Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:31:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][APT] Aptcoin★ASIC Resistant Scrypt In-Motion(NM) w/Aptcurve Retargeting  (Read 56717 times)
lorenz2356

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:54:45 PM

xD how long will it take to get 1 block?  Shocked anybody? how many blocks you found?  Cheesy Grin

12KnK2YkdYTv8nKUT1pYivnmycyBCTQk74
radus

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

xD how long will it take to get 1 block?  Shocked anybody? how many blocks you found?  Cheesy Grin

I've found 16 blocks over the last 3 days

GimmeMyCoins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:06:18 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 03:49:24 PM by GimmeMyCoins

xD how long will it take to get 1 block?  Shocked anybody? how many blocks you found?  Cheesy Grin

I've found 16 blocks over the last 3 days

I found 10 in 3 days with most of them found late at night or early in the morning.

I didn't find any blocks until I started using the cpuminer.
martibg

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:46:56 PM

i try to setup CPU miner i but fail  Grin Grin

Wink   Wink
GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:09:33 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 04:21:55 PM by GimmeMyCoins

i try to setup CPU miner i but fail  Grin Grin

I had trouble too but it was my first attempt at compiling a miner in windows.

Someone posted earlier that had compiled a working windows cpuminer and would share it if sent a PM (that's where I got mine  Grin ).

radus

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:00:41 PM

Someone posted earlier that had compiled a working windows cpuminer and would share it if sent a PM (that's where I got mine  Grin ).

I'm using a jury-rigged gpuminer. It's a little faulty though, but at least it works.

GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:17:27 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 05:36:57 PM by GimmeMyCoins

I'm using a jury-rigged gpuminer. It's a little faulty though, but at least it works.

Have you found any blocks with it?

How are you dealing with the changing NFactor and what hash rate are you getting with the different NFactors?
I have tried several times to compile a modified version of vertminer but I keep getting lots of "share above target" and rejects.

Mind sharing what you have?
radus

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:50:18 PM

How are you dealing with the changing NFactor and what hash rate are you getting with the different NFactors?
I have tried several times to compile a modified version of vertminer but I keep getting lots of "share above target" and rejects.

I've found around ~30 blocks so far.
I set it to fetch the n-factor from the network in a very crude way, so it actually has to restart the miner everytime it changes (thus the word "jury-rigged"). I'm getting around 60kh/s at n-factor 13 and it almost doubles in speed everytime it goes a factor down (R9 290).

GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:31:25 PM

I've found around ~30 blocks so far.
I set it to fetch the n-factor from the network in a very crude way, so it actually has to restart the miner everytime it changes (thus the word "jury-rigged"). I'm getting around 60kh/s at n-factor 13 and it almost doubles in speed everytime it goes a factor down (R9 290).

Hey, it works. At least you will help get us over those NFactor 13 blocks that we were stuck on before.

Sent you a PM.
leond

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:34:28 PM

Can somebody be so kind and share the miner? thanks in advance.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:16:39 PM

taking something back. coin although it takes bit longer to confirm blocks, works just fine..

one thing, we really need to get it on exchanges even in small capacity., I like its anti ASIC approach
Singman33

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:08:50 AM

I've tried to adapt the GPU miner but can't get it to work with the wallet :
"No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:12946"

Strange because CPU miner still getting work from this same address :/
hybrid2

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:27:50 PM

Why that coin is not on exchange yet ? Its really interesting ...
amadaeus

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:44:35 PM

So in laymens terms this coin changes the memory hardness in an effort to discourage ASIC's from creating units for it. If one ASIC manufacturer wanted to make units they would have to make multiple different models on different N factors to work, correct?
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:09:16 AM

So in laymens terms this coin changes the memory hardness in an effort to discourage ASIC's from creating units for it. If one ASIC manufacturer wanted to make units they would have to make multiple different models on different N factors to work, correct?

looks that way, this is one beautiful stealth coin flying under the radar at the moment, GPU miner has not been created for it (I would know) GPU miner is feasible but it is really ASIC that matters, all in all everything is possible given sufficient market cap, but what is nice here is that anyone right now at least can accumulate and sit tight for it to go on exchanges and possible enhancements

radus

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:33:20 AM

looks that way, this is one beautiful stealth coin flying under the radar at the moment, GPU miner has not been created for it (I would know) GPU miner is feasible but it is really ASIC that matters, all in all everything is possible given sufficient market cap, but what is nice here is that anyone right now at least can accumulate and sit tight for it to go on exchanges and possible enhancements

stealth where? as far as I know, this coin is just as stealthy as litecoin.

woot

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

I think they are saying this coin is a relatively unknown coin at the moment. I really think that some of the best coins long term are the ones which are not GPU mine-able right out of the blocks. It gives these coins time to grow, allows early adopters a chance to grab some blocks which are more fairly distributed and gives a real vested interest to those who mined e arly.
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:54:59 PM

I think they are saying this coin is a relatively unknown coin at the moment. I really think that some of the best coins long term are the ones which are not GPU mine-able right out of the blocks. It gives these coins time to grow, allows early adopters a chance to grab some blocks which are more fairly distributed and gives a real vested interest to those who mined e arly.

correct, the only way right now to corner this coin is two folds a) someone codes a GPU miner and attacks it head on with tremendous speed up
b) spend considerable amount of cash on cloud CPU instances

since we are not on any exchange yet, coin distribution continues on a low scale and into hands of many people (one would hope) remember this was Satoshi original dream  Cool

I see, stealth as for example cloak or black coin or cryptonight, a bit different meaning for the word here, although one could repeat dark coin design but do one really have to have yet another stealth coin ? or rather have thousands or millions of machines and each gets share of the pie.. its a semi philosophical question
woot

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

correct, the only way right now to corner this coin is two folds a) someone codes a GPU miner and attacks it head on with tremendous speed up
b) spend considerable amount of cash on cloud CPU instances

since we are not on any exchange yet, coin distribution continues on a low scale and into hands of many people (one would hope) remember this was Satoshi original dream  Cool

I see, stealth as for example cloak or black coin or cryptonight, a bit different meaning for the word here, although one could repeat dark coin design but do one really have to have yet another stealth coin ? or rather have thousands or millions of machines and each gets share of the pie.. its a semi philosophical question
My sentiments exactly. In satoshi's sort of utilitarian point of view the most good would be to allow everyone at it in the beginning to keep the coin as decentralized as possible. I have a couple computers thrown at this coin but by no means am I a large miner, yet I can solo and find blocks.

I do not necessarily agree that a coin like this could not have a stealth aspect to it while maintaining a fair decentralized distribution. I think that both could live in harmony, and if this Scrypt N motion algo really works out in the long run, I am sure there will be plenty of forks adding a stealth aspect on top. The question then becomes are these additions truly creating anonymity or just dark fluff
radus

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:05:52 PM

I'm probably gonna drop mining this coin if it doesn't hit an exchange soon - only getting those nf13 blocks anyway.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: