Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 [855] 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375270 times)
lhedwin

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

life is simple!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:45:43 AM

Is Solo mining profitable at 100khash/s?

NYXCOIN - The future of Investment and eCommerce - NYXCOIN
▬▬▬▬ AsicResistant ┃ InstantSend ┃ PrivatSend ┃ Investment ┃ Masternode ▬▬▬▬
BitcoinTalk • Twitter • Facebook • Slac • Discord • Github

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dqy007

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:45:36 AM

Net Hashrate    100,255.56 KH/s

but,Pool Hashrate  38,148.81 KH/s
the difference between the two is so big
other is solo? Shocked
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 07:52:36 AM

Net Hashrate    100,255.56 KH/s

but,Pool Hashrate  38,148.81 KH/s
other is solo? Shocked

Yes, I guess the big greedy guys are a bit ashamed and don't dare to go into the pools anymore.
Yesterday there was a guy with around 20000 KH/s. I guess he's on solo now.
Look at the reward, it's around 1 again.

Actually it means, XMG is business as usual!
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:58:32 AM

other is solo? Shocked

I've noticed that somebody want to lose money again and stop mining until difficulty will be reasonable again. Any news about the windows wallet?
I tried to synchronize it last night but no luck, stuck at the same unlucky block  number.

Later edit:
Sorry, just seen the post above.
Works like a charm, thank you!
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:38:44 AM

other is solo? Shocked

I've noticed that somebody want to lose money again and stop mining until difficulty will be reasonable again. Any news about the windows wallet?
I tried to synchronize it last night but no luck, stuck at the same unlucky block  number.

Later edit:
Sorry, just seen the post above.
Works like a charm, thank you!
Good to hear that the new wallet is working - I'll try it out when I get back to my wallet =)
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:41:06 AM

Awesome Joe. Lots of credits for you during this hard week. Well done!

XMG Wallet Version 1.4.1.1 works fine!
No errors in log files, good job.
oxothuk

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:41:15 AM

looks good to me.

@crackfoo    How much confirmations required for XMG block to be confirmed?
I see a lot founded XMG blocks  with 200+ confirmations and still "Immature".

Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:26:04 AM

Net Hashrate    100,255.56 KH/s

but,Pool Hashrate  38,148.81 KH/s
other is solo? Shocked

Yes, I guess the big greedy guys are a bit ashamed and don't dare to go into the pools anymore.
Yesterday there was a guy with around 20000 KH/s. I guess he's on solo now.
Look at the reward, it's around 1 again.

Actually it means, XMG is business as usual!

Yep. When I knew that you can still mine a coin with the CPU it was great. Knowing people still think this way and have a fair coin...but it looks lie some people are using data centers for this...
People (humans) look for opportunities, guess you can't tell them to keep their hashrate low. When they see an opportunity they will take it regardless of what you think of them.
Apprentice

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:26:37 AM

looks good to me.

guess it is now 500
oxothuk

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:00:25 AM

looks good to me.

guess it is now 500

Yes, Im blind... in pool against block digits Smiley   Immature (337/520) 

Yep. When I knew that you can still mine a coin with the CPU it was great. Knowing people still think this way and have a fair coin...but it looks lie some people are using data centers for this...
People (humans) look for opportunities, guess you can't tell them to keep their hashrate low. When they see an opportunity they will take it regardless of what you think of them.

It is big problem, I have no datacenters but have a lot clients with android phones, and can  generate big amount of hr... and  seems I can affect to difficulty and reward.

I asked above about this.. I or someone else can do simple "attack",  make big hr, wait until others disconnects becaues no real profit.. then down hr and get all coins with big block reward.
ofc there can be many big players, who will fight with each other.. but anyway i doesnt seems fair for solo miners Smiley

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:24:33 AM

Magi is aware of this and its an item on the Magi Roadmap. Big miners will look for fast profit. If the unique blockreward system drops the rewards it will not give them enough profit & they will move to other coins.
The idea of Magi is to be more fair than other currencies like btc or others. Everybody in the world can mine Magi with a simple computer. So everybody can earn some XMG. In the world a $ gives different value. For somebody its not much and for others its a lot. With other currencies you need money to get more money. So if you have a huge miningfarm you can collect more money with mining btc. The rich get richer.
Sure Magi will need more improvements in the future but remember Magi team is not huge & it will take time to find the end point were all things will be as Magi likes it to be.

Personal i'am with Magi from the start. I'am not looking for fast money (gave more than 100k XMG away with campaigns & give-aways) but i like the whole idea about Magi.
If Magi can achieve this goal than whole world will look at this unique decentralized currency.
Everybody who liked the help with this feel welcome!

Regards
111magic

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
edward0181

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 10:31:53 AM

Magi is aware of this and its an item on the Magi Roadmap. Big miners will look for fast profit. If the unique blockreward system drops the rewards it will not give them enough profit & they will move to other coins.
The idea of Magi is to be more fair than other currencies like btc or others. Everybody in the world can mine Magi with a simple computer. So everybody can earn some XMG. In the world a $ gives different value. For somebody its not much and for others its a lot. With other currencies you need money to get more money. So if you have a huge miningfarm you can collect more money with mining btc. The rich get richer.
Sure Magi will need more improvements in the future but remember Magi team is not huge & it will take time to find the end point were all things will be as Magi likes it to be.

Personal i'am with Magi from the start. I'am not looking for fast money (gave more than 100k XMG away with campaigns & give-aways) but i like the whole idea about Magi.
If Magi can achieve this goal than whole world will look at this unique decentralized currency.

Regards
111magic

I'm just a big fan of this coin, because of the coin reward system. And looking at the way issues have been solved over past time, I'm confident that Magi will improve even more. It's just a fun coin, where you can gain a few bucks with not much. Speculation on markets can increase gain faster then adding more MH/s on network and contribution to global warming.

Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:17:18 AM

Regards
111magic

And that is why i am giving XMG a full article in a local blog introducing it as a starter coin for others to learn about mining where almost no one knows anything about coins. Hopefully Joe can figure out how to penalize a single high hash miner but that will affect pools too and probably will distribute pool usage and make the coins more decentralized or make it more attractive to small time solo miner.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:21:30 AM

Regards
111magic

And that is why i am giving XMG a full article in a local blog introducing it as a starter coin for others to learn about mining where almost no one knows anything about coins. Hopefully Joe can figure out how to penalize a single high hash miner but that will affect pools too and probably will distribute pool usage and make the coins more decentralized or make it more attractive to small time solo miner.
Thanks Myth888 thats very nice! Sure our friendly Magi community appriciate a full article!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
mozsi

Activity: 113

bunny

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:25:29 AM

Regards
111magic

Hi,

I must admit I am a Magi fan since its launch, it is a promising coin with focus on decentralization and fairness.

It is in constant development and I fully agree with you. We must somehow find a way to penalize big miners while small miners could still earn their Magi, because the current reward system takes away from everyone not just from those who are trying to put big hash on the network.

Other thing I fully agree with you is that Magi should become SOLO ONLY mining coin. Maybe Joe thinks about this sometime soon.

cheers

hey there
Myth888

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:29:45 AM

Regards
111magic

Thanks Myth888 thats very nice! Sure our friendly Magi community appriciate a full article!

That will hopefully increase the adoption in a country where i think i am the lone user... hahaha
checking this map https://poolinfo.systms.org/map/ made me the lonely XMG user in my region...hahaha
Unfortunately I wont be able to share the article here as it would be in my native language and there doesnt seem to be anyone else using XMG where I am from. Hopefully that will change.
Apprentice

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:51:23 AM

[/quote]

That will hopefully increase the adoption in a country where i think i am the lone user... hahaha
checking this map https://poolinfo.systms.org/map/ made me the lonely XMG user in my region...hahaha
Unfortunately I wont be able to share the article here as it would be in my native language and there doesnt seem to be anyone else using XMG where I am from. Hopefully that will change.
[/quote]

I don't think the map accurate. My location is not on it.
oxothuk

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:05:15 PM

Other thing I fully agree with you is that Magi should become SOLO ONLY mining coin. Maybe Joe thinks about this sometime soon.
cheers

It is impossible, botnets or other net`s will get all revenue Smiley   
Myth888

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:41:41 PM

[/quote]

I don't think the map accurate. My location is not on it.
[/quote]

Map is actually based on your ISP report. There are only 2 ISP in our country and both do report location but not exact location. Im actually reported to be about 300-400 kms away from my actual location. I think it is also based if your wallet is actually connected to their wallets as a  peer.
Myth888

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:45:18 PM

cheers

It is impossible, botnets or other net`s will get all revenue Smiley   

If it is to become a solo only mining then that will actually kill most of the botnets and other malware. This would actually be the 1st computer only mining coin that would not allow botnets to prosper. Downside is pools would also be affected.
Pages: « 1 ... 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 [855] 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: