Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Launched ::: AMBER Coin ::: X11 PoW/PoS  (Read 26738 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:55:21 PM

with -6 trust ,You're kidding?  Huh

it's not like that without the neg trust he become suddently trustable, with that newbie account he have....

It seems to be just because CanaryInTheMine condescended to look up here, demand releasing the sources BEFORE the launch and when it did not happen posted his negative comment.

The only what is really amazing is why just this time? I have seen hundreds of coin launches and the wallet was never released before the launch.
Moreover it was a common practise not to release sources even an hour after the launch, just on pools demands. Binaries only (what is really bad, I can not mine in such cases).

This dev released the sources... and has got that!

It is very much unfair unless he do the same with all others devs who didn't release the sources before launch (90%+ of launches here).

it might be because he have free time now, and because of all the recent scam, in any case this is a bad launch with only the source and no compiled qt

I don't think the launch is bad because of not releasing binary wallet! I think this is much better than binaries only.
Well, it may prevent some morons from early mining and give an extra reward for those who can build it fast themselves!

I think the reason behind this really "special treatment" could be another coin being in his interest, maybe launched nearby...

binary only isn't good at all, small miners must wait for pool owners(also bad distribution not everyone can compile, on windows is problematic too), and big pool can instamine the shit out of this crap

binary and qt together are mandatory for any coin

and instamining is relative, a big hash(renting hash) can "instamine" at diff 10 for example...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:29:56 PM

binary only isn't good at all, small miners must wait for pool owners(also bad distribution not everyone can compile, on windows is problematic too), and big pool can instamine the shit out of this crap

and instamining is relative, a big hash(renting hash) can "instamine" at diff 10 for example...

It is not really unfair people get something for what they can do rather than for how much do they have!

I don't know how could it prevent small miners, unless you are talking about the size of their brains.

No vendor-related binaries are mandatory. Only the sources are mandatory (unless you make a closed source coin).

The same no AMD or NVIDIA miner is mandatory, it is only expected by miners using this kind of stuff.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:34:01 PM

You can find a lot of good info in Meta, like how you don't buy Hero accounts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

Thank you for your consideration and the specific pointer to meta. I have a couple of problems with that thread: firstly the statements are being made by people posting from pseudonymous accounts, this is ungrounded circular reasoning which has to be considered fatally weak as a matter of course. Secondly, and more compellingly, the information presented there is irrelevant to the issue, e.g. “WTB: HERO member accounts (several) active in altcoin forums !  (Read 1096 times)” https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=728902.0.

For me, the simple fact that the above-mentioned thread has not been deleted by a moderator informs me that private purchases of bitcointalk accounts, even of Hero status, are tolerated, perhaps even approved of. So, I apologise for gainsaying you but it is possible at least to publicly attempt to make a private purchase of Hero status bct accounts and there seems to be no board-imposed obstacle to the completion of the transaction, hence my original tongue-in-cheek question.

There is no reliable means of distinguishing your Heroic pseudonymous a/c from that of an arbitrary person with BTC to spend. Because this is bitcointalk, I am obliged to doubt both your intentions and motivation merely as a matter of principle. Lest I inadvertently give offence, I should hasten to add that this is nothing personal, I am sympathetic to the views that you espouse, I'm merely restricting myself to what I can reliably infer from the facts that I can discover.

However, the unfortunate upshot of this is that it will seriously weaken the effectiveness of your campaign because it leaves your challenges vulnerable to simple dismissal on the grounds that you are trying to impose double standards.

Cheers

Graham

Edit: removed referential detritus
kirilvvbg

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:37:36 PM

Hmm, it looks to me like we are entering new era in crypto:
1. New-comers (newbie accounts) are guilty, until they prove (somehow) their innocence;
2. We are not anymore free to be responsible for our actions (like mining scam/shit coins, like watching who is releasing new coin, like deciding whether to trust or not some dev, coin, project) - there are some GUARDIANS that are doing and will do the thinking on our behalf. In other words - "crypto" 'has nothing to do anymore with "free", "independent", etc.
3. Ordinary miners - screw us all, we do not deserve any chance... We should go and mine unprofitable (but "trusted") coins... So that traders, sharks, crypto-powerful men, whatever you like to call them can make more and more, and more... Otherwise - do not mine, sell cheap all your equipment, right...

Ya, I see a bright future is coming... For the few...
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:09:29 PM

The trust rating was intended for trade. I haven't made any trade.
It seems someone abuses this as I have got all the negatives just after launching the coin!

It was.... from my Trust summary:
User                      Date            Risked BTC amount
CanaryInTheMine 2014-08-17  0.00000000

I don't like such practises. It looks like slander.
But why? Because CanaryInTheMine didn't like this coin?
Outrage.

Launching the coin with the sources only? Yesssss, I like it!
You'd all prefer a coin with binaries, but without sources? Haha

Having an expensive machine with a lot of GPUs is not enough Cheesy The one who wants to use it, should have some skills, too Wink at least the ability to build the wallet from sources himself Cheesy

sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:14:19 PM

obviously chinese cion ,  wish not a scam coin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:21:25 PM

It is not really unfair people get something for what they can do rather than for how much do they have!

I don't know how could it prevent small miners, unless you are talking about the size of their brains.

No vendor-related binaries are mandatory. Only the sources are mandatory (unless you make a closed source coin).

The same no AMD or NVIDIA miner is mandatory, it is only expected by miners using this kind of stuff.

as i said not anyone have all the tool to compile, usualy small miners don't have it, in comparison to pool operators

we aren't amd or nvidia here, qt should be provided, providing only the source it's not far away from just let everyone build his own coin, which is retarded

a real dev should provide everything about his coin if he want his coin to be taken seriously

also the source itself isn't a "solid barrier", one can just do a 51% at launch and invalidate all the other hash, which is equal to instamine
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

Release source code first.

You seem to misunderstand how coin launches work. If developers release source it will mean a launch. Unless you are willing to review the source code by yourself in private

OP with negative rating , worst launch .

Since CanaryInTheMine has found altcoin section all launches going to have negative rating devs (or at least ones that CanaryInTheMine will spot on his free time)

No really... Where's github link with commit history etc?

Uploading code at "release" is bull defecation.  Newbie accounts?

Code should be reviewed by community before launch.  Otherwise, don't release on bitcointalk forums.
Setup your own coin's forum.

I love this guy!

Nothing is cool about this guy. He missuses trust rating giving users false information about the dev. This dev did not scam anyone (yet  Undecided ). So there is no reason to mark him as a scammer preemptively. Anybody with a half of a brain may see that this is a new account and one should treat everything that dev releases with caution. But marking him as a scammer is just bullshit.
There are million ways to hide some crap in the coin source so community will not find it until its too late. Bittrex guys told it many times already and they are security experts
I understand that you are an alt coin dev for hire. So someone can pay you and order an alt coin from you then release under newbie account by posting with no source code or any info to vet against scams.
So, if you were hired to create some altcoins, announce it.  Stand behind it, it helps with vetting.
Did you create this altcoin for hire?
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:35:45 PM

You seem to misunderstand how coin launches work. If developers release source it will mean a launch. Unless you are willing to review the source code by yourself in private

Since CanaryInTheMine has found altcoin section all launches going to have negative rating devs (or at least ones that CanaryInTheMine will spot on his free time)

Uploading code at "release" is bull defecation.  Newbie accounts?

Code should be reviewed by community before launch.  Otherwise, don't release on bitcointalk forums.

I love this guy!

Nothing is cool about this guy. He missuses trust rating giving users false information about the dev. This dev did not scam anyone (yet  Undecided ). So there is no reason to mark him as a scammer preemptively. Anybody with a half of a brain may see that this is a new account and one should treat everything that dev releases with caution. But marking him as a scammer is just bullshit.
There are million ways to hide some crap in the coin source so community will not find it until its too late. Bittrex guys told it many times already and they are security experts
I understand that you are an alt coin dev for hire. So someone can pay you and order an alt coin from you then release under newbie account by posting with no source code or any info to vet against scams.
So, if you were hired to create some altcoins, announce it.  Stand behind it, it helps with vetting.
Did you create this altcoin for hire?

+1 I like your style. Time for a big cleanup here!
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:44:02 PM

The trust rating was intended for trade. I haven't made any trade.
It seems someone abuses this as I have got all the negatives just after launching the coin!

It was.... from my Trust summary:
User                      Date            Risked BTC amount
CanaryInTheMine 2014-08-17  0.00000000

I don't like such practises. It looks like slander.
But why? Because CanaryInTheMine didn't like this coin?
Outrage.

Launching the coin with the sources only? Yesssss, I like it!
You'd all prefer a coin with binaries, but without sources? Haha

Having an expensive machine with a lot of GPUs is not enough Cheesy The one who wants to use it, should have some skills, too Wink at least the ability to build the wallet from sources himself Cheesy
Stay on topic: what I don't like is people getting scammed and zero vetting.

Do you think this coin has been vetted?
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:50:29 PM

Most of these "devs" do not know how to even compile a wallet tbh. This should tell you a lot about the coins future.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:08:22 PM

Do you think this coin has been vetted?

That's the thing about Mother Nature, whilst she may indeed abhor a vacuum, she finds irony irresistible.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:31:20 PM

I added Ambercoin to the Minkiz ACME “block explorer”. Don't expect too much, it basically just dumps decorated RPC output into a web page, it's a work in progress but what isn't?

http://acme.minkiz.co/amber/

Cheers

Graham

Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:37:01 PM

New account +- 4 hours old launching a coin, be careful!
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:38:57 PM

obviously chinese cion ,  wish not a scam coin

Why Chineese?? Maybe Russian, French or German - if you judge looking at logo...

I decided to give a chance (as usual) and I'm mining it here http://www.hashharder.com/x11/ambercoin

Everybody should be careful, of course (as usual).

hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:11:24 PM

Uploading code at "release" is bull defecation.  Newbie accounts?

Code should be reviewed by community before launch.  Otherwise, don't release on bitcointalk forums.
You are doing good job for inspecting lately scam.Keep it going.PPL need experienced members like you.

k_d

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:16:33 PM

Look at amber mining on wikipedia Wink Wink Wink
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Amber_mining
I like the name of Amber Coin and finally I've found something new Smiley I've build the wallet without any problems/errors on my Ubuntu, and now I have a problem. What settings for 7950? I've mined scrypt and qubit on my GPU before, I've never tried X11. May I use the same sph-sgminer I use to mine qubit? Is it worth trying solo-mining (low diff)?
amber_gold (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:07:37 PM

Look at amber mining on wikipedia Wink Wink Wink
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Amber_mining
I like the name of Amber Coin and finally I've found something new Smiley I've build the wallet without any problems/errors on my Ubuntu, and now I have a problem. What settings for 7950? I've mined scrypt and qubit on my GPU before, I've never tried X11. May I use the same sph-sgminer I use to mine qubit? Is it worth trying solo-mining (low diff)?

Ahhh yeah, but now we don't need to mine amber this way, we mine it digitally with our GPUs Smiley Smiley

I'd like to announce now
https://twitter.com/AmberCoin
and advertise
http://www.hashharder.com/x11/ambercoin
stuffage1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:50:30 PM

i so want to mine this.
imtom

Activity: 58