Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone bought up all the existing bitcoins?  (Read 31197 times)
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:42:34 AM

Some one or one institutional buying and having all bitcoin in market, there will be no bitcoin market and thats would be called monopoly. I think that will not happen, because cryptocurrency purpose is creating fair market
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:28:06 AM

It is very impossible that someone can bought all existing bitcoin specially today's bitcoin price, that's not happening i think because people are also want to have bitcoin holdings, if someone eager to bought all bitcoin then he must be sacrificing to give-up his/her wealth.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:31:27 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you

If someone will bought all the available bitcoin that is not owned by someone , then he or she will require a lot of money , billion of dollars and as an investor I do not think that there will be someone who will buy bitcoin in such huge amount , why? a rich person knows how to invest , he or she will not put all of his money in one investment , because it is totally risky , a wise investor knows the rule of diversification meaning he or she will place his or her money on different investment to incur little risk and a high return.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:31:43 AM

That so impossible to happen, I think no one can afford to buy all circulating BTC even the most rich people in the whole world, but if so then it can clearly destroy BTC purpose of decentralized money.

fritzvillarin

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:53:58 AM

It's impossible to buy all the bitcoins even if I am a billionaire, I will not do that. To make this crypto work it should be utilized and circulated.
gerasimo

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

it's impossible though. but it would happen ithink he would have to spend all of his money as the price would go up so much. lol
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:56:41 AM

It's not possible, although the billionaire have the money to do it. But the accessibility it's not there. Because bitcoin has circled into the hands of millions of people.
Thats true, although someone has the ability to buy all the existing coins but it can not be used because bitcoin is already owned and in the hands by many users and not all users are willing to sell their bitcoins, and besides there are millions of others who want to buy btcoin as well
Jamescur

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:11:23 AM

There is no such possibility at all!
BTC has not yet been mined. Now the price of BTC is already very high. With the difficulty of mining in the future, the price of BTC will continue to rise. If he intends to buy BTC, he needs a lot of wealth, and there is no world. That kind of people!
voron84-05

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:11:35 AM

Buy all the extracted BTC is not possible. The fact is that when buying bitcoin, the price for the next becomes higher and so if you count it, the price for the last will be higher than the price for all the previous ones. So money all over the world just will not be enough.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:41:38 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it

Thank you
if someone buys most bitcoin at current prices I don't believe it. control over the rise in bitcoin prices due to their stock in last year when bitcoin prices were very low from this year. probably also true. they bought most of it last year. but I believe in the next 2-5 years, bitcoin will be very expensive. so you don't have to worry to see someone controlling bitcoin prices. believe me they also need a profit.
bajarang8668

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:01:13 PM

It's not possible someone bought up all the existing bitcoins if someone tries to buy all bitcoin so value increase like 1 M$, 10M$ after that never one buy bitcoin again and also all bitcoins are not mined so wait next 100 years.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:33:02 PM

That so impossible to happen, I think no one can afford to buy all circulating BTC even the most rich people in the whole world, but if so then it can clearly destroy BTC purpose of decentralized money.
all that might happen because there are so many everyone interested in bitcoin. so we do not conclude what we can not yet know. because everything we think can not sometimes it can happen
lissandra3612

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:53:33 AM

If there were only a few coins, the price would be several million dollars, and people would only use the fractions of a coin the same way they use today a full coin. Every one of us owns any of the richest coins, and will be able to start and finance new ventures. Not so. All of them will be the same stupid efforts. Even if I had liquidated 99.99% of my bitcoin, I would still continue with a few so the buyer did not get all of them.
calumbautista23

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:11:37 PM

A 2012 post was revived. And even in that time that bitcoin price is lower, it will be impossible since as more bitcoin is being purchased the price will increase and increase.
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:16:55 PM

Thank you

If a single buyer bought all remaining bitcoins then the price would go up. And the market will not crumble or crash but people will eventually cashout and spend money so the cycle would be the same. Price goes up then down then up again.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

No i don't think that's possible, nobody can buy all the existing bitcoin because not everybody will be willing to sell his/her btc at the same time, at the same exchange and at the same period of time. Quite a number of hodlers are out there who who even won't think of selling this year or thereafter.
zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:14:54 AM

If someone purchases up all the existing bitcoins, he can pump and dump them at his discretion.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

One person buying the whole bitcoin in existence to me is very much impossible because the holders of bitcoin knows the value besides the coins is not controlled or own by one person so it's not possible for one person to get hold on all the bitcons in existence. And if it happens the price of bitcoin if not the whole cryptocurrency may collapse because there will be no demands or investment on bitcoin if am not mistaken or getting it wrong.
lmillert85

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:15:05 AM

The more a single person buys, the more "rare" the bitcoin gets, and the price will burst. Imagine you with 1 btc, the last in the world, by how much would you sell?
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:48:27 PM

An interesting question of the legendary person as a beginner from 2012. If someone buys up all the bitcoins, which is impossible at all, the bitcoin simply will not be needed by anyone, they will simply forget about its existence and it will not cost anything. Therefore, whales will always take care that a certain part of bitcoins goes among users and the demand for bitcoin do not fall.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: