Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:34:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of dishonesty and lies from Gawminers.com Hashlet Ponzi Scheme Scam  (Read 13423 times)
gaw_whistleblower (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:42:51 AM

Hi All,

I have been a great supporter of the bitcoin since the its inception and it amazes me how far we have gone. We had a few bumps on the road (cough mtgox cough) but otherwise, it has been a dream come true.

I have been close with GAWminers.com and seen the inside workings and it scares me. I will not post allegations without evidence. The conclusion is for you to decide and my faith in this community rests amongst you to warn other newbies of the risks they are getting into when dealing with this company. Please do not let another BFL come to fruition.

GAWminers.com has launched a new miner called the "Hashlet" and people seem to be buying this up without asking any questions. Here are the claims of the device:

"We’ve produced a miner incapable of negative ROIs because the maintenance fees can reduce over time! Thats right, there will never be a time a Hashlet cost more to run then you make, and they will always make money."

"Hashlets will be the only miners that will be able to mine to the new ZenPool, the Most Profitable Pool in the World [...] that can deliver payouts almost twice as high as the top pools today!"

"Hashlets are upgradeable. How can a digital miner be upgradeable? Simple, because its digital and we built it"

Also, the CEO Josh Garza is known for his unscrupulous past (Just google his name or search on reddit). They were active on bitcointalk.org but it got so bad by complaining customers that they created their own heavily moderated web forum hashtalk. Any negative post on there gets deleted within seconds.

They also created sockpuppet accounts to attack customers and write positive feedback about themselves. They were caught doing this here:

http://share.pho.to/6pc3a/9a/original

But paid off or somehow convinced the original forum member to remove it.

Very good at PR spin and I can not believe they are getting away with this.

Regardless, I am sure most of us that know about cryptomining can see this for what it is. My fear is that they are targeting newbies without disclosing the full truth. Without letting them know the risks they take for buying a ponzi miner. Is this the best way to introduce new people to the world of BTC?

Granted, I think Gawminers.com has a good chance of getting away with this if we do nothing.

So, what can we do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:21:00 PM

Hey can You for GOD sake stop making new accounts new topics and post that crap again ? The only PONZI in this forum/world/universe is YOU. And now You can die big ugly troll.
dustreveal

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:19:01 PM

Guys, be rational.  I am a GAW customer as well.
But I have to admit that now I understand more about GAW's "business model", and they are very very dodgy.
They are selling a "service" with no real miner on the back.  They have a tiny "data center" which is just a small basement.

There is a website collecting information about GAW fraud, and I believe all the questions they raised are valid:

https://flexhash.com/

So GAW is simply gambling with customers money. They are betting on difficulty increasing and LTC price dropping.
Yes, they are still paying out, but I am wondering who manipulated LTC market recently?  With leverage, it doesn't cost a lot of money to make LTC price drop.

If you don't care how GAW use your money, feel free to join them.

But this type of "business" is destroying our crypto currency ecosystem, destroying the whole mining industry and making good profit from miners like us by manipulating the market.

Who want to stay in a world full of scammers?

If you really want to defend GAW, be logical and find hard evidences. It's doesn't mean anything simply claiming you are a customer.  Maybe you are at higher layer of a ponzi scheme, but still, it's a ponzi scheme.  Later customers will be victims.  Do not help those fraudster!

dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:00:42 PM

You all newbies with activity 0 suddenly have so much information to share with us... OP are you going to make new accounts now to pose as a customer?
This is as obvious as it gets.

So new users' words should be ignored? 
That website listed very clear any logical reasons about GAW scams.
As I said previously, if you want to defend GAW, be logical.   Are any of those concerns invalid?

Do not protect those fraudsters. The crypto currency industry needs trust, those con artists like GAW are destroying it!
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:15:06 PM

You all newbies with activity 0 suddenly have so much information to share with us... OP are you going to make new accounts now to pose as a customer?

As I said previously, if you want to defend GAW, be logical.   Are any of those concerns invalid?

Do not protect those fraudsters. The crypto currency industry needs trust, those con artists like GAW are destroying it!

Yes a newbie registering here to bump a thread written by another newbie is very suspicious and should not be taken seriously. Especially if these newbies have no proof.
What website? The one you created? You're putting so much effort into making it look like there's more than 1 person attacking GAW here, but you can't hide your activity and post count.

dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:26:14 PM

Yes a newbie registering here to bump a thread written by another newbie is very suspicious and should not be taken seriously. Especially if these newbies have no proof.
What website? The one you created? You're putting so much effort into making it look like there's more than 1 person attacking GAW here, but you can't hide your activity and post count.

Well, you can talk the talk, but obviously, you either no little about GAW or you are on their side for some reason...
I never wanted to hide anything, instead, I want to let people know more.  Yes, this is a new account, again, so what?  what is your point?  Don't argue with me, answer these:

(In case you are too busy to access https://flexhash.com/ )

So... Is GAW a scam?    You tell me...

A CEO enjoys bluffing:
Spent $8M USD to acquire Zenminer?
But we know Zenminer was an operation of GAW in the first place!
So, that's $8,000,000 from Josh Garza’s left hand to his right hand?

And another $1,100,000 spend on a Domain name?
Can anyone not from GAW confirm this?

Josh must have made a lot of money from his customers by selling miners.
Or, DID HE???      

A "cloud miner" service with no physical miner:

Well, is the title exaggerated? We did some research.

For GAW cloud mining customers, you know what we are talking about.
Have you ever wondered why GAW don't allow us to choose our own worker ID?
How come different pools generate exactly the same return curves?

The logical reason is that those numbers and graphs are all ARTIFICIAL!
There is no real miner behind this operation.

They took our money and told us that we bought miners in the cloud.
Well, maybe it is up in the air.

And we found something interesting...

A "reseller" no longer buy from ASIC manufacturers:

We all knew that GAW started from selling Scrypt Miners not long ago.
With the huge tens of millions per month revenue number Josh publicly claimed,
and now with even more demand for the "cloud mining" service,
GAW must have purchased a lot of hardware miners from scrypt ASIC manufactures,
RIGHT?

We used our connections and talked to all four scrypt ASIC manufactures:
Innosilicon (A2), Gridseed, Zeus & SilverFish.

We found out that GAW has not purchased miners from any of them for some time.
You don't have to believe me, ask those ASIC manufactures.

Other concerns:

Never, never, never use a website that ask for your personal details
and financial information without SSL (https://)

We cannot believe that a "big" company "spent over 1 million USD on a domain name"
doesn't know how to protect their customers at all.
SSL is the most essential thing.
Maybe GAW doesn't care if their customers' ID were stolen.

Dear GAW CEO, Could you please answer the following questions?

Where is the 500MH VaultBreaker now?
Why GAW can not deliver it in real?
Why Hashlet does not have any real specification?
Why the return graph does not make any sense?
How did you support your huge customer base with a tiny mining farm?
What are trying to hide from us?

Magicians from GAW are trying to move our attention away from the truth.

There is no comments yet. I share the same concerns.
https://flexhash.com/category/discussion/
dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:33:14 PM

No wonder you are protecting GAW, you are one of them!
http://s27.postimg.org/ij4k47fof/Capture.jpg
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:36:53 PM

So... Is GAW a scam?    You tell me...

Sure I'll tell you. GAW is not a scam.

You think that quoting your own posts from your own website will make people come there and raise your traffic?
Or maybe you think quoting your own post makes it seem more legit?

Keep dreaming.

No wonder you are protecting GAW, you are one of them!

Hahah yeah I'm one of GAW because I have their signature Cheesy You obviously are new to this forum, so I'll spare you the research and tell you right away that GAW signature campaign has close to 80 members, so there are 80 people posting here with a link to their site not only me. Try harder!

dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:43:57 PM

Hahah yeah I'm one of GAW because I have their signature Cheesy You obviously are new to this forum, so I'll spare you the research and tell you right away that GAW signature campaign has close to 80 members, so there are 80 people posting here with a link to their site not only me. Try harder!

Of course I knew that GAW paid to get you guys put their link in your signature. You are helping those scammers! 

Don't try to avoid the real questions, answers them!  Those questions are clear and straightforward?   

If you don't know anything about GAW scam and still you decided to help them, then you are making yourself a fool.
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:51:15 PM

As I said previously, if you want to defend GAW, be logical.   Are any of those concerns invalid?

you hypocrite! GAW made fucking new accounts just to make them selves look good in threads.. bitch

What a great show of propriety and class. And that grammar... I think I saw a guy with similar style in here. Next time take a deep breath before you write something, less chance you'll humiliate yourself again.

dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:58:06 PM

What a great show of propriety and class. And that grammar... I think I saw a guy with similar style in here. Next time take a deep breath before you write something, less chance you'll humiliate yourself again.

Oh, so now you are attacking other people's "propriety and class"?  How ignorant.   You have nothing to defend GAW, so you decided to attack other people's grammar?  That's just great!

Again, Answer those real questions!  stop these meaningless arguments.
EvilPanda

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

Oh, so now you are attacking other people's "propriety and class"?  How ignorant.

Haha the guy just called me a bitch but I'm the one attacking him. You're drowning in your own pile of crap Mr. Troll.
I'm sure both of these accounts belong to you. You must be bored.

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Oh, so now you are attacking other people's "propriety and class"?  How ignorant.   You have nothing to defend GAW, so you decided to attack other people's grammar?  That's just great!

Why so mad bro? Are you a customer or just the Internet police?
dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:18:28 PM

I do not want the whole crypto currency eco system to be ruined by scammers like GAW.  Do you Huh
alienesb

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:20:33 PM

I do not want the whole crypto currency eco system to be ruined by scammers like GAW.  Do you Huh

OK, just Internet police troll. Thanks for protecting us from the bad man.

Also, FlexHash | The real hash power leasing platform

Sounds like a competitor talking trash to me. That's from Google but I guess I should screencap for "evidence"
dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:45:15 PM

I do not want the whole crypto currency eco system to be ruined by scammers like GAW.  Do you Huh

OK, just Internet police troll. Thanks for protecting us from the bad man.

Also, FlexHash | The real hash power leasing platform

Sounds like a competitor talking trash to me. That's from Google but I guess I should screencap for "evidence"

Maybe they are competitors. We don't even know what kind of products or services they are going to offer.

However, what I do care about is that flexhash did list very valid points against GAW. 
GAW cannot address any of thoes allegations
Or maybe you should contact those ASIC manufacturer to see if flexhash is lying.
alienesb

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:47:42 PM

Dude, stop the charade YOU are flexhash because nobody else heard about them before you. I like the skin on the site though although the content sucks. Good luck selling something when you're value prop seems to be "the other guy sucks, buy from us."
dustreveal

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:01:03 PM

Dude, stop the charade YOU are flexhash because nobody else heard about them before you. I like the skin on the site though although the content sucks. Good luck selling something when you're value prop seems to be "the other guy sucks, buy from us."

I do not care if they are competitors. Maybe flexhash is another GAW scam, we don't know and I do not care.

what I do care about is that flexhash did list very valid points against GAW. 
And GAW cannot address any of thoes allegations.  Do you understand my English?
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

Not another 'GAW is a selective scam' thread?
This place is full of them.
It would be fuller still, but they often get deleted. So strange.

BUYER BEWARE <=> Gawminers <=> ZenCloud <=> Hashlet <=> ZenMiners <=> ZenPool
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=742738.0
   NEW Hashlet miner from Gawminers HUGE REVOLUTION
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741976.0
        GAW Miner possible scam-y alert (developing)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626933.0

Anyone would think there must be something to it.

railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:09:08 PM

Wait, no, steady on, they pay off the complainers, not the admins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720844.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741838.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741062.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=710091.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671920.0
Threads with selective scamming accusations.

List is not complete.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: