Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer new features to be Ninja Launched or Announced first?
Ninja - 157 (62.1%)
Announced - 96 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 253

Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIBRE] | 625k | [SuperNET] | FibreDark | FibreLock | FibreGateway | ZeroTrust |  (Read 514886 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 12:03:07 AM

Alright baconstrat, i'll abandon this coin now, since no one cares. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bytas

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:40:07 PM

Hi there,

Havn't been around for a very long while.
Can anyone list what would be needed to revive this? Or at least get the chain running again?
Bytas

Activity: 323

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:57:15 AM

E1ghtSpace: I kinda care,

Maybe we should make a list of people that are willing to show what amount of coins they've still got stuck in Fibre, and calculate the total amount.
That way we can start up discussions on what the combined group is willing to invest into restoring a running blockchain.

To lead by example: I own 3000 Fibre, and i'm interested in getting this coin back to running order.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 04:12:47 AM

Maybe we should make a list of people that are willing to show what amount of coins they've still got stuck in Fibre, and calculate the total amount.
That way we can start up discussions on what the combined group is willing to invest into restoring a running blockchain.

To lead by example: I own 3000 Fibre, and i'm interested in getting this coin back to running order.
Alright, can you sync at all? I don't have the blockchain.

Also, I have no coins, I just wanted to see what was left on cryptsy. Does anyone except us care?
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:12:52 AM

Also, I have no coins, I just wanted to see what was left on cryptsy. Does anyone except us care?

There is work being done in the back ground with new specs to get the chain going again. I'll run my wallet and try to get some active nodes or we may need to wait for the new wallet release that should be out soon.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 10:28:54 PM

There is work being done in the back ground with new specs to get the chain going again. I'll run my wallet and try to get some active nodes or we may need to wait for the new wallet release that should be out soon.

Really? Who is working on it?
Can you tell me your ip if you get the current wallet running? Thanks.
Attack.of.the.Clones

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:49:14 AM

Great to see some activity around a Fibre revival!

If it's still a SuperNET core coin the upside for Fibre hodlers will be exceptional.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 01:50:41 AM

Great to see some activity around a Fibre revival!

If it's still a SuperNET core coin the upside for Fibre hodlers will be exceptional.
Good to see someone else here. Do you have a recent blockchain?
Metaphilibert

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

Guys just before going to hit my pillow i cannot refrain myself to give you this exciting update.

The blockchain is currently stuck for months at block 673688 due to a lack of staking wallets (not enough POS power).
The originial project leader, Killakem moved to stratis (which already proved to be successful)

But FIBRE is about to be resurrected!
We are a few FIBRE hodlers here and in SuperNET slack thinking for a long time about a blockchain revival and this is going to occur!
mammix2, the original wallet dev, took over the project and is about to release a new wallet.

What's the plan?
kick-restart the blockchain with a new POW/POS phase
with POW reward for a few weeks to have some incentive, after with no block reward to just have an engine to assure the blockchain's life (in other case of lack of POS)
and hopefully with a revival of website and marketing

How to help?
First, when waiting for new release it should be a good idea to have as many FIBRE hodlers as possible ready to stake (synced to block 673688)
We have a few nodes already with ~50k (and growing, afaik SuperNET holdings will be added to this) and we are about to have more than 10% supply weight ready to stake.

So if you know about how to put a node online:
 -build the daemon, follow the instructions of https://github.com/fibre-team/fibre-public/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt (just add libminiupnpc-dev to the dependencies listed there and you should be ok)
  you can get a copy of the db (to block 673660) i uploaded there: https://mega.nz/#F!sE0lWQiD!mlC5AV1U0ff1GNaGEYUcGg
  the 2 nodes addresses that i am currently running could be added to your Fibre.conf (in .Fibre) - beware of uppercase -
  addnode=2pptm3tysp5xlpfz.onion:7223
  addnode=khpbewwsdoewtsea.onion:7223
  (i only have fibredark addresses for now, working on standard IP's to provide)
  open inbound port 7223 (WARNING, the port is subject to change with new wallet release to help separate the new chain)
If not or if under windows, keep your privkey's or wallet.dat close at hand and wait for new release (or updates meanwhile).

on both cases be welcome to see or participate in the latests developments on the #fibre channel of the SuperNET slack (https://sprnt.slack.com - get your invite at http://slackinvite.supernet.org/)

speaking of SuperNET, the SN core coins concept is deprecated but... Unity of blockchains is not (which was the main idea)
So any so-called bitcoin-compatible coin (basically rpc-queryable) can be added to agama wallet , DEX with atomic cross-chain,...  In a word FIBRE can be part of SuperNET (again) quite soon  Wink

will keep you updated

*pouf* <-- sound of head hitting pillow
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 11:05:36 PM

Great news Metaphilibert, I just joined the slack and fibre channel.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:11:44 AM

Guys just before going to hit my pillow i cannot refrain myself to give you this exciting update.

The blockchain is currently stuck for months at block 673688 due to a lack of staking wallets (not enough POS power).
The originial project leader, Killakem moved to stratis (which already proved to be successful)

But FIBRE is about to be resurrected!
We are a few FIBRE hodlers here and in SuperNET slack thinking for a long time about a blockchain revival and this is going to occur!
mammix2, the original wallet dev, took over the project and is about to release a new wallet.

What's the plan?
kick-restart the blockchain with a new POW/POS phase
with POW reward for a few weeks to have some incentive, after with no block reward to just have an engine to assure the blockchain's life (in other case of lack of POS)
and hopefully with a revival of website and marketing

How to help?
First, when waiting for new release it should be a good idea to have as many FIBRE hodlers as possible ready to stake (synced to block 673688)
We have a few nodes already with ~50k (and growing, afaik SuperNET holdings will be added to this) and we are about to have more than 10% supply weight ready to stake.

So if you know about how to put a node online:
 -build the daemon, follow the instructions of https://github.com/fibre-team/fibre-public/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt (just add libminiupnpc-dev to the dependencies listed there and you should be ok)
  you can get a copy of the db (to block 673660) i uploaded there: https://mega.nz/#F!sE0lWQiD!mlC5AV1U0ff1GNaGEYUcGg
  the 2 nodes addresses that i am currently running could be added to your Fibre.conf (in .Fibre) - beware of uppercase -
  addnode=2pptm3tysp5xlpfz.onion:7223
  addnode=khpbewwsdoewtsea.onion:7223
  (i only have fibredark addresses for now, working on standard IP's to provide)
  open inbound port 7223 (WARNING, the port is subject to change with new wallet release to help separate the new chain)
If not or if under windows, keep your privkey's or wallet.dat close at hand and wait for new release (or updates meanwhile).

on both cases be welcome to see or participate in the latests developments on the #fibre channel of the SuperNET slack (https://sprnt.slack.com - get your invite at http://slackinvite.supernet.org/)

speaking of SuperNET, the SN core coins concept is deprecated but... Unity of blockchains is not (which was the main idea)
So any so-called bitcoin-compatible coin (basically rpc-queryable) can be added to agama wallet , DEX with atomic cross-chain,...  In a word FIBRE can be part of SuperNET (again) quite soon  Wink

will keep you updated

*pouf* <-- sound of head hitting pillow

Awesome news, I predict Fibre will be top 20 coin by xmas, connections with SuperNET and Stratis dev communities makes Fibre a great investment after relaunch.
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:54:25 AM

The Fibre guys are making Stratis now.

Metaphilibert

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:07:02 AM

Fibre relaunch will be today 9th afternoon (GMT)
Fibre 4.0 specs will follow soon  Smiley
Metaphilibert

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:00:42 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 10:17:56 PM by Metaphilibert

Below the last post of mammix2 on slack

mammix2 [12:03 AM]
>> Fibre 4.0 <<
32 and 64Bit Windows versions, source and MacOS will be available at relaunch. Any Linux Qt wallets or deamons you'll have to build yourselves due to differing dependencies on users PC's
We will need to place a fair amount of PoW mining power on the chain to break the current diff left over from the original mining phase way back. Once the next block is solved the diff should drop right down and then readjust every block to achieve a 1 minute block time. This new wallet will cause a hard fork of the chain so the Protocol version has been increased to ensure no old wallets are valid. You MUST only use this new wallet, even if you're just monitoring the network, so that the new blocks and TX are validated by your V4 wallet

New Specs:
Currently the chain is stuck at block 673690 due to a very low PoS weight. In this new version I’ve enabled PoW from block 673686 so we can start the chain moving again still using the NIST5 algo. As discussed here are bullet points of the new specs with links to the repo to show some of the key code snippets...

- 8 Coin reward per block starting at block 674000 and up until 717200. Thereafter rewards will drop to 0, but PoW will still be enabled in case the PoS weight drops very low again in the future.
https://github.com/mammix2/fibre-core/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L992-L996

- As discussed 60k Fibre will be extracted to a hard coded address (FBxWTZVQXPDdzYW4d5c9JSvwKug9bWt9AB) at block 673900, as a reimbursement for the year of hosting i will provide.

EDIT this point is currently discussed in the slack channel.

Fingers crossed Fibre will get some value again in the future :slightly_smiling_face:
https://github.com/mammix2/fibre-core/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1008-L1012
https://github.com/mammix2/fibre-core/blob/master/src/main.h#L43
https://github.com/mammix2/fibre-core/blob/master/src/miner.cpp#L125-L160

- New checkpoint at block 673600
https://github.com/mammix2/fibre-core/blob/master/src/checkpoints.cpp#L38

There are Various other improvements, such as BIP66, stability, GUI etc.. you can see all the commits i have done recently here
https://github.com/mammix2/fibre-core/commits/master

>>Please DONT built from this source just yet <<

I will release the wallets tomorrow. I need you all to review the new specs and check over the source first just in case I missed something.
Please give me some feedback on all this. Thanks :blush:
Metaphilibert

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:21:58 PM

Fibre relaunch will be today 9th afternoon (GMT)
Fibre 4.0 specs will follow soon  Smiley

Sorry guys I was a little bit too enthusiastic. Relaunch is definitely coming soon but some strategic points are still being discussed.
Again, you are welcome to see or participate in the latest developments on the #fibre channel of the SuperNET slack (https://sprnt.slack.com - get your invite at http://slackinvite.supernet.org/)
#TagCoin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:58:47 AM

I have fibre coins on poloniex, can i download the wallet and transfer or wait for new wallet? or my coins are gone?

Thanks
Metaphilibert

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:42:21 AM

I have fibre coins on poloniex, can i download the wallet and transfer or wait for new wallet? or my coins are gone?

Thanks

FIBRE was delisted from Poloniex a long time ago and the blockchain is currently stuck (you cannot make transactions)
First, wait for the new wallet and a working blockchain.
When the blockchain will be living again, you can attempt to create a support ticket to Poloniex.
Not sure if they archive the delisted coins wallets  Sad
You are not alone in this case, we will try to contact them after the revival.
Minblast

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

Thanks

FIBRE was delisted from Poloniex a long time ago and the blockchain is currently stuck (you cannot make transactions)
First, wait for the new wallet and a working blockchain.
When the blockchain will be living again, you can attempt to create a support ticket to Poloniex.
Not sure if they archive the delisted coins wallets  Sad
You are not alone in this case, we will try to contact them after the revival.

Hi guys I have 6884 FIBRE coins on Poloneix. And I can do withdrawal. How I can help to recover blockchain???  I don't know how to do maning.  Huh
Metaphilibert

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:08:24 PM

Hi guys I have 6884 FIBRE coins on Poloneix. And I can do withdrawal. How I can help to recover blockchain???  I don't know how to do maning.  Huh

Hi,
it sounds weird to me you can still see your FIBRE on poloniex and do a withdrawal.
But if this is indeed the case, DO NOTHING right now (easy)
First, we have to wait the release of the new wallet and the blockchain to move ahead.
Then we have to contact Poloniex to have them update their wallet and see how to withdraw (if still possible).

The new wallet released is postponed a bit.
below a paste of the wallet dev on slack:

mammix2 [7:55 PM]
@channel Hi all, just checking in. I know I said the wallets would be ready yesterday but I wanted to wait for the feedback which you guys have been doing. I ended up having a really busy couple of days and also I think it should be delayed a little until we have agreement on all sides of the new direction.

Based on the feedback so far,  the new coins extracted should now be used as a Dev fund split between the contributing team members. 

I hadn't intended to be lead this, I just wanted to get the chain moving again and support it for a while after. But now seeing that there is quite a lot of interest again and the SuperNet option for Fibre and Possibly BoostCoin (I still need to check the compatibility) I think it's worth getting a plan put on paper listing team members. Then we can transparently agree on what amount should be extracted for this next phase of Fibre

So to make it simple and clear: if you have FIBRE in an exchange, DO NOTHING right now !
Also don't put too much hope in it, theoretically FIBRE is a dead coin and no exchange is obliged to process the withdrawals (and even if they wanted to do so it's technically impossible right now)

Considering the revival of the FIBRE blockchain we will have to wait a bit (but what are a few days in comparison of 6 months of frozen blockchain?)
As there is a possibility of (re)integration to SuperNET and as they are some people ready to get involved besides the wallet dev, this may be much more than a 'simple' chain revival.
And we have to make it the best way, for the benefit of every FIBRE investor Smiley

Randy Labs

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:55:03 AM

Any eta on new windows wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: