Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: winner has been decided see other thread for results  (Read 32450 times)
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 03:22:02 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2012, 07:10:41 PM by wogaut

I've watched the site for a while now and I for one have not even thought about buying a ticket until there were a lot more tickets sold.  I could do quite a bit with 1 BTC in the time it will likely that for all the tickets to sell.  I say set a date and the tickets will sell quickly, if they don't refund everyone on that date.

Thanks for chiming in randomproof.

Yes, that is a common trend in such raffles: There's a sales momentum at the beginning, and another one towards the end. By not setting an end date Cablepair set himself up to loose that wave towards the end. I PM'd him about that, and he just answered. I'll keep watching where this is going...

Note: I edited my original message here as Cablepair did respond to my last PM now and I'm eagerly awaiting where this is going  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 09:14:58 PM

This is what I am willing to do. I am reluctant to change the terms of the raffle but on the other hand I am really busy with another project right now which is why I am not on the forum much lately so I will set a deadline.

I will give this a maximum of six more weeks.

If all the tickets do not sell by June 18th - I will use the first block solved after 12:01AM on June 19th to Pick a Winner from tickets 1-300, if it picks a ticket number that is not sold we will go to the second solved block after 12:01 on June 19th and continue on in that fashion until the raffle ticket number picker picks a number of a ticket that has been sold, as soon as a winner is picked I will ship the prize to the winner that same day.

If the Tickets sell out before June 18th we will pick the winner as described in the beginning

and Either way no matter how many tickets I sell I will still donate 60 BTC to the Forum.

I am sorry this was not as much of a success as I thought it would of been, I will continue to advertise the best I can and I welcome you to do the same and send me any suggestions you might have on how we can sell more tickets.

Thanks for participating, and thanks to those who have showed patience and composure.

tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:18:21 AM

Good move cablepair. Much appreciated.  I have to mention that I felt the urge to buy more tickets reading that Smiley.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:29:14 AM

This is what I am willing to do. I am reluctant to change the terms of the raffle but on the other hand I am really busy with another project right now which is why I am not on the forum much lately so I will set a deadline.

If all the tickets do not sell by June 18th - I will use the first block solved after 12:01AM on June 19th to Pick a Winner from tickets 1-300, if it picks a ticket number that is not sold we will go to the second solved block after 12:01 on June 19th and continue on in that fashion until the raffle ticket number picker picks a number of a ticket that has been sold, as soon as a winner is picked I will ship the prize to the winner that same day.

If the Tickets sell out before June 18th we will pick the winner as described in the beginning

and Either way no matter how many tickets I sell I will still donate 60 BTC to the Forum.

I am sorry this was not as much of a success as I thought it would of been, I will continue to advertise the best I can and I welcome you to do the same and send me any suggestions you might have on how we can sell more tickets.

Thanks for participating, and thanks to those who have showed patience and composure.

You should review this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78304.0

ask for some tips from gigavps.. his raffles have been very very successful.. thats how you run a raffle

poop!
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 12:04:48 PM

mmm dead line and perhaps not many competitors for the prize, all of a sudden this is interesting.

I will add the raffle to my list and give it a bump Wink

tarrant_01

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 04:26:33 PM

77 tickets sold. Does that sound right?

Have there been any new sales since end date has been set?

dirtycat

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:40:32 PM

77 tickets sold. Does that sound right?

Have there been any new sales since end date has been set?

ya they are rollin in! clear your cache you will see! lol

poop!
tarrant_01

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:17:59 PM

78!

ryannathans

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 03:44:51 AM

What time zone?
dirtycat

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:03:16 AM

What time zone?

As you can tell the OP is completely involved with this raffle! thats why its so successful!

poop!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 01:35:22 AM

Did I win?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
ryannathans

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:37:27 PM

Did I win?
June is next month?
tarrant_01

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:23:36 PM

78!

80!

jjames888

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:28:33 PM

...2/80 means I have a 2.5% chance of winning
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 12:09:28 AM

Which is much better than almost any raffle in the real world.

And no I have not been involved in this rattle, and why would I be? Its a loss for me, an experiment that did not go right,

But why should you complain? The less tickets sold means better odds for you, and June 18th is not that far away...

It sucks the raffle did not do as well as I thought it would but oh well you cant win 'em all, This is a loss for me but its all good - this was mostly for fun as I have much bigger business to deal with these days.

dirtycat

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:42:38 PM

And no I have not been involved in this rattle, and why would I be? Its a loss for me, an experiment that did not go right,

But why should you complain? The less tickets sold means better odds for you, and June 18th is not that far away...

It sucks the raffle did not do as well as I thought it would but oh well you cant win 'em all, This is a loss for me but its all good - this was mostly for fun as I have much bigger business to deal with these days.

giving up so easily?  I hope not cause current and future clients might see this thread and be wary of getting involved with any of your "experiments".. you never know this raffle could be a raging success in the last few days hang in there!

poop!
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 04:10:22 PM

giving up so easily?  I hope not cause current and future clients might see this thread and be wary of getting involved with any of your "experiments".. you never know this raffle could be a raging success in the last few days hang in there!

lol thanks for your optimism but I dont need this thread or this raffle for people to have confidence in me or my ventures

I have too many other things going on that are way more successful

*cough*cough*

Like the worlds #1 Bitcoin Web Hosting company, the worlds first and #1 Bitcoin Social Network, oh yeah and an incredibly lucrative FPGA manufacturing business

I think I'm good Smiley

The worst thing that happened to this raffle was when lame ass bitches who have nothing better to do came in here and starting talking shit

The problem with some people is they have nothing going on positive for themselves so they just go around looking for others who are actually doing something and try and tear them down, they did not hurt me they hurt this raffle - and the funniest thing about that is they did not even buy a ticket, some people need to learn to mind their own business..

but its all good man, I'm going to keep it moving -although its technically a loss for me, Ill still donate the 60 btc to the forum and ship the card to the winner its pocket change really does not mean a thing.

12 More days to go! Smiley

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:21:18 PM

some people need to learn to mind their own business..
– Adolf Hitler
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:29:41 PM

lol thanks for your optimism but I dont need this thread or this raffle for people to have confidence in me or my ventures

I have too many other things going on that are way more successful smug  Grin

*hack*hack*

Like the worlds #1 Blar blar blars
I think I'm good Smiley the greatest  Cheesy

The worst thing that happened to this raffle was when lame ass bitches those darn kids who have nothing better to do wanted to warn others came in here and starting talking shit the truth

The problem with some people is they have nothing going on positive for themselves so they just go around looking for others who are actually doing something and try and tear them down, they did not hurt me they hurt this raffle - and the funniest thing about that is they did not even buy a ticket, some people need to learn to mind their own business..  Roll Eyes Are you sure that you aren't Bruce Wagner BAC?

but its all good man, I'm going to keep it moving -although its technically a loss for me, Ill still donate the 60 btc to the forum and ship the card to the winner its pocket change really does not mean a thing. So just suck it you peasants  Cool

12 More days of this BS to go! Smiley

FTFY YW DMI OTOH Wink

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 09:05:11 PM

You are one of the most pathetic people I have ever encountered on this forum , but it's quite funny to me that the only complaint you can come up with is the fact that I make you feel inferior.

Congratulations you are the first person I have ever added to my ignore list !
Which is pretty good considering I've been here for 14 months.

I'm also locking this thread and reporting you to the moderators for harassment and posting off topic

People who have purchased tickets I will announce the winner on June 18th.

Thanks for participating

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: