Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:35:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XC uses multisig address and transaction? The answer is NO!! Look at facts here!  (Read 7055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
timerland (OP)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:40:45 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 07:48:44 PM by timerland

OK, since there are too many fuds on the old thread, I decided to close it and open a self-mod one.
===
XC, a hot alt coin, claims that it is a trustless system and uses multisig technology to do it. See below

But I am puzzled by the fact that despite they talk like this, I don't see a single multisig address in XC nor do I see any multisig tx. As we all know, these are the central parts, if we do use this technology, we will see a lot talk about it, like in whitepaper, in thread discussions, the multisig addresses and tx are shown in the blockchain explorer etc (look at Superoicn/MammothCoin's threads, there are plenty talk on that. I can find quickly 10 multisig addresses and associated with transactions, they are currently doing alpha tests in mammothcoin network, so all the multisig addresses are for Mammothcoin, soon I expect to see for supercoinsm which is scheduled for beta tests). Can anyone show me XC's multisig addresses and their associated transactions?

This should be an easy thing to do. But since I don't see any, I doubt if the multisig is really implemented in XC. It looks more like a scam to me. Also, when I search the XC thread, I see this from someone (likely a dev of XC):

m-of-m multisig? Are you drunk? What fun will you have to have m-of-m multisig?? If one guy is bad then you want the wallet is locked forever? Do you guys understand what is a multisig address and how to use it?

It looks like this is a scam. Otherwise please show me some good examples you use in XC.

BTW, for Mammothcoin, they are testing for multisig trustless systems now, you see plenty multisig addresses and transactions there, you can even join the tests I think. There are some recordings in Mammothcoin/Supercoin's thread, for example:
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2j2IinsMO

and this is one of many multisig address with some transactions associated with it (there are plenty similar ones):
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/mamm/address.dws?bTz39geL1BR5UUdAciB8oh1F33eW1FXFcW.htm

Also they explained very clearly the concept and detailed workflow they use for the multisig trustless system:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736705.msg8324932#msg8324932

Can you show me similar details in XC? If it is really there Grin

EDIT: The answer seems no, the XC dev provided two links with only regular XC addresses. People in the forum created examples of the XC multisig addresses for them  Grin See below:

OK, for those from XC who never seen a real XC multisig address, let me show you what it is, and you can tell me if there are any exist today on the blockchain Grin

All the one posted in the above links by synechist are regular XC addresses, they are not multisig addresses, why? because XC's multisig address starts with 4, not X.

I downloaded XC wallet, and from there in console, I created 2 multisig addresses.

I used these 3 private-public key pairs:

public key: 033942099d7fb91a51b0e2899040c36cf5337002f43b2e80ec3afe3c81cbb5a3db
private key: X35fMeU3c159SX4tWVnA7ZW7DxTyw7BCqEmt92Nw5N87kezytJSZ

public key: 02733ae45bf1d7fc5b24dcdbf54c0dd2b106a39233e65cdb47fd0fd925734f4b83
private key: X7oy79myB5WmKXAjey6oZPfo12BHmwRfD9k4rmL2oYUMdjff48NU

public key: 02307e5d3924fa8d95093ed61bfa4ecb4bf108196013ee1de466589bcf3fb212b8
private key: X2z4smxErHnkVBZnWzfPMDMNdMvD3mAnB7w7YD1BFeppf3iqUyWJ

these pairs are derived from the addresses I have. From there I created 2 addresses: 2-of-3 multisig address and 3-of-3 multisig address (though this one is of no use - just to show):

2-of-3 multisig address: 4ShqMQFoQFLBzhXDs3aJJMnDNLZ9JTrxKH
3-of-3 multisig address: 4XCmiwfQCm6gQNrW6kaXZJawLPekQGQf5o

BTW, you can make some deposits to 2-of-3 multisig address, and I can show you how to spend it. I can do a tutorial for you guys who have no ideas on what is a multisig address. Grin Grin

wow, thanks some138 to show us what are the real multisig addresses in XC.

From what XC's dev's post, and the "multisig" tx and address they provided in the above links, I can say that they did not understand what is a multisig, they mixed multi input/out tx with multisig? Anyway, they did not seem to implement the multisig at all. Looks like they've been cheating all the way along (consciously or unconsciously).

Multisig addresses usually start with a different letter than their regular address. For example, Bitcoin's regular address starts with "1", its multisig address starts with "3". Supercoin's regular address starts with "S", its multisig address starts with "C". Mammothcoin's regular address starts with "M", its multisig address starts with "b". etc. For XC, its regular address starts with X and multisig address starts with "4". Everyone can create a multisig address using XC client and verify yourself.

I will re-post some key posts from last thread here.

Also let me post the simple question here (will take 30 sec if you go to Mammothcoin or Supercoin for the same question):

provide us an XC multisig address that has tx associated with it, in the blockchain, so we can inspect and see what is there. This can prove you actually have the capability of multisig.

EDIT: now XC acknowledged that they don't use multisig, this has been our doubts all the way along, now confirmed by them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=742025.msg8386164#msg8386164
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=742025.msg8386069#msg8386069

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:41:43 PM

Just so everyone knows, ATCsecure is releasing a whitepaper this weekend to explain The Tech! That will clarify all questions

a whitepaper does not solve much, I asked a very very simple question (nothing is simpler if they already implemented it):

- Can you please point to me some XC's multisig addresses and their transactions, so I can verify independently if the multisig is indeed implemented as you claimed.

If I want an example from Mammthcoin, I can get it in less than 30 sec in their thread.

Can anyone do me a favor and provide me the info I want? Again nothing is simpler, if it is there already

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:43:11 PM

Can anyone show me XC's multisig addresses and their associated transactions?
Would these satisfy your curiosity?
- http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/block.dws?62014.htm
- http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?229177.htm

You're an arse for fudding instead of just downloading the wallet and trying out Privacy Mode.

m-of-m multisig? Are you drunk? What fun will you have to have m-of-m multisig?? If one guy is bad then you want the wallet is locked forever?

So, your reasoning process:
- timerland doesn't understand the point of m-of-m multisig.

- timerland doesn't bother to ask people from XC what m-of-m is used for.

- timerland simply concludes, with the foolhardiness of a drunk pullet, that the truth is not that he lacks understanding but that XC is a scam.

You're not very civil are you?

Just come and ask us questions next time instead of creating a fruitless and irritating FUD thread.

If you have further questions, you're welcome to ask, nicely.

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:44:04 PM

Can anyone show me XC's multisig addresses and their associated transactions?
Would these satisfy your curiosity?

You're an arse for fudding instead of just downloading the wallet and trying out Privacy Mode.

m-of-m multisig? Are you drunk? What fun will you have to have m-of-m multisig?? If one guy is bad then you want the wallet is locked forever?

So, your reasoning process:
- timerland doesn't understand the point of m-of-m multisig.

- timerland doesn't bother to ask people from XC what m-of-m is used for.

- timerland simply concludes, with the foolhardiness of a drunk pullet, that the truth is not that he lacks understanding but that XC is a scam.

You're not very civil are you?

Just come and ask us questions next time instead of creating a fruitless and irritating FUD thread.

If you have further questions, you're welcome to ask, nicely.

these?

you made me laugh, where are multisig addresses?? these are all regular XC addresses. Do you want me to create a XC multi-address for you? Do you know how multisig address look like? You try to cheat an expert here?

Tell me, how you create a multisig address?

Also do you know how multisig address is used? what do you do with a m-of-m address? if there's a cheater being o1 of m, then what can you do anything with the address? your fund will be locked forever on that address! You can not do a thing, because you can't get the cheater to sign any transaction for you. Multisig is used mostly for m-of-n, where m < n for evident reasons.

You keep talking m-of-m, meaning you understand nothing about multisig. Don't pretent an expert here. Many people in this thread understand what they talk, you can't fool people here.

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:44:57 PM

OK, for those from XC who never seen a real XC multisig address, let me show you what it is, and you can tell me if there are any exist today on the blockchain Grin

All the one posted in the above links by synechist are regular XC addresses, they are not multisig addresses, why? because XC's multisig address starts with 4, not X.

I downloaded XC wallet, and from there in console, I created 2 multisig addresses.

these pairs are derived from the addresses I have. From there I created 2 addresses: 2-of-3 multisig address and 3-of-3 multisig address (though this one is of no use - just to show):

BTW, you can make some deposits to 2-of-3 multisig address, and I can show you how to spend it. I can do a tutorial for you guys who have no ideas on what is a multisig address. Grin Grin

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

wow, thanks some138 to show us what are the real multisig addresses in XC.

From what XC's dev's post, and the "multisig" tx and address they provided in the above links, I can say that they did not understand what is a multisig, they mixed multi input/out tx with multisig? Anyway, they did not seem to implement the multisig at all. Looks like they've been cheating all the way along (consciously or unconsciously).

Multisig addresses usually start with a different letter than their regular address. For example, Bitcoin's regular address starts with "1", its multisig address starts with "3". Supercoin's regular address starts with "S", its multisig address starts with "C". Mammothcoin's regular address starts with "M", its multisig address starts with "b". etc. For XC, its regular address starts with X and multisig address starts with "4". Everyone can create a multisig address using XC client and verify yourself.

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:46:43 PM

For those who are still "confused", let me repeat again:

XC claimed to have implemented multisig. If this is true, then it is trivial to provide some multisig addresses with multisig tx associated with them, that we can see and inspect in the blockchain.

Saying implemented multisig but unable to provide even one multisig address? That dev provided some links deemed to be multisig transactions, but we don't even see one single multisig address there. He keep talking m-of-m (a joke for those who know what is multisig for), and provided regular addresses as multisig addresses, do you think he knows anything about multisig?

A community member just showed what a true XC multisig address look like. Now if you continue claim XC has it, show everyone a multisig address and tx in the blockchain. Nothing is simpler, and let's not waste our (and everyone's) time by arguing. There's nothing to argue here, just show the facts! Experts know what you are talking about.

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:47:59 PM

For those who are still "confused", let me repeat again:

XC claimed to have implemented multisig. If this is true, then it is trivial to provide some multisig addresses with multisig tx associated with them, that we can see and inspect in the blockchain.

Saying implemented multisig but unable to provide even one multisig address? That dev provided some links deemed to be multisig transactions, but we don't even see one single multisig address there. He keep talking m-of-m (a joke for those who know what is multisig for), and provided regular addresses as multisig addresses, do you think he knows anything about multisig?

Some community members just show what a true XC multisig address look like. Now if you continue claim XC has it, show everyone the address and tx in the blockchain. Nothing is simpler, and let's not waste our (and everyone's) time by arguing. There's nothing to argue here, just show the facts! Experts know what you are talking about.

And like stated before: Why do you want us to provide this information? You can do it all yourself it seems..

Instead of coming to our Community and build some trust to get us explaining you things you make a thread with stupid claims that don't hold any grounds.

Is it worth arguing like this? If you have it, it will take you 30 sec to provide the info. Want a mammothcoin multisig address with transactions associated with it, and inspect from blockchain explorer? I can provide that to you in 30 sec.

If you do not have it and can not provide it, don't waste time here. You don't fool people here.

I see arguments over arguments, XC supporters, don't waste time please. As people said, it takes 30sec to provide a multisig address and tx. There are 100s in the Mammothcoin blockchain, I can give you one in 30 sec. Why not show yours? With so many posts and I don't see a single one? Anyone with IQ > 80 can conclude correctly what it means.

DO NOT WASTE TIME

Smiley
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:48:54 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 07:05:50 PM by SushiChef

They are mixing apples and oranges, XC is trustless based on the signatures of all parties during the private transaction.  Its not using MULTI_SIG N OF M Address's.

The transactions are SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES, if any of the outputs are missing, then it is not signed by all parties.

Here is an example of a private decentralized distributed multi-path transaction consisting of 4 parties. >>> http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?229236.htm

timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:51:13 PM

OK so far for the quote from previous topic, at least we see the facts there. What I ask (and many others from forum) is very simple: provide us a multisig address that has tx associated with it, in the blockchain, so we can inspect and see what is there. This can prove you actually have the capability of multisig.

Very simple question, and please don't post fuds and waste everyone time there.

Smiley
timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:52:46 PM

They are mixing apples and oranges, XC is trustless based on the signatures of all parties during the private transaction.  Its not using MULTI_SIG N OF M Address's.

The transactions are SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES, if any of the outputs are missing, then it is not signed by all parties.

Here is an example of a private decentralized distributed multi-path transaction consisting of 4 parties. >>> http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?229236.htm

You made me laugh again, where is the multisig address in this link?

The following are quoted from greenclover:

Smiley
greenclover

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Thanks for creating a self-mod one. So let's see the facts here. No fuds Grin
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

I will post it in BIG letters... no fud so no reason to delete

some138

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:01:37 PM

Yes that's good.

BTW, XC supporters, the 2 multisig addresses I created (I suppose most of you if not all first time to see real multisig address for XC), they are not on the blockchain explorer yet. Because no tx associated with them.

Hint: do some deposits to the two addresses, then you will see them in the blockchain explorer. The only problem is that you will not be able to spend the fund there, as I am the only one to have the private keys that can sign and spend.

If needed, I can provide a tutorial on how the multisig tx can be used and how they are signed etc. Actually you find most already in the SuperSend's whitepaper. Grin

timerland (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:04:38 PM

No need to be big letters, it seems that you are so desperate. My reply was just above your post. Here let me post it again:

Smiley
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 07:06:50 PM

Yes that's good.

BTW, XC supporters, the 2 multisig addresses I created (I suppose most of you if not all first time to see real multisig address for XC), they are not on the blockchain explorer yet. Because no tx associated with them.

Hint: do some deposits to the two addresses, then you will see them in the blockchain explorer. The only problem is that you will not be able to spend the fund there, as I am the only one to have the private keys that can sign and spend.

If needed, I can provide a tutorial on how the multisig tx can be used and how they are signed etc. Actually you find most already in the SuperSend's whitepaper. Grin
WOW!! you can read code and understand stuff better then some of us, your so superior aren't you, XC will release a white paper for you to jack off too latter today so do your wrist stretches and get your aloe and lanolin ready wanker.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 07:09:31 PM

No need to be big letters, it seems that you are so desperate. My reply was just above your post. Here let me post it again:

SO!! is it settled XC does use Multisig, your two threads have been proven to be a waste of time and made you look not only stupid but desperate, next time try harder..bye
some138

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:10:31 PM

Yes that's good.

WOW!! you can read code and understand stuff better then some of us, your so superior aren't you, XC will release a white paper for you to jack off too latter today so do your wrist stretches and get your aloe and lanolin ready wanker.

Yes yes, whitepaper, resume, etc, stop talking these nonsense.

People here are asking you for a simple multisig address, so they can verify what you have claimed implemented multisig. So many posts are done, no single multisig address can be provided, what does that meaning? anyone can see it!

SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:11:24 PM

Its not using MULTI_SIG N OF M Address's.
btcsup

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:11:27 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 07:26:26 PM by btcsup

I have the real proof atcsecure xc dev posted on mammothcoin thread and he said this is as multisig address!

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?229177.htm (This is atcsecure's (XC dev) multisig wallet   Grin Grin  lol see how he tries to cheat without fear)

see how he tries

He as big dev saying first he does not need whitepaper at all, second advising poor mammoth dev to check multisig...

This the amazing technology how to cheat people.

But he is stupid enough to post non multisig address at the same time. http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?229177.htm
This is not possible without using multisig to build decentralization unless alliens (or hype) builds new technology. See video speaks about.

XC facts
FACT 1 XC dev is proven to be lier!
FACT 2 XC dev cheated people on website about XC technology.
FACT 3 XC dev tried to fud with army of fudster on mammothcoin.
FACT 4 XC dev selling something else with different package.

To learn more about REAL multisig technology Watch the video

OpenBazaar's Sam Patterson Talks Ecommerce, Decentralization, Multisig & More | Coin Brief Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK85PCee3pU

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, don't miss!. SrmjM2Q8BK8S92TmLP7V3j3YNVJSY3KZ6G
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: