Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone bought up all the existing bitcoins?  (Read 31201 times)
RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:12:46 PM

I never try to think that if will be happen someday that someone bought at all the existing coin but if happens then she or he came from a powerful family and she or he will be the one who own it this business.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:47:37 PM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you
The value will pretty much momentarily increase at extreme heights becauae if the sudden surge if inciming money in the system. And then after this bitcoin's value will most possibly bounce back to a muh more stabler yet equivalent value
 Bitcoin's fate afterwards lies in the question will bitcoin be circulated among users across the globe? If yes then bitcoin's valye will continue to increase and if it don't, there will ve a huge problem.
HelenS

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:51:14 AM

Then s/he will be the richest person of all time. But, on the other hand, it isn't profitable, cause BTC presupposes interaction and speculation. So there should be at least two people who possess it!
Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:02:18 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it

Thank you
Well, that guy must be richer than rich people. If he has bought all the bitcoins existing, there will be a huge demand for bitcoins which make its price to pump to an extremely high amount. If there are less bitcoib available for purchase, its demand will surely get high because many people would want to buy a bitcoin and eventually sell it for a high profit. I guess it is near impossible because of the high cost of one single bitcoin, and miners keep mining so he must be extremely rich if he can afford to buy even at the highest price.
Danlopz

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:53:15 AM

In order for people to sell their btc is because it becomes unsaleable or falls so much in value. Than this investor could easily purchase all the btc`s in market but even if he does it, if people don`t show interest in btc the demand would be very low by leaving this man with a lot of btc but no volume.

Only a fraction of all the bitcoins that have been issued today are sold in the exchange market. The Bitcoin market is competitive, meaning bitcoin prices will rise or fall depending on demand and supply. Moreover, the new bitcoin will continue to be published in the coming decades. Therefore even the most ambitious buyers will not be able to buy all the bitcoins that are present today. However, this situation does not indicate that the market is not vulnerable to price manipulation; still does not require a lot of money to move the market price up or down, so so far Bitcoin is still classified as a volatile asset.
darsiderin

Activity: 364

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:20:30 AM

In order for people to sell their btc is because it becomes unsaleable or falls so much in value. Than this investor could easily purchase all the btc`s in market but even if he does it, if people don`t show interest in btc the demand would be very low by leaving this man with a lot of btc but no volume.

Only a fraction of all the bitcoins that have been issued today are sold in the exchange market. The Bitcoin market is competitive, meaning bitcoin prices will rise or fall depending on demand and supply. Moreover, the new bitcoin will continue to be published in the coming decades. Therefore even the most ambitious buyers will not be able to buy all the bitcoins that are present today. However, this situation does not indicate that the market is not vulnerable to price manipulation; still does not require a lot of money to move the market price up or down, so so far Bitcoin is still classified as a volatile asset.

The distribution of bitcoins is very uneven. More than 20% of all bitcoins are on 100 addresses. Here are the detailed statistics, if interested https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
RenatoVillarinJr

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:09:48 AM

if someone gets all the bitcoins he's the richest  Shocked money brings freedom - BITCOIN to buy what you want, and freedom to do what you want with your time. Money allows you to enjoy the finer things in life as well as giving you the opportunity to help others have the necessities in life..................
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:02:04 AM

The distribution of bitcoins is very uneven. More than 20% of all bitcoins are on 100 addresses. Here are the detailed statistics, if interested https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

You can't go by addresses. The top addresses hold bitcoins for millions of people.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Matercat

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:14:02 AM

The prices will rise indeed but if he decides to sell people won't trust as prices will start downfalling.
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:17:18 AM

likely impossible to happening but if there is someone who bought all bitcoin,
i think they would causing bitcoin price is very very high because all of the circulating supply they want to own.
and they can control the price at their own pace.
meliastor

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:13:01 AM

Bitcoin Market Capitalization is around 10 Billion USD today. It's nonsense to even think about it, there is no possible way anyone would buy every single coin, because there are people who would never sell.
kulitmanggis

Activity: 233

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:23:44 AM

definitely bitcoin will be very expensive and bitcoin can be increasingly difficult to obtain and it is incredible bitcoin can be very expensive, not only that it is definitely bitcoin will have high volume.
jancha

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:24:37 AM

Thank you

It is impossible to buy all the BItcoins in the world. because he can't buy all coins at once as they having & spread among large no of persons. When he is buying some amount price of the Bitcoin will increase by unexpected as demand for the coin is high.      
RochaMckay

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:58:06 AM

I absolutely could not send you the first .00003355 of a coin I earned while mining.  Why?  A typo in the payout address
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:03:58 AM

As I know not all coins mined yet and when the time will come when all coins will be in hands it is going to be problematicly to buy them all due to the price, I even can't suggest how many zeros it is going to have. And even if all of coins will appear in a wallet of one person it will bring to the price's fall, cause of without speculation and competition there will be no need in bitcoin. Quote me if I'm wrong.
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:50:31 AM

Buying up all the existing coin is not possible cause this is based on a supply and demand market. If someone want to buy up the market, the subsequent prices that he has to buy will increase and this will lead to a exponential growth of the tokens to a point, he cant buy it anymore.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:14:20 AM

If that someone bought up at all the existing coin I can say she or he is belong to the rich family because she or he can spend and afford to buy all that although it is impossible to happen and if she or he buy it then i think she or he now multi billionaire or that word is not enough to describe her or him because she or he try to own this business by buying all existing coins.
Lol is not about rich or not, this is impossible to do, because not everyone wants to sell their bitcoin, there will always be demand so someone will not be able to do that by buying all the existing bitcoin and if all the bitcoin is owned only one people then bitcoin will die because there will be no activity in the market..
Yramesor0

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:59:47 AM

It's hardly possible I guess because one bitcoin worth a lot of money.The lesser the supply, the higher is the demand and it means that the stuff is getting more expensive causing the buyer not to buy all.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:02:28 AM

if that happens then bitcoin will become very expensive and bitcoin will have a very high demand and make bitcoin prices very expensive and it will be very difficult to get bitcoin. not only that and definitely bitcino transcation will be very crowded.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:05:38 AM

Thank you

It is quite obvious that you are new to bitcoin with that kind of question. Apparently, it will be almost impossible that a single person will own bitcoin. If that is what you worry, i believe that bitcoin owners like me will not also allow that to happen. A characterisitis of bitcoin is that nobody really regulates it and that is what bitcoin users like so they will not let it happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: