Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please give us an interface to check the status of our reports  (Read 1803 times)
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:28:11 PM

I'm confused which reports of mine have been lately considered as bad report !!! As per my calculation 2 reports of mine have been considered as bad report in last 1 week span. It is getting increasingly difficult to understand which reports stand correct, because it seems sometimes the same type is accepted which was rejected before. I think a plain HTML read only interface to know reports status wont be very difficult to have. The following columns will suffice against a certain user...

i. Thread title with thread link

ii. Report Status (Accepted, Rejected, Pending)

Can we expect to have one please ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lamigo

Activity: 571
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:44:45 PM

I'm confused which reports of mine have been lately considered as bad report !!! As per my calculation 2 reports of mine have been considered as bad report in last 1 week span. It is getting increasingly difficult to understand which reports stand correct, because it seems sometimes the same type is accepted which was rejected before. I think a plain HTML read only interface to know reports status wont be very difficult to have. The following columns will suffice against a certain user...

I would like to have this new function as well.
If this cannot be added in the current SMF, can we have it implemented in the new forum?

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:53:38 PM

I also like this feature, when we report something.
Atleast we know the reason why it was bad reports.

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:16:23 PM

I would like to have this new function as well.
If this cannot be added in the current SMF, can we have it implemented in the new forum?

I think we dont need to wait for the new forum to get it implemented. Mods already work on something like this. So the view is probably already there. By filtering that view according to the user ID, data may be presented to individual users.

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:20:49 PM

Please note that, I have not asked for the reason of the bad report. That might not be an existing field or may be optional. We might ask about reasons here in the Meta section against our bad reports. I think, the 2 columns that I have asked for are the basic requirement. Whenever u add the reasoning column, there comes the requirement of another column of the Mod who handled that report. IMO those are not required to start with.

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

Please note that, I have not asked for the reason of the bad report. That might not be an existing field or may be optional. We might ask about reasons here in the Meta section against our bad reports. I think, the 2 columns that I have asked for are the basic requirement. Whenever u add the reasoning column, there comes the requirement of another column of the Mod who handled that report. IMO those are not required to start with.

I understand what you want, but asking about every bad reports in meta will fill meta section so much about bad reports.
That is why I said if there will be option to give little explanation about bad reports it will very helpful.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 06:07:50 PM

I know its not exactly what you are looking for but maybe it can help you:

https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Zebra

Activity: 612

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:18:30 PM

That is a very long list of mod actions. If I count it right, there are a total of 1450 rows.
How much time does the list cover? A week or a month for those 1450 mod actions?

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:31:44 PM

That is a very long list of mod actions. If I count it right, there are a total of 1450 rows.
How much time does the list cover? A week or a month for those 1450 mod actions?

I think it only does it for 24/48 hours but I may be wrong I'm sure I saw a mod comment on this before.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:17:45 PM

Mods have 150+ reports daily so this would cover ~9 days.

-snip-
Last time I counted, 3-4 months ago, total reports for the entire forum was ~150 a day. So if a report sits there for more than a day or two it probably won't get handled. Also, there is literally an ignore button, which will remove a report from your queue (mostly used for foreign language board reports), so one moderator might see 1 report pending, another might see 50. Reports are handled pretty quickly everywhere except alt currencies.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:22:43 PM

Modlog goes 14 days, though the modlog doesn't account for everything. For example a report may be handled, but no logged action was taken (may have been resolved with a pm for example). Modlog also doesn't show reports marked as bad.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:25:33 PM

I'm confused which reports of mine have been lately considered as bad report !!! As per my calculation 2 reports of mine have been considered as bad report in last 1 week span.

This one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646163.msg7223212#msg7223212 doesn't belong in Service Announcements, the guy's offering his services here, on bitcointalk.org, and his website only serves him as a place to put his portfolio on.

About a week back, I think.

Global mods can see handled/bad reports about two weeks back.

Signature space available for rent.
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:31:55 PM

I'm confused which reports of mine have been lately considered as bad report !!! As per my calculation 2 reports of mine have been considered as bad report in last 1 week span.

This one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646163.msg7223212#msg7223212 doesn't belong in Service Announcements, the guy's offering his services here, on bitcointalk.org, and his website only serves him as a place to put his portfolio on.

Thanks for the clarification. I'd also like to know why https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=733891.0 is not moving to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=71.0 ? AFAIK bounty offering goes under Games and rounds and she is not offering any service in this thread. So I reported this thread to be moved. Probably that goes to u as mod of this section.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:41:18 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I'd also like to know why https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=733891.0 is not moving to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=71.0 ? AFAIK bounty offering goes under Games and rounds and she is not offering any service in this thread. So I reported this thread to be moved. Probably that goes to u as mod of this section.

IMHO its a request for a service thus fits the section. Its not a bountyhunt or game either.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:13:34 PM

Yes, bounties are fine in services.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

Yes, bounties are fine in services.

I have always seen bounties go under Games & Round.

By the way, does it belong to Games & Round => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740664.0 ?

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:51:36 AM

About a week back, I think.

Global mods can see handled/bad reports about two weeks back.

Modlog goes 14 days, though the modlog doesn't account for everything. For example a report may be handled, but no logged action was taken (may have been resolved with a pm for example). Modlog also doesn't show reports marked as bad.

No matter it is a week or 2 weeks, it just shows how busy the mods are. Well done, mods. Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

This is necessary indeed. Actually quite important if you want people that will actively report invalid posts.
I do not think that it would be hard to make some basic page that shows this in this forum. Waiting for the next software will take time.
Modlog isn't helpful, one can't be watching patrol, modlog, and read posts/posts, maybe if I had 3 monitors..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 12:36:25 PM

That is nice! I really like to see that implemented on the forum. Is it possible to implement on the current one(if not too busy)? New forum will come on or before September. So please implement now. Now, just make a simple one if the persons are busy and make it better on the next time.
Kindly,
       MZ

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:22:14 PM

I already asked for it and BadBear (if I remember correctly) told me it's unlikely to happen because it would take too much time for the mods to fill

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: