Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:53:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesse Liver-no-more  (Read 13943 times)
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:13:20 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 08:59:51 AM by masternode

Curious.  Looking at the order book, I'm pretty confident it's about to break the trend line.  I clearly see a double bottom forming (double bottom @ around 0.0003).  But I'm not sure if the time frame is too long (@ 2hr), or if that is even a factor.

It just seems like the formation has a lot of the criteria that fits the big W description in the link below.

http://thepatternsite.com/bigw.html

Just wondering your take on this Jesse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

Confirming your observation on DRK - have closed all DRK long positions here.
SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:48:56 AM

Very interesting analysis, thanks for that thread, i'll follow, great stuff:)
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 11:41:47 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2019, 10:41:10 PM by andreibi

Nice thread to watch. I'll be watching this if you have the moxy to trade good.

Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:09:22 AM

You are violating your third rule and actually suggesting others to violate it too Smiley

But some good (and, it seems, honest) comments.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:08:59 AM

The good buy on GB was two days ago, at around 0.000006, when some traders started twitting about it, but since we had a double top around 0.00001 that was breached (and a double bottom at around 0.0000056), I guess it can go to about 0.000015. I just bought some at about 0.00001. But with an eye on the 0.00001 and on the 20 day moving average that has supported the price as a mental stop.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
SkyValeey

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:27:28 PM

What's about DRK? below 54 or not? Smiley
i think yes, maybe even below 5 this week...
SkyValeey

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:20:00 PM

Any update about DRK? Hmm fake walls 600k and 630k removed, but still very boring and lazy...

I wish 694.9k + next days  Smiley
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:29:12 PM

And speaking of MintPal I think the signs are definitely pointing to them using customers' DRK holdings to short-sell DRK. This is still a pretty preliminary theory of mine but I'm noticing things from MintPal that just don't make sense and circumstantially point to them going short DRK. I'll explain later and will come up with a way for the community to test this theory soon.

Crash Mintpal - Buy Darkcoin! Wink

hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:14:17 AM

Following this thread  Wink

me too  Tongue

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
Trivelius

Activity: 344

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:19:08 AM

Excellent job Jesse! +1

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
SkyValeey

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:31:02 AM

GB - just bulltrap or bullish flag to new flag soon and break new high?  Wink
Bullish cap and handle pattern? Smiley

M4B0X

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:16:10 PM

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/JesseLivermore/BTC82714_zpsec339fa0.png
Let's look at the mother-of-all-whales, BTC.
Right now there is a short-term inverse head-and-shoulders about to complete above a breakout of 524 on BitStamp. From there the target (T1) is just over 560....well if it breaks above 545 it will also trigger a larger inverse head-and-shoulders pattern which targets about 610 (T2).

Something to keep an eye on.
JL

Something fishy these days...
Was looking at Bitfinex, big players forcing traders into positions where they will get burned.
Similar fatwallet games in LTC market.
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:35:41 AM

Interesting thread. Let's hear your observations on a possible falling wedge pattern in XC. What do you think?

AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

DARKCOIN!!!!!

Funny how this works out that I am now going long, yet again, on Darkcoin after having recent successful and unsuccessful trades back and forth in it.
This one, though, looks good. Real good.
First off, there is a rather ugly inverse head and shoulders pattern here and while it has technically been broken already to the upside on MintPal, I believe what is happening is a whale is trying his best to accumulate without getting an ugly 30%+ fill price. There are few coins available on the ask without popping price. This is my own speculation but I believe it's an insider, connected with Evan or Kristov how is doing this accumulating here.
Second, this is the most basic of basic of chart-reading, there is a double-bottom that happened yesterday across all three major exchanges (MP, Craptsy, Bitfinex) and now we have actual buying pressure which is also corresponding with what could be really favorable reviews by Kristov Atlas perhaps.

So as you can see, the initial target is .006 with a stop below a break of the double-bottom across all three exchanges.
Trust me, I would like nothing better than to stay away from any more Darkcoin trades, but my gut is telling me this is the final end of the Darkcoin downtrend from May.
Technically, I would need to see a break above the falling trendline at .008 for confirmation though.

JL

One of the best threads which worths visiting in BCT now. I still regret didn't buy GB at 800 sat according to your post. Thanks for the excellent posts.
fuddudle

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:26:56 PM

Looking at the order book IOC has double the sell volume. How did you come to justify this?

TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:34:08 AM

Order books are useless for predicting future direction unless you are the big holder trying to get in or out.

Most traders want instant fills and don't even put their order on the order books and instead just jump on the best ask or bid. Darkcoin is an excellent example of this. For about the past 2 months the buy order book has been stacked most of the time and sell order book minimal and yet price went lower and lower. This was because other traders wanting out right away were consistently hitting the best bid with large sells and eating away at the buy book.
You've essentially contradicted yourself. In the scenario you just described, the price would have crashed much harder if the bids were extremely thin and much less hard if there were gigantic whale-sized bid walls. Order books are of limited predictive utility, but believing they have no effect at all on future price movement is spectacularly silly.

Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

IOCoin still looking good, could use more volume now though.
Also, Darkcoin is looking like it will blast off big here soon. All it does is consolidate more and more. Not much more consolidation is possible until that thing pops and officially breaks out of this many months-long downtrend.

Moving on to a new endeavor I'm thinking about...
"Jesse Livermore Trading Coin"
With Viacoin anyone can create a coin for trading, and send distributions (dividends) to coin-holders. I'm thinking of starting a coin there which would allow you all to directly benefit from trades I perform. I think something along the lines of an exchangeable coin with a 10% bi-weekly distribution of trade profits to all coin-holders would be cool.
So you would buy the coin with VIA, I would use that VIA to trade into other coins and hopefully earn some profits.

What's the benefit to me?
Nothing at first but I figure eventually (maybe a couple weeks into it) a flat 5% of profits performance fee with a high water mark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_fee#High_water_marks).

Let me know what you all think.
JL

How about I just give you 5 btc and if you double it, you take 10%?
TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:08:54 PM

I'd be quite tempted by this if I hadn't been burned by TradeFortress. Embarrassed

Suggestion: If you could figure out a way to do this with some kind of collateral held in escrow there'd probably be a lot more interest.

AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:38:40 PM

IOCoin still looking good, could use more volume now though.
Also, Darkcoin is looking like it will blast off big here soon. All it does is consolidate more and more. Not much more consolidation is possible until that thing pops and officially breaks out of this many months-long downtrend.

Moving on to a new endeavor I'm thinking about...
With Viacoin anyone can create a coin for trading, and send distributions (dividends) to coin-holders. I'm thinking of starting a coin there which would allow you all to directly benefit from trades I perform. I think something along the lines of an exchangeable coin with a 10% bi-weekly distribution of trade profits to all coin-holders would be cool.
So you would buy the coin with VIA, I would use that VIA to trade into other coins and hopefully earn some profits.

What's the benefit to me?
Nothing at first but I figure eventually (maybe a couple weeks into it) a flat 5% of profits performance fee with a high water mark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_fee#High_water_marks).

Let me know what you all think.
JL

I will support it. Just tell when do you start.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: