Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:50:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum KILLING BITCOIN!  (Read 10020 times)
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:48:19 AM

They collected over 4k btc?  For vaporware?  I'm in the wrong line of work...  Shocked

silverbox!

where the hell you been, man!

Having kids, driving fast cars, smoking fat stogies, working.

Grin

Took a month off of work, have a bit of time to read the forums.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:58:27 AM

They collected over 4k btc?  For vaporware?  I'm in the wrong line of work...  Shocked

silverbox!

Grin

Glad to hear you're well.

Having kids? Wow, thought you were much older than that.

Things have changed quite a bit since we were at it way back when.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:07:50 AM

silverbox!

Grin

Thx.  Your probably doing fine as well, as its unlikely you sold more then a small portion of your stash Wink.

New woman, new kid..  s??  You might know the drill Wink.

Yeah.  I still have most of my coins.  Patience is a virtue.  Had to get a few toys and upgrade the homestead thu..  Smiley

The debates on here don't change thu, just the price points Wink 

The only remaining question is whether to be Jet people or Yacht people Wink  Might take a few years for me, you should be there already Wink
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:33:07 AM

silverbox!

Grin

Thx.  Your probably doing fine as well, as its unlikely you sold more then a small portion of your stash Wink.

New woman, new kid..  s??  You might know the drill Wink.

Yeah.  I still have most of my coins.  Patience is a virtue.  Had to get a few toys and upgrade the homestead thu..  Smiley

The debates on here don't change thu, just the price points Wink 

The only remaining question is whether to be Jet people or Yacht people Wink  Might take a few years for me, you should be there already Wink

New woman, new kids? Hell no, too cheap for that. Fastest way to poverty.

Ladies and gentleman, this is the infamous silverbox, of the silverbox update, from my gold thread. He won a battle from me when he won 10BTC from me in a bet that Apple wouldn't drop below 500 by a certain date. It eventually did a few months later but I was stupid and he was smart.

I think I won the war, however, with the Silver Slingshot.  Wink
EricTyle

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:40:48 AM

Woo! Cheaper antminers for me!

Don't you have to pay more BTC?

Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:47:30 AM

Nice scam.

Grin

"Who just agrees to something they don't read?

So basically many people bought into a nice ipo promise incoming in 5-6 months without any written contract or something, how brave are those who invested thousands of usd on this.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:53:45 AM

What the fuck is Ethereum?
EricTyle

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:17:42 AM

Some smart contracts thing that allows you to build on top of the blockchain. Or something like that. It's okay though, Ethereum may likely be successful; however, it's probably not worth as much as there is being poured into it.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:28:43 AM

Some smart contracts thing that allows you to build on top of the blockchain. Or something like that. It's okay though, Ethereum may likely be successful; however, it's probably not worth as much as there is being poured into it.

Here's a video
Basically contracts and infrastructure using Turing Complete systems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FDvzj8YX4

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:47:35 AM

The question is not if ethereum is good/bad, the question is why do people give them money for nothing really in return. They will never be able to monatariaze their code because of the open source function. If they are too expensive to use, someone will fork it. If it is too cheap, the ethers will be nearly worthless + inflation Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:40:22 AM

they only got 26k or so total and only a few thousand have moved. why would this "kill bitcoin"? even 26k being dumped across a few exchanges would not be that big of a deal.

The market depth can not absorb 26k coins without the price going down by a lot.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:45:36 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 07:06:27 AM by BittBurger

People do realize they actually made a statement in the contract itself saying 'we may or may not actually make ethereum, invest at your own risk'?

I don't condone violence but trust me, if they simply walk away, the targets on the Vitalik and Charles backs will be bigger than Karpeles'. ...

There are a lot of institutional investors and very wealthy people pouring money into Ethereum IPO.  Some extremely smart people as well, despite popular opinion on this forum.

It wouldn't be prudent for them not to perform in 2014/15 as expected.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:51:57 AM

they only got 26k or so total and only a few thousand have moved. why would this "kill bitcoin"? even 26k being dumped across a few exchanges would not be that big of a deal.

But yet all the sheep were scared shitless that 30K SR Auction coins were going to hit the exchanges.  Scared. Fkn. Shitless.  It's all anyone talked about for 3+ weeks.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:07:02 AM

But yet all the sheep were scared shitless that 30K SR Auction coins were going to hit the exchanges.  Scared. Fkn. Shitless.  It's all anyone talked about for 3+ weeks.

Pretty sure selling 3,000 BTC would do this to the price, wouldn't it?

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:17:45 AM

The market depth can not absorb 26k coins without the price going down by a lot.

Yeah obviously a 26 k dump will send bitcoin price way down, but they say they will only sell 3k now, which already have been sold.. thats why the price dropped like 80 usd. And they will hold the remaining amount.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:01:11 AM

Ethereum raised +26k BTC because people is so irrational they do not understand how bad an investment it might be. Ethers are NOT designed to be scarce and valuable as bitcoins are, Ethers are just tokens used to reward nodes running code on the ethereum network. Furthermore, the final supply is still unknown, the ethereum team is free to create Ethers out thin air as they see fit and inflation will be extremely high - they cannot be too scarce by design, that would hurt their main purpose.

Making a long story short, ethereum as a scripting language might enable awesome smart contracts but Ethers as a currency complete lack the economic incentives that make Bitcoin valuable and potentially much more valuable in the future. Bitcoin is built to be a gold-like, scarce commodity that has all the elements to be "good money", on the contrary Ethers are just "credits", which supply is controlled by a central authority, and which are built to be a security and anti-spam tool for a distributed network.

If you don't plan to build anything on the ethereum network, then you do not need Ethers.

If you bought Ethers because its "Bitcoin 2.0",then you were deeply misguided by ethereum team's marketing.

If you bought into ethereum planning to have a ROI, then your only chance is for the hype to grow, attracting to the market greater fools that do not understand what ethereum is, and what are the economic incentives attached to it.

Back on topic: it seems strange that the ethereum team is dumping instead of making off-exchange transactions. And BTW, which exchange are they using?

Justine

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:17:01 AM

Yeah obviously a 26 k dump will send bitcoin price way down, but they say they will only sell 3k now, which already have been sold.. thats why the price dropped like 80 usd. And they will hold the remaining amount.

Kind of tell people how shallow the buy side for bitcoin is. Any whale can cause bitcoin to crash a lot.
unpure

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:14:58 AM

Nice scam.

Grin

I think it's more of an attempt to cover their ass legally in case things don't work out as planned.

That was exactly what kept me from buying. Too much ass covering. At least, offer something in return for your money.

I do hope it works out for investors but people in the altcoin scene seem ready and willing to throw their money away.

If they are sincere in contributing, why ask money from the public? Do they really need 13M+ to develop the project?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:25:58 AM

Is this similar to Reggie Middleton's ultra-coin?
http://ultra-coin.com/

I do not understand the ultra coin client yet but it seems like one-to-one bets with other ultra coin users on the basis of Bitcoins, locked in a wallet. Seems a nice way to cut out the middleman.

DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:34:05 AM

Total FUD. Most the Etherium IPO funds remain intact and what has been sold was not significant enough to move the market in any meaningful way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: