Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: winner has been decided see other thread for results  (Read 32450 times)
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:35:02 PM

I am just curious how you plan to transfer ownership of the tickets?

By sending an email from the email account used for the ticket purchase (the 'identifier') to both Cablepair and the buyer requesting to change the entry. I don't mind having this email also include my Bit-Pay receipt for confirmation.

Even if that doesn't work, there's still a record of it and the new owner can make a claim based on that if anything goes wrong. Not just that, if the new owner doesn't find the SHA of his email address in the final list (we know the method of drawing a winner), then he/she can still search for the SHA of the email address I provided to both the new owner and Cablepair. I can also announce that right in this thread (of course I'd just use forum handles in the thread).

Does that satisfy your curiosity Burt?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 07:10:14 PM

Yep, sounds like it may work.  Will be interesting to see how many others do the same thing.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 07:13:23 PM

This is starting to look like the shakaru fiasco.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 07:16:49 PM

This is starting to look like the shakaru fiasco.
That is an unfair comparison.  This has not happened yet.  Shak will never happen, ever.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
terrytibbs

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 07:23:49 PM

That is an unfair comparison.  This has not happened yet.
I was more referring to the fact that people are now selling whatever stake they had in the raffle, because it doesn't seem like it's going to go down any time soon, and that cablepair may be using the funds to generate additional profits by investing it in other ventures.

Shak will never happen, ever.
You don't know that.
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 08:10:27 PM

I am just curious how you plan to transfer ownership of the tickets?

By sending an email from the email account used for the ticket purchase (the 'identifier') to both Cablepair and the buyer requesting to change the entry. I don't mind having this email also include my Bit-Pay receipt for confirmation.

Even if that doesn't work, there's still a record of it and the new owner can make a claim based on that if anything goes wrong. Not just that, if the new owner doesn't find the SHA of his email address in the final list (we know the method of drawing a winner), then he/she can still search for the SHA of the email address I provided to both the new owner and Cablepair. I can also announce that right in this thread (of course I'd just use forum handles in the thread).

OK, I put my tickets up for auction of Bitmit.net:
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2416-raffle-tickets-lot-of-3-for-saphire-radeon-hd-7970/description

Yet another channel of advertising CablePair's raffle.  Smiley

cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 02:16:57 AM

8 tickets sold today.

terrytibbs has had it out for me for months. Its not the raffle its me.

If someone more popular was doing this raffle with the same results he would be defending them not putting them down.

Terry I'm calling you out on this one because people defend you all the time for being a straight up guy and this is complete FUD you are spreading

I set the terms of the raffle on day 1 and have not changed them, I will hold up my end of the bargain and shame on you for trying to associate this with some kind of scam.

terrytibbs

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 12:39:32 PM

If someone more popular was doing this raffle with the same results he would be defending them not putting them down.
Granted, I would kill for gigavps' mining farm, but I have no problems with his raffles because they are structured in a nice, legitimate, and easy way. There are no lower or upper limits in terms of ticket count, and the raffle ends on the date set, regardless of how many were sold.

I can even appreciate the risk gigavps is taking, because there is no guarantee that he will sell enough tickets to cover the service or product being raffled away.

The problem with your raffle is that you obviously don't care to either refund people, or buy the remaining tickets. In fact, it's such a failure that people are selling their part of the deal (thus the shakaru reference).

Edit: You say you don't want to refund people because that would be a violation of the rules set forth in the original post; to whose disadvantage would refunds be?
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:24:08 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2012, 03:15:40 PM by wogaut

Its not the raffle its me.

I don't think it's you.

For me as well as some others I noticed it's the lack of an end date on this raffle that causes discomfort.
And this effect is compounding the longer this is going on without an end in sight.

Just add an end date and pick the winner by the method Giga used (as I mentioned before it works with non-sequential ticket numbers too).
That might actually make people buy some more tickets (as they calculate their chances of winning by the number of tickets sold).

dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:39:21 AM

by the time this raffle is over.. that 7970 will be a collectors item!

poop!
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:53:55 PM

Dirtycat, did you get your ticket refund?

dirtycat

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:33:05 PM

Dirtycat, did you get your ticket refund?

nope I was DENIED! lol

poop!
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:45:05 PM

One month down, 25% sold, so at least 3 more exciting months to come!

I will not change the terms of the raffle,  it would be dishonest.

I think it would be dishonest to sit on people's funds and the prize forever.

JUST SET A PROSPECTIVE END DATE, CABLEPAIR!

terrytibbs

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:50:17 PM

In addition, this now lacks momentum, and the probable waiting time is going to scare new customers off. It's an evil cycle.
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:51:08 PM

yeah I'm starting to get cold feet, too, maybe set a date for like June 1 or something.  SOme people might just be watching until it's almost done before they enter, so that they know it's not a dead raffle
wogaut
Donator

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 08:53:27 PM

In addition, this now lacks momentum, and the probable waiting time is going to scare new customers off. It's an evil cycle.

Absolutely right, one more reason to define an end date just in case.

I even speculate that once there's an end date and we're approaching that date with only a low number of tickets sold, some people may recognize the great odds to win and buy extra tickets.

Cablepair, any thoughts?

check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 12:44:24 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2012, 01:07:48 AM by check_status

I think you should get rid of the i-frame display of tickets. It's an eyesore and all of those buy buttons create information overload.

I suggest a new display called "Drive for Charity":

• At the top, a dashboard and the center guage is the percentage of tickets sold
  • The Wheel of Wiz - a flashy, spinny, wheel of fortune like remaining ticket randomizer
  • 300 buttons that when clicked can be tallied allowing multi-purchase (buttons require less space)
  • When hovering over a button it slides out of the way of the clicker, teasing (20% of the time)

Chester the Suggester; Questions 3

• How many tickets do you want to buy?
  • What are your 2 favorite numbers?
  • Pick a direction: North, South, East, West

Purchasing must be fast fast fast, don't give them time to think. If it takes longer than 15 seconds to buy a ticket peoples impulse euphoria has waned and you lose a sale.

Just some fun thoughts.

Cheers

Edit: vbulletin is so much nicer. Tongue

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
randomproof

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 01:55:29 AM

I've watched the site for a while now and I for one have not even thought about buying a ticket until there were a lot more tickets sold.  I could do quite a bit with 1 BTC in the time it will likely that for all the tickets to sell.  I say set a date and the tickets will sell quickly, if they don't refund everyone on that date.

Donations to me:   19599Y3PTRF1mNdzVjQzePr67ttMiBG5LS
dirtycat

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 07:14:26 AM

poor 7970.. just sitting in a box.. wasting away.. all lonely.. collecting dust.

poop!
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 08:19:46 AM

Perhaps add a second prize like a small mining contract(maybe 1 to 5 GH/s for a day or two) or cheap video card like the 5770.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: