Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:11:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation Posting Guideline  (Read 8685 times)
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 11:48:57 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2012, 11:43:33 AM by Blitzboom

To complement the Forum moderation policy for Speculation, here are a few guidelines on why postings are likely to be deleted or moved.

On Market Manipulation:

• Clear suggestions to market participants to take a particular course of action (e.g. "Buy now before the price goes to 5", "SELL quickly, the weekend is coming")
  • Deliberate spreading of false or forged and deceptive information like faked charts
  • Announcements to take a particular market action (e.g. "I am going to buy 50k BTC tomorrow, so you better buy now.")

On Unrelated Topics:

• Discussion of exchanges and service providers usually belongs to Trading Discussion
  • Scammer accusations also belong to Trading Discussion

These are NOT rules.
It’s just an information service for probable reasons your posts might be deleted. Always use your own judgement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:19:43 PM

Damn, now what am I gonna post?  Huh

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:22:09 PM

If I post a chart with lines drawn on it and I conclude by saying I think its the time to buy buy buy is that considered 'Announcements to take a particular market action'?
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 12:32:02 PM

How is this in line with FUD is your friend?

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 12:35:36 PM

Blitzboom, will you apply these guidelines to yourself as well?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53453.0

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:41:42 PM

If I post a chart with lines drawn on it and I conclude by saying I think its the time to buy buy buy is that considered 'Announcements to take a particular market action'?
No, that one is just meant for people who announce that they will soon buy or sell <amount> Bitcoins.

The example you listed is on the verge of being manipulative IMO, but I will probably only act on the most blatant cases.

This forum is very laissez faire and I’d like to keep it that way. The goal is really to get rid of all the crappy BUY BUY BUY or SELL SELL SELL so we can have a semi-serious climate at least. Smiley More discussion, less suggestion.

How is this in line with FUD is your friend?
Can you rephrase that? No clue what you just wanted to say.

Blitzboom, will you apply these guidelines to yourself as well?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53453.0

First off, my thread was sarcastically meant. Second, I don’t see any problem with it even if it were serious, as it’s just an opinion. Third, I’ve started moderating only recently.

And yes, of course they apply to me as well. Wink

@myself
Again, these are not "rules", just a guideline so you typically know why your post has been deleted, so I’m not constrained to them.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 01:12:56 PM

You killed all the fun? Cheesy
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 01:54:06 PM

Blitzboom oh ... I agree with you .. For a long time waiting for that .. A large number of people who are not familiar with the trade to blindly follow the forum .. I hope this mess is over ..  Cheesy Cheesy Take a poll may be  Undecided

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 04:00:56 PM

To complement the Forum moderation policy for Speculation, here is a guideline on which postings will not be tolerated.

On Market Manipulation:

• Clear suggestions to market participants to take a particular course of action (e.g. "Buy now before the price goes to 5", "SELL quickly, the weekend is coming"
  • Deliberate spreading of false or forged and deceptive information like faked charts
  • Announcements to take a particular market action

On Unrelated Topics:

• Discussion of exchanges and service providers usually belongs to Trading Discussion
  • Scammer accusations also belong to Trading Discussion

As always, this is merely a list of typical situations to date, not a "fixed ruleset".

sooooooo... ...

what, exactly, are we supposed to post in the "speculation" subforum??

censorship = fail, let the reader beware

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 04:12:43 PM

The example you listed is on the verge of being manipulative IMO, but I will probably only act on the most blatant cases.

Great... Just like America where everything is against the rules and those with power get to choose who to enforce those rules on.

First off, my thread was sarcastically meant. Second, I don’t see any problem with it even if it were serious, as it’s just an opinion. Third, I’ve started moderating only recently.

Oh, so it's ok if YOU are sarcastic, but if we are, you retain the right to censor us?

GTFO

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 04:40:59 PM

This is just ridiculous...

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 04:57:21 PM

I read this thread, then immediately drove to the store, bought an American flag, set it up here in my living room, stood, placed my right hand over my heart, and recited the Pledge of Allegiance with more passion and vigor than I ever have recited anything, ever.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:51:28 PM

This is just ridiculous...

Pretty much this.

N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 08:52:25 PM

Here is my final statement on this matter:

Let me provide the history of moderation on this forum and Speculation as I experienced it:

Until summer and the Forum moderation policy (which ironically many objected against in the beginning, too), there was hardly any moderation at all by the few Admins. One year ago, even Silk Road could post on this forum and advertise its business.

Now as the market went parabolic and the forum became crowded with spammers and trolls, the situation was hardly sustainable anymore, so finally, volunteer mods were promoted and instructed to take care of it. It was also an effort to combat the image it gave to people (for example businessmen) who were repelled from Bitcoin due to its community. The image damage went so far that the Bitcoin Forum was removed from the bitcoin.org domain and on the frontpage it now links to a Google search to distance the project from this forum.

Most often, the spam and trolls consisted of people who liked to create threads consisting of "CRASH SELL SELL SELL"; this is indicated in sirius’s second point. As a reaction to the crap that persisted to plague the forums, the Speculation section was created in July to contain it. Here is one of the oldest threads exemplifying this well: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28317.0

So, here we are now, with me appointed to take care of the recently neglected Speculation forum. As I have stated, I fully intend to keep intact the lax and laissez faire style of this subforum, and having you (Mushoz, I’m looking at you) judge it after two days and hardly any moderation at all is inadequate.

If you think threads such as "dont buy a damn single bitcoin few days" are of necessity for free speech, there are plenty of other Bitcoin forums in competition. In case enough people deem the policy bad, discussion will move there.
qo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

sooooooo... ...

what, exactly, are we supposed to post in the "speculation" subforum??

I also think a few examples of appropriate subjects would help us understand what will be looked upon favorably and what will not.  Throw us a bone here Blitz? 

Sincere thanks for stepping up to take on the onerous and likely thankless task of keeping us all in line!
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 11:32:24 PM

+1.  This is a step in the right direction.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 12:17:54 AM

Isn't this a breach of the rules??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74282.0

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 12:46:35 AM

So scammers are allowed on the forum but you arn't allowed to suggest a bitcoin purchase to other members?  Am I reading that right?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 01:51:56 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2012, 12:50:09 PM by RyNinDaCleM

If the [censored] forum is [censored], then [censored] will [censored] [censored] and the [censored] is [censored]. For we cannot [censored] until the [censored] is [censored] for the big shots?

Well that [censored] sucks!   Tongue

Seriously though, We can definitely do without some of the topics started here, but this IS the speculation forum. So I say speculate on!

mysteriousawake

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:34:50 AM

Did I do it right this Time, Analysis 

You can delete mine too.... sorry i messed up , on the first page it says buy buy..... thanks for your understanding.   

DONT FORGET TO DONATE IF I HELPED YOU
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: