Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Custom server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w, 4kw  (Read 73006 times)
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:48:07 AM

Hi all,

looks like jabber is really busy at the moment, is there anyone in Germany who could provide a 2880 breakout board and at least 6 pci-cables (36" HQ) ?

Regards
Stefan
J4bberwock (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:48:43 PM

Hi all,

looks like jabber is really busy at the moment, is there anyone in Germany who could provide a 2880 breakout board and at least 6 pci-cables (36" HQ) ?

Regards
Stefan

You can' imagine how much I'm busy. I've been unavailable for 2 weeks, and have tons of PM/Emails to answer, and boards to manufacture.
Your message is still in the "to read" list.
To give you an idea or price, boards are 60€ for small orders, cables, 3€ each.
I also have some IEC C19 cables with EU plugs, 2 meters long, for 8€.
Shipping to Germany should be 18-20€, maybe a little less, but I won't be able to ship until next week.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:51:21 PM

Hi all,

Regards
Stefan

You can' imagine how much I'm busy. I've been unavailable for 2 weeks, and have tons of PM/Emails to answer, and boards to manufacture.
Shipping to Germany should be 18-20€, maybe a little less, but I won't be able to ship until next week.

Funksy seem busy to. I haven't managed to get any reply from him since the time you referenced him. Hopefully i can get those long cables in the near future, i been needed some for quite a while, now.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:15:39 PM

Funksy seem busy to. I haven't managed to get any reply from him since the time you referenced him. Hopefully i can get those long cables in the near future, i been needed some for quite a while, now.

If you mean Finsky, then I believe he said in his thread that he is away this week and only has mobile access.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:16:46 PM

If you mean Finsky, then I believe he said in his thread that he is away this week and only has mobile access.

Yes, obviously i can't type for shit. Tongue Okay then thanks i shall wait longer, while keeping an eye out for some people in North America that could have some to help me out of this tight spot.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HolyScott

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:59:16 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 10:36:42 PM by HolyScott

I have In Stock a very limited supply of Breakout Adapter Boards from J4bberwock!

I have bundles for the HP 1200 Watt Kit, 1300 Watt Kit, and Dell 750 Watt Kit. Cables Also Available!

Sorry I do NOT have anything for the 2880 or the 2000 Watt Boards.
hagie

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:37:04 AM

Hi all,

Regards
Stefan

Hey Jabber I really don't want to push you !!! However If I take your prices I could calculate my order and send you the BTC. I will PM you the TXID and my postal address if this is OK for you. Shipping next week is fine.

60 + 3 * 8 + 8 + 20 = 122 €
Board + 8 Cable + IEC Plug + Shipping
if you are fine with that I'll send you the BTC.

Regards
gelmo74

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:56:49 AM

Issues like this are usually traced to the pins in the cables PCIE connectors.  For high current applications like mining you need to use Molex 45750 series pins.  You should also make sure the wires are 16AWG and have copper conductors.  A properly constructed 6 pin cable with these components should be able to handle up to 300-400 watts without getting hot.

sorry I was absent for a few days.
the cables are the ones who gave me J4bberwock with the board .
the cables are very good for me.
I do not understand in fact this 'cooking'. I'm trying to figure out the problem.
I'm an electrician
and 'true that the pcie connector on the base and' very hot. I'm not sure that the connector and ruin the cables or the opposite ...
250w should give no problems.
I have other power supplies and other miner and I have not encountered these problems in connectors. once in Zeus miner x2 where the 8-pin pcie have a little blackened. but they have a different type of power supply.
24/24 true that around and under stress, especially if the environment and always on top 35 degrees. keep in mind that the air strikes the base of the power supply connector. may also be in the long run does not help the dissipation of the base and connectors pcie.
remaining of the idea that 'the board most clever I've ever seen

CrypR

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:05:42 AM

35C is pretty hot--at or above the maximum temperatures for most mining equipment.  Higher ambient temperatures do exasperate hot connector issues.  My recommendations would be the following:

- Cool down your mining setup with better airflow if you can
- I see in some of your pictures, the jabberwok board on the back of the PSU is lined up with the back of your miner and/or the shelf it is on.  I would push it back a couple of inches so the hot air coming from the PSU can flow out from the top and the bottom (and sides) of the board.
- If the connectors get hot, it is only a matter of time before they burn so I would try different cables or re-pin the hot connectors with Molex Mini-Fit Jr. HCS 45750 series pins.  Re-pinning has solved my problem in every case I have come across.
- Double check the type of cables you have.  Jabber sells a couple different types of cables.  The cheaper ones have aluminum wires that would not be up to the demands you are putting on them.
hagie

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:04:56 PM

Still looking for a breakout board and at least 6 Cables - anyone in EU could offer me one for sale or loan ?

Regards
Stefan
linusdunkers

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 08:59:09 AM

Where can I buy these adapters? I have 10 x 2880W PSU to be used with 6 cube setups of KnC Miner Neptune and I would really need 10 adapters like this one.

Hello,
are there any adapters/boards available which can power a KNC Titan (4-8x PCIe, 1600W + 1x5v Molex for Controller)?
Most boards "only" have connectors for PCIe, but I wouldn't like an extra PSU for the Controllerboard. Any suggestions?
Kind regards

And here are the first pics of the boards:

2x USB ports able to charge Iphone/pad/pod, Samsung,... at full speed
Or simply power raspberries/beaglebone...

1x Molex HDD connector with a cable to power a KNC controller.

The board is a pass through, so you can still use your PCI-E cable to power anything.

Rated at 3A, over 92% efficiency for the voltage converter, you'll only draw 16w from your PSU if you manage to max out the USB ports and the Moles HDD plug.

Price will be 19$ for the first batch, including one short PCI-E to PCI-E cable and one Molex HDD to Molex HDD cable.

hagie

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:49:53 AM

Where can I buy these adapters? I have 10 x 2880W PSU to be used with 6 cube setups of KnC Miner Neptune and I would really need 10 adapters like this one.

Hello,
are there any adapters/boards available which can power a KNC Titan (4-8x PCIe, 1600W + 1x5v Molex for Controller)?
Most boards "only" have connectors for PCIe, but I wouldn't like an extra PSU for the Controllerboard. Any suggestions?
Kind regards

The board is a pass through, so you can still use your PCI-E cable to power anything.

Rated at 3A, over 92% efficiency for the voltage converter, you'll only draw 16w from your PSU if you manage to max out the USB ports and the Moles HDD plug.

Price will be 19$ for the first batch, including one short PCI-E to PCI-E cable and one Molex HDD to Molex HDD cable.

Fuuuck YES .. I need those too .. I forgett to power my controller .. Anyone in EU got those bpoards and could ship one to germany ?

regards
Stefan
hagie

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:17:49 AM

Well on the other hand I will build such a modules by myself - 12V -> 3 V Stepdown converter are easy .. hopefully the titan controller doesn't spike to much above 3A ... I plan a "poweroff" function for the Titan where the controler pulls the atx-switch high for some seconds after pull it low again. This should help for switching the titans completly off to get the non working dies again working from remote ..

Regards
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:33:06 PM

Hello,
Kind regards

Fuuuck YES .. I need those too .. I forgett to power my controller .. Anyone in EU got those bpoards and could ship one to germany ?

regards
Stefan
I have got three of them from Jabber. I do not need them (never used them) since I no longer have a KNC Titan Sad
I also asked Jabber for a few more so that I could sell them on my website. But as you all know he seems to be quite busy.
So for now I have three of those and very few DPS2000 Breakout Boards if needed. Let me know how much you want and I can estimate the costs.
Kind regards
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:41:47 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 07:10:13 PM by hawkfish007

Hello,
Kind regards

regards
Stefan
I have got three of them from Jabber. I do not need them (never used them) since I no longer have a KNC Titan Sad
I also asked Jabber for a few more so that I could sell them on my website. But as you all know he seems to be quite busy.
So for now I have three of those and very few DPS2000 Breakout Boards if needed. Let me know how much you want and I can estimate the costs.
Kind regards

I would like to buy one of those adapters with cable to power Titan's controller. Sent a PM.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
J4bberwock (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:33:20 PM

Hello,
Kind regards

Hi, I've been very busy since august, even stopped selling on ebay until I can have some spare stock of everything in the shelves.

Regarding the KNC power adapter, I'll get something new next week.
It'll cost you less than 10 of the orginal adapters. 40$ for 8 Molex ports with the cables and one USB charging port.
Conversion efficiency from 12v to 5v is 95%.

And I still have your address from previous sales.

Pictures and price will be posted on monday/tuesday.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:21:40 AM

Hey J4bberwock, glad you are back. Would it be possible to respond to my PM?
Thanks Smiley
hagie

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:43:38 AM

Thanks Jabber for the delivery last Week - great quality !

Another question ... this 2880 watt monster is a really great performing PSU but for HomeMining - even 2 floors away it's loud as hell ! is there a way to get the fans speed controlled depending on the load or heat of the components. I know there is one in the RC Group who managed to access the i2c bus and alter the voltage slightly - maybe there is some posibility ?

Regards

J4bberwock (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:12:51 AM

Thanks Jabber for the delivery last Week - great quality !

Another question ... this 2880 watt monster is a really great performing PSU but for HomeMining - even 2 floors away it's loud as hell ! is there a way to get the fans speed controlled depending on the load or heat of the components. I know there is one in the RC Group who managed to access the i2c bus and alter the voltage slightly - maybe there is some posibility ?

Regards

The best to do is to modify the top cover with holes for different fans. If you are not too much in a hurry, I'll play with my laser cutter to make a cover and something to close the place where the actual fan pack is placed.
I have the original molex connectors for the fans too, so it will be almost plug and play.

hagie

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:49:12 AM

Hi Jabber,

thanks for the offer. I will put my titan to some hosting provider soon - I like to complete hardware mods (change fan, add cooler) to the Titan. I like also to find a way to switch off the psu for some seconds to get the titans complete powerless for them to recover from die-sleep.

Since your breakout board features a solder point for a remote switch I like to use a gpio of the arduino to pull the conection high for some seconds.

Maybe I will trigger some relais which is buffered by some capacitor to hold 2-3 seconds not sure what I like to do.

aynway maybe we will see some homeminer from spondi where the 2880 monster will come in handy - I'm interested in this cover mod ... maybe you can estimate how much it will cost.

Regards

p.s. anyway some isn't there some way to controll the fan by i2c or pwm at the 12V line ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: