Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy it is to KILL bitcoin.  (Read 12137 times)
hhanh00

Activity: 467
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:36:13 AM

Actually the best way to kill it or kill it off, is to leave it to the devs..

I know of 3 bugs in the origional bitcoin application, that, despite countless updates, resemble battlefield bad company. See, I cant understand why with so many updates, the bugs people actually WANT removed are allowed to stay, "but we'll add this n that, creating more bugs people can complain about that we know we can fix" - Yeah.. How many changes were made to our wallet's? My lass has 600 bitcoins in her origional wallet, yet she has to install how many different versions BEFORE she can get to use them? Instant? Yeah, after 5 years of re-downloading blockchains before she can do whatever.. and that's of course if she can find every version of bitcoin that had changes made by people who are nothing to do with bitcoin, other than pretending satochi was the bitcoin creator..

Bitcoin app still closes when it wants. Runaway exception's causing whatever we have downloaded of the blockchain to be ruined, so start again.. and again.. how long will it take to download the blockchain in 5 years time?

Fact is, the app itself 'appears' to have zero or miniscule changes, yet how many versions of bitcoin app have been released?

Leave it to the devs.. since they probably own over 60% and wont part with them. Then there's the looming governmental controls.. it's bad enough trying to obtain bitcoins without wondering if they are worth anything at all in the real world, instead of purchasing power that gets ya 10 grands worth of pc that wont be worth half in the next year..

Look at all them faucets.. the fact they tell lies on their first page is enough to put any sensible person off them. Then ya get the stealthepixels scam of, visit next site to be paid instantly.. do you get paid instantly? NO. Conned again by a bitcoin dev.

Think I'm wrong?

75% of the world has NEVER heard of bitcoin, never mind used a computer.

Go on devs.. keep your bitcoins, cause if you think they are worth it, 75% of the world will be like, eh?
You are mistaken as to how bitcoin works. You don't need any of the blockchain to spend it. All you need is the private keys, and to know which inputs you want to spend and a way to broadcast your TX to the network.

I wouldnt say I'm mistaken, maybe misunderstanding, but I have run 2 networks as a test, started each with it's own blockchain, and succesfully placed a found block from one blockchain into another, from then, the two became 1 new one run by two networks. I dont think I'm mistaken, when I think I can not so much 'replace' as 'remix' the blockchain by adding another tune entirely.. it is all a matter of when to do what..

If I had 600 BTC, I wouldn't mind waiting for a couple of days for the blockchain download... More to the point, you don't really need to wait for the complete download of the blockchain to use it. Without it, your balance would not be necessarily up to date because the app doesn't see all the transactions but if you just want to spend you can create a transaction. TBH, the bitcoin core app isn't the best wallet application at all. Its strength is in the implementation of the bitcoin protocol. As a matter of fact, the majority of bitcoin users don't even run it.
The devs own a miserable portions of the coins. They could have but they are devs and not miners or investors. Besides, only of them is paid for their work on bitcoin.
Faucets are scams. Yes, but that's the fault of the faucet - not of bitcoin. Do you blame the dollar for the scams in dollar?

Bitcoin mining is like moving train. In the beginning, it was going at a very slow pace and very little computing resource was used. Satoshi mined a million BTC with a laptop and he could have done it in an instant if he wanted. Some altcoins premine. With the current adoption, it moves at a very fast speed. Jumping on board is nearly impossible. Your experiment shows that you can jump on a slow moving train but it won't work with the main blockchain.

I'm not saying that bitcoin is without flaws but your analysis is incorrect on the technical aspects.
However, whether bitcoin will work or not doesn't depend only on that. Bitcoin could die simply because people don't care / don't trust it and not because someone decides to kill it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:44:05 AM

Yeah, totally agree with the last bit.. see, there's just not enough in the hands of individual's to be of any real use as a currency.. and by the time most holders realise this, they wont be able to sell them, cause the new world order currency euro-doll came out..
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:07:23 AM

Yeah, totally agree with the last bit.. see, there's just not enough in the hands of individual's to be of any real use as a currency.. and by the time most holders realise this, they wont be able to sell them, cause the new world order currency euro-doll came out..

It is actually gaining traction, Man it has a seriously long trip to do.. It is trying to go to the moon... GIVE IT A MOMENT WILL YOU...  lol  Cheesy

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:47:58 AM

My interest in the internet is nothing more than testing my abilities as a penetration tester, with little or no knowledge of the victim. If you think you have thought of everything, I will create that which you never thought of.. just to prove it can be done.

I read how bitcoin is unstoppable.. wrong.

Everything required to intercept bitcoin payments is in place today, and almost worldwide. You can laugh now, but by the time this short post is finished you will realise the truth.. that bitcoin WILL fail, and not of it's own accord, but due to the fact that it is indeed a threat to any and all established currencies of the world, and hence a threat to those countries security.

Why better testers cant see this is beyond me.

First, create laws requiring interception of all traffic at the ISP level.

Second, lets give it a fictional name, like 'No Shitty Attacks' or NSA for short.

Place 'NSA Killbox' between ISP and the world. Switch to record mode.

This means A box between YOUR isp, and the rest of the world. Nothing you can do about this.

Linux users probably think they are cool and can bypass this.. no they cant. They think they can use TOR or some other ip spoofing method.. THIS is an illusion. Yeah it hides your ip from other end users, but YOUR isp has YOUR ip, period. Notice we are all given static ip's now? These are postcoded. Geo tagging is applied to ALL packets leaving YOUR pc at the ISP level, they can now decide where to send ALL packets using strict filtering rules.

When it's decided bitcoin is a threat to the security of any MAJOR country, they can force the isp to re-route p2p traffic to a dns dead end. At this point they can be clear and say, you want passed here, your paying for it.. This is how to tax bitcoin.

Or I could just look at the block chain for address's, write any address found there into my fresh wallet, and take all, using that dns redirect..

To all dodjy faucet owners.. lets see what your worth now that this is in print, it was implemented 4 years ago here where I live.. notice your new security? Made in Scotland.. go on, ask Richard.. B

All they would have to do is tax ASICs.
iTRADEbtc

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:58:58 AM

My interest in the internet is nothing more than testing my abilities as a penetration tester, with little or no knowledge of the victim. If you think you have thought of everything, I will create that which you never thought of.. just to prove it can be done.

I read how bitcoin is unstoppable.. wrong.

Everything required to intercept bitcoin payments is in place today, and almost worldwide. You can laugh now, but by the time this short post is finished you will realise the truth.. that bitcoin WILL fail, and not of it's own accord, but due to the fact that it is indeed a threat to any and all established currencies of the world, and hence a threat to those countries security.

Why better testers cant see this is beyond me.

First, create laws requiring interception of all traffic at the ISP level.

Second, lets give it a fictional name, like 'No Shitty Attacks' or NSA for short.

Place 'NSA Killbox' between ISP and the world. Switch to record mode.

This means A box between YOUR isp, and the rest of the world. Nothing you can do about this.

Linux users probably think they are cool and can bypass this.. no they cant. They think they can use TOR or some other ip spoofing method.. THIS is an illusion. Yeah it hides your ip from other end users, but YOUR isp has YOUR ip, period. Notice we are all given static ip's now? These are postcoded. Geo tagging is applied to ALL packets leaving YOUR pc at the ISP level, they can now decide where to send ALL packets using strict filtering rules.

When it's decided bitcoin is a threat to the security of any MAJOR country, they can force the isp to re-route p2p traffic to a dns dead end. At this point they can be clear and say, you want passed here, your paying for it.. This is how to tax bitcoin.

Or I could just look at the block chain for address's, write any address found there into my fresh wallet, and take all, using that dns redirect..

To all dodjy faucet owners.. lets see what your worth now that this is in print, it was implemented 4 years ago here where I live.. notice your new security? Made in Scotland.. go on, ask Richard.. B

All they would have to do is tax ASICs.
That is much easier said then done. From a technical standpoint ASICs are very different from a personal computer or a specialized computer (it really is a specialized computer), however from a legal perspective I think they are pretty much the same, so it would not be possible to write a law that taxes ASICs but not laptops.
Rum152

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:18:20 AM

Actually the best way to kill it or kill it off, is to leave it to the devs..

I know of 3 bugs in the origional bitcoin application, that, despite countless updates, resemble battlefield bad company. See, I cant understand why with so many updates, the bugs people actually WANT removed are allowed to stay, "but we'll add this n that, creating more bugs people can complain about that we know we can fix" - Yeah.. How many changes were made to our wallet's? My lass has 600 bitcoins in her origional wallet, yet she has to install how many different versions BEFORE she can get to use them? Instant? Yeah, after 5 years of re-downloading blockchains before she can do whatever.. and that's of course if she can find every version of bitcoin that had changes made by people who are nothing to do with bitcoin, other than pretending satochi was the bitcoin creator..

Bitcoin app still closes when it wants. Runaway exception's causing whatever we have downloaded of the blockchain to be ruined, so start again.. and again.. how long will it take to download the blockchain in 5 years time?

Fact is, the app itself 'appears' to have zero or miniscule changes, yet how many versions of bitcoin app have been released?

Leave it to the devs.. since they probably own over 60% and wont part with them. Then there's the looming governmental controls.. it's bad enough trying to obtain bitcoins without wondering if they are worth anything at all in the real world, instead of purchasing power that gets ya 10 grands worth of pc that wont be worth half in the next year..

Look at all them faucets.. the fact they tell lies on their first page is enough to put any sensible person off them. Then ya get the stealthepixels scam of, visit next site to be paid instantly.. do you get paid instantly? NO. Conned again by a bitcoin dev.

Think I'm wrong?

75% of the world has NEVER heard of bitcoin, never mind used a computer.

Go on devs.. keep your bitcoins, cause if you think they are worth it, 75% of the world will be like, eh?
You are mistaken as to how bitcoin works. You don't need any of the blockchain to spend it. All you need is the private keys, and to know which inputs you want to spend and a way to broadcast your TX to the network.

I wouldnt say I'm mistaken, maybe misunderstanding, but I have run 2 networks as a test, started each with it's own blockchain, and succesfully placed a found block from one blockchain into another, from then, the two became 1 new one run by two networks. I dont think I'm mistaken, when I think I can not so much 'replace' as 'remix' the blockchain by adding another tune entirely.. it is all a matter of when to do what..
You don't need to have the entire blockchain in order to use/spend bitcoin. If your client is missing a portion of the blockchain then you would not have your "balance" updated for any TXs after the last block but everything else would work fine. You would be able to send and receive bitcoin the exact same way, only that you would have difficulty verifying that a TX was in fact confirmed.

Bit N Roll

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:23:15 AM

Your theory is purely fictional and quite unrealistic.

Here's a few theories of my own:
1. Dinosaurs rise again and attack humans
2. Aliens invade
3. Trillions of invisible nano bots suck the electricity out of everything in the world sending us back into the stone age
4. World blows up

Though what your saying can be fathomed as possible it's also implying that every free country on this planet is willing to convert to a communism with their repeated "We're doing it for your own good!" bullshit.

I want to add a big LOL to this comment. Add something like Bin Laden's alive, Michael will return and Tupac is not dead.  Cheesy Cheesy
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:47:14 PM

Security? Do you mean that using Bitcoin would make parasite's life harder?
Kickstart4

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:56:44 PM

Bitcoin can be lot more tough to kill especially with the amount of miners mining bTC and the no of transactions going on everyday.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:24:39 PM

The problem with the above, is now it will take double if not quadruple the time to mine anything..?

Skrillex

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:47:39 PM

It's impossible, it would be like trying to kill T-1000, good luck with that!
zokizuan

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:20:55 PM

are you nuts?

Decksperiment

a brokenhearted..Its seems
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:42:08 PM

Of course am fuckin nuts.. c'mere while I nut ye ya K**t..

You are a sick player my man, thinking what you just wrote matters.. since it matters to everyone at one point or another.. for you however, I grant this to you and your family for the rest of your families existance, ahave a nice day..

A broken heart? yeah, when I was WEE.. Am big enuff tae have kids that will bring you to me..

Ps.. see that backtrack slogan? think you can make one like that? Origional? Sell ye mine.. ?

Didnae think so.. why give u a scent?
dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:39:13 AM

Security? Do you mean that using Bitcoin would make parasite's life harder?

I am pretty sure what decksperiment is saying about being able to intercept bitcoin payments is not true. When a TX is sent the TX is signed with something that proves the holder of the private key actually signed the message. The signature is unique to, both the amount of bitcoin being sent as well as what address the TX is sending to (among other things). 
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:15:09 AM

The problem with the above, is now it will take double if not quadruple the time to mine anything..?

What's wrong with that? That's Bitcoin is more secure.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

How do you kill the internet?

How do you read an encrypted datagram or packet?

Can torrents be stopped? (the ones that don't use web based trackers anyways?)

On another tangent, if the top 50 countries (the rich ones) ban bitcoin and succeed in doing so, how about the rest of the world? Will they all follow? Or will they embrace crypto? Not just the governments, but the people of those countries.

richardramirez9

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

It's impossible, unless you kill civilization, literally.
Albuyeh

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:51:23 PM

I think it is almost impossible to kill Bitcoin. Day by day Bitcoin is becoming more popular. Most of the online stores start accepting Bitcoin including Ebay and Amazon.
howareyo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:04:22 PM

To kill bitcoin you should hack all the computers and farms on the network, it's impossible.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:07:29 PM

How do you kill the internet?

How do you read an encrypted datagram or packet?

Can torrents be stopped? (the ones that don't use web based trackers anyways?)

On another tangent, if the top 50 countries (the rich ones) ban bitcoin and succeed in doing so, how about the rest of the world? Will they all follow? Or will they embrace crypto? Not just the governments, but the people of those countries.

1. ddos isp port 69, this will prevent, if successful, any modem receiving the config file required to get you online. Failin that, switch off national grid.

2. Solarwinds amongst others..

3. Banning wont work, for the same reasons most have posted here. Have you seen the speeds of torrents nowadaiz? Off course the isp can 'see' p2p transfer's, and can filter/throttle them, in fact, if I was an isp and wanted none of my customers to use bitcoin, I would simply block all p2p traffic in cmts.. like they CAN..

Remember guys, I'm just curious. I appreciate the good posts that offer interesting comments, but the one liners from pointed hats in a corner.. no wonder they sit there..

I accept it cannot be killed. However I also believe it CAN be hacked, which this thread should have been called.

Thank you everyone, I'm done with this thread, the best win, and I sit here satisfied at being well taught by none, bar a few good yins Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: