Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Las Vegas / Defcon July 27th weekend  (Read 4150 times)
teflone (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 03:36:49 AM

Yea, for being a hacker, he's not "up to speed" on bitcoin so shitpal is his only method of payment. renting a lane without a gun is expected.. there will be plenty to "borrow" and shoot. That's the idea of this event - expose people who come from places that do not have the luxury of their own firearms to get some exposure. Plenty of RSOs (like me) to keep it safe.

Ohhhhhh..  hmmmm

So your saying to rent a lane then ?

I was thinking it wasnt ness.

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 03:40:11 AM

it's not, but it's the honorable thing to do.. the guy goes through a lot of trouble to setup tents and haul stuff out there.

teflone (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 03:46:36 AM

it's not, but it's the honorable thing to do.. the guy goes through a lot of trouble to setup tents and haul stuff out there.

Ok I will, even though I dont think an RSO needs it, but you got a place in my lane! Cheesy  lmao..

btw..

byog....

hahahahhaa Cheesy

I can see how having a lane rented could work to my advantage not having any guns to shoot..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
teflone (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:09:21 AM

The easiest thing to expect from a defcon experience is getting owned. somehow, some way. lol.

He's not kidding the general plan of the paranoid is: Go there with a computer you don't care about and a fresh install of an OS with no personal files, do not use the hotel wireless and keep your phone turned off when in the hotel and if you do go online do not login to any personal or work accounts.  Also be mindful of any RFID devices you have on you that can also get owned.  Going there with a bitcoin wallet on a machine on the wireless network is screaming "Please 0day my sorry ass and steal my bitcoins."

Excellent tips man.. 

I was wondering about this.  Kind of assumed its a hackers paradise.. so protect myself..

So my android bitcoin wallet on my phone should be emptied ?   

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 04:17:20 AM

Going there with a bitcoin wallet on a machine on the wireless network is screaming "Please 0day my sorry ass and steal my bitcoins."

Actually, this is a great way to see how secure you really are... If you leave DefCon with your Bitcoins, you're doing pretty good.

teflone (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:20:49 AM

Going there with a bitcoin wallet on a machine on the wireless network is screaming "Please 0day my sorry ass and steal my bitcoins."

Actually, this is a great way to see how secure you really are... If you leave DefCon with your Bitcoins, you're doing pretty good.

hahhaa..

Oh boy.. Im really looking forward to this..

bringing my pirate box to the shoot, I hope that is handy for everyone..   it will have a copy of Fear and Loathing on it.. fyi.. 

Ill leave a coin on it, if someone gets it, good for them.. 

Ill try to be a non sheep..   I just read about that exploit..

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:29:16 AM

Wish I was going to DefCon. I used to live in Henderson but Seoul > Las Vegas is a costly and tiring trip to make for just one show.

teflone (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:45:34 AM

Wish I was going to DefCon. I used to live in Henderson but Seoul > Las Vegas is a costly and tiring trip to make for just one show.

Oh fuck off..

Come join us !   I triple horse dare you...  Cool

teflone (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:48:26 AM

The easiest thing to expect from a defcon experience is getting owned. somehow, some way. lol.

He's not kidding the general plan of the paranoid is: Go there with a computer you don't care about and a fresh install of an OS with no personal files, do not use the hotel wireless and keep your phone turned off when in the hotel and if you do go online do not login to any personal or work accounts.  Also be mindful of any RFID devices you have on you that can also get owned.  Going there with a bitcoin wallet on a machine on the wireless network is screaming "Please 0day my sorry ass and steal my bitcoins."

Excellent tips man.. 

I was wondering about this.  Kind of assumed its a hackers paradise.. so protect myself..

So my android bitcoin wallet on my phone should be emptied ?   

It should be okay as long as you remember to turn your phone off while you are near the hotel.  Also don't use any hotel ATM's are any of them nearby they are highly likely to be tampered with.

Remind me, if you come to defcon for me to tell you what I do for a living.. Cheesy

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 05:09:29 AM

This sounds really fun! Imagine bluesnarfing a few years ago though haha

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:35:03 AM

So if you use VPNs for everything and check ALL key fingerprints, you ought to be safe, but yeah it's hardly worth the risk to bring your daily driver to the show. VPN + Encrypted VNC to your main machine back at home, so that you can just use the local device as a dumb terminal.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 01:12:37 PM

I hope to have these tshirts available saturday morning, if not sooner. I am accepting pre-orders so that I can have a small number ready for the event. There is a bit of a surprise announcement regarding this brand coming soon. Please only preorder if you're attending defcon and plan to meet me in person to pick it up. You can order as many as you like, I just need to know numbers to have them ready. And if it falls through and they are not available by defcon, you're not obligated to pay for it unless you want to cover shipping. These will be made available on bitmit soon enough.

This will be printed on a black gildan ultra cotton t, using the same process as my high quality "Ask me about bitcoin" tshirts. The yellow part of the logo is a gold shimmer. Im expecting the cost to be $15 (in bitcoin of course).

unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 03:33:19 PM

I would love to go if someone could sponsor me.

Every year SOMETHING seems to get in the way. Either I don't have a job or some shit Sad I have yet to go to a Defcon ever since they started years ago Sad

Help make a hacker/geek's dream come true.

This is not a troll post nor a beg for bitcoin. This is an honest plead for help.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 03:37:33 PM

Where you coming from? If you're in shitfuck Cali, you might catch a free ride on the hackbus!

unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 03:38:43 PM

Where you coming from? If you're in Cali, you might catch a free ride on the hackbus!

Houston, Texas.

I don't have the funds for admission or hotel or food or even to help out in carpooling in any way.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
teflone (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:18:59 PM

Neat stuff..   

I might buy one to wear around, but black is sooooooo hot...  Tongue

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 06:21:49 PM

I need to know specific sized to have rush made for the event... without sizes, I can't have them ready for you. It's ok if you dont end up buying it (for any reason) because I'll be able to sell it on bitmit... but I need to know how many to make, in specific sizes/qty and how many to bring with with me to the event.

teflone (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:30:23 PM

I need to know specific sized to have rush made for the event... without sizes, I can't have them ready for you. It's ok if you dont end up buying it (for any reason) because I'll be able to sell it on bitmit... but I need to know how many to make, in specific sizes/qty and how many to bring with with me to the event.

Large should be good for me.. Smiley

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:24:20 AM

I'd just like to say I'm calling bullshit on the pirate photo. Here's the list of people I met during Defcon, and none of them are in that picture. I find it hard to believe that none of the people I met can identify anyone in those photos from our offline discussions - or I haven't see a post from them confirming it. If you're on this list below and spoke with anyone at defcon in that picture, speak up and correct me.

• SethSethSeth
  • AndrewBitcoiner
  • Teflon
  • eCrash (teflon's friend)
  • Mike Caldwell
  • BitBlitz ?
  • Alexmat
  • Elliot (asian guy from LA)
  • The anti-forensics speaker dude

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:58:41 AM

I'd just like to say I'm calling bullshit on the pirate photo. Here's the list of people I met during Defcon, and none of them are in that picture. I find it hard to believe that none of the people I met can identify anyone in those photos from our offline discussions - or I haven't see a post from them confirming it. If you're on this list below and spoke with anyone at defcon in that picture, speak up and correct me.

• SethSethSeth
  • AndrewBitcoiner
  • Teflon
  • eCrash (teflon's friend)
  • Mike Caldwell
  • BitBlitz ?
  • Alexmat
  • Elliot (asian guy from LA)
  • The anti-forensics speaker dude

Amazing isnt it - Also Giga VPS who was BFL's big shill in the early days now shills for Pirate.....
Then we have the multi trillion air that flew to BFL to reassure everyone (ask me anything, LOL SORRY CANT ANSWER ANYTHING YOUR FUCKING DUMB FOR NOT SPENDING MORE WITH BFL).

I'll bet you didnt meet any of the well known forum shills, ie Giga.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: