Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GB] $ GreenBacks $ ~ A Complete Currency & Infrastructure ~  (Read 224546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
imd1

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:30:14 PM

Hello All, I want to start staking my GB - where can I find info on how to start doing this ?

I've downloaded v2.5 of windows wallet - can i use it for staking GB ?

Also how much GB should I have in my wallet to start staking ?

go to settings, create password, go back to settings click unlock wallet, input password, wait 8 hours and you will begin to see 'minted' coins in other words your stake interest will begin to trickle in.

the more GB you have the more you'll stake.

good luck!

Thanks for the response, neutraLTC.

I've done this and now waiting for the 8 hours time window you mentioned. In the meantime, I'm trying to understand more about
backing up the wallet for security purpose before I transfer any GB to the wallet address.

I understand as I'm staking through windows wallet so staking would be active for me only when I'm logged on to my computer,
no staking when my computer is logged off - is this correct ?

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:32:15 PM

Hello for some reason my greenbacks wallet will not open today.. I don't know what to do, shall I take the wallet.dat from roaming and download it onto another computer? We have 250k greenbacks staking and don't want to lose them.  Cry
try to delete all the file in the greenbacks Roaming folder except the wallet.dat (make a backup) and then re try to open the wallet.

Yes, as he said, try to delete everything except for the wallet.dat, then reopen the wallet and let in sync. If this doesn't work, message us.

I've been following GB and this thread for around two months now. I believe in GB.
Today I downloaded v2.5 windows wallet with the intention of start staking my GB.

I understand that I should take backup of my wallet for security reasons.
I referred above post but have query - can you please suggest where I can find greenbacks Roaming folder and wallet.dat file to take backup ?
On windows, go to start, in the search bar digit %appdata% or launcg run and digit %appdata%.
You'll find the roaming folder.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

Hello All, I want to start staking my GB - where can I find info on how to start doing this ?

go to settings, create password, go back to settings click unlock wallet, input password, wait 8 hours and you will begin to see 'minted' coins in other words your stake interest will begin to trickle in.

good luck!

I've done this and now waiting for the 8 hours time window you mentioned. In the meantime, I'm trying to understand more about
backing up the wallet for security purpose before I transfer any GB to the wallet address.

I understand as I'm staking through windows wallet so staking would be active for me only when I'm logged on to my computer,
You stake only when your wallet is open, after the coin mature, you need to wait hours before some coin will be put in stake balance.
I don't really know if there're a rule to know how many coin will be put on stake or why you need to wait a certain amount of time.

imd1

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:47:41 PM

good luck!

You stake only when your wallet is open, after the coin mature, you need to wait hours before some coin will be put in stake balance.
I don't really know if there're a rule to know how many coin will be put on stake or why you need to wait a certain amount of time.

Thanks for the response, Splatters.

Is it possible to stake GB through Amazon cloud server or Digital Ocean so that the staking could be active 24x7 ?
I'm aware that these can be used for forging so wonder if staking is also possible through these servers.

Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

good luck!

Thanks for the response, Splatters.

Is it possible to stake GB through Amazon cloud server or Digital Ocean so that the staking could be active 24x7 ?
I'm aware that these can be used for forging so wonder if staking is also possible through these servers.
I'm not expert in servers so, if you can launch a wallet on an online server, and it works I guess you can stake from there.
From a cloud can you launch an application and keep it open?

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:28:23 AM

We almost have the web wallet and android wallet ready. We're pretty excited to be launching those soon, and as CarltonBanksy said, he is starting the facebook campaign, so maybe we'll see more exposure soon.
When its coming? I want to store my gb in my android.  Smiley
CarltonBanksy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:59:30 PM

The Facebook Ads campaign goes live tomorrow.  Will update with screenshots of how it's going.

Fight is over with LibertyVPS when it comes to the server for Poker.  Currently coding on it, and will have an update soon.
GreenBacksTeam (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:57:43 PM

The Facebook Ads campaign goes live tomorrow.  Will update with screenshots of how it's going.

Fight is over with LibertyVPS when it comes to the server for Poker.  Currently coding on it, and will have an update soon.

Great news to hear, we appreciate everything you're contributing.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:11:40 AM

Fixed
I still have 0 active connections with new wallet  Huh Huh

you have said fixed how , cause i cant get any connect or to sync??

can you PM me with the solution its got me buggered , I have the new wallet ! i stopped it deleted all files except wallet.dat , what else can i do ??

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
microsurfer

Activity: 174
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 11:50:25 AM

Wow! The new wallet is absolutely fantastic! I love the UI and it also loads faster! With android & web wallet, imho Greenbacks is the most undervalued asset in the crypto world! Awesome work dev  Cheesy
rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:41:02 PM

Fixed
I still have 0 active connections with new wallet  Huh Huh

you have said fixed how , cause i cant get any connect or to sync??

can you PM me with the solution its got me buggered , I have the new wallet ! i stopped it deleted all files except wallet.dat , what else can i do ??

if anyone have any solution, please say me. thanks

open your mind!!
thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:54:54 PM

When will the webmwallet and the android wallet be out?

neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:39:16 PM

Awesome, waiting eagerly.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
imd1

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:30:05 PM

I've a query about staking..

my windows wallet tells me "Not staking because you don't have mature coins".

Can someone please explain me the meaning of this statement or forward me a link or doc where this is explained ? Thanks.

imd1

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:54:13 PM

Has anyone here tried this or can suggest if this is possible ?

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

Can someone please explain me the meaning of this statement or forward me a link or doc where this is explained ? Thanks.

Encrypt your wallet (File -> Encrypt)
Write down your password.
Click OK
Wallet will restart
Open GB again (or it might restart)
Unlock Wallet (you'll see 'for staking only' checked)
Wait about 12-24 hours until the coins mature, then go to college and move out of the house.  I might be joking on the last two.
Enjoy.
imd1

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:58:35 PM

Click OK
Wallet will restart
Wait about 12-24 hours until the coins mature, then go to college and move out of the house.  I might be joking on the last two.
Enjoy.

Thanks for responding, bobcaticus.

I did this yesterday and the wallet started staking.
Today I opened the wallet, entered my staking password but staking didn't start and displayed the message "Not staking because you don't have mature coins".

I'm wondering if this is normal behaviour ? And also what does the term 'mature coins' mean ?

GreenBacksTeam (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:17:18 AM

Click OK
Wallet will restart
Enjoy.

Thanks for responding, bobcaticus.

I did this yesterday and the wallet started staking.
Today I opened the wallet, entered my staking password but staking didn't start and displayed the message "Not staking because you don't have mature coins".

I'm wondering if this is normal behaviour ? And also what does the term 'mature coins' mean ?

If you are wanting to stake GB, then you need to keep the wallet open and not close it. The term mature coins just means that the coins have to be in the wallet for a certain amount of time before they are considered "mature" and will start staking. If you close the wallet, then the coins will not become mature, until having been in the wallet while it is open and synced for the amount of time they need. We suggest keeping your wallet open and not closing it, you will notice that your coins will start to stake after some time.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:44:24 AM

Yes true I stake GB and works good.
After send coins from market to wallet I waiting few hours to coins start staking its normal on coins with PoS.
Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:14:16 PM

we're under the ICO price guys!

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: