Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Calling the Bottom  (Read 45292 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:42:07 PM

The price shows the daily birth rate. I am writing this from a castle that I bought with money earned by trading Bitcoin based on the very premise I have explained to you here.

Don't lose the faith people. Taxes, maintenance, and utilities on these castles aren't cheap (they're very drafty, after all). Risto needs more bag holders to keep up on his payments!

It sucks that some people got filthy rich out of luck by being at the right time doing the right thing

I understand that being at the right time doing the right thing makes you filthy rich, but how is that related to luck??  Huh

Well, not all people experience doing the right thing at the right time i.e. me when bitcoin was in its infancy. If I only knew bitcoin back then, I would have been a millionaire now, but no. Also, no one knows for certain back then that bitcoins would be that big, so I think those who hopped the train early were very, very lucky to be doing the right thing at the right time, and that is before the ATH of Nov. 2013. Well, that was the first wave of luck that bitcoin brought to us so far. Who knows? Maybe there might be another lucky event that at this time, we are going to be included?

For some, it was not luck. If you have read rpietilas writings, you would know that for him it was certainly not a question of luck, and what he did was in conformance with the rights of all other beings.

You have the right to sulk and pout, and express it, no problems there, it is more of an advice that this is not in your self interest. You use time and effort, and it closes your mind, and if you had used that in stead to study bitcoin, you would have seen that it is not too late. You are unable to inform yourself and act. I usually don't bother, there are just too many of you.

No one back in the day predicted Bitcoin to ever reach 1000 dollars per unit, literally no one... in fact most people that got rich did so by forgetting about their wallets and then seeing on Fox news how "Bitcoin the internet currency surpassed gold this morning" or something along the lines.
No one would have willingly held from 2009 to the biggest bubble we've seen yet because the thing was too new to properly put a price tag on.
Now we know Bitcoin is not going anywhere and the price will probably be way higher than the last ATH in 10 years, but back in the day it was too experimental. The code released by satoshi was a mess, sure the idea was there, but no one knew if this would scale up properly, in fact we still don't but at least things are different these days and are already on track with good traction. I just don't believe for a second someone would predict this to happen just like Warren Buffet didn't predict the stupid drink named CocaCola would deliver billions in gains years later. You just hold and see what happens, with more or less expectations. LUCK is always involved. Denying the importance of luck in everything = being in denial. The fact i've been here for a while way ahead of the pack = lucky me that I saw something related to Bitcoin somewhere on the internet and started researching on it. If I didn't stumble on some article mentioning Bitcoin I would have found out about it 10 years from now like most people will.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  

Jump to: