Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:59:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for new users regarding CLOUD MINING  (Read 44157 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:51:19 AM

I simply cannot imagine a scenario of CEX tripping belly up. What could happen? Alien invasion? An earthquake? A meteorite?
Even if the price of GH/s falls to zero they do not care because they charge for the maintenance costs. At some stage they will just turn off the miners but in this production cycle the old miners will be replaced by the new ones with better GH/s vs costs of electricity ratio. They can prolong this game as long as there are miners in existence and people willing to buy more hashing power at better prices. Pricewise they are fary ahead of any competition and they are selling very expensive GH/s with very expensive maintenance fees. For this money they can have cutting edge technology solar powered DC with dirt cheap miners.
That's why I think CEX is well and far from falling.
cex has solar power for the miners? If this is true that is so awesome alternative energy powering the alternative $$$$ i like the ring of that. If cex would cut maint fees by 50% of what they are now i think people would be all over them in a heart beat. I know i for sure would invest more in them maybe a whole 1 or 2 btc lol dont laugh im poor i know  Cry

If they have solar power energy they have higher costs. To cut the maintenance fees by 50% and still make money, they would need to move in a cheaper country and really think low cost. The price per GHS would go up a lot.
if they use solar power they might have higher costs at the start to buy solar panels and set up. Then thats all you spend the rest is used to ROI on power bill / solar panels. Most places i think are like 2-6 years dependind on cost of energy and amount of sunlight

For solar panels, ROI depends on how much the state is subsidizing the buying.
i guess you are right about that had forgot alot of states in the usa was offering to pay off some of the cost to get new solar panels for residental homes not sure if apply to company

Solar energy is usually more expensive but if you take into account the state subsidy or special situations (you have a home away from everything), you might ROI
Even with subsidies, solar energy is more expensive then other, "traditional" sources of energy. Not only that but solar subsides are generally only available to households and cannot be claimed by places like data centers that would be buying massive amounts of solar panels to power what is in their center

You are correct but maybe you can ROI if you are in the few states where the electricity cost and the public incentive to buy solar panels are high.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:02:50 PM

I simply cannot imagine a scenario of CEX tripping belly up. What could happen? Alien invasion? An earthquake? A meteorite?
Even if the price of GH/s falls to zero they do not care because they charge for the maintenance costs. At some stage they will just turn off the miners but in this production cycle the old miners will be replaced by the new ones with better GH/s vs costs of electricity ratio. They can prolong this game as long as there are miners in existence and people willing to buy more hashing power at better prices. Pricewise they are fary ahead of any competition and they are selling very expensive GH/s with very expensive maintenance fees. For this money they can have cutting edge technology solar powered DC with dirt cheap miners.
cex has solar power for the miners? If this is true that is so awesome alternative energy powering the alternative $$$$ i like the ring of that. If cex would cut maint fees by 50% of what they are now i think people would be all over them in a heart beat. I know i for sure would invest more in them maybe a whole 1 or 2 btc lol dont laugh im poor i know  Cry

If they have solar power energy they have higher costs. To cut the maintenance fees by 50% and still make money, they would need to move in a cheaper country and really think low cost. The price per GHS would go up a lot.
if they use solar power they might have higher costs at the start to buy solar panels and set up. Then thats all you spend the rest is used to ROI on power bill / solar panels. Most places i think are like 2-6 years dependind on cost of energy and amount of sunlight

i guess you are right about that had forgot alot of states in the usa was offering to pay off some of the cost to get new solar panels for residental homes not sure if apply to company

Solar energy is usually more expensive but if you take into account the state subsidy or special situations (you have a home away from everything), you might ROI
Even with subsidies, solar energy is more expensive then other, "traditional" sources of energy. Not only that but solar subsides are generally only available to households and cannot be claimed by places like data centers that would be buying massive amounts of solar panels to power what is in their center

You are correct but maybe you can ROI if you are in the few states where the electricity cost and the public incentive to buy solar panels are high.
i agree and i hope that list grows in the USA and Canada hell even Mexico should do solar power with all the sun they have. I just think it would be so cool to have 100% hell even like 80% " in day time ofcourse, unless they got massive batteries for night " of a massive bitcoin mining farm to be powered by like solar and wind power combined.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:30:10 AM

These states generally allow people with solar panels to sell electricity back to the grid at retail prices so you would still effectively be paying the same rate. Not only that but it would make sense to house your miners someplace that electric costs are very cheap and electricity is plentiful 

picolo

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:56:56 AM

These states generally allow people with solar panels to sell electricity back to the grid at retail prices so you would still effectively be paying the same rate. Not only that but it would make sense to house your miners someplace that electric costs are very cheap and electricity is plentiful 

If you can sell the electricity at retail price (sometimes maybe higher), it doesn't mean you are paying the same rate because your costs may have been higher.
malaimult

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:05:43 AM

If you can sell the electricity at retail price (sometimes maybe higher), it doesn't mean you are paying the same rate because your costs may have been higher.
No, if you are using your miners with your solar electricity in a place with high electric costs then you are still paying the high electric costs because if you were not using your electricity on your miners then you would be selling it back to the grid at retail rates

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:58:48 AM

Is it really that difficult to delete the 343 levels of nested quotes?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:00:14 AM

No, if you are using your miners with your solar electricity in a place with high electric costs then you are still paying the high electric costs because if you were not using your electricity on your miners then you would be selling it back to the grid at retail rates
Except when you sell back to the grid, the amount you get is a small fraction of it -- especially after you take in account the connection fees which are designed to hurt solar users.
picolo

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:41:17 AM

If you have solar panels that cost 100 and you 100 of electricity you are paying 1 for each unit of quantity you consume if you consume 100. If the electricity costs 200 for a quantity of 100 in your state, you would pay 2 for each quantity so twice as much.

If you only consume 80 you pay 100 (cost of the solar panels) but you get back 20*2=40 so you paid 60 for consuming 80 so less than 1 unit of currency for 1 unit of quantity instead of 2 units of currencies for 1 unit of quantity if you were buying electricity the standard way.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:52:46 AM

I guess it is.
picolo

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:12:58 AM

You are right, it is more clear when you delete unnecessary quotes
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:33:09 PM

Anyway, I'm a bit lost in this conversation about solar energy. I don't want to be rude, but it may be better to open a separate thread about it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

I guess it is.
LOL im sorry i dont see the quote you are quoting Tongue can you please reword that again to where we can understand it  Grin

malaimult

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:16:02 AM

If you have solar panels that cost 100 and you 100 of electricity you are paying 1 for each unit of quantity you consume if you consume 100. If the electricity costs 200 for a quantity of 100 in your state, you would pay 2 for each quantity so twice as much.

If you only consume 80 you pay 100 (cost of the solar panels) but you get back 20*2=40 so you paid 60 for consuming 80 so less than 1 unit of currency for 1 unit of quantity instead of 2 units of currencies for 1 unit of quantity if you were buying electricity the standard way.
I am not following you. Look at it this way. If you buy a solar panel and the price of electricity from the grid is .14 per KwH, then every KwH that you use from your solar panel will cost you .14 KwH because you could sell that electricity back to the grid if you did not use it

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:55:08 AM

Hey bro, I am planning to buy 10000 khs on hashprofit. Can you give me some suggestions that will be become a scam in future ?

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
picolo

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:32:13 PM

I am not following you. Look at it this way. If you buy a solar panel and the price of electricity from the grid is .14 per KwH, then every KwH that you use from your solar panel will cost you .14 KwH because you could sell that electricity back to the grid if you did not use it

I understand what you are selling but you can make a profit by having solar panels in the sense that you are losing 0.14 per Kwh you use if you could sell it at 0.14 per kwh but you are making 0.14-cost per kwh that you produce instead of buying it if you didn't have a solar panel and you would have use it.
malaimult

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:40:07 PM

I understand what you are selling but you can make a profit by having solar panels in the sense that you are losing 0.14 per Kwh you use if you could sell it at 0.14 per kwh but you are making 0.14-cost per kwh that you produce instead of buying it if you didn't have a solar panel and you would have use it.
No you are wrong. Regardless of if you have a solar panel or not, you are effectively paying the retail price of electricity for any electricity you consume <period>

picolo

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:06:09 PM

No you are wrong. Regardless of if you have a solar panel or not, you are effectively paying the retail price of electricity for any electricity you consume <period>
[/quote]

you lack understanding on the solar market, I feel you are not good with numbers. I repeat : you can make a profit by having solar panels : you are losing 0.14 per Kwh you use if you could sell it at 0.14 per kwh but you are making 0.14-cost per kwh that you produce instead of buying it if you didn't have a solar panel and you would have use it. <period>
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:25:42 AM

you lack understanding on the solar market, I feel you are not good with numbers. I repeat : you can make a profit by having solar panels : you are losing 0.14 per Kwh you use if you could sell it at 0.14 per kwh but you are making 0.14-cost per kwh that you produce instead of buying it if you didn't have a solar panel and you would have use it. <period>
[/quote]LOL always the blunt answers, another way to say it power company shuts down for whatever reason. The panels are still making power for you that are not dependent on the power grid at all. So you not paying them pretty much you paid for something to produce power lets say $1000 once you use up enough power to equal $1000 then any power generated from solar panels will be free. Also lets say you take off somewhere the extra power you making from solar panels as they cant be shut off is sold to the power company. If you look at some of my posts i mention i have solar power powers about 60-70% of my house when i was running graphics card for mining. Now that i have them off ofcourse my power consumption drop, so now my power company sends me a check for about $20 - $40  a month since i am producing more power by panels to offset my usage. Also when i went to Nebraska for a little over 3 weeks i actually got a check for almost $190 from power company for power i " sold to them "

Lion888

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:36:25 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post such an informative overview of Cloud Mining.

I am new to the Crypto Currency world and am spending quite a bit of time reading and learning and this has been a tremendous help.

Thanks again. Jim  Smiley
picolo

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:26:31 AM

LOL always the blunt answers, another way to say it power company shuts down for whatever reason. The panels are still making power for you that are not dependent on the power grid at all. So you not paying them pretty much you paid for something to produce power lets say $1000 once you use up enough power to equal $1000 then any power generated from solar panels will be free. Also lets say you take off somewhere the extra power you making from solar panels as they cant be shut off is sold to the power company. If you look at some of my posts i mention i have solar power powers about 60-70% of my house when i was running graphics card for mining. Now that i have them off ofcourse my power consumption drop, so now my power company sends me a check for about $20 - $40  a month since i am producing more power by panels to offset my usage. Also when i went to Nebraska for a little over 3 weeks i actually got a check for almost $190 from power company for power i " sold to them "
[/quote]

I understand and good for you. I feel we agree but can't phrase things the same way for some reason. Let's keep it there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: