Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:38:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone bought up all the existing bitcoins?  (Read 31201 times)
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:22:25 AM

if that happens then bitcoin will become very expensive and bitcoin will have a very high demand and make bitcoin prices very expensive and it will be very difficult to get bitcoin. not only that and definitely bitcino transcation will be very crowded.
If someone can buy all the Bitcoin already in circulation! That would be a bad thing. Bitcoin seems to have died, Bitcoin's currency function is locked, Unable to use by 2nd person. This is bad.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mudah_rezeki

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:37:37 AM

This is actually the price of bitcoin will increase again because there is a buy btc. Bitcoin will be more spirited if its price peaked. 
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:52:58 AM

How could that be? We all know bitcoin is not in possession by 1 person so it is very unlikely for someone to buy all the existing bitcoin.
If indeed it happens then the person who bought it will get a loss because the price is uncertain can cause buyers asking for a cheap price to buy bitcoin.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:51:56 AM

What if someone bought up all the existing bitcoins?

If that's true, it's certain that the bitcoin price will increase dramatically at that time, as the purchase will have a direct impact on the reduction of bitcoin supply. But, you don't laugh first, because after the bitcoin price increment, he could plan to sell it again then that's when the price will hit the floor.
kevintrang

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:25:02 AM

If someone buys it, Bitcoin will become scarce, bitcoin will go up, push it up further, and bitcoin players will also have huge profits.
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:39:36 AM

I for one would never sell my btc at the current price, so that lunatic investor would never get all the btc in the world  Grin If that ever happens, bitcoin will lose its purpose of a decentralized currency, so its value would drop.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:20:16 PM

Wow, one person buying all the bitcoin? That will be the news of the century. Have you also thought about if that pers9n buys all, what will be the sense when you have noother peron to trade with later on because you have all. Every other person will be with fiat and that person will alone be handling bitcoin, like where is the sense in that?

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
zelda131292

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:30:31 PM

This is a very old thread and i am glad that it got bumped.
But to be serious, why are people always bumping this kind of threads?

Came on, it is obvious that it is impossible to buy all the entire bitcoin supply.

In bitcoin we trust!
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

That isn't possible. And even if it magically happens, the price of bitcoin will be just space.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 12:45:28 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you

It is quite obvious that you are new to bitcoin with that kind of question. Apparently, it will be almost impossible that a single person will own bitcoin. If that is what you worry, i believe that bitcoin owners like me will not also allow that to happen. A characterisitis of bitcoin is that nobody really regulates it and that is what bitcoin users like so they will not let it happen.
Dude, check the post date. This was over six years ago. So yeah, he was a newbie when he created this topic. Anyways, BTC price was significantly much much lower back then than it is today. If someone was actually capable of purchasing all the Bitcoins in circulation in 2012, then the price will certainly explode!!! Now this person's strategy would be to sell off all of those Btc's at a higher price which would then decrease its price then purchase them again, then sell them off again..In other words, he'd be doing a BTC buy and sell.

peterpeterpeter

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:25:34 AM

Well we can't apprehend on that matter because it is their choice to buy the remaining BTC and so what of there are someone who do that. I think it is good for us . Because on that way ,I think the founder of btc will make more BTC for sure. For the good of our industry.
Because they thinking that BTC is more valuable than any other things and everyone are interested to it.
jianhuang

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:59:15 AM

Otherwise put someplace you can't get to them anymore: even if I wanted to, was forced at gunpoint even, I absolutely could not send you the first
handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:39:58 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you
First the bitcoin can not exist because it is through technology to invest and make for using cellphone or anythings that collect bitcoin what if the bitcoin exist, the many people in this world create a fake exist bitcoin and They do not want to happen.
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:46:15 AM

It is practically impossible for just one person to buy all the available bitcoin. Buying triggers increase in price, which means that the buyer will have to pay a higher price for the next purchase. So the price would rise astronomically to a level the buyer can no longer afford. In a situation where there is such huge buying, bitcoin holders will benefit from the price increase.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:56:18 AM

It is practically impossible for just one person to buy all the available bitcoin. Buying triggers increase in price, which means that the buyer will have to pay a higher price for the next purchase. So the price would rise astronomically to a level the buyer can no longer afford. In a situation where there is such huge buying, bitcoin holders will benefit from the price increase.

if a person is a multi billionaire or zillionaire i think he can be able to afford it even if the price will grow higher because he has a lot cash but i think that is nearly impossible to happen for now because right now bitcoin is still on a dump phase which means no one has a guts to buy in a bulk. even whales dont buy bitcoin in a huge amounts because we aint seeing the price go overboard.

But over all , even though they buy boatloads of bitcoins , they will still  soon sell it and the price will still go down.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:57:43 AM

There are whales in bitcoin market who buy large amounts of coins but no whale is crazy enough to buy the entire supply as who will they sell it to later on as no one will be interested in bitcoin then. Also once they start buying huge amounts of coins the circulating supply is going to reduce and the price is going to boom which will make it even more costly to buy Bitcoin and not many people in the world have that much money.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
CurrenCyTRR

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:02:54 AM

I don't know
CurrenCyTRR

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:16:04 AM

I don't know
RXKING

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:30:10 PM

Then there will be no supply and unless that person starts using the coins and people can actually make use of it then the coins will have no value and the person will just have a bunch of worthless coins.It would be self defeating because the coin will have no value. If no-one else has it then it can't be used for anything. Even satoshi didn't claim everything as he knew it would make the project fail
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:59:12 PM

it is not possible in any internet resource you can find information on the distribution of bitcoins is not a small number of bitcoins which are held by purse investors "whales" but the greatest honor among ordinary people is no more than 1-2 bitcoins on the purse
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: