Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][ZEN][Pre-sale] Zennet: Decentralized Supercomputer - Official Thread  (Read 57047 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xenmaster (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 12:03:44 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 12:31:42 PM by xenmaster

I was just wondering what are the security measures that would be set to prevent abuse? DDos attacks for example?

The provider will able to block (or limit) any network connections outside the publisher's box (we might block it by default to avoid such concerns). Providers may block data persistence as well. They will also be able to work with specific trusted publishers (such as a University). That's where the beauty lies - it's an open and free market. It's all up to participant's decisions and preferences, including the pricing.

As for security on the provider's PC itself, it all runs in a restricted VM and the publisher does not gain elevated access even inside the Docker box, not to mention elevated or non-elevated access to the VM containing the boxes, not to mention access to the OS running the VM.

If a client is looking for say 1000 computers worth of computational power, would the client and each "Seller" have to follow these steps:

Yes, each step is required for any single pair of publisher and provider, and this points to why we need a dedicated coin.

Do the 1000 computers form a cluster acting like one supercomputer?

Yes.

Let us tell something about supercomputers: the fastest one in the world does 33 Petaflops. Like 8000 AMD 280X GPU, which exist maybe in every average western city. They hired 1300 engineers to build this giant computer. And still, not every researcher gets instant access to it..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikerutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

im confused...is this a coin or what? if it is whats the details. sorry for the noob questions, just very unfamiliar with this.
xenmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 07:09:52 AM

im confused...is this a coin or what? if it is whats the details. sorry for the noob questions, just very unfamiliar with this.

Maybe listening to the podcast (see on bottom of the main post) will give you some introduction.
xenmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:29:42 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 03:30:06 PM by xenmaster

Xennet Bug Bounty Announcement

We at Xennet are committed to top quality. That’s one of the reasons why Xennet article, RFC and SDD are publicly available; but merely making them public, doesn’t accomplish anything if people don’t read them.

For this reason, Xennet bug bounty provide an opportunity for people who find a serious flaw in our plan to be compensated.

We offer 1 BTC to the first person that points out a serious flaw in our plan to build xennet supercomputer, that will cause us to make a change accordingly.

Note: The RFC and SDD documents still describe the traditional VM design. The current design as described here at BTT and in Xennet article was written after we have moved to OS virtualization, among some other changes.
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:22:06 AM

Guys you need first to do POD for this ICO. Many investors want it today

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:33:38 PM

when can we start mining / buying ? ^^
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

Quite detailed information given on your website , it was a long read  Cheesy . When is the pre-sale btw ?
xenmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:08:01 PM

Thank you for your interest about Xennet.
Full details about the presale will soon be given (~1 month).
YNWA2806

Activity: 398

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:38:56 AM

Sounds cool, keeping my eye on this one!

Tons of coding though.....can you elaborate on the status of development?? any Roadmap?
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:47:51 AM

My participation depends only on the amount of BTC looking to be raised. If your looking to raise in the area of 600, than I'm all in and even sends respected BTC amount....Nevertheless if its going to be another SYS, SWARM or other monstrous ICO than I'm out of here.....please seriously consider an Investment Cap of the total amount raised...too much mega ICOs lately and practically all of them very disapointing
BreakoutCoins

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:58:42 PM

My participation depends only on the amount of BTC looking to be raised. If your looking to raise in the area of 600, than I'm all in and even sends respected BTC amount....Nevertheless if its going to be another SYS, SWARM or other monstrous ICO than I'm out of here.....please seriously consider an Investment Cap of the total amount raised...too much mega ICOs lately and practically all of them very disapointing
+1
ohad

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 03:32:03 PM

+1

Gentlemen,
As YNWA2806 wrote, "tons of code". If you can make this product with only 600BTC, please come to work with us. You must be top devs.
Please take some time to understand the size of the project (Xennet, XenFS, Xentube and some more). Also note the various expertises needed. Personally I have them all but this project is too big to finish it by myself within a reasonable time.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
siliconchip

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:05:32 AM

only IPO,no freeaway?  Huh Huh

profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

Will you make this open source?
xenmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 08:35:03 AM

Will you make this open source?

Not only open source, but fully decentralized, no middleman, we can't earn a penny once the system is out.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:30:12 AM

Looks epic!  Shocked
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:35:32 AM

+1

Gentlemen,
As YNWA2806 wrote, "tons of code". If you can make this product with only 600BTC, please come to work with us. You must be top devs.
Please take some time to understand the size of the project (Xennet, XenFS, Xentube and some more). Also note the various expertises needed. Personally I have them all but this project is too big to finish it by myself within a reasonable time.

so when do you think the ico will be released and abouth how high will be the mcap ?
ohad

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:40:03 AM

+1

Gentlemen,

so when do you think the ico will be released and abouth how high will be the mcap ?

Full details will be given in a few weeks (or even days).
As the the mcap, recall that this is a much larger market than known so far in the world of crypto (I'm speaking about the market of distributed arbitrary native computation of course). So I expect it to begin with billions. We also thought much about a fair coin distribution.
As said, very soon details will be released.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:43:07 AM

+1

Gentlemen,

As the the mcap, recall that this is a much larger market than known so far in the world of crypto (I'm speaking about the market of distributed arbitrary native computation of course). So I expect it to begin with billions. We also thought much about a fair coin distribution.

Did you do tech feasibility research of this coin, sometimes theory is good but it is not realistic, and how can we know you or your team has the ability to complete this project, can you share some information?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
xenmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:05:13 AM

+1

Gentlemen,

Did you do tech feasibility research of this coin, sometimes theory is good but it is not realistic, and how can we know you or your team has the ability to complete this project, can you share some information?

Feasibility research was done intensively and is reflected from the public technical documents, which are deep and wide far more than common in new crypto projects.
Up to now, even with media exposure and a bounty, no one found a flaw.
You're welcome to check our dev's LinkedIn and get some impression about the ability, this in addition to the professional documents.
We will gladly get into any public technical questions, questionings, discussion, suggestions etc.
So take some time to read the docs, and you might find a flaw and win the bounty!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: