.

Faster confirmation coins are nice but they should do alot more than just be a copy of Bitcoin to justify their existence.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:51:25 PM

The problem with Litecoin is.....what is the point...all it differs from Bitcoin is speed of transaction. That's it. Any issue with Bitcoin's speed is easily solved by merchants going through backend service providers willing to insure that cup of coffee at 0 confirmations, and the odds of such daily low-cost business deals being double spent is very, very low.

It has no household name status like Bitcoin and in fact the name itself is probably poisonous from a marketing standpoint, people associate Lite as being something generic or inferior to the original i.e Diet Coke.

Faster confirmation coins are nice but they should do alot more than just be a copy of Bitcoin to justify their existence.

I used to say the same thing until very recently. I have had some LTC for awhile now but they sat in a wallet 95% of the time. I NEVER thought of the faster transaction times as a benefit and always thought Bitcoin was fast enough for the risk involved, as you stated.

It was only when I started moving coins to an Android wallet and actually buying and moving them around (along with Bitcoin) that I saw how much nicer the faster transactions are. 

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:41:31 PM

hi smoothie,

Next time it would be good if you got the facts straight. Thanks  Grin Grin Grin

Here you go in case you have alzheimer's : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672196.msg7616443#msg7616443 Kiss

ah, whatever, it'll hold below 0.008 for a week and then go to 0.005 Cheesy  0.008 or 0.009, doesn't make much difference, if it's destined to go much lower.

Oh right because you truly didn't believe that could happen. Keep back pedaling buddy lol  Grin Roll Eyes

I declined your terms of the bet because they were very much in your favor. I set the terms which were neutral for both of us, but you naturally refused to accept them. If you have amnesia, I'm here to remind Smiley

Back then that is your take that it was in my favor. But remember you were the one that was so sure LTC would tank so I only called you out in a manner that would confirm your claims if you had accepted my bet and to me that would have been fair as you made the initial claim, I just pushed you to back your mouth up with actual coin/money. We both know how that ended. lol  Roll Eyes

Nice try but it would seem you are the one with amnesia as you couldn't even remember the value we were discussing. 0.009 and 0.008 are not the same lol.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:51:03 PM

sooner or later an alt crash will drive most to ltc as the reserve

In your wildest dreams.

The only reserve in this business is BTC. A reserve currency means that other currencies are "priced" in the reserve. Litecoin had a brief period where that happened on a couple of exchanges but it never took hold. It´s rapidly becoming ´just another alt´. Now that the 0.01 resistance is broken, don´t expect it to ever return.

We´re into the next phase of cryptos.

The 0.01 resistance was broken last year. This is not new territory. In November it went to 0.0075, then a reverse in fortune occurred and it sprang back to 0.042 ........... in the same month!

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
devphp

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:55:29 AM

Back then that is your take that it was in my favor. But remember you were the one that was so sure LTC would tank so I only called you out in a manner that would confirm your claims if you had accepted my bet and to me that would have been fair as you made the initial claim, I just pushed you to back your mouth up with actual coin/money. We both know how that ended. lol  Roll Eyes

Nice try but it would seem you are the one with amnesia as you couldn't even remember the value we were discussing. 0.009 and 0.008 are not the same lol.

And I still hold my belief that LTC will tank, that's exactly why it doesn't matter if it was 0.008 or 0.009 that was in the bet, because it's going to 0.005 and lower Smiley Your terms were very unfair and I couldn't accept them even with full belief of the Litecoin's sad destiny, as I like to play fair and only deal with honest people who like to do the same Smiley

The 0.01 resistance was broken last year. This is not new territory. In November it went to 0.0075, then a reverse in fortune occurred and it sprang back to 0.042 ........... in the same month!

There were very prominent pumpers of Litecoin back then, but they sold at the top and lost interest Smiley
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:40:24 AM

This is just a bookmark for me, will post more tomorrow Smiley.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:15:22 AM

Back then that is your take that it was in my favor. But remember you were the one that was so sure LTC would tank so I only called you out in a manner that would confirm your claims if you had accepted my bet and to me that would have been fair as you made the initial claim, I just pushed you to back your mouth up with actual coin/money. We both know how that ended. lol  Roll Eyes

And I still hold my belief that LTC will tank, that's exactly why it doesn't matter if it was 0.008 or 0.009 that was in the bet, because it's going to 0.005 and lower Smiley Your terms were very unfair and I couldn't accept them even with full belief of the Litecoin's sad destiny, as I like to play fair and only deal with honest people who like to do the same Smiley

There were very prominent pumpers of Litecoin back then, but they sold at the top and lost interest Smiley

Your definition of "Fair" has little to do with being honest. My reputation is 100% clean with only honest deals. Nice attempt at being passively aggressive. Doesn't work on me buddy lol  Grin Grin Grin

Like I said keep back pedaling. Sure was funny to see you call me out just to get corrected on what you thought happened.

Your view of what is fair and what I believe is fair doesn't constitute one or the other is right or wrong. But you have to concede you made the claim and then when getting called out on it in a bet you basically backed out because you didn't like the "terms".

Not surprising.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

devphp

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:27:04 AM

Your definition of "Fair" has little to do with being "honest". My reputation is 100% clean with only honest deals. Nice attempt at being passively aggressive. Doesn't work on me buddy lol  Grin Grin Grin

Like I said keep back pedaling. Sure was funny to see you call me out just to get corrected on what you thought happened.

Your view of what is fair and what I believe is fair doesn't constitute one or the other is right or wrong. But you have to concede you made the claim and then when getting called out on it in a bet you basically backed out because you didn't like the "terms".

Not surprising.  Roll Eyes

You may have a 100% clean reputation in making deals doing trades, but this doesn't have anything to do with your attempt to take advantage of the counterparty when making a bet. Which in my book registers as playing unfair. Sure, you like to win, who doesn't, but I see that principles of noble conduct are a vague concept to you. Well, it talks much about your upbringing and what has been embedded as moral conduct unto you when you were in tender age. That basically defines what a man is in his later age. I don't care if you did thousands of trades with other people, you tried to take advantage of me in our bet and you were called out, simple as that. Now stop being a baby and calling me aggressive, be a man.

Oh, and Litecoin is still going below 0.008 in 2014.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: