Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:38:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NSFW] Girls of Reddit's r/GoneWild  (Read 144727 times)
Tuxavant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 10:27:12 AM

Ok, I just allocated 50% of the bounty to the first woman who does a youtube video tutorial on writing first bits to their body.

We WILL make this work... but we need donations to the bounty as an incentive. Eventually, the bounty will reach a point of critical mass and no woman will be able to ignore it. PLEASE DONATE to increase the pot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:14:04 PM

maybe we should write up clear and easy guide. probably best done as a youtube video?

Super idea!
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:24:17 PM

can we please write up a comprehensive guide HERE and THEN post it?
the amount of info in different threads is too much.
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 12:30:30 PM

The definitive "guide" is being built on the sidebar at /r/GirlsGoneBitcoin. The FAQs and instructions are slowly coming together but it's completely evolutionary as we figure out the best ways to do this. I'll take suggestions anywhere its convenient for you guys to deliver.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:45:32 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2012, 01:04:12 PM by 2weiX

A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE OF HOW TO PROFIT FROM GIRLSGONE/BITCOIN/GONEWILD

Bitcoin is an electronic currency.
What we like about it? It's not tied to a bank account. It moves freely between countries and it's not regulated. Its users are 90% (male?) nerds. All of this would tie into your target audience, one should think.

You can exchange Bitcoin for USD, EUR or almost any other currency at the biggest exchange, http://mtgox.com - if you're interested in how much one BTC is worth at the moment, visit http://bitcoinprices.com. You can also just spend them .[https://www.spendbitcoins.com/] on a variety of things from food to prepaid visas to amazon codes to silver and gold [http://bitcoincommodities.com].

But what's the idea?
The idea is that we, the internets, would maybe show some appreciation for what you're doing. We all know you love to show off, and we thouroughly enjoy it. But there's something to gain, too! So some of us over at bitcointalk.org decided to give the GWgirls a cheap shot at free money.

The easiest way to receive Bitcoins is probably the following:

* Visit https://blockchain.info/wallet
* choose "create a wallet"
* have them send you an email
* goto "Receive Money"
* copy the Bitcoin adress (starts with a "1", in my case: "14FvWGDbSoYZvBYP4d9H29LULzXqa33MKV") to your Clipboard
* goto http://btc.to
* Paste your Bitcoin Adress there
* receive a shortlink (in my case "http://btc.to/444")
* post that (your) shortlink to your photom write it on your.... parts.
* profit!

There is also an android app for the blockchain wallet which can link your wallet to your android phone, so you can always carry your cash with you.

You can also create a so-called QR-code, which is a rectangular icon.
Why?
So you may be able to cover up certain features of your pictures for redditors to "unlock" with tips.
To make it easier for users with smartphone wallets to tip you.

How so?
* go to your shortlink adress (in my case "http://btc.to/444")
* add a "/qr" to it (in my case "http://btc.to/444/qr")
* put the icon thingy in your pictures.
* profit!

Have fun!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:49:03 PM

2 things: btc.to probably isn't the best, firstbits are more reliable I would think. btc.to has a database of bitcoin addresses linked to a URL, whereas firstbits is possible to use even if the firstbits website is offline.

Second thing: for the QR code if you really want it, just append /qr to the end of the btc.to address, like this: https://btc.to/444/qr

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:51:15 PM

Following this thread as it's relevant to my interests.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:55:38 PM

2 things: btc.to probably isn't the best, firstbits are more reliable I would think. btc.to has a database of bitcoin addresses linked to a URL, whereas firstbits is possible to use even if the firstbits website is offline.

Second thing: for the QR code if you really want it, just append /qr to the end of the btc.to address, like this: https://btc.to/444/qr

i wanted to make it as easy as possible.
feel free to rewrite the segment including firstbits.
i tried creating a firstbits thing but it gave me an error message whereas btc.to never failed me and is easily rememberd (btc to --> "Bitcoin to...")
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:58:05 PM

i wanted to make it as easy as possible.
feel free to rewrite the segment including firstbits.
i tried creating a firstbits thing but it gave me an error message whereas btc.to never failed me and is easily rememberd (btc to --> "Bitcoin to...")
Ah yes, I forgot that firstbits won't work if there is nothing sent to the address. Probably can't expect them to be sending a satoshi to their new address just so that it shows in firstbits.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 02:20:48 PM

Genius!

2weiX, if you could please post your HOWTO FAQ to the subreddit, I'll link it to the sidebar and make you a mod. anyone else that has contributed to this project can ask to be a mod. I'll take the first 5.

Please donate to the bounty. $40 divided by 10 girls will only attract 3rd world country babes. Not that I'm against that, but you know what I mean.

Also, isn't BTC.TO run by our friends at mtgox?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 02:55:49 PM

Nooo, they have to use firstbits. Just tell them to go to a faucet.

edit: really this is important. firstbits on skin is awesome sexy perfect. web address is not.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 03:08:40 PM

I envision the most popular booth at CES 2013 will be the Bitcoin Gone Wild booth. Imagine, if you will, about a dozen babes, from around the world, manning a booth clad in skimpy wearing appeal, coupled with donning temporary tattoos of FirstBit addresses running down their thighs.

There's plenty of time to pull this off, albeit the execution process should be top-notch. The CES organizers could even incorporate this into their marketing arsenal, thus guaranteeing them a stellar turn out in 2013.

Ideally, having an individual on par with Hugh Hefner of Playboy, Bob Guccione of Penthouse, Al Goldstein of Screw, or Larry Flynt of Hustler, sponsoring Bitcoin Gone Wild at CES 2013 would most definitely add cred to this endeavor.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Fernandez Gutierrez)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 03:17:16 PM

Nooo, they have to use firstbits. Just tell them to go to a faucet.

edit: really this is important. firstbits on skin is awesome sexy perfect. web address is not.

+1

A firstbit address always starts with the number "1" which, in and of itself, is eye-catching. New viewers will be asking themselves, "WTF is up with these chicks having numbers on their body and they all start with the number one?" Once answered, they say to themselves, "I get it, now!" At this point, they'll have invested enough time invested into this Bitcoin thingy they've newly discovered, they're bound to act.

~Bruno~
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 03:52:56 PM

I really like FirstBits... but it's fatal flaw, especially with regard to newcomers, is the requirement that the address exists in the blockchain. If there is anyway to overcome this, PLEASE make it happen. Also, the ease of making a QR code by appending /qr is a killer feature of btc.to. If this can be replicated, this needs to happen too.

But this endeavour, at least while people are still learning *everything* about Bitcoin, the firehose of information needs to be turned down a bit so the noobs are not overwhelmed.

edit:
I'm not advising girls to NOT use first bits... but they can adopt this after they've picked up the basics. For /r/girlsgonebitcoin though, I think it's in our best interest to promote btc.to until they get firstbits on their own.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:17:48 PM

I really like FirstBits... but it's fatal flaw, especially with regard to newcomers, is the requirement that the address exists in the blockchain. If there is anyway to overcome this, PLEASE make it happen. Also, the ease of making a QR code by appending /qr is a killer feature of btc.to. If this can be replicated, this needs to happen too.

But this endeavour, at least while people are still learning *everything* about Bitcoin, the firehose of information needs to be turned down a bit so the noobs are not overwhelmed.

edit:
I'm not advising girls to NOT use first bits... but they can adopt this after they've picked up the basics. For /r/girlsgonebitcoin though, I think it's in our best interest to promote btc.to until they get firstbits on their own.
For btc.to, we can assume that that is the site in use, and all they need to post is /444 or /ae for instance. Not need for the full http://btc.to/blahblahblah stuff.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:26:51 PM

ok, now what do we do to make this known? post comments in /r/gonewild ?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 04:29:29 PM

I dont like the idea of shitting in the /r/GoneWild mod's yard. I think it's much more polite to browse GW for the type of girl you like and privately encourage her to checkout /r/GirlsGoneBitcoin. I've been sending messages like this:

Rather than give your naughty bits away for free, I recommend you try posting at /r/GirlsGoneBitcoin. If the guys like your pictures, you'll be rewarded with way more than karma - Bitcoins a digital currency that can be exchanged for real dollars. Be the first of 10 girls to post a sexy picture and get a share of a special bounty.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:30:30 PM

I heartily recommend a FeedZeBirds campaign. In the message, use some tags like #camgirl #babe #sexy
Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 04:33:50 PM

I heartily recommend a FeedZeBirds campaign. In the message, use some tags like #camgirl #babe #sexy

LOL... I feel the need to adjust the bounty payout to skim off 10% for all the people that contributed fucking awesome ideas like this. hahaha

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:48:16 PM

LOL... I feel the need to adjust the bounty payout to skim off 10% for all the people that contributed fucking awesome ideas like this. hahaha

No need in this case, FeedZeBirds is my site so I'll be making 5% anyway Smiley

But yeah, it's an excellent way to market our little project here Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: