Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lechatfrancaise

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:45:26 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2016, 11:27:16 AM by lechatfrancaise

Isidor Zeuner
We think it is time to clear the air up once and for all about Isidor Zeuner. Currently he is unresponsive to both e-mail and telephone so there is that. The funds are in his control, but remain untouched.

Let us be clear that this is not the end of this story. We'll make sure to give his name a bad reputation on any online freelancing platform he resides.

This guy became a ghost, his website went offline and his telephone numbers became unresponsive. We've been digging through heaps of information and everything leads to a dead end. This guy might as well be dead.

If anyone has any information about Isidor Zeuner, then contact us on Slack.

Is this the end for a cryptographic review? no.

1. he's still living at the address you can find via google, friend of mine from L checked it personally a few months ago.

2. he's online at btct right now ;-) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=76419

edit: just tried to call his home phone number, mailbox still works you can leave him a message. your google-fu master must have been a weak one...

1. Your friend actually went to his house and confirmed the identity of the resident? We know of the address and phone numbers connected to the address in L.

2. I'll be sending him a PM right now.

Which number did you call? Some of the numbers don't go through and others seem to go other people. My google-fu skills are better than yours, take my word for it. We have a whole document of information related to Zeuner. We've had a situation where and old guy picked up the phone but claimed he wasn't Zeuner.

regarding 1) afaik he did not went inside the building, but I've seen 3 or 4 pictures from the house and the outdoor intercom buzzer/bell showing his last name. one can verify it's the correct house by comparing my friends pictures via google streetview, which I did.

regarding 2) I took the phone number from the old quidecco.de whois entry. I did NOT leave him a message, just tried if I actually can get to that point.

ps: my master is going to challenge your master to settle this once and for all :-P

pps: doener royal... https://imgur.com/a/6ijcf
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2016, 11:43:07 AM

Isidor Zeuner
We think it is time to clear the air up once and for all about Isidor Zeuner. Currently he is unresponsive to both e-mail and telephone so there is that. The funds are in his control, but remain untouched.

Let us be clear that this is not the end of this story. We'll make sure to give his name a bad reputation on any online freelancing platform he resides.

This guy became a ghost, his website went offline and his telephone numbers became unresponsive. We've been digging through heaps of information and everything leads to a dead end. This guy might as well be dead.

1. he's still living at the address you can find via google, friend of mine from L checked it personally a few months ago.

2. he's online at btct right now ;-) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=76419

edit: just tried to call his home phone number, mailbox still works you can leave him a message. your google-fu master must have been a weak one...

1. Your friend actually went to his house and confirmed the identity of the resident? We know of the address and phone numbers connected to the address in L.

Which number did you call? Some of the numbers don't go through and others seem to go other people. My google-fu skills are better than yours, take my word for it. We have a whole document of information related to Zeuner. We've had a situation where and old guy picked up the phone but claimed he wasn't Zeuner.

regarding 1) afaik he did not went inside the building, but I've seen 3 or 4 pictures from the house and the outdoor intercom buzzer/bell showing his last name. one can verify it's the correct house by comparing my friends pictures via google streetview, which I did.

regarding 2) I took the phone number from the old quidecco.de whois entry. I did NOT leave him a message, just tried if I actually can get to that point.

ps: my master is going to challenge your master to settle this once and for all :-P

pps: doener royal... https://imgur.com/a/6ijcf

The pictures are valid, they are of his house in Leipzig. You've done quite your homework lol.

We also called the whois entry phone number two days ago, which seemed to be a cellphone number IIRC. We'll keep on calling that number until we have a hit.
Did he have a recorded message at his mailbox? I had a few community members ring him up.

The public whois of the quidecco domain is a trophee of information:
https://whois.domaintools.com/quidecco.net

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:52:53 PM

zeuner stuff
Finding him was never the issue imo. The issue was getting him to reply. It's like paparazzi chasing down Bernie Madoff when he was on trial. He knows he did a community of people wrong as an individual and doesn't want to talk about it and/or cannot do what he was paid to do. Maybe it's too complicated for Zeuner? Either way it detracts from the innovation and current events.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:14:52 AM

Isidor Zeuner

I'd advise not pursuing Zeuner in these ways. The worst that could have happened is he screwed a group of contributors out of 5 BTC.

Stalking, doxxing, harassment have potential consequences much greater than that, too much upside with Shadow to risk the reputation of the coin and community with some revenge that isn't going to accomplish anything of value.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:26:13 AM

dadon:  Yeah agreed i think enough has been done your only foing it to please a few ungrateful people forget it forget them  shadows bigger then this small insignificant event

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
lechatfrancaise

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:49:46 AM

sounds like a scammers paradise, wow. well your choice guys if you dont want to follow up on that lead.
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 07:25:54 AM

congratulations to the partnership in Azure BaaS!
rutherford

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:52:53 AM

code: Shadow is a loose collective of individuals that act according to their own believes. All the information I posted is publicly made available by Zeuner himself. No doxxing involved.

The laws in most European countries state that before you can go to court you must have made a maximum effort on claiming the debt and that involves going to his house.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 07:56:22 AM

sounds like a scammers paradise, wow. well your choice guys if you dont want to follow up on that lead.
What a load of shit!
that's my opinion i speak for nobody else, and i think it should be forgotten about it's seriously unimportant now because the zeuner guy is clearly dishonest and is avoiding the situation..
so it's all on him and nobody else, and later this year after our market release and we are in the public spotlight a lot more im sure it will be brought up again and we should settle it then for good, we have nothing to hide, this should be settled out in the open when sdc is more known and popular so all can see we have nothing to hide..until then it's irrelevant  ....once again my worthless opinion..but it's my opinion so either accept it or ignore it i don't care..but don't point the finger at other people here because of my attitude toward the situation
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:34:57 AM

code: Shadow is a loose collective of individuals that act according to their own believes. All the information I posted is publicly made available by Zeuner himself. No doxxing involved.

The laws in most European countries state that before you can go to court you must have made a maximum effort on claiming the debt and that involves going to his house.

5 BTC would not be enough to compel me to go to someone's house in Germany and then to court.

Also in legal terms it may be uncollectable because it is unclear to whom he owes the debt. I kicked in a little bit as did many others here. If we are really just a loose collection of individuals than it is the individuals who contributed who have the status to make the claim and not some organization, because there is no organization.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
rutherford

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:06:20 AM

code: I never asked you to go. And that's merely because you don't live in German. Debt is never uncollectable, the list of contributors first sent it to a fund of the Shadow Project, but the community as I referred to as Shadow is a loose collective of individuals and we can't stop any of them of doing things they want. Thus Shadow Project has a claim to the funds. If German members want to visit Zeuner and reclaim our funds then the Shadow Project would have no problem with that.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:44:27 PM

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit over this.

If he ruins his reputation over 5btc, then so be it.  Nobody needs to visit his residence.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:57:00 PM

Hey just wanted to swing by and say keep up the hard work. From one dev to another. The wallet looks nice. Smiley

If you need any advice on how to use the "cold staking" method of posv3 just lemme know(but via pm or reddit i hardly use bitcointalk). I finally did my first multisig stake last week in BLK(original pos3). Its here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/blk/tx.dws?6ef2849263110c5c6dc6443766be883ea1798851cba45ad6eda9903ba283762c.htm

Its pretty straightforward as you can see in the script.

I know how hard it is to code this stuff doing it first hand in Halo and am happy to see you have chosen bitmessage channels for markets. As we have been using them successfully for a few years now. You might want to modify your bitmessage to resubmit messages every 2 days. If you read the fine print, Bitmessage re-sends 2-4-8-16 day intervals or something like this. Which can result in lost messages if parties don't log in frequently. The network needs to always have a copy of outbound messages in contracts or else you can lose coins if the message you are sending is paramount to the transaction. Unless you are using blockchain messaging while in escrow. Anyways, its easy to modify. If I remember correctly it was only a couple lines to change.

Also, you might want to be careful in combining Tor with Bitcoin since I've heard there is a cheap attack that compromises anonymity.

It would be interesting to see how a person could correlate ip addresses that use all 3 (correlate tor, bitmessage and the coin network). I've always liked i2p the best.

I would be interested in reading the NIZKP implementation as I've always wondered how it can be applied proactively in a p2p network. (I'm fully aware of how zkp works and how the setup of nizkp works but am unsure of how tokens are transferred as I read about the minting and pouring process of zerocoin and was a bit confused.) And plus am wondering how the ip of a broadcast of a transaction can be correlated to a proof. (until there is mesh networks and 3d printed open source electronics there may never be true anon)

But I'm just musing aloud as usual...

Good luck y'all

Hi David,

The team really appreciates your kind words and input. I have noticed that BlackCoin is doing some great improvements too.

We're watching Blackcoin very carefully, everyone here agrees that we wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for you guys. We're excited about the Blackcoin upgrade to the Bitcoin coinbase 0.11 Smiley
We followed the Reddit thread about the cold staking, a very interesting read. We were bit confused by the term "cold staking", but multisig staking makes a lot more sense!

Our current implementation does not re-send after two days, I can't say for sure what we'll do to fix this issue but we're not very fond of the current BitMessage approach. We didn't implement the acknowledgment part of the protocol because they open up a gap for traffic correlation and active internal intersection attacks. The acknowledgment messages have a particular size and are easily recognized by an adversary.

There are very effective attacks that can quickly compromise anonymity in the original BitMessage design, we're not having that in ours.

We've made sure that coins can't be lost due to nodes not being online for extended periods of time. The sellers puts all the needed information to make a multisig address in the listing. The buyer then generates the multisig address and includes a signed transaction in the message. When the seller verifies the order he broadcasts all the transactions. No coins will ever be lost this way.

To combat message losses we devised a theoretical model that acts like acknowledgments but is more resilient. Take for example Alice and Bob. Alice sends a message 'Hey Bob' to Bob. When Bob replies he adds the hash of the last message of Alice he had in his message 'Oh hello Alice'.

A->B: message A
B->A: hash(message A) + message B

Now a scenario where multiple messages are lost:

A->B: message A2 (not received by Bob)
A->B: message A3 (not received by Bob)

If Alice receives the message of Bob, she can choose to re-broadcast the messages. If she doesn't receive his messages then the cycle begins again.
When you're expecting an important message then we're generally assuming that you'll be awaiting a response.  

Great reads on BitMessage and potential attack vectors:
Traffic correlation attacks: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitmessage/comments/3svc5g/do_confirmation_messages_make_bitmessage/
Forward secrecy: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitmessage/comments/3zzevp/forward_secrecy_for_bitmessage/
More forward secrecy: https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php?topic=2981.0
Security Analysis of BitMessage: https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php?topic=1666.0

Tor and Bitcoin indeed form a bit of a troubled relationship, the key element to make it secure is having lots of people running their node as a hidden service. Most attacks with Tor and Bitcoin involve Tor exit relays. I agree that I2P is a better route to take, and we're closely monitoring the Korvi I2P router by Monero.
I'm assuming the cheap attack you are talking about is the one mentioned here: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1410.6079.pdf

Hehehe I'm a newb when it comes down to NIZKP, if you have some good reads for me, ship them over to me! Smiley

Thank you for popping by, we greatly appreciate it. It takes great effort to run and maintain open source projects, we recognize your spirit and wish you the best.

Regards,
Kewde and the team.

Okay so staking goes like this and its not limited to multisig, it just lets you have more control over staking in general. In this case you put the blocksignature into an output with 6a

Check for a block once per 16 seconds (more often makes no sense) you check your inputs/coins with:
checkkernel [{"hash1":n1},{"hash2":n2},...] which usually returns { "result":false }
or when you are lucky to create new block { "result":true, "kernel":{"hash":"hash", "n":n, "time":time}, "blocktemplate":"hex", "blocktemplatefees":fees, "blocksignkey":"hex" }

Then Halo creates coinstake tx, using info returned by checkkernel, as follows:
create empty tx set time to kernel time add the kernel input if you want add more inputs (this is a bit tricky so don't for now)

Now we need to know reward, so call getstakesubsidy coinstake blocktemplatefees
Continue to build coinstake add output to empty script, 0 coins add output to script "6a + blocksignkey", 0 coins
add outputs to your addr which is staking fees+staked coins+all your inputs
you can even send outputs to voting addresses if you like

Last step you call submitstakeblock blocktemplate, {coinstake} It will add coinstake to block template, recalculate merkle tree, sign block, and announce it to the network

Here is my example on BLK:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/blk/tx.dws?6ef2849263110c5c6dc6443766be883ea1798851cba45ad6eda9903ba283762c.htm

I constructed that one with pyblackcointools although i realize your code is in c++  the theory is the same

Cold staking allows you to stake from multisignatue asynchronously signing. So think "staking device" or "staking with two computers". This would make it harder for keyloggers to get your coins because
there is one key on each computer

Bitmessage 2 day resending rule is modified by editing class_singleCleaner.py line 94
(216000 max age of object 60 hours) was being multiplied exponentially which can cause gaps and lose messages now we have a linear system

So that is how you fix that. I agree for acknowledgement, your fix is obviously superior. Very simple and elegant concept. Also consider you can just send a public key with each message. In Halo Bob and Alice exchange Halo public keys and they immediately have fully double encrypted messages. Like PGP. I should remind you that Tor exit nodes are currently controlled by nefarious forces. I've heard these attacks are not trivial and some people think Tors security was never jeopardized. However, I think Bitmessage is harder to attack than you are thinking. This assumes more nodes will start to use Bitmessage and I think they will. Ever since I started on markets, I've seen my connections to the network go up, perhaps from Halo users or just a general renewed interest in it. I remember sending many messages to Aetheros asking him to fix the message header mutation attacks that was crippling the network. Very happy he updated it, I've heard a few others also asked him and it prevented it from being abandonware.

By the way, is your version of Bitmessage in Python? Do you have your own fork/github? My version of Bitmessage is not online. But I only changed message resending and also made the datadir automatically local since I store everything in C:\BlackHalo including the data files of the blockchain and Bitmessage.

Anyways the security is still pretty tricky to compromise, when there is 100s of nodes on the network, messages will be passed from node to node, if all 100 of them are using the channel for markets, it becomes very hard to find out who the originator of a message really even is. Especially because they can send from the channel to the channel. So its like everyone is shouting in an open forum

I was considering using this for broadcasting transactions to the Bitcoin network as well. Instead of broadcasting directly to Bitcoin nodes, send the raw TX to Bitmessage and let them do it. This makes it harder to tell the originating IP address of the Bitcoin transaction broadcast.

You can combine Bitmessage with Tor. And you are right, that paper is the one I was citing.
Although you may be correct in thinking that IP addresses could be triangulated in Bitmessage.

I'm a bigger fan of i2p in any case

And personally I think we will never have anonymity until there is mesh networks. In the meantime a person can always buy their own dish for receiving wifi signals within lets say a 10 mile range. Of course that signal could be triangulated.

Mesh networks, especially 3d printed electronics with mesh networks is a hard core way to go. If only there was a way to encrypt an ip address or change a mac or ip address. People are forced to rely on isps who are now taught to give away all their personal info.

As you guys probably know, Halo is a commercial program, which im trying to get larger masses interested in decentralization. So I'm not honestly as concerned if someone triangulates an IP in my system.
However with that said, I always put all my energy into the security because I'm trying to maintain the principals of decentralization. Of course this is why I designed double deposit escrow, to remove middle men and make lying unprofitable and obviate lawyers and courts (and especially arbiters).

Also you might be thinking to yourself that Python with Bitmessage is slow because POW is slow in Python. Also there is a problem with the equilibrium of using POW when super fast computers can smash your network because the POW must be good enough for regular laptops.

So obviously that wont work.

My solution to this I think you will find is awesome and elegant. You force nodes to lock funds per kilobyte using checklocktimeverify.
So Bob wants to send a message to Alice, his message is 100 KB

Instead of some crazy POW, he is asked by the protocol to lock for example 1 satoshi per byte (of course we can increase this or have it based on some global rate set by a custodial wallet)
So he send the coins checklocktimeverify for lets say 24 hours. The coins first go to 6a or the bitcoineater(burn address)... then you "revive" them like a zombie.
So output is 6a checklocktimeverify 24 hours to (your address)

The network can confirm his coins are indeed locked to himself of the blockchain forgoing POW entirely.

I dont have the time to implement this, but would love to see it done because it fixes an obvious problem with Bitmessage. The only drawback is this might make main-net nodes exclude you but perhaps you can still do it on the main-net giving the option to use both methods and ignore POW when using POL (proof of lock?)

Lastly, I spent a lot of time trying to understand zero proof. It was only this amazing little paper that made me "get it". Its called "How to explain zero knowledge to your children".
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~mkowalcz/628.pdf

Not only does it explain zero, but it explains how to fake interactive zero and how to defend against it. And it explains it with the badass story of Alibaba and the 40 thieves.

To sum it up, that paper illustrates that zero is like having a tunnel that is actually a circle that is disconnected at first unless you know the passphrase. When you exit the tunnel you do so from right or left. But nobody saw you inside the tunnel.

Thus, if they say "we want you to exit out the left side", you do it. If they say "we want you to exit out the right", you do it. And this would be impossible without knowing the passphrase.

So by your ACTIONS you prove you knew a secret.

Applying this in a meaningful way is the part that I'm not sure of yet. If I prove I know my own age without telling you my age, can this be used for addresses as well? How?

The proof requires a public demonstration as the "asker of questions" must be there to randomly test the person with the burden of proof. Is there a way to perhaps generate the questions in a meaningful random way based on things they are unable to predict? (Perhaps their broadcast time they need to do their answers to questions off the hash of that combined with other hashes that they wouldn't have been able to predict making preparing for the questioning scheme pretty damn hard).

Obviously the future isn't predictable so there must be some sort of real time random data set to pull from on or off a blockchain. And perhaps one that can be confirmed in retrograde?

Non-interactive proofs I (think) have to do with setting up the "demonstration" in advance. So everyone runs their test of a really giant database of prescripted questions for the scheme? And correct me if I'm wrong but non-interactive requires a TRUSTED setup since I think there is a layer of obfuscation. So trust has to be placed that the person who set it up will not abuse his knowledge of the questions in advance allowing him to fake knowledge of facts pertaining to the Zero knowledge proofs.

I heard a rumor that you used zknips? But then I heard you had only used ring signatures. Then i heard all kinds of fud. I'm not sure what was true and what wasn't. In any case it would be interesting to know if you guys actually use zero knowledge in your code base? And how did you apply it in a useful way? I really could not understand zerocoins pouring and minting method... and I re-read the paper like 10 times.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:45:41 PM

What a load of shit!
that's my opinion i speak for nobody else, and i think it should be forgotten about it's seriously unimportant now because the zeuner guy is clearly dishonest and is avoiding the situation..
so it's all on him and nobody else, and later this year after our market release and we are in the public spotlight a lot more im sure it will be brought up again and we should settle it then for good, we have nothing to hide, this should be settled out in the open when sdc is more known and popular so all can see we have nothing to hide..until then it's irrelevant  ....once again my worthless opinion..but it's my opinion so either accept it or ignore it i don't care..but don't point the finger at other people here because of my attitude toward the situation

Ditto... At this point who really cares what the guy thinks? The Zeuner thing will end up as a comical footnote in SDC history. We should concentrate on moving forward.
erok

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:05:40 PM

Hey just wanted to swing by and say keep up the hard work. From one dev to another. The wallet looks nice. Smiley

If you need any advice on how to use the "cold staking" method of posv3 just lemme know(but via pm or reddit i hardly use bitcointalk). I finally did my first multisig stake last week in BLK(original pos3). Its here:

Its pretty straightforward as you can see in the script.

I know how hard it is to code this stuff doing it first hand in Halo and am happy to see you have chosen bitmessage channels for markets. As we have been using them successfully for a few years now. You might want to modify your bitmessage to resubmit messages every 2 days. If you read the fine print, Bitmessage re-sends 2-4-8-16 day intervals or something like this. Which can result in lost messages if parties don't log in frequently. The network needs to always have a copy of outbound messages in contracts or else you can lose coins if the message you are sending is paramount to the transaction. Unless you are using blockchain messaging while in escrow. Anyways, its easy to modify. If I remember correctly it was only a couple lines to change.

Also, you might want to be careful in combining Tor with Bitcoin since I've heard there is a cheap attack that compromises anonymity.

It would be interesting to see how a person could correlate ip addresses that use all 3 (correlate tor, bitmessage and the coin network). I've always liked i2p the best.

I would be interested in reading the NIZKP implementation as I've always wondered how it can be applied proactively in a p2p network. (I'm fully aware of how zkp works and how the setup of nizkp works but am unsure of how tokens are transferred as I read about the minting and pouring process of zerocoin and was a bit confused.) And plus am wondering how the ip of a broadcast of a transaction can be correlated to a proof. (until there is mesh networks and 3d printed open source electronics there may never be true anon)

But I'm just musing aloud as usual...

Good luck y'all

Hi David,

The team really appreciates your kind words and input. I have noticed that BlackCoin is doing some great improvements too.

We're watching Blackcoin very carefully, everyone here agrees that we wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for you guys. We're excited about the Blackcoin upgrade to the Bitcoin coinbase 0.11 Smiley
We followed the Reddit thread about the cold staking, a very interesting read. We were bit confused by the term "cold staking", but multisig staking makes a lot more sense!

Our current implementation does not re-send after two days, I can't say for sure what we'll do to fix this issue but we're not very fond of the current BitMessage approach. We didn't implement the acknowledgment part of the protocol because they open up a gap for traffic correlation and active internal intersection attacks. The acknowledgment messages have a particular size and are easily recognized by an adversary.

There are very effective attacks that can quickly compromise anonymity in the original BitMessage design, we're not having that in ours.

We've made sure that coins can't be lost due to nodes not being online for extended periods of time. The sellers puts all the needed information to make a multisig address in the listing. The buyer then generates the multisig address and includes a signed transaction in the message. When the seller verifies the order he broadcasts all the transactions. No coins will ever be lost this way.

To combat message losses we devised a theoretical model that acts like acknowledgments but is more resilient. Take for example Alice and Bob. Alice sends a message 'Hey Bob' to Bob. When Bob replies he adds the hash of the last message of Alice he had in his message 'Oh hello Alice'.

Now a scenario where multiple messages are lost:

A->B: message A2 (not received by Bob)
A->B: message A3 (not received by Bob)

If Alice receives the message of Bob, she can choose to re-broadcast the messages. If she doesn't receive his messages then the cycle begins again.
When you're expecting an important message then we're generally assuming that you'll be awaiting a response.  

Great reads on BitMessage and potential attack vectors:
Traffic correlation attacks: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitmessage/comments/3svc5g/do_confirmation_messages_make_bitmessage/
Forward secrecy: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitmessage/comments/3zzevp/forward_secrecy_for_bitmessage/
More forward secrecy: https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php?topic=2981.0
Security Analysis of BitMessage: https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php?topic=1666.0

Tor and Bitcoin indeed form a bit of a troubled relationship, the key element to make it secure is having lots of people running their node as a hidden service. Most attacks with Tor and Bitcoin involve Tor exit relays. I agree that I2P is a better route to take, and we're closely monitoring the Korvi I2P router by Monero.
I'm assuming the cheap attack you are talking about is the one mentioned here: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1410.6079.pdf

Hehehe I'm a newb when it comes down to NIZKP, if you have some good reads for me, ship them over to me! Smiley

Thank you for popping by, we greatly appreciate it. It takes great effort to run and maintain open source projects, we recognize your spirit and wish you the best.

Regards,
Kewde and the team.

Okay so staking goes like this and its not limited to multisig, it just lets you have more control over staking in general. In this case you put the blocksignature into an output with 6a

Check for a block once per 16 seconds (more often makes no sense) you check your inputs/coins with:
checkkernel [{"hash1":n1},{"hash2":n2},...] which usually returns { "result":false }
or when you are lucky to create new block { "result":true, "kernel":{"hash":"hash", "n":n, "time":time}, "blocktemplate":"hex", "blocktemplatefees":fees, "blocksignkey":"hex" }

Then Halo creates coinstake tx, using info returned by checkkernel, as follows:
create empty tx set time to kernel time add the kernel input if you want add more inputs (this is a bit tricky so don't for now)

Now we need to know reward, so call getstakesubsidy coinstake blocktemplatefees
Continue to build coinstake add output to empty script, 0 coins add output to script "6a + blocksignkey", 0 coins
add outputs to your addr which is staking fees+staked coins+all your inputs
you can even send outputs to voting addresses if you like

Last step you call submitstakeblock blocktemplate, {coinstake} It will add coinstake to block template, recalculate merkle tree, sign block, and announce it to the network

Here is my example on BLK:

I constructed that one with pyblackcointools although i realize your code is in c++  the theory is the same

Cold staking allows you to stake from multisignatue asynchronously signing. So think "staking device" or "staking with two computers". This would make it harder for keyloggers to get your coins because
there is one key on each computer

Bitmessage 2 day resending rule is modified by editing class_singleCleaner.py line 94
(216000 max age of object 60 hours) was being multiplied exponentially which can cause gaps and lose messages now we have a linear system

So that is how you fix that. I agree for acknowledgement, your fix is obviously superior. Very simple and elegant concept. Also consider you can just send a public key with each message. In Halo Bob and Alice exchange Halo public keys and they immediately have fully double encrypted messages. Like PGP. I should remind you that Tor exit nodes are currently controlled by nefarious forces. I've heard these attacks are not trivial and some people think Tors security was never jeopardized. However, I think Bitmessage is harder to attack than you are thinking. This assumes more nodes will start to use Bitmessage and I think they will. Ever since I started on markets, I've seen my connections to the network go up, perhaps from Halo users or just a general renewed interest in it. I remember sending many messages to Aetheros asking him to fix the message header mutation attacks that was crippling the network. Very happy he updated it, I've heard a few others also asked him and it prevented it from being abandonware.

By the way, is your version of Bitmessage in Python? Do you have your own fork/github? My version of Bitmessage is not online. But I only changed message resending and also made the datadir automatically local since I store everything in C:\BlackHalo including the data files of the blockchain and Bitmessage.

Anyways the security is still pretty tricky to compromise, when there is 100s of nodes on the network, messages will be passed from node to node, if all 100 of them are using the channel for markets, it becomes very hard to find out who the originator of a message really even is. Especially because they can send from the channel to the channel. So its like everyone is shouting in an open forum

I was considering using this for broadcasting transactions to the Bitcoin network as well. Instead of broadcasting directly to Bitcoin nodes, send the raw TX to Bitmessage and let them do it. This makes it harder to tell the originating IP address of the Bitcoin transaction broadcast.

You can combine Bitmessage with Tor. And you are right, that paper is the one I was citing.
Although you may be correct in thinking that IP addresses could be triangulated in Bitmessage.

I'm a bigger fan of i2p in any case

And personally I think we will never have anonymity until there is mesh networks. In the meantime a person can always buy their own dish for receiving wifi signals within lets say a 10 mile range. Of course that signal could be triangulated.

Mesh networks, especially 3d printed electronics with mesh networks is a hard core way to go. If only there was a way to encrypt an ip address or change a mac or ip address. People are forced to rely on isps who are now taught to give away all their personal info.

As you guys probably know, Halo is a commercial program, which im trying to get larger masses interested in decentralization. So I'm not honestly as concerned if someone triangulates an IP in my system.
However with that said, I always put all my energy into the security because I'm trying to maintain the principals of decentralization. Of course this is why I designed double deposit escrow, to remove middle men and make lying unprofitable and obviate lawyers and courts (and especially arbiters).

Also you might be thinking to yourself that Python with Bitmessage is slow because POW is slow in Python. Also there is a problem with the equilibrium of using POW when super fast computers can smash your network because the POW must be good enough for regular laptops.

So obviously that wont work.

My solution to this I think you will find is awesome and elegant. You force nodes to lock funds per kilobyte using checklocktimeverify.
So Bob wants to send a message to Alice, his message is 100 KB

Instead of some crazy POW, he is asked by the protocol to lock for example 1 satoshi per byte (of course we can increase this or have it based on some global rate set by a custodial wallet)
So he send the coins checklocktimeverify for lets say 24 hours. The coins first go to 6a or the bitcoineater(burn address)... then you "revive" them like a zombie.
So output is 6a checklocktimeverify 24 hours to (your address)

The network can confirm his coins are indeed locked to himself of the blockchain forgoing POW entirely.

I dont have the time to implement this, but would love to see it done because it fixes an obvious problem with Bitmessage. The only drawback is this might make main-net nodes exclude you but perhaps you can still do it on the main-net giving the option to use both methods and ignore POW when using POL (proof of lock?)

Lastly, I spent a lot of time trying to understand zero proof. It was only this amazing little paper that made me "get it". Its called "How to explain zero knowledge to your children".
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~mkowalcz/628.pdf

Not only does it explain zero, but it explains how to fake interactive zero and how to defend against it. And it explains it with the badass story of Alibaba and the 40 thieves.

To sum it up, that paper illustrates that zero is like having a tunnel that is actually a circle that is disconnected at first unless you know the passphrase. When you exit the tunnel you do so from right or left. But nobody saw you inside the tunnel.

Thus, if they say "we want you to exit out the left side", you do it. If they say "we want you to exit out the right", you do it. And this would be impossible without knowing the passphrase.

So by your ACTIONS you prove you knew a secret.

Applying this in a meaningful way is the part that I'm not sure of yet. If I prove I know my own age without telling you my age, can this be used for addresses as well? How?

The proof requires a public demonstration as the "asker of questions" must be there to randomly test the person with the burden of proof. Is there a way to perhaps generate the questions in a meaningful random way based on things they are unable to predict? (Perhaps their broadcast time they need to do their answers to questions off the hash of that combined with other hashes that they wouldn't have been able to predict making preparing for the questioning scheme pretty damn hard).

Obviously the future isn't predictable so there must be some sort of real time random data set to pull from on or off a blockchain. And perhaps one that can be confirmed in retrograde?

Non-interactive proofs I (think) have to do with setting up the "demonstration" in advance. So everyone runs their test of a really giant database of prescripted questions for the scheme? And correct me if I'm wrong but non-interactive requires a TRUSTED setup since I think there is a layer of obfuscation. So trust has to be placed that the person who set it up will not abuse his knowledge of the questions in advance allowing him to fake knowledge of facts pertaining to the Zero knowledge proofs.

I heard a rumor that you used zknips? But then I heard you had only used ring signatures. Then i heard all kinds of fud. I'm not sure what was true and what wasn't. In any case it would be interesting to know if you guys actually use zero knowledge in your code base? And how did you apply it in a useful way? I really could not understand zerocoins pouring and minting method... and I re-read the paper like 10 times.
I am a huge fan of i2p as well! And the checklocktimeverify idea and PoL Smiley ! The mesh network idea though and your concerns about IP tracking and mac signatures could be addressed in linux (standard procedure to use macchanger in kali for instance) and I think an entire OS with proxies baked-in is the solution (i2p). macchanger could be scripted on boot to rotate through different addresses so unique signatures are avoided. Custom distros for crypto is inevitable if security/anonymity is really a concern imo.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:56:38 PM

I am a huge fan of i2p as well! And the checklocktimeverify idea and PoL Smiley ! The mesh network idea though and your concerns about IP tracking and mac signatures could be addressed in linux (standard procedure to use macchanger in kali for instance) and I think an entire OS with proxies baked-in is the solution (i2p). macchanger could be scripted on boot to rotate through different addresses so unique signatures are avoided. Custom distros for crypto is inevitable if security/anonymity is really a concern imo.

Thanks for the info on Macchanger. I realize there is a lot of Linux based security solutions like Tails for instance.

What I meant by mesh network was a future tech solution, its obviously not anything practical we have access to today. But, its my feeling that the only way to truly change things is decentralize media and thus 3d printed electronics is one of my favorite candidates for it.
You have too much censorship on "google" and on all the internet in general. In fact, google almost anything of importance and the search engine itself will lie to you. First 2 pages is usually nothing but propaganda. Removing IP protocol entirely and also encouraging everyday consumers to do it with an open source 3d printable cell phone or router is the way to go about that. You can't expect consumers to want to switch unless its free and accessible to the extremely lazy and backwards compatible to their previous platform. A 3d printer could do that and minimize their effort of participating.

Plus there is ICANN and other things. It is unrealistic to think consumers will use domain name resolution on a blockchain(like namecoin for example, good idea but people forget blockchains are payment systems before they are notary systems and the coin must function as a payment system FIRST or else it will not succeed). However the consumers might use these alternative systems if they had free cellphones and free internet with a totally different IP protocol as long as they could print it from the comfort of their couch/beds while they watch Jerry Springer.

But thats just my best guess with available techology today. For now its obviously a dream, may never come to fruition. 3d printed electronics are not ready yet. Graphene printers are breaking some ice but still young tech. Plus getting materials is still in its infancy.

Solutions like Bitmessage, Crypto, Halo, etc exist today can be downloaded as proof of concept and immediately be improved.

So yeah I like the idea of making a Linux build that does all this for you.

My major issue with Linux is lack of user friendliness and UI. Being open source, they expect you to do a lot from the terminal. But unfortunately, consumers want user interface. That was the first criticism I had with my software and I'm sure you guys can sympathize here. If you don't hold the users hands with a fully immersive UI they won't care about the tech.

So Linux needs a better UI and honestly with KDE it seems like a big improvement can be made since they use the very fungible QT platform. So its a good start. And improvements can and should be made to make it so brand new users never have to see the console but still have access to automation scripts that pull from repositories and build and download all dependencies. So they still get the open source but don't need to know anything about the computer to get it.

This is why I commend Shadows use of an installer. Good idea. I wonder about Linux users and their variety of UI options if your installer will work in those situations. Not to mention multiple platforms like Mac and Windows.

I find the majority of my job consists of catering to shitty operating systems and fixing bugs that should never have been there in the first place. (like in windows I had to use a runasadmin trick to prevent the program from not booting on some overly security conscious versions of windows that block anything a new program tries to do)

And Mac I just said screw it and used winebottler
erok

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 12:27:08 AM

Thanks for the info on Macchanger. I realize there is a lot of Linux based security solutions like Tails for instance.

What I meant by mesh network was a future tech solution, its obviously not anything practical we have access to today. But, its my feeling that the only way to truly change things is decentralize media and thus 3d printed electronics is one of my favorite candidates for it.
You have too much censorship on "google" and on all the internet in general. In fact, google almost anything of importance and the search engine itself will lie to you. First 2 pages is usually nothing but propaganda. Removing IP protocol entirely and also encouraging everyday consumers to do it with an open source 3d printable cell phone or router is the way to go about that. You can't expect consumers to want to switch unless its free and accessible to the extremely lazy and backwards compatible to their previous platform. A 3d printer could do that and minimize their effort of participating.

Plus there is ICANN and other things. It is unrealistic to think consumers will use domain name resolution on a blockchain(like namecoin for example, good idea but people forget blockchains are payment systems before they are notary systems and the coin must function as a payment system FIRST or else it will not succeed). However the consumers might use these alternative systems if they had free cellphones and free internet with a totally different IP protocol as long as they could print it from the comfort of their couch/beds while they watch Jerry Springer.

But thats just my best guess with available techology today. For now its obviously a dream, may never come to fruition. 3d printed electronics are not ready yet. Graphene printers are breaking some ice but still young tech. Plus getting materials is still in its infancy.

Solutions like Bitmessage, Crypto, Halo, etc exist today can be downloaded as proof of concept and immediately be improved.

So yeah I like the idea of making a Linux build that does all this for you.

My major issue with Linux is lack of user friendliness and UI. Being open source, they expect you to do a lot from the terminal. But unfortunately, consumers want user interface. That was the first criticism I had with my software and I'm sure you guys can sympathize here. If you don't hold the users hands with a fully immersive UI they won't care about the tech.

So Linux needs a better UI and honestly with KDE it seems like a big improvement can be made since they use the very fungible QT platform. So its a good start. And improvements can and should be made to make it so brand new users never have to see the console but still have access to automation scripts that pull from repositories and build and download all dependencies. So they still get the open source but don't need to know anything about the computer to get it.

This is why I commend Shadows use of an installer. Good idea. I wonder about Linux users and their variety of UI options if your installer will work in those situations. Not to mention multiple platforms like Mac and Windows.

I find the majority of my job consists of catering to shitty operating systems and fixing bugs that should never have been there in the first place. (like in windows I had to use a runasadmin trick to prevent the program from not booting on some overly security conscious versions of windows that block anything a new program tries to do)

And Mac I just said screw it and used winebottler
I was admin on a mesh Meraki network. Which is what really showed me the true value of true autonomous decentralization. Screw coin mixing on some server in someone's garage. The solution needs to be ground up sustainable from any one node the same as it would be for the next node while all nodes bear the brute of the network. I fully agree people don't want terminal anything. Which is why a refined linux solution like maybe a mix of tails and mint will be the zeitgeist.  Anon market mixed in to the anon distro straight from the repo. Smiley

Which is why I like what Rokos is doing just Blackcoin is the only coin I like on it currently. Could be the correct direction for all of this though. I really like your PoL idea though and think you should run with it.

About the 3d-printed stuff, IoT devices which can self replicate based off network demand will be ideal but very far off. Replicating OS images with the prementioned builds including rotating mac and proxies built in should create enough of a cloud that true anon could be possible outside of the standard zero knowledge theories. DNS wouldnt even need to be involved outside of standard ISP node communication and that could be tackled through what MAID is developing it sounds like, even though all their demos still rely on standard fqdn resolution.

Fun talk Smiley I like to think about this stuff.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:00:38 AM

MAID just seems like "Its Tor but we charge" ... am i missing something here? Why combine a payment protocol with an anonymous cloud networking system thing?

Bitcoin should be payment protocol only with smart contracts or side chains or notary secondary priority
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 03:03:58 AM

MAID just seems like "Its Tor but we charge" ... am i missing something here? Why combine a payment protocol with an anonymous cloud networking system thing?...

They charge and they pay you for making resources available. No free lunch. And because you get paid for running services we might have a few more non-police running services.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:01:16 AM

MAID just seems like "Its Tor but we charge" ... am i missing something here? Why combine a payment protocol with an anonymous cloud networking system thing?...

They charge and they pay you for making resources available. No free lunch. And because you get paid for running services we might have a few more non-police running services.

Yeah I realize that. However, crypto is a payment/banking system. And things like Maidsafe completely ignore this ideology and use it in ways it wasn't meant to be used.

And there is a free lunch. Tor is free. Energy is free. And money grows on trees... just start a farm, grow some fruits and vegetables. Cheesy

Seriously though, I don't even pay for internet. And I'm hoping more people will discover the air waves are free. Tor is a free service, BitTorrent is a free service.

Its like making a BitTorrent crypto coin... lol. People keep trying to mix banking with things that have nothing to do with banking.

If the system fails as a banking system, it will absolutely fail as both. Maid doesn't sell me on why its a banking system.

The only reason projects like Maid exist is because naive speculators hope the price will go up so they can sell it for more than they paid for. Not fudding MAID, just being honest.
I suppose the only thing they have going for it is people can get paid for allocating resources. So that is sort of interesting. And perhaps it could encourage more nodes. But the internet must be free. Period.
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: