Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bot  (Read 21498 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:47:07 PM

I'd be interested either purchasing or investing in the bot. What would you consider selling it for?

I would only sell part of it. If you are really interested PM a bid. However I would expect it to be rejected.

Can you describe what part youd be selling and what dollar amount you would value it at?

No, it is not for sale. This is a silly discussion.

At any rate, if that discussion must happen, it's a discussion
worth having with your shareholders through a motion, I think Smiley

I believe they are bondholders, not shareholders.

We are now selling TyGrr-Bot bonds on GLBSE at the rate of 1BTC for 1 TyGrr-Bot bond

unless you are talking about the 3 actual shareholders that were mentioned earlier.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:55:35 PM

When the famous popular ID collapse into a scamming scandal, I will review this post.

You don't need to go around thinking you are a bitcoin Superman trying to stop Lex Luther.  It is not that big of a deal.  If you trust Goat 100% then give him all your money.  If you don't trust at all then don't waste your time being worried about him.

What a fantastic mentor you are for telling me what to do. Thank you.

But no.

You can summarize your opinion in a short pharze: shut up about Goat!

You have investment in the bill issued by the famous popular fairy and working-for-government-trustworthy ID, and the high rate of return very probably is coming from the capital investment from the people who came in later than than you, but not likely from the operation cash flow.

Any suspicious is a danger for your investment. A Ponzi scheme is vulnerable in nature, you know that. That is the reason why you  tell me shut up.

I guess you should follow the suggestion you gave yourself. you trust it, listen to it. If you don't, don't waste your time being worried about me.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
stochastic

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:14:40 PM

When the famous popular ID collapse into a scamming scandal, I will review this post.

You don't need to go around thinking you are a bitcoin Superman trying to stop Lex Luther.  It is not that big of a deal.  If you trust Goat 100% then give him all your money.  If you don't trust at all then don't waste your time being worried about him.

What a fantastic mentor you are for telling me what to do. Thank you.

But no.

You can summarize your opinion in a short pharze: shut up about Goat!

You have investment in the bill issued by the famous popular fairy and working-for-government-trustworthy ID, and the high rate of return very probably is coming from the capital investment from the people who came in later than than you, but not likely from the operation cash flow.

Any suspicious is a danger for your investment. A Ponzi scheme is vulnerable in nature, you know that. That is the reason why you  tell me shut up.

I guess you should follow the suggestion you gave yourself. you trust it, listen to it. If you don't, don't waste your time being worried about me.

Actually I don't invest in IPOs or anything until I see a history of profits.  I am more worried about other risks of operation as described above rather than Goat's reputation right now.  Happy investing to you.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:50:32 PM

If I were to sell I would talk with the two other shareholders. However I am sure the would say yes as it would have to be very worth our while for me to even talk with them. What we would sell is just a percent of future profits. We will not be sharing our code (unless you are highly trusted).

However, if anyone has a hole in their pocket they need to PM me.

Thanks.

pm sent
m_yaw

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 07:40:32 PM

@Goat:
So, is the trading bot already operational or are you waiting for all your initial shares being sold?
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 09:10:49 PM

@Goat:
So, is the trading bot already operational or are you waiting for all your initial shares being sold?

We expect to be fully operational in one week and expect to be paying dividends in 2 to 3 weeks.  This is not guaranteed.

Hasn't quiet been a week yet, but it doesn't seem like he is waiting for all the shares to sell.  Selling all of them would increase his ability to move more funds around, though.

Are you on track to be operational soon, Goat?

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 09:59:35 PM

I'm really liking all of the investing opportunities with your Goat. I've put all of my few measly coins into it, and I'm enjoying every bit of it. Now wouldn't be the time for you to just disappear though, just saying.

It is quite a way to capitalize on the discrepancies between btc-e and gox.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:53:30 AM

- come back here and apologize publicly to goat in 6 months when it doesn't ?

OK

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:31:14 PM

this thread is becoming even more interesting.

dollartrader

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:39:20 AM

Still on track? Only two weeks in from OP but do you have an update on how things are going?
stochastic

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:53:21 AM

Still on track? Only two weeks in from OP but do you have an update on how things are going?

It looks like there is a plan to delist from GLBSE and run independently.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76019.msg843038#msg843038

stochastic

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 03:04:33 AM

I will give you guys an update today. Starting a whole new exchange will be tricky and take time. However we will give the many people who want it a second option on how to invest that option. More soon. Thanks.

There is no reason why each company can't have its own exchange for its own shares.

Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 03:20:18 AM

"If you are doing this triangular arbitrage how will you protect against slippage in the fiat currency exchange rate?"

We will not protect against slippage other than be relatively balanced in what we hold. Yen goes down dollars go up a small amount. The difference will be not noticeable.

If we do 2000 trades a day and make 50 cents a trade the 5$ we might lose in the currency slippage for the day wont really matter all that much.

This system is not perfectly efficient but it will be more efficient than what is in the wild now if funded fully.

Do you have your bot hooked into fiat trading exchanges so you can exchange USD for EUR or RMB, ect?

At this time no. We can do this work by hand. No need to risk safety for speed in this case.

OK.  Triangular arbitration has a lot of potential with bitcoin.  Looking at exchanges that are denominated in the minor and exotic currencies shows that there is a lot of inefficiency in those markets.  The problem is the volume.

Since you will be exchanging fiat currencies by hand I assume you will not be doing triangular arbitrage as all three currency exchanges need to occur simultaneously or else you have a risk of price change.  It seems like you will be sticking with two-currency arbitrage and taking advantage of inefficiencies between bitcoin exchanges.  For more information on three or multi currency arbitrage you can read this pdf on the subject.

A way to hook in a bot is to use Interactive Brokers.  I unfortunately do not have the capital to open up an account with them, but their API is really nice.

stochastic, do you know of any other brokers who offer API's besides IB? I've been looking for a while but without much luck.

Hope it goes well for you goat. A more efficient market created by arbitrage means spreads and price differences across brokers should reduce.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
stochastic

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 03:28:45 AM

stochastic, do you know of any other brokers who offer API's besides IB? I've been looking for a while but without much luck.

Hope it goes well for you goat. A more efficient market created by arbitrage means spreads and price differences across brokers should reduce.

I guess that depends on if you want some third-party tools for the API or you want to develop the tools yourself.  Most forex places would have some kind of API but you have to dig around if you want some that are already integrated into third party exchange platforms.  I like IB because you can trade lots of different kinds of platforms.

http://www.forex.com/forex-api.html

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=programInterface

dollartrader

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 04:16:58 AM

How did the final bits go? On track for a dividend payment Tuesday?
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 12:03:37 AM

Has live testing begun?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
friedcat
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:16:49 PM

Has live testing begun?

If dividends are not paid on Tuesday I will be giving the bond holders the 50 BTC bonus bounty I promised my team for getting it ready by then.

So, expect something.

We are in live testing and it is making live trades. However since we are not really able to offer you a dividend of any real amount I'm giving you the 50 BTC bounty.

Thank you for waiting and also, whoever is making the price in BTC so stable please stop it!  Wink

Is there a possibility that some secretly built arbitraging bots are already there, competing with yours?

mroth7684

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:35:25 PM

So how does this work? Is this trade bot public to use? Or is the only option to buy bonds from you? I've got some coinage I may be looking to invest somewhere if the return is decent.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:30:45 PM

Has live testing begun?

If dividends are not paid on Tuesday I will be giving the bond holders the 50 BTC bonus bounty I promised my team for getting it ready by then.

So, expect something.

We are in live testing and it is making live trades. However since we are not really able to offer you a dividend of any real amount I'm giving you the 50 BTC bounty.

Thank you for waiting and also, whoever is making the price in BTC so stable please stop it!  Wink

Is there a possibility that some secretly built arbitraging bots are already there, competing with yours?
There are several known and secret arbitrage bots that's running with high volumes, this one is not the first and probably not the last Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 07:34:54 AM

Thanks for keeping your promise and pay the 50bc as dividends. The question now is, what is the next deadline target you are setting for launch? 

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: