Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT Quick Start Guide For Newbies!  (Read 54325 times)
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 04:52:31 PM

I see now D&T. 

So is BAMT not working out for your rigs with cgminer?  I thought it was included so it is pretty much plug and play.  Huh

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 04:55:18 PM

BAMT is x86 only.  That means no 8 GPU rigs (at least I have never gotten it to work).  I am converting all my rigs to 8 GPU rigs for improved efficiency.   The other minor annoyance is you need to build cgminer from source if you want to upgrade.  There are no x86 binaries for cgminer so it isn't as easy a "wget" and decompress.

If you only want to use 6 ( not sure about 7) GPU per rig then I found BAMT very "plug and play".  
Download the img, use the writer to write it to a USB stick.  BAMT includes a "fixer" daemon which downloads and installs hotfixes.  Very nice "setup" it just doesn't work w/ 8 GPUs. Sad  I held out hope because developer said he was testing x64 version but "it didn't work".  I guess it was a closed beta so I was never able to try it out.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:45:18 PM

I have the x64 0.5 BAMT image if you want to try it out. PM me.

I believe lodcrappo said stability issues were the biggest problem he was having with it.  Also that he didn't have an 8 gpu rig for proper testing (solely beta testers).

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
lodcrappo

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 03:50:35 PM

If you do want to set the clock speeds then scroll down to you see
core_speed_0 : ####
etc and plug in your speeds and take of the "# "

no, no, no

A number of people have been locking up their cards this way lately.  Silly me to think miners would know what the ATI profiles are for.

*Do* *not* change  anything except profile 2, except in very specific situations.  If you don't know why you need to change profile 1 or 0 (rare) then *do* *not* change them!  You will lock up your rig or cause it to be unstable at a much lower clock rate than is normal.

They are commented out (disabled) in the config for a reason.  Don't uncomment anything, ever, unless you know why.

I'm LodCrappo, and I appove of this message.
lodcrappo

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 03:53:27 PM

BAMT is x86 only.  That means no 8 GPU rigs (at least I have never gotten it to work).  I am converting all my rigs to 8 GPU rigs for improved efficiency.   The other minor annoyance is you need to build cgminer from source if you want to upgrade.  There are no x86 binaries for cgminer so it isn't as easy a "wget" and decompress.

If you only want to use 6 ( not sure about 7) GPU per rig then I found BAMT very "plug and play".  
Download the img, use the writer to write it to a USB stick.  BAMT includes a "fixer" daemon which downloads and installs hotfixes.  Very nice "setup" it just doesn't work w/ 8 GPUs. Sad  I held out hope because developer said he was testing x64 version but "it didn't work".  I guess it was a closed beta so I was never able to try it out.

7 GPUs works fine. 

8 does not work.

There will be an x64 bamt once:

a) more people whine about not being 64 than whine about not being 32

or

b) i can afford to put in the time to maintain 2 images

Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 04:09:48 PM

no, no, no

A number of people have been locking up their cards this way lately.  Silly me to think miners would know what the ATI profiles are for.

*Do* *not* change  anything except profile 2, except in very specific situations.  If you don't know why you need to change profile 1 or 0 (rare) then *do* *not* change them!  You will lock up your rig or cause it to be unstable at a much lower clock rate than is normal.

They are commented out (disabled) in the config for a reason.  Don't uncomment anything, ever, unless you know why.

I believe lowering mem clocks, which is incredibly common, requires setting all 3 profile levels.  You will have problems if you try and have your memory at 1000, 1000, and 280.

lodcrappo

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 04:39:18 PM

no, no, no

A number of people have been locking up their cards this way lately.  Silly me to think miners would know what the ATI profiles are for.

*Do* *not* change  anything except profile 2, except in very specific situations.  If you don't know why you need to change profile 1 or 0 (rare) then *do* *not* change them!  You will lock up your rig or cause it to be unstable at a much lower clock rate than is normal.

They are commented out (disabled) in the config for a reason.  Don't uncomment anything, ever, unless you know why.

I believe lowering mem clocks, which is incredibly common, requires setting all 3 profile levels.  You will have problems if you try and have your memory at 1000, 1000, and 280.

Some GPUs will not let you set a value in profile X that is lower than profile X-1.  Others don't care.

AFAIK there is never any reason to adjust profiles 0 and 1 unless you want to lower things in profile 2 and the card won't let you.  A number of people lately seem to be just setting all 3 profiles to their o/c settings, which pretty much guarantees their rig will lock up often and hard.

Stick to profile 2 unless you know why you need to change something else.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 05:06:15 PM

Some GPUs will not let you set a value in profile X that is lower than profile X-1.  Others don't care.

AFAIK there is never any reason to adjust profiles 0 and 1 unless you want to lower things in profile 2 and the card won't let you.  A number of people lately seem to be just setting all 3 profiles to their o/c settings, which pretty much guarantees their rig will lock up often and hard.

Stick to profile 2 unless you know why you need to change something else.

I edited all three fields to.... *drumroll please*  all the default values provided in AMDOvrdrivectrl with the exception of profile 2 which are the settings that I've found my cards to be stable at.  Of all the options in the conf file, I found this to be the most intuitive...  Strange people are having issues with this.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:10:50 AM

Open Win32 Disk Imager and select the image file bamt_v0.5c.img
Next select your usb drive letter under the Device dropdown menu

I can't get w32di to work on my win7x64 machine. the drop-down drive selector just stays blank.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:41:47 AM

+1000 for this guide...was able to setup bamt and finally get more then one card to work...although the setup fought me every step of the way, i was able to figure it out...and alittle help from tech1 on IRC...Thanks!!! keep up the good work

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Economics

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:41:29 AM

Yes, the guide worked great.  Now I'm trying to use a Wireless PCI card and can't figure out where to start.

I can see wlan0 in 'iwconfig', but I don't see any GUI in the System Tray or Menu to set the SSID/key.  I can change /etc/network/interfaces, but that gets overwritten each boot because this is a live USB.

Any suggestions?

--E
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:11:21 PM

Bamt works great... Except for 1 thing... It will never go to auto boot, it freezes when it says "running bamt" i have to use the fail safe every time.... Any clues?

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hodginsa

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 06:23:25 PM

Bamt works great... Except for 1 thing... It will never go to auto boot, it freezes when it says "running bamt" i have to use the fail safe every time.... Any clues?

I would guess that some driver and/or piece of hardware that doesn't run in fail safe mode is causing an error, so when you run normal, it tries to start but hangs instead.
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

I would guess that some driver and/or piece of hardware that doesn't run in fail safe mode is causing an error, so when you run normal, it tries to start but hangs instead.

Eh, figured it was something beyond my control. Failsafe works fine tho, i only restart the rig like once a week or even less... But was just trying to have backup when power goes down or something...  Thanks tho!

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:30:58 AM

i have this bamt problem - anybody can help?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493395.msg5438366#msg5438366

finanso

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:59:01 PM

Hi. I have newest BAMT but I have problem with power off..

After some time of mining (~30min) X11, bamt just going off.

I have power lost [ON] on motherboard and bamt is coming back to desktop.

Any ideas?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: