Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation Posting Guideline  (Read 8684 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:44:28 AM

So scammers are allowed on the forum but you arn't allowed to suggest a bitcoin purchase to other members?  Am I reading that right?

Just go into off-topic.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 02:39:29 PM

Thanks, it's about time some rules are established here.

Hopefully this will yield more fruitful discussion in the future.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 02:56:14 PM

Censorship! This thread is a sign that Bitcoin is in big big trouble.  Wink

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:00:28 PM

Ha, right! Blitzboom. What is the point of the new rules violated my theme, "My screwed method or up\down club " ? I did not call anyone to buy or sell there ...

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 04:20:34 PM

Ha, right! Blitzboom. What is the point of the new rules violated my theme, "My screwed method or up\down club " ? I did not call anyone to buy or sell there ...
I believe the point isn't to eliminate all speculation/price movement suggestions. Rather, it's to eliminate the threads that have nothing to say other than "WE'RE GOING DOWN/UP! SELL/BUY!" Post a chart with some reasoning behind it and you're speculating and that's fine. Post a stupid thread saying "Everyone sell all your coinz now! I think we're going down." on the other hand would be a waste of space.

naima53

Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 05:01:39 PM

Censorship! This thread is a sign that Bitcoin is in big big trouble.  Wink
I believe the point isn't to eliminate all speculation/price movement suggestions. Rather, it's to eliminate the threads that have nothing to say other than "WE'RE GOING DOWN/UP! SELL/BUY!" Post a chart with some reasoning behind it and you're speculating and that's fine. Post a stupid thread saying "Everyone sell all your coinz now! I think we're going down." on the other hand would be a waste of space.
I agree that "all sell sell sell stupid theme" is not needed. But I created a theme of "the club to sell \ buy for the big players." I have not seen similar topic earlier here. Perhaps it may seem strange, but I have a few number of subscribers who meet the requirements of this topic. Now there is no theme. I do not know how to explain it to them.

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 05:13:28 PM

How are we supposed to herd my brethren to the slaughter?

Or does this just mean we have to be slightly less direct/obvious when FUDDING ?

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 08:24:21 AM

On Market Manipulation:

• Clear suggestions to market participants to take a particular course of action (e.g. "Buy now before the price goes to 5", "SELL quickly, the weekend is coming")
  • Deliberate spreading of false or forged and deceptive information like faked charts
  • Announcements to take a particular market action (e.g. "I am going to buy 50k BTC tomorrow, so you better buy now.")

Completely Disagree.  This is the POINT of the speculation forum!

On Unrelated Topics:

• Discussion of exchanges and service providers usually belongs to Trading Discussion
  • Scammer accusations also belong to Trading Discussion

Completely Agree.  They serve no purpose in this form!

One off NP-Hard.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

What about a more educational theme, technical analysis, market indicators, psychology, economical data, etc...  Roll Eyes
da2ce7
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 09:41:35 AM

What about a more educational theme, technical analysis, market indicators, psychology, economical data, etc...  Roll Eyes

Well I love that stuff also.  It is what makes the Speculation forum great!
I loved all those 'buy now!!!!' threads... then the price goes down.  It teaches people to think for themselves.

One off NP-Hard.
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Congrats, you just made this subforum pointless...
ANY speculation about the market can also be manipulation, and you shouldn't (anyone shouldn't) be the one to judge

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
beckspace

Activity: 931

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 04:19:20 PM

I loved all those 'buy now!!!!' threads... then the price goes down.  It teaches people to think for themselves.

+100
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 04:45:54 PM

moderation of speculation sucks.

this should be an anything goes forum.

Repeal the moderation now!

Be humble!
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 01:00:08 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2012, 02:55:00 PM by Dutch Merganser

To complement the Forum moderation policy for Speculation, here are a few guidelines on why postings are likely to be deleted or moved.
Thank you. Up to this point there has been far too much "Time to BUY! BUY! BUY! / SELL! SELL! SELL! this rocket to moon / sewer missile" posting content here. It's evident that most of the folks doing this simply aren't aware of how lame and ridiculous they appear to be when they do this, perhaps because they think they have invented something new.

Set the clock back 15 years, to the time when the internet/tech bubble was building. Crappy and useless investment discussion boards like Yahoo and Raging Bull are incredibly popular. Mouth-breathing halfwits posting junk like "James Cramer is a Investment God", "Gate's deal with the Devil guarantees Microsoft going to $1000/share", "Buy XXXY! People will not be able to live without their Internet enabled snowboards", etc are the rule for at least 95% of postings.

It didn't take long for reasonable people to recognize that these venues were a waste of time unless your idea of time well spent was trolling retards and wannabee amateur confidence artists.

Back then there actually was one pretty good investment board, Silicon Investor, moderation was the rule and the speed with which spam accounts disappeared was such that they were often kicked on the first post. It was actually a good place to go with a few very notable posters, for example, the once notorious short seller "Mr. Pink". Unfortunately, that was then, now Silicon Investor is a dying collection of increasingly senile old farts pissing and moaning about a changing world. Yahoo message boards are still total crap, and I'm not even going to bother to see if Raging Fool is still in operation.

I'm 110% for the policies you have stated and note that they have been effective in a much larger universe of financial discussion. Once again, thank you.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 08:29:51 AM

If the [censored] forum is [censored], then [censored] will [censored] [censored] and the [censored] is [censored]. For we cannot [censored] until the [censored] is [censored] for the big shots?

Well that [censored] sucks!   Tongue

Seriously though, We can definitely do without some of the topics started here, but this IS the speculation forum. So I say speculate on!

+1

Ya know Ryan, (btw can I call you Ryan??  OK XD), you've always provided quality posts to this forum, and in a uniquely enthusiastic and down-to-earth fashion, that I want to take a moment to personally thank you on that... no donation though, sorry; i'm far too poor for that.  But seriously, thanks man.  Ya know why so much thanks??

Cuz this forum is growing, and it's thanks to innovative, out-of-the-box, yet jovial and neologistic (sometimes even inter-linguistic, which is a very significant indicator IMO) posts that inspire new thought patterns by questioning every single change in real time.  Intelligence feeding upon intelligence, and growing...

There seems to be more "junior" and newly "Full" members of the forum posting in the speculation sub-forum, and to me this signals growth and expansion of interest in and awareness of Bitcoin.  And, perhaps some of them are young or rebellious in nature or both, and the increased moderation of sub-forums IMO is an indicator of growth because it is authority, because someone believes the influx of idiotic posts is becoming overwhelming.

New to newer members: Keep the backlash coming, whether intelligent or otherwise.  To authority and moderation:  Keep the smackdowns coming.

Keep the FUD spread all over ever flag of every fucking obsolete nation-state, because at any fucking USD valuation, Bitcoin users will leave everyone else in the dust.

Good fucking luck all you brilliant mother-fuckers.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 10:29:31 AM

^ this is a good comment, yes?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
da2ce7
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 01:29:27 PM

Did my poll just get cleaned up??? I don't see how it was off-topic...

One off NP-Hard.
N12 (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 01:32:08 PM

Sorry, what poll? I deleted nothing recently.

Also, communication via PM would be appreciated.
da2ce7
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 01:34:31 PM

Sorry, what poll? I deleted nothing recently.

Also, communication via PM would be appreciated.

No... I'm just a retard.... posted it to the wrong forum.

One off NP-Hard.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: