Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Explanation to how bitcoin is a ponzi scheme  (Read 3793 times)
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:01:13 PM

I see no evidence that a "dead cat bounce" is possible in bitcoin. You are thinking of a stock, which could die if valuation falls to low. That is no concern at all of mine. Bitcoin does not need to support any price and simply can't die as long as two people are using it. I'm one, anyone else want to be the other?

I don't think fallling or any of his clones deserve any answer whatsoever anymore. Let him post his same graphic over and over until the mods get fed up and show him the door.

see you at $470 or even lower soon after this fake recover!
falllling

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:01:43 PM

I see no evidence that a "dead cat bounce" is possible in bitcoin. You are thinking of a stock, which could die if valuation falls to low. That is no concern at all of mine. Bitcoin does not need to support any price and simply can't die as long as two people are using it. I'm one, anyone else want to be the other?

I don't think fallling or any of his clones deserve any answer whatsoever anymore. Let him post his same graphic over and over until the mods get fed up and show him the door.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=748241.msg8456086#msg8456086
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

You seem to be getting lazy - why all the copy 'n' pasting?
falllling

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

The last few days it sure seems like someone is pumping and dumping, they let it go up about 10-15 bucks and then dump, but they dont let it go down too far, then they rinse and repeat. if you look at the charts, the timing is almost the same and the amounts are pretty similar.. I have to think this is another little pump and dump, the price just got a little higher.

the nice thing ive noticed is that the volume is much better than it has been... so that may make a difference..

Except once on Monday and once on Tuesday, after the pattern was set, he waited until it went up $5 and everyone bought in, then dumped 500 and 1200 coins on us.  I know because he cost me nearly $200.

I am not a conspiracy guy, I swear on my family's life, but much of the drama over the last week looks like one guy/group.  The 7k dump on Bfx, the big hidden walls to get his coins back, etc.  I would like to blame him for the rise today not stalling at 499, but that is more questionable.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

I feel ya. I'm really posting for those who want to understand more. I think we all know fallling is a bear and a half. lol. That's cool with me.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:15:12 PM

I feel ya. I'm really posting for those who want to understand more. I think we all know fallling is a bear and a half. lol. That's cool with me.

I understand, but it's kind of pointless to try to put sense into this guy. He will just go over and over about the very same as if he is some sort of finance guru and isn't up to learn anything. He just hear about dead cat bounce and jump to it without any sense or clue of what he is talking about. I think he believes Bitcoin is some sort of corporation, at least one of his clones came up with "the owners of bitcoin", which can bankrupt and disappear overnight.
I believe most of the seasoned users here have some basic financial knowledge to understand he is saying nothing at all, just picking on any low to vent his ignorance and troll around.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

I believe we call it 'desperation'.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

a ponzi scheme is a criminal scheme, where the fraudster promises high returns and actually pays those high returns with the money of new participants/victims to older participants (repeat, repeat...)

do you see that is going on with bitcoin?

with no fresh money a ponzi scheme COLLAPSES instantly. and it only collapses once, then it is over.

when no one buys bitcoin (=no fresh money) bitcoin price goes sideways, not collapsing.

yes, there were bitcoin price collapses (when people sold), but if you find me an acknowledged ponzi scheme that has ever collapsed more than once i pay you half a bitcoin. do you think 24 hours is enough time to do your research ?

and this bullcrap about "natural ponzi" just means that every asset that can be traded is a "natural ponzi" and if a definition fits every asset, what is the point ? p r o p a g a n d a  by c e n t r a l b a n k e r s.
falllling

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:37:11 PM

a ponzi scheme is a criminal scheme, where the fraudster promises high returns and actually pays those high returns with the money of new participants/victims to older participants (repeat, repeat...)

with no fresh money a ponzi scheme COLLAPSES instantly. and it only collapses once, then it is over.

when no one buys bitcoin (=no fresh money) bitcoin price goes sideways, not collapsing.

yes, there were bitcoin price collapses (when people sold), but if you find me an acknowledged ponzi scheme that has ever collapsed more than once i pay you half a bitcoin. do you think 24 hours is enough time to do your research ?

and this bullcrap about "natural ponzi" just means that every asset that can be traded is a "natural ponzi" and if a definition fits every asset, what is the point ? p r o p a g a n d a  by c e n t r a l b a n k e r s.

when no one buys bitcoin (=no fresh money) bitcoin price crash and failed
ErnieX

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:40:33 PM

As long people sell bitcoin they will buyback lower if possible. If no one sells while no one is buying it then price remains the same.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:44:59 PM

I like how the retard responded to this by copyin and pasting something. Pretty obvious that no one will ever take falling seriously since he's never answered a single question anyone's asked him ever. He's literally like a parrot that only knows three phases.
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:45:27 PM

when no one buys bitcoin (=no fresh money) bitcoin price crash and failed

Hahaaaa, what a moron you are, bitcoin is still to difficult for your pig brain, isn't it? If all the people that are trading this thing, buy back, we are back at 680$, no fresh money required for that.

So NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bitcoin is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Do not cut loose, hodl, if you had listenend to everybody who said that in 2010, you would be rich now, throwing cats of a roof to see if they bounce.

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
lay785

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:58:53 PM

its more like a decentralized western union service. Is western union a ponzi scheme?

they transfer currency across the world but have expensive fees. bitcoin can do the same thing for a fraction of the cost.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:12:39 PM

Should i sell my gold/silver/diamonds too? I´m not sure, could be ponzi too?
Yes
Buy something that has real value, like shares in a profitable business.

You should be more specific and say "shares in a profitable business, which pay a regular and predictable dividend", because non-dividend-paying stocks (which are most stocks) meets your misinformed definition of Ponzi.

And as should be obvious, bitcoin is simply an asset which is likely undervalued. Here's why:
- Bitcoin reduces the friction of electronic transactions.
- Therefore more people will use bitcoin for electronic transactions.
- More capitalization of the bitcoin money supply as a whole is required to meet the eventual fundamental transaction demand.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
aguanyardiners

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:18:23 PM

According to you all investments are Ponzi  Cheesy Cheesy

Bitcoins (BTC): 17SnnHGbGiWLJ5ysKcHE3jJmzLCZHwvPnN
heartbit

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:39:52 PM

Something I realized today:
What makes bitcoin USD any different from a ponzi games that we see in the gambling section?
In those games, you send your coins to someone and he holds it until someone else sends coins and then pays you, in the end no one sends him coins so payouts stop and the last guys who have coins in it don't get a payout.
How is bitcoin USD any different? You bought coin, someone buys them from you waiting for someone else to buy them and keeps going like that until no one buys them, or less people buy them so they end up losing their money.
You get USD for your work. You spend them to buy other people's goods and services. You put them in the bank, which immediately lends out 10x as much USD to others in the form of credit, fuelling asset bubbles and inflation, so your USD becomes worth less and less over time, so you end up losing your money.

Bitcoin is a decentralized ponzi scheme with no central authority. You f*** over each other by selling "bitcoins" to someone else who hopes someone else buys them from him.
USD is a centralized ponzi scheme with a central authority who f**** everyone over by printing more and more USD driving the value of your USD down, who hopes this will magically stimulate a debt-laden economy back to life and the lessons of history won't hold true this time.

You know I'm right.

Disclamer: I am not holding bitcoinsUSD any more.
I am taking my moneyBTC and leaving while I'm up.
Good luck.

FTFY
i dig bitcoins

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:09:25 PM

Bitcoin is a naturally occurring ponzi scheme - World Bank

I have read that paper...so according to the world bank and by proxy yourself all the stocks and securities that are traded are naturally occurring ponzi schemes.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 11:21:15 PM

Bitcoin is not for buying and selling.

It is for earning and spending.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:14:25 AM

If you think ponzi scheme is just early adopters profit on late adopters, then the biggest ponzi must be fiat money: You always need a late adopter to dump your USD in exchange for some goods/services, and the early adopters (banks) pay almost nothing for newly created money. Same goes for pension fund, where you need young people from the next generation to pay for their grandpa's pension

If a ponzi scheme applies to everyone, then it is legitimate

gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:54:06 AM

if btc is a ponzi scheme then so are all the modern financial systems and most fin institutions.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: