Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:44:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bot  (Read 21498 times)
rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:01:37 PM

Still a consolation prize of 50BTC this week. Sad
Would you consider attaching your bot to more smaller exchanges, since their price might be more volatile? Thanks.
Also, any news on other currencies than USD/BTC?

bot has been working and we are on all of the exchanges. we just need some movement... also i am in tlaks with a large investor to try to convert some of the tygrr-bot bonds into something else, this will significantly increase the dividend potential if this works out.

i will keep you updated.

thanks

No dividends nor updates?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 01:22:09 AM

For the love of God, pump some money into that bot right now! The difference between MtGox and Intersango is $0.36 / BTC!
Here's your volatility; would you like fries with that?
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:18:59 AM

For the love of God, pump some money into that bot right now! The difference between MtGox and Intersango is $0.36 / BTC!
Here's your volatility; would you like fries with that?

Not to mention all that BTCchina money last week.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:05:46 PM

On the first page of the thread you said you would report daily volume and profit.  We're you planning on doing this daily?
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:46:40 PM

On the first page of the thread you said you would report daily volume and profit.  We're you planning on doing this daily?

Lol no, I have better things to do. We might set up a website that reports this in real time automatically now that we have some price movement. Let us hope this keeps up.

Thanks

Hey how is the arbitrage bot doing? I was kinda expecting dividends yesterday since there has been quite a bit of movement and you mentioned the bot was already active on all exchanges.

redbeans2012

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:25:17 PM

Lol no, I have better things to do. We might set up a website that reports this in real time automatically now that we have some price movement. Let us hope this keeps up.

Thanks

Hey how is the arbitrage bot doing? I was kinda expecting dividends yesterday since there has been quite a bit of movement and you mentioned the bot was already active on all exchanges.

Yeah keep us updated man.  This is actually one of my favorite ideas on the glbse
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:06:05 PM

The price for buying every Bitcoin is rising. harder and harder for Goat and Pirate40 to pay as high as previous to everyone, if Goat has sold big chunk of bitcoin before this rally.

The GLBSE is going to be in a "bear market"  in denomination of bitcoin( though it may be bull market if you convert the price into USD)

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:26:27 PM

Also, for anyone who wondered, HorseRider likes to troll Goat's posts (and now that I said this here, probably mine).
stochastic

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:46:20 PM

Also, for anyone who wondered, HorseRider likes to troll Goat's posts (and now that I said this here, probably mine).

I find HorseRider's comments contrarian and informative.  Not everyone should be rooting for the home team.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:52:35 PM

I find HorseRider's comments contrarian and informative.  Not everyone should be rooting for the home team.
In this case, they may be, and for the record, I don't hold TyGrr-Bot.  See the post history for said HorseRider.  Unless it has been deleted, you will understand why I felt compelled to point this out.
stochastic

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:09:39 PM

In this case, they may be, and for the record, I don't hold TyGrr-Bot.  See the post history for said HorseRider.  Unless it has been deleted, you will understand why I felt compelled to point this out.

I have read them all, I also called HorseRider a troll before but then I got a PM from them and HorseRider seemed truly concerned.

redbeans2012

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 11:44:00 PM

Hope your bot is working, volitile times on the horizon hopefully
likuidxd

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 01:13:14 AM

I can not wait to see the results for the past two weeks of trading! I run a very simple bot, no where near what arb trading can produce, on just Gox and this week has been heavenly.

We will see a real dividend payment this week, right Goat? Not a 50 btc hand out and a pat on the head. Bots been running since May 23rd on all exchanges.

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 05:54:33 AM

I can not wait to see the results for the past two weeks of trading! I run a very simple bot, no where near what arb trading can produce, on just Gox and this week has been heavenly.

We will see a real dividend payment this week, right Goat? Not a 50 btc hand out and a pat on the head. Bots been running since May 23rd on all exchanges.
Same

Polvos

Activity: 597

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 06:27:48 PM

Uhmm, more info for your shareholders?

Where is this world leading us? Our Thai worker is in Cambodia enjoying some holidays and we, the western shareholders, waiting submissively for some news?
Now i understand all the euro/dolar problems Grin

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 05:50:38 AM

Looking forward to news.

redbeans2012

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:17:39 PM

If we decide to keep the shares, do we get a portion of the profits if the bot is sold?
redbeans2012

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:28:09 PM

If we decide to keep the shares, do we get a portion of the profits if the bot is sold?

No, I personally do not even get a portion of the profits if the bot is sold. This was a team effort and the tech side of the team kept all rights to the bot but I know they want to sell to cover lost time assuming its a fair bid. They did a massive amount of work.

Also keep in mind this is a bond and not a stock in a company.

Doh, that's right it is a bond.  Ok
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:30:21 PM

So you wanted to trade 100% secure arbitrages only (like when there's an offer for 1 BTC @ 5 USD on A and someone sells 1 BTC for 4.90 USD on B) but still were "outbotted" by others and/or only traded close to the exchange's fee margins? From the logs you posted it seems like the bot would snipe any trade possibility above 0.5% (which would likely be the MtGox fee), so a lot of fees are to be expected.

To be honest, this should have been communicated earlier - you claimed to:
Trade more currencies than only USD trades (EUR<-->BTC<-->EUR for example still has some nice arbitrage opportunities from time to time) - which was one of the reasons why I liked the idea (more liquidity in shallow markets)
Have 0 or highly reduced fees on some exchanges
We will report the daily volume and the profit. We will not report each trade.

In the end of may you said:
we are much closer to limiting the number of outstanding shares that will have dividends paid. we will take away 5000 if all goes well.
So by that time you probably already knew about the issues, as this was probably this big investor choosing the 1% + 1% route.

What I'd like to hear:
Volume of trades so far in USD and BTC
Exchanges the bot is/was active on
Fees you'd currently have to pay on these exchanges, if you re-enabled this bot right now
Amount of USD + BTC on each of these exchanges' accounts
Why did you do USD --> BTC --> USD and not the other way round, so you end up with more BTC with all trades?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:57:28 PM

What a shame! This is by far the most interesting GLBSE asset I hold :-(

If the bot goes for anything above 0.5% and the fees are 0.5%, why not have the bot go for anything above 1%? Sure that'd be less trades, but less fees too. Just a thought from the uninitiated.

If you are sure the bot works as it should (maybe with some tweaking), I really hope we can stick to the contract (without freebies). However:

Trying to tell bankers why I need these accounts and why I need to constantly send money back and forth was not really productive. After looking into it the only real way for me to do this on any sort of scale (at a reasonable fee) was to become a registered business somewhere. Seeing how the bot was not making much money, and that the costs to do this would be massive we thought it was a bad idea.

How could we have option 3 at all?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: