Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bot  (Read 21498 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 06:02:49 AM

"If you are doing this triangular arbitrage how will you protect against slippage in the fiat currency exchange rate?"

We will not protect against slippage other than be relatively balanced in what we hold. Yen goes down dollars go up a small amount. The difference will be not noticeable.

If we do 2000 trades a day and make 50 cents a trade the 5$ we might lose in the currency slippage for the day wont really matter all that much.

This system is not perfectly efficient but it will be more efficient than what is in the wild now if funded fully.

Do you have your bot hooked into fiat trading exchanges so you can exchange USD for EUR or RMB, ect?

At this time no. We can do this work by hand. No need to risk safety for speed in this case.

OK.  Triangular arbitration has a lot of potential with bitcoin.  Looking at exchanges that are denominated in the minor and exotic currencies shows that there is a lot of inefficiency in those markets.  The problem is the volume.

Since you will be exchanging fiat currencies by hand I assume you will not be doing triangular arbitrage as all three currency exchanges need to occur simultaneously or else you have a risk of price change.  It seems like you will be sticking with two-currency arbitrage and taking advantage of inefficiencies between bitcoin exchanges.  For more information on three or multi currency arbitrage you can read this pdf on the subject.

A way to hook in a bot is to use Interactive Brokers.  I unfortunately do not have the capital to open up an account with them, but their API is really nice.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 06:05:26 AM

Also, as other arbitrage bots have seen the ban hammer from exchanges, what assurances do you have that yours will not?
I wasn't aware of that anyone had been banned.  Seems kind of strange to ban someone for bringing liquidity to your market while paying you fees...

stochastic

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 06:07:44 AM

Also, as other arbitrage bots have seen the ban hammer from exchanges, what assurances do you have that yours will not?
I wasn't aware of that anyone had been banned.  Seems kind of strange to ban someone for brining liquidity to your market while paying you fees...

I also have not heard of any bots being banned.  I did hear that some were disabled because they were inputting the wrong password to log in.  Also, mtgox sent emails to those accounts using its API that the authentication was going to change on March 1, but they did not ban any trading bots.  That is what an API is for.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 08:18:13 AM

Just one question really.

How do account for volume/depth between exchanges?

I.E.

MTGOX  1000 BTC @ 5 USD
EXCHX     10 BTC @ 4 USD

etc...

I can see it on a small scale but not a large scale and not to mention all the competition from all the other bots trying to do the same thing.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

Well performance evidence will only be provided to people who want to buy into the company and not bond holders.
how much to buy into the company?

I didnt see any answers to this questions.
Who developed the bot, and what is the developer's trading experience?

Are there any test results for the bot?

Has it run with live funds yet?

one more question who else is in the company? I didnt see it mentioned anywhere in this thread.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 06:23:07 AM

How much to buy in? A lot.

Other people involved are my partner the coder and someone who helps him.

Which means: guess it yourself. your imagination will be able to fill the hole. I have very good excuse to not disclosure anything that matters(privacy of course). I'm so popular on this forum and been paying so high rate of return, you just buy it.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
stochastic

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 06:27:45 AM

Which means: guess it yourself. your imagination will be able to fill the hole. I have very good excuse to not disclosure anything that matters(privacy of course). I'm so popular on this forum and been paying so high rate of return, you just buy it.

You either want to spread FUD and buy in at a low rate or you are a troll.  If you don't trust Goat then don't buy.  It is that simple.  I find it interesting that people argue so much to make strangers think they are right.

Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 01:26:22 PM

I see that you pay dividends at 6:00 PM, but on what day? Also, now that you have sold roughly 50% of the IPO, has the bot started trading?
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 05:45:59 PM

You either want to spread FUD and buy in at a low rate or you are a troll.  If you don't trust Goat then don't buy.  It is that simple.  I find it interesting that people argue so much to make strangers think they are right.

You know it very clear that you are now in a Ponzi scheme. And you still have not get back your principal. Confidence is very crucial for the Ponzi game. A real company will survival in a doubt, but a Ponzi won't. You know that and your angry expressed in your reply proved your awareness of your danger.  

When the famous popular ID collapse into a scamming scandal, I will review this post.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 07:01:28 PM

Is one of them the guy who ran bitscalper ?

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
stochastic

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 08:46:45 PM

You either want to spread FUD and buy in at a low rate or you are a troll.  If you don't trust Goat then don't buy.  It is that simple.  I find it interesting that people argue so much to make strangers think they are right.

You know it very clear that you are now in a Ponzi scheme. And you still have not get back your principal. Confidence is very crucial for the Ponzi game. A real company will survival in a doubt, but a Ponzi won't. You know that and your angry expressed in your reply proved your awareness of your danger.  

When the famous popular ID collapse into a scamming scandal, I will review this post.

What I said was angry?  I am not angry, I am just pointing out that if you don't trust Goat then don't buy it.  You don't need to go around thinking you are a bitcoin Superman trying to stop Lex Luther.  It is not that big of a deal.  If you trust Goat 100% then give him all your money.  If you don't trust at all then don't waste your time being worried about him.

All investments have an element of risk.  Bitcoin has a lot of risk from currency fluctuations.  There is also risk that Goat disappears.  He could get hit by a bus tomorrow and all the money invested is lost or put on hold until someone figures out how to pay people back.  I could get hit by a bus too and all my money is worthless.  A security flaw could be found in bitcoin rendering it useless, a bug in the bot could be discovered making it not be as efficient as previously thought, GLBSE could be hacked and all the bitcoins and/or shares could be stolen or lost, or a thousand other things.  You need to do your own due-diligence before investing in highly speculative things.

You need to understand that higher returns usually come with greater risk.  Goat has 3 main things on GLBSE, TyGrr, TyGrr-Bank, and now TyGrr-Bot.  TyGrr has been around for a few months now and has consistently paid dividends.  The market for TyGrr shares are fairly liquid.  TyGrr-Bank has been around only a few weeks and Goat said it will not last forever.  I would also not be surprised if the interest rate goes much lower for that bond.  The weekly rate of return for mining companies on GLBSE is about 0.1% so 2.5% is extremely good.  I should also point out that at a weekly rate of 0.1% a week would give a return similar to some high paying dividend stocks on the NYSE or NASDAQ, and stocks on the NYSE or NASDAQ have an astronomically greater volume than GLBSE.  Investors should expect a much higher rate of return due to risk in GLBSE more so than 0.1% a week.

TyGrr-Bot is brand new.  No one really knows if it will be profitable or not.  That is a risk that people are willing to take with small amounts of money.  It is normal that people will more likely take on more risk than is reasonably expected the lower the amount of money they invest, but that is no excuse to follow Goat around and spit out opinions on Goat's solvency.  Otherwise I also can spit out my opinions that you are nothing but a scamming manipulator trying to buy Goat's GLBSE investments at a low rate and sell high.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:44:11 AM

only 5BTC bids @ 0.999999   ?

stochastic

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:45:59 AM

only 5BTC bids @ 0.999999   ?

Of course since there are over 800 available for 1.

guruvan

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:28:35 AM

Goat has 3 main things on GLBSE, TyGrr, TyGrr-Bank, and now TyGrr-Bot.  TyGrr has been around for a few months now and has consistently paid dividends. 

IIRC, there is also BIB.Goat, which is a debt issue, now significantly owned by Goat. (slick creative opportunistic financing really)

Now, when I suggested this was risky, I did not suggest that Goat was attempting to scam anyone in any way. I was really trying to more careful determine the real risk involve in investment because I like the general idea.

What znort987 says is dead on. Honestly, with copumpkin talking about credit default swaps, the risk in this project sounds more attractive. I tend to think it has a high potential for spectacular failure, which could extend the risk to Goat's other ventures (this is my main concern, Goat's overall risk & solvency) but now, if I could hedge that risk with CDSes, I'd really consider taking a plunge. The fact is, if Goat and his team can pull TyGRR-Bot off, it's likely to be the proverbial cash bull!

Goat looks like he's been successful in his ventures, and while I have my questions with this one, all other things being equal, this has a high potential for success. The risk is, IMO, somewhat understated, but I am fairly conservative, too. YMMV

(also, I don't recall where I read about an arb-bot being banned, and I could have been mistaken, or somehow jumbled that idea in along w/bitscalper - but I sure thought I read it somewhere...hmm - however, a properly executed bot will in fact add liquidity to the exchanges, rather than take it, so it should be welcomed, IMO)

stochastic

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 06:54:26 AM

Goat has 3 main things on GLBSE, TyGrr, TyGrr-Bank, and now TyGrr-Bot.  TyGrr has been around for a few months now and has consistently paid dividends. 

IIRC, there is also BIB.Goat, which is a debt issue, now significantly owned by Goat. (slick creative opportunistic financing really)

Now, when I suggested this was risky, I did not suggest that Goat was attempting to scam anyone in any way. I was really trying to more careful determine the real risk involve in investment because I like the general idea.

What znort987 says is dead on. Honestly, with copumpkin talking about credit default swaps, the risk in this project sounds more attractive. I tend to think it has a high potential for spectacular failure, which could extend the risk to Goat's other ventures (this is my main concern, Goat's overall risk & solvency) but now, if I could hedge that risk with CDSes, I'd really consider taking a plunge. The fact is, if Goat and his team can pull TyGRR-Bot off, it's likely to be the proverbial cash bull!

Goat looks like he's been successful in his ventures, and while I have my questions with this one, all other things being equal, this has a high potential for success. The risk is, IMO, somewhat understated, but I am fairly conservative, too. YMMV

(also, I don't recall where I read about an arb-bot being banned, and I could have been mistaken, or somehow jumbled that idea in along w/bitscalper - but I sure thought I read it somewhere...hmm - however, a properly executed bot will in fact add liquidity to the exchanges, rather than take it, so it should be welcomed, IMO)

Where did copumpkin say this?

guruvan

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 07:02:40 AM

He did not bring up Goat in particular. He is selling a CDS based on imsaguy's projects.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74552.0

The general talk is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74586.0

friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 07:05:03 AM

Where did copumpkin say this?

He is selling them now :/  Has a thread somewhere.

And yes, there is some risk to this project but I doubt all money will be lost. Odds are if the bot does not work out most if not all of the money will be returned. To lose a lot of money doing this will take a massive herrp-a-derrp somewhere.

Small exchanges are also a source of risk. The closing down of Tradehill is a good example...

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 10:41:23 AM

BIB.goat is a debt of Goat to me, and subsequently assigned to BIB and listed as BIB.goat. The majority of the holdings are still on the books of BIB. Goat is up to date in his repayment of this debt issue. Actually, he has consistently paid ahead of time.

lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:21:28 PM

I'd be interested either purchasing or investing in the bot. What would you consider selling it for?
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:37:48 PM

I'd be interested either purchasing or investing in the bot. What would you consider selling it for?

I would only sell part of it. If you are really interested PM a bid. However I would expect it to be rejected.

Can you describe what part youd be selling and what dollar amount you would value it at?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: