Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:08:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What´s the future of money?  (Read 5460 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:55:22 PM

I will never use BTC for a face to face transaction. I'm barely using my credit card once a week, and I'll stick to cash. Nothing beats it. Maybe in Sweden or the US, credit cards rule, but in Switzerland, Dubai or China, cash is king. I don't want this to change.

The future on money? Unless you don't mind about your privacy, and having all your transactions recorded: cash.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
arcanum

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:09:30 PM

^^What about a "cash" crypto like Monero? 100% anon. Its still more handy than carrying fucking papers.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 01:56:34 AM

Dollar is going to collapse and a totally new currency is going to be created.

I don't know if bitcoin will be of any use by then.

Why not? Bitcoin is superior to the USD in many aspects. And we don't need to wait for the USD to collapse to widely use it.

If the government gets a hold of a new currency/cryptocurrency that is easy to use and obtain then bitcoin would be dust because the government knows how to promote it better and people would start holding more.

I think Bitcoin is just the start of things

Edit: bitcoin won't be dust but it may have some value if people learn to hold then trade/sell

A government crypto currency wouldn't be like a decentralized one. That's a really big problem. Supply could easily be increased as they wish, as with fiat money. Money has to be choosen in the free market, voluntarily, not imposed by anyone.
Fiat money is generally not imposed on the citizens of a country, it is used because many others accept it for payment and because many other people consider it valuable. You can spend dollars in most of the world for these same reasons, the US dollar is not considered an official currency by the government but it is known to be valuable enough so that merchants will accept it. 

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
hosting-guru

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:26:27 AM

We never know exactly what happens in the future. It depends on numerous factors how quickly our society adapts to this new currency. What is sure is that Bitcoin is more customer friendly for online payments than credit cards or wire transfers. Therefore I would not be surprised if Bitcoin became more popular in online world rather quickly. However I still do see some advantages of FIAT compered to Bitcoin as it is at this moment when it comes to offline payments. Let's wait and see what this technology will bring us in the future!
King Agamemnon

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:59:26 AM

^^What about a "cash" crypto like Monero? 100% anon. Its still more handy than carrying fucking papers.

This one is same like bitcoin. Bitcoin is even more safer than every new ways.

DreadIsBack

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:32:55 AM

i think that some new cryptocurrency would replace fiat...but as i think it wouldnt btc
Suzuki

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:52:39 AM

Paper money will disappeear for sure... It's so sad. I would like to make it rain sometimes...

You can do that very cheaply with currencies that hyper inflated, like the Zimbabwean dollar, or the Belarusian ruble Smiley

Guess we will always have Zimbabwean money for that. I don't think they will get rid of paper money in the near future.
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:52:56 AM

Money will be used to buy everything in the near 100 years

Not everyone will use that though

If you are thinking that bitcoin will replace the use of money, then you are wrong bro. Money will be there as long as you and I is alive.

Huh

Bitcoin is money. And a much better kind of money than fiat, and in some aspects even better than precious metals.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:55:54 AM

There's nothing like carrying a thick stack of banknotes in your pocket. Try it!
Then BTC is totally unusable without a computer. Smartphones? I'd rather shoot myself than carry a smartphone which would allow the NSA and the CIA to record my every move and know exactly where I am.

countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:06:21 PM

Make no mistake, I believe BTC's great because it's unrelated to any country, but it won't ever replace cash in daily activities. Then most bank wires are free. BTC is only great to send money where a currency change would be needed or if a bank's wire is expensive, say like sending money to a third world country.

exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:06:57 AM

The USD is the future of money.
altcoinlady

Activity: 93

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:12:11 AM

I couldnt see money's downfall in maybe 100 years.

littlewizard

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:58:48 AM

Future money will be electronic money, just like information goes to the electronic from paper.
Bitcoin has a shot.
mllenios

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

PAMINTA 101

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:08:29 PM

Future money will be electronic money, just like information goes to the electronic from paper.
Bitcoin has a shot.

electronic money? Are you considering bitcoin as e-money?

Peegasus

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:02:11 AM

Bitcoin has a shot.

World will have an e-money but not bitcoin. The government will provide it.

GreatCoinBearer

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:03:14 AM

Will disappear the money as we know it?
http://brokerstars.com/blog/1137/

It wont disappear. That is for sure.
cutepuppy

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:52:37 AM

Bitcoin has a shot.

bitcoin is e-money. This is really the most accurate way to describe it.
rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:51:25 AM

The USD is the future of money.
usd remains a world reference exchange rate but not future money

prefer bitcoin or other e-money

Impros88

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:29:23 AM

please let's forget dreams and go back to hard reality. I don't think bitcoin will ever become so popular in daily usage. People like traditions and we bitcoin users are a very very small part of the total. I think that bitcoin could simply go to serve the purpose cash does today, which is anonymous immediate transfers. I think that cash, paper money, will be soon get obsolete. Everything will happen by integrated and secure payment systems on our devices. Apple pay is paving the way. Others will follow. But in this way all payments are traced. So if you will want to make something illegal you will need something more, which is bitcoin. Maybe.
Peegasus

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:11:31 AM

Bitcoin has a shot.

bitcoin is e-money. This is really the most accurate way to describe it.

Are you saying that bitcoin will never topple usd? ever?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: