Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] CoinDL - Buy with Bitcoin: Now only 1% fee on Coupon & Gift Codes  (Read 21532 times)
weex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 11:47:28 PM

Yes, I'll add that category shortly. For now, you may upload it as music and I'll move it over when the category is ready.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:23:29 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2012, 07:46:16 PM by weex

CoinDL now enables artists and authors to let their patrons "Pay What You Want". It's pretty simple and as fast as ever. This is a great first experience if you are trying to introduce a new user to Bitcoin.

Notable items that are now "Pay What You Want":

Alco's self-titled second album
How To Vanish: Basic Privacy Guide by Trace Mayer, J.D.
Keys of Life by Justin B Porter
and a bunch of other items!

Sellers note that this is particularly good if you have a strong fanbase or if your item is a download (i.e. everything on CoinDL) and it's never been a better time to sell your wares for Bitcoin.

If you'd like to switch your item to "Pay What You Want", PM me or send an email to info@coindl.com or look for the Pay What You Want option when creating your item.

Finally, how would you as a buyer or seller feel about seeing total earned or average price paid when buying?

Edit: So sorry Mr. Porter. Fixed your album title!
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:31:07 PM

That's Keys of Life, mister!

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 09:52:32 PM

Hi weex -

I am trying to upload a music album to CoinDL. Using your suggested method of a tar.gz of the .wavs & a .png, I end up with a file size of 687MiB. This is larger than your upload limit. I tried uploading it anyhow, but the upload was cut off.

I would like to suggest that the upload limit be increased to the max size of a Red Book audio CD.

If it makes any difference, I think gzip is likely a poor choice for .wavs - or for a .tar of .wavs. The compression ratio was only on the order of 10% or so. I am using gzip 1.3.12 on OS X.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 09:20:23 PM

Hi jbreher,

We are unable to increase the upload limit at this time which is lame I know but if you can provide a link (i.e. upload it somewhere else) we'll happily take it from there.

Clearly increasing the upload limit is going to the ultimate solution but we'll change our suggestion when we've found something better for lossless audio compression. Or feel free to suggest one...thing is, it needs to be easy for most people to get their hands on so not to exotic. Again..the upload limit....

Thanks,

weex
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:51:24 PM

Any chance of using HTML5 audio instead of Flash?   (If the browser supports HTML5, of course, but most do now.)

That way those from an iPad can preview.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 10:43:42 PM

We are unable to increase the upload limit at this time which is lame I know but if you can provide a link (i.e. upload it somewhere else) we'll happily take it from there.

Thanks, weex. I'll see if I can set up an ftp server.

Alternatively, if you are going to compress them into 320K mp3 anyhow, I could do that myself. That would come in well under your limit. Do you distribute everything in 320K MP3, or does the customer have an option?

Clearly increasing the upload limit is going to the ultimate solution but we'll change our suggestion when we've found something better for lossless audio compression. Or feel free to suggest one...thing is, it needs to be easy for most people to get their hands on so not to exotic. Again..the upload limit....

FLAC is a great lossless audio compression format. However, it befuddles the masses. Probably need to offer MP3 if you need to offer only one. In order of priority (based upon my SWAG at market success), I'd suggest .mp3, .wav, aac, .wma, .flac.

Are you familiar with Bandcap? They take .wav as input, and output several resolutions of of .mp3, .flac, .wav, etc - all at the purchaser's discretion.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 11:29:32 PM

Re: HTML5, we'll be working on that and got a great suggestion for a lib that helps it work well.

Thanks, weex. I'll see if I can set up an ftp server.

Alternatively, if you are going to compress them into 320K mp3 anyhow, I could do that myself. That would come in well under your limit. Do you distribute everything in 320K MP3, or does the customer have an option?

FLAC is a great lossless audio compression format. However, it befuddles the masses. Probably need to offer MP3 if you need to offer only one. In order of priority (based upon my SWAG at market success), I'd suggest .mp3, .wav, aac, .wma, .flac.

Are you familiar with Bandcap? They take .wav as input, and output several resolutions of of .mp3, .flac, .wav, etc - all at the purchaser's discretion.

320kbps MP3 is fine if it's easier. I am familiar with Bandcamp and wanted to setup the same sort of multi-format pipeline. So far, we have a script that automates some of it (generating previews) but there are lot of details to get right so it's not clear when that will be done.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 09:13:46 AM

To anyone who attempted to pay for a "Pay What You Want" item with less than 0.000001 BTC, please try again or contact me with the Bitcoin transaction id, the item, and your email to receive the item. There was a bug that wasn't registering payments under that amount that has now been fixed.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 10:28:06 AM

Is it possible that you would provide market data on total BTC transacted per day?

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 09:46:00 PM

320kbps MP3 is fine if it's easier. I am familiar with Bandcamp and wanted to setup the same sort of multi-format pipeline. So far, we have a script that automates some of it (generating previews) but there are lot of details to get right so it's not clear when that will be done.

I was able to upload an archive of 320K mp3's, plus a png of the album cover. The mp3s have info in the ID3 tags:
Code:
TheLeeThomasBand-Fo...OfBadRoad.tar0.2GBFailed
    TheLeeThomasBand-Fo...OfBadRoad.tgz0.2GBUploaded: Now pending approval

As can be seen, the first upload failed - the system did not recognize .tar as a valid file type. Recreating the archive as a .tgz resulted in success.

Please let me know if anything looks amiss.

Thanks!

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 10:17:44 PM

Further questions arise in setting up the offering. I couldn't find answers for the following:

1) What is the Preview File?

2) Do we not 'Manage Sub-Items' until the album .tgz archive has been unzipped on your end?

weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 12:41:26 AM

Further questions arise in setting up the offering. I couldn't find answers for the following:

1) What is the Preview File?

2) Do we not 'Manage Sub-Items' until the album .tgz archive has been unzipped on your end?

1) The preview file will be the audio file that plays when the album is being viewed as part of a list of albums.

2) That's true. The file has been processed and your item is active. You can now manage sub-items, upload individual previews, set individual prices etc.
lordcirth

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:39:45 PM

Hi jbreher,

Thanks,
weex

Have you tried .wav with .7z compression? 7z can go to very high ratios, at a mild cost of CPU time. I just tried it on a .wav sound effect I had lying around, I got 33% compression. Longer files generally get better compression.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 02:55:41 AM

[Announce] "Pay What You Want" at CoinDL - downloads marketplace, Bitcoin-only
… but how? Is it implicit by not defining a price?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:12:24 AM

[Announce] "Pay What You Want" at CoinDL - downloads marketplace, Bitcoin-only
… but how? Is it implicit by not defining a price?
No, email info@coindl.com to request your item be sold that way. We'll get you a check box on the item's edit page soon.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 03:36:13 AM

Is it possible that you would provide market data on total BTC transacted per day?

I think this is a really bad idea.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:45:35 AM

Why?

weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:15:47 AM

I agree and have no plans to provide such data.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:25:38 AM

I agree and have no plans to provide such data.

Why?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: