Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] CoinDL - Buy with Bitcoin: Now only 1% fee on Coupon & Gift Codes  (Read 21532 times)
weex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 04:43:40 AM

Update:

We have added a New Releases page which at this early state is a pretty decent way to navigate the store.

https://www.coindl.com/page/new_releases

We have also made artists/author names link to their individual pages...for example:

https://www.coindl.com/page/author/25

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 02:02:55 AM

Getting artists, authors and publishers on the site is the #1 priority. I'm reaching out every way I know how to get folks interested in selling on the site.

[...]

An update: Since launch, we now have the album by Justin Porter that is leading in sales

This should be bursting with new uploads from amateur and other artists!

I don't know how many sales a Justin Porter normally sees but without having a widely recognized name he's benefiting greatly from being among the first to have content listed on the site.  As you mentioned, you had over 500 visits on the launch day.  Nearly every one at least saw the name Justin Porter since the selection is sparse and his shows up multiple times.  That's free advertising for these musicians.

How about taking pledges for certain artists or music genres even.  For instance, let's say I'm looking for dubstep.  I might pledge .2 BTC towards the first dubstep song to be listed on the site.  Or for specific artists -- if some pledges were made that proven revenue might help be what persuades the artist to sign up and upload.

I suppose for those who have signed up with a recording label though the choice to sell through CoinDL isn't up to the artist.   But simply having pledges might help the artist make a plea to the label to list on CoinDL.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 04:09:01 AM

If I have a few files for the same audio recording (e.g., MP3 (128 bit), OGG and MP3 (64 bit)), would I need to make separate items or is there a way to upload all three for a single item?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 05:23:35 AM

Having trouble uploading the mp3 for an audiobook:
"Error uploading file. Please try again or contact info@coindl.com"

Any suggestions?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 06:55:46 AM

If I have a few files for the same audio recording (e.g., MP3 (128 bit), OGG and MP3 (64 bit)), would I need to make separate items or is there a way to upload all three for a single item?
Could always throw them together in a zip file.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:41:44 PM

Could always throw them together in a zip file.
Yeah, but it might be interesting (especially for movies) if you could offer a cheaper "mobile phone" quality version as well as an 720p/1080p version of the same video at the same place, maybe even with a free trailer.

Something like:

"My awesome movie:

Trailer (1080p): free! (maybe link/embed youtube)
Trailer (720p): free! (maybe link/embed youtube)

Full movie (1080p): 2 BTC
Full movie (720p): 1.8 BTC
Full movie (480p): 1.5 BTC
Full movie (160p): 1 BTC

Get all versions in a bundle for only 2.2 BTC!"

It might even be possible for the marketplace itself to offer different qualities/codecs for download: If you get a high quality FLAC file, you could offer OGG and MP3s as well as the FLACs in different popular bitrates for customer convenience.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 12:18:20 AM

Any suggestions?
Stephen, you can email info@coindl.com a link to the file or let me know which browser/OS you're using and I'll try to replicate the problem.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 12:23:19 AM

Currently, you'd need to make separate items but having linked items (albums with songs, different quality versions of a download) is an important feature that will be implemented soon. For now, upload the highest quality MP3 and I'll post here when that feature is availalble.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 04:38:18 AM

Any suggestions?
A problem was found in the upload process and has been fixed. If anyone else has had trouble uploading, it should work now.
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 10:21:34 AM

A minor feature request: a display of the time left until the song preview finishes.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 03:57:42 PM

A minor feature request: a display of the time left until the song preview finishes.
Noted. The plan is to get a better player widget soon so I'll make sure it has that feature.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 04:11:22 PM

Weex, I contact you via email. Was wondering if you're going to reply to my solicitation about possible project?

weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 04:15:49 PM

Weex, I contact you via email. Was wondering if you're going to reply to my solicitation about possible project?
Yes, just replied.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 05:37:56 PM

Update:

We have added a New Releases page which at this early state is a pretty decent way to navigate the store.

In viewing the new releases, it is not obvious what type of media each item is.  Is the entry a music download or a photo, a video or a ringtone?

Also, if I could add a filter by to see only new releases for a specific type of media (e.g., music items only) that would be useful.

One other feature might be to see all items offered by a specific seller.   Since the artist isn't necessarily the seller, there's no method to know all the items offered by a specific seller.   I suppose this wouldn't show the sellers username with the site since a seller's identity is kept private but some fabricated unique identifier would allow all the seller's items to be linked.

A problem was found in the upload process and has been fixed. If anyone else has had trouble uploading, it should work now.

Yup, that resolved the problem I had.

After listing my item I then got an email within 24 hours saying that the File upload was approved.

Does every upload appear in New Releases then?  If so, how long before a newly listed item appears?

Looking at my catalog it appears the price it shows isn't updating after I make changes.  There are two columns, price in BTC and price in USD, but if I change the method (from BTC to USD for instance) the value under the BTC column remains but the value under the USD gets updated.   But viewing the item's for-sale listing, the price is still showing the price originally entered for BTCs.  I'm assuming the for-sale listing will only list BTCs but if I specified a price in USDs that the price in BTCs shown should be computed based on the BTC/USD exchange rate and the appropriate price in BTCs displayed.

Or am I missing how this works perhaps?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 05:56:19 PM

After listing my item I then got an email within 24 hours saying that the File upload was approved.

Does every upload appear in New Releases then?  If so, how long before a newly listed item appears?

Looking at my catalog it appears the price it shows isn't updating after I make changes.  There are two columns, price in BTC and price in USD, but if I change the method (from BTC to USD for instance) the value under the BTC column remains but the value under the USD gets updated.   But viewing the item's for-sale listing, the price is still showing the price originally entered for BTCs.  I'm assuming the for-sale listing will only list BTCs but if I specified a price in USDs that the price in BTCs shown should be computed based on the BTC/USD exchange rate and the appropriate price in BTCs displayed.

Or am I missing how this works perhaps?

Every upload should appear in new releases once it's approved. Let me know if something doesn't. Note that the preview and main files are approved seperately and each triggers an email.

The price update occurs on an hourly basis for items priced using 'Based on USD'. When I approve an item, it triggers a global price update but later changes to pricing do not.

If you set a price in BTC, it should update immediately (just updated this feature 20 minutes ago).

Currently it does not do on-the-fly conversion from USD to BTC, it is instead done in an hourly batch process. I can see now that having on-the-fly conversion will give a more solid experience for the seller. Should be possible to do in the next day or two.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 06:05:32 PM

Every upload should appear in new releases once it's approved. Let me know if something doesn't. N

I see, my mp3 didn't have an image so it doesn't render well in the New Releases and I overlooked it.

Could there be a way to optionally upload a thumbnail image rather than forcing it to be in the mp3?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 06:12:11 PM

Could there be a way to optionally upload a thumbnail image rather than forcing it to be in the mp3?

There's definitely a way and will be included when albums (with songs as sub-items) are introduced.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 03:44:14 AM

No need to apologize Phinnaeus Gage, I did get a bit strong with the rhetoric on the initial post. Be thankful I didn't resort to poetry or a filk.

What I hope comes through is that I'm working hard to make sure the site and Bitcoin reach their full potential. I'm sure you don't need help with Bitcoin but if you'd like to try out coinDL, pm me an address and I'll fund a small test.

Son of a bitch!

Full disclosure, everybody. The following is a PM I sent to weex about an hour ago:

The subject of the PM was entitled: I'm not an asshole!

Now that I've got your attention...

The other day, I posted a comment on one of your threads. I'm pretty sure you know which one I speak of. Since penning that post, I've truly felt bad about it, though I stand by what I written at the time. As mentioned in that post of mine, I've yet to explore the rest of that thread, let alone any comments made in regards to my post. After I send this PM to you, I am going to take the time to revisit said thread and read it every post from beginning to end.

My reason for doing such:

In the course of reading other threads, I keep seeing and reading your posts. I can't help but admire your sentiments. With that, I need to read what I've been missing, if anything. Chances are, you'll be getting an apology from me.

I truly am not an asshole, and that statement has nothing to do with anything you have written toward my direction for, as I've previously stated, I've yet to read anything about me from you.

Sincerely,

Bruno

I have now read this entire thread, and am here to formally apologize to weex.

I truly am sorry for my post, weex, for I now see where and how I erred. I will not make that same mistake every again. Please accept my apology.

I am so taken back by your response to my post. That was so professionally thought out and written. As far as you addressing everybody else's posts, I have to admit you're a class act. I wish you well in everything you do, especially with it comes to Bitcoin. Feel free to drop me a line if there is anything I can do for you.

Sincerely,

~Bruno~
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 05:17:59 PM

Apology accepted Phinneus,...

coinDL got a nice mention today building off the bitcoinmagazine post by vbuterin!

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2012/04/coindl-launches-itunes-of-the-bitcoin-world-employing-new-digital-currency.html
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 01:26:43 AM

Apology accepted Phinneus,...

coinDL got a nice mention today building off the bitcoinmagazine post by vbuterin!

http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2012/04/coindl-launches-itunes-of-the-bitcoin-world-employing-new-digital-currency.html

I just read it, and it's a very fine article.

Right now, if you've got a solid web presence and some music that people will actually like as opposed to tolerate cause they're your friends, you can probably leverage a presence on Bitcoin for some quick publicity. The nice thing about moving now is that any coming collapse of Bitcoin is probably far enough off in the future that you could reap some promo benefits and quickly exchange your Bitcoin for some other imaginary form of currency with the added benefit of government backing.

(bold mine)

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: