Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 04:46:54 AM

With projects like Daemon coming out on the ETH platform what advantages does SDC have over those platforms?

What advantage does SDC market have for vendors over current DNMs on TOR browser?

Does it offer Vendors any more privacy or insurance than your typical DNM?

- Thank you

LOL! They were a tad silly blazin hahah c'mon you know the answers to those...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoctorBugsBunny

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

As you sow, so shall you reap.

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:45:55 PM

With projects like Daemon coming out on the ETH platform what advantages does SDC have over those platforms?

What advantage does SDC market have for vendors over current DNMs on TOR browser?

- Thank you

No, I don't think the questions were silly. I actually think they are some well thought out questions. I am curious to know myself.

Can you answer them?

Mineable ERC 20 tokens are the future.
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 09:02:44 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 09:19:03 PM by Kewde

Daemon hasn't released a single proof of their work, so we can't say. Seems more like a scam DAO because of that very reason, time will tell the truth.
On the other hand what we can tell is that Ethereum isn't privacy-centric.

What makes SDC unique is the way you do business, vendor and buyer put up an insurance amount. If they don't perform as expected, then the isurance deposits are lost. We make scamming unprofitable. The Tor browser has been hit with series of serious vulnerabilities because Mozilla is a very complex structure with loads of attack vectors. Every project has had its fair share of vulnerabilities but our structure is way simpler and that automatically makes it more secure. The biggest security concerns resides in filtering the data properly before displaying it. Our currency allows for anonymous transactions, something not achieved by Bitcoin. We do however support Bitcoin for transactions to and from fiat because the userbase of Bitcoin is way higher. We have decentralized structure which can operate on top of Tor when you take proper precautions, making it impossible to figure out who is who.

But Blazin8888 already knows all of that, that is why it is silly. The information is available on our docs and website but we'll make a comparision chat with alternative platforms in the near future.

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
DoctorBugsBunny

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:12:27 PM

Daemon hasn't released a single proof of their work, so we can't say. Seems more like a scam DAO because of that very reason, time will tell the truth.
On the other hand what we can tell is that Ethereum isn't privacy-centric.

What makes SDC unique is the way you do business, vendor and buyer put up an insurance amount. If they don't perform as expected, then the isurance deposits are lost. We make scamming unprofitable. The Tor browser has been hit with series of serious vulnerabilities because Mozilla is a very complex structure with loads of attack vectors. Every project has had its fair share of vulnerabilities but our structure is way simpler and that automatically makes it more secure. The biggest security concerns resides in filtering the data properly before displaying it. Our currency allows for anonymous transactions, something not achieved by Bitcoin. We do however support Bitcoin for transactions to and from fiat because the userbase of Bitcoin is way higher. We have decentralized structure which can operate on top of Tor when you take proper precautions, making it impossible to figure out who is who.

But Blazin8888 already knows all of that, that is why it is silly. The information is available on our docs and website but we'll make a comparision chat with alternative platforms in the near future.

Thanks for the answer, I heard of Daemeon, but didn't quite know where it stood. Having a comparison chart would be great for people to know the difference between these other privacy focused darkmarkets/altcoins.

Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:53:04 PM

This community is racist against me. I did not know that. Please stop im sick of it.
Kewde

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 10:07:07 PM

This community is racist against me. I did not know that. Please stop im sick of it.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 10:36:04 PM

- Thank you

No, I don't think the questions were silly. I actually think they are some well thought out questions. I am curious to know myself.

Can you answer them?
I do, because blazin has been around long enough to know why a decentralized market is better then a centralized market, and he knows the reasons why it's better also, because he has asked these same questions numerous times in the past in different wording
He even came here once and told us DM users would never use our market so he must know something.... but no problem rub his ego doc, he is really innocently asking a question and im just an asshole
DoctorBugsBunny

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:12:26 PM

- Thank you

Can you answer them?
I do, because blazin has been around long enough to know why a decentralized market is better then a centralized market, and he knows the reasons why it's better also, because he has asked these same questions numerous times in the past in different wording
He even came here once and told us DM users would never use our market so he must know something.... but no problem rub his ego doc, he is really innocently asking a question and im just an asshole

Ah, okay. He's one of those guys. Thanks for the heads up.  Cool

vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:47:33 PM

- Thank you

Can you answer them?

Ah, okay. He's one of those guys. Thanks for the heads up.  Cool

He is one of the worst of those guys... 

On a positive note, it will be interesting to see what happens to better coins like SDC when the Bitcoin reward halves. SDC is long overdue for a hefty price increase in my opinion. In other words, I don't see many people selling SDC for half as much BTC. Grin
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:59:53 PM

- Thank you

Can you answer them?

Ah, okay. He's one of those guys. Thanks for the heads up.  Cool
Yeah he is a SYSie troll. Check his post history.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:32:40 PM

Come on guys give him a break, he is helping some kids in a poor Indian village.  Think of the children!
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:19:37 AM

Kewde is that you who works on Shadow Installer? I was wondering if it would be possible to fork BTC Electrum wallet for SDC?
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:29:54 AM

code: Yes.

Possible but no reason why we should do that. Our in-house wallet supports lite mode, so no point.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Gillette

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:34:30 AM

Possible but no reason why we should do that. Our in-house wallet supports lite mode, so no point.

Did not know that. Will try it out. So, the lite version enables all features (send, receive, tor, generation of stealth addresses, shadowsend, etc) except of staking?
Gillette

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 01:50:22 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 02:03:32 PM by Gillette

Did not know that. Will try it out. So, the lite version enables all features (send, receive, tor, generation of stealth addresses, shadowsend, etc) except of staking?

I tried lite version. It`s not user friendly because needs some manual interventions from the side of the user.

Have you tried to fork BTC Electrum wallet for SDC? Are there plans in this field?
Kewde

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 01:59:42 PM

I tries lite version. It`s not user friendly because needs some manual interventions from the side of the user.

Have you tried to fork BTC Electrum wallet for SDC? Are there plans in this field?
No, we need to focus on having good full nodes before doing more work on lite mode.

There has been an effort for porting electrum but we'd rather have our own lite mode version.

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:25:40 PM

Hello fellow ShadowCash users, I have a question. How do I change the data directory for Shadow in Ubuntu? I tried using the "-datadir={path}" command when running the shadow executable through command line, but that also did not work. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 05:36:07 PM

code: Hi VeritasSapere,

When pointing to a path, make sure the directory you are referencing actually exists. You'll have to manually make the directory and assure that the user under which you are executing Shadow has read, write and execute rights to the directory.

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:18:53 PM

code: Hi VeritasSapere
When pointing to a path, make sure the directory you are referencing actually exists. You'll have to manually make the directory and assure that the user under which you are executing Shadow has read, write and execute rights to the directory
I did do that and it still puts it in the standard directory. I open the terminal from the folder that shadow is located, I then give this command "./shadow -datadir=/home/***/***/***". If you see anything wrong with this please let me know. I figured using a different directory would increase the security a bit, but I suppose I will just use the standard directory since I am unable to get this to work, this same method did work for other wallets. Thank you for your help however, it is not that big of a deal to get this working in this way, though I figured I am doing everything right unless I have missed something obvious here. If I put in the wrong directory it does say that the directory does not exist, when configured correctly it still puts the data into the standard directory, this is with the latest version of Shadow.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:29:53 PM

I tries lite version. It`s not user friendly because needs some manual interventions from the side of the user.

No, we need to focus on having good full nodes before doing more work on lite mode.

There has been an effort for porting electrum but we'd rather have our own lite mode version.

I'd think the market would obviate that, being market users will already have a wallet running, right?

The other major class of users would be the big holders who already have staking nodes and always will. If they're not going to use the market and not going to stake coins, who would want an Electrum-type wallet?

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: