Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero XMR ... Why do people fall for the shills and bullshit?  (Read 6052 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:49:19 PM

do it yourself and contribute to the project.  Wink

Yes! Here we have it. If the Monero shillsters and bullshitters spent a 10th of their energy in helping Monero with coding or infrastructure then we would all be happy. Instead we are here.
I'm not in any way related to Monero. Except from owning a few. Your point is very much invalid.
Anything else?
Besides the developers are hard at work, and actually communicate more often with the community then most others. What else can you ask of them?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:53:27 PM

Yes! Here we have it. If the Monero shillsters and bullshitters spent a 10th of their energy in helping Monero with coding or infrastructure then we would all be happy. Instead we are here.

Oh right you are again J1mb0, nobody has done exactly zero work on helping with this. So good of you to point it out, yet again. Man, I guess we should all just listen to J1mb0 and spend a tenth of our energy helping Monero! The other 9/10 of your energy can be spent doing everything else J1mb0 says, which is probably gonna be spending more energy helping Monero because he's such a big fan.

Thanks Smiley
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:54:05 PM

Have you tried downloading the client? Everything is clunky and slow. I'm not really big on Cryptonote, but I tried Boolberry, just to see if the problem was endemic to Cryptonote, and it isn't. Boolberry was basically one click, fast and everything worked. Using Monero gave me the perception that it was put together by incompetents. These people are holding up a pile of shit and claiming that it's gold. The community is literally full of megalomaniac delusionals. At least put some effort into usability!

I'm sorry, but what you see as the difference between "hard to use" and "easy to use" is completely nuanced. You're like a fandroid arguing that sideloading with adb is much easier in 2.3, and everyone should just use 2.3. Usability is not an overnight exercise.

Are BBR's binary builds significantly easier to use for the handful of somewhat technically capable cryptonerds on this forum? Absolutely. Why is Monero not matching those? Because we're exceedingly busy overhauling the core of Monero: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/development to make room for improved usability. To wit: our next tagged release will include static compilation, but will not include a GUI.

Why? Because a good GUI is not thrown together in a vague attempt to be "first". A GUI requires pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning. Here's an example of how that process works: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR

Different release philosophies. BBR went with MVP while XMR is using "pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning."
rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:57:13 PM

Have you tried downloading the client? Everything is clunky and slow. I'm not really big on Cryptonote, but I tried Boolberry, just to see if the problem was endemic to Cryptonote, and it isn't. Boolberry was basically one click, fast and everything worked. Using Monero gave me the perception that it was put together by incompetents. These people are holding up a pile of shit and claiming that it's gold. The community is literally full of megalomaniac delusionals. At least put some effort into usability!

I'm sorry, but what you see as the difference between "hard to use" and "easy to use" is completely nuanced. You're like a fandroid arguing that sideloading with adb is much easier in 2.3, and everyone should just use 2.3. Usability is not an overnight exercise.

Are BBR's binary builds significantly easier to use for the handful of somewhat technically capable cryptonerds on this forum? Absolutely. Why is Monero not matching those? Because we're exceedingly busy overhauling the core of Monero: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/tree/development to make room for improved usability. To wit: our next tagged release will include static compilation, but will not include a GUI.

Why? Because a good GUI is not thrown together in a vague attempt to be "first". A GUI requires pragmatism, forethought, and careful planning. Here's an example of how that process works: http://imgur.com/a/ERheR
Can't wait to try out your GUI. Based on your current client, my expectations aren't exactly high, but time will tell.

I appreciate you being willing to give it a chance:) It is some time away, but I'm sure you'll be sufficiently impressed with it when it officially launches!

So the new GUI is good? And after that, XMR will continue to improve its market position, seeking donations or is it tweets to keep the horse plodding along?

Its as if you travelled back in time to early 2011 and started trolling bitcoin. 

Sarcasm is okay with me, but sarcasm fails when it uses fallacious reasoning. There is no reason to liken Monero to BTC. There has only been one BTC, and Monero is not a contender, just like DigitalCoin or HeavyCoin or Quark.

The fact that it has to be surrounded by secrecy actually puts you out of the market that BTC is reaching towards.

So the analogy was very poor.

Is it not possible that the true BTC market hasn't been determined yet?  Is it not possible that we haven't even begun to grasp what a BTC even is   Cool

In 5 years someone might say "There has only been one Monero"... to rule out the possibility is asinine this early in the crypto race.

I just dealt with your point, yet you have responded.

Yes, in 5 years time, Monero might be the King of altcoins, presiding over a parliament of other amazing coins such as beertokens or sexcoin.

But I'm kind of edging towards the idea that the 1000s of altcoins out there are entitled to make the same claim.

So the point you make is mute at best.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:59:19 PM

Oh right you are again J1mb0, nobody has done exactly zero work on helping with this. So good of you to point it out, yet again. Man, I guess we should all just listen to J1mb0 and spend a tenth of our energy helping Monero! The other 9/10 of your energy can be spent doing everything else J1mb0 says, which is probably gonna be spending more energy helping Monero because he's such a big fan.

KBM - You are so kind - thank you for your encouragement.

Monero is great because it is a fork of Bytecoin!  Grin

I just worry about some of the Monero fans who get a bit carried away and vitriolic - it helps no fan of Cryptonote.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:00:47 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 01:42:38 AM by Anotheranonlol

Absolutely agreed. I posted about this previously:

I've just attempted to install XMR wallet on OSX. visited the (awfully formatted) page at http://monero.cc/getting-started/ to extract the OSX setup in a tar.bz2 archive

I'm left with some cryptic error in the command line about boost librarys

Meanwhile the BBR wallet was a simple one click to setup

Right now, BBR just works- one click setup. It syncs faster than XMR. The interface is not in wireframe or mockup stage, it's out now and perfectly intuitive  It improves upon the anonymity of CN

It has inbuilt capability to reduce the size of the blockchain by 30-70% BBR features aliases, so you can send money to your friend tony by typing  @tony and clicking send , just like twitter messages. Meanwhile with XMR you are forced to copy and paste long sequences of numbers. BBR has completely open source GPU miners, that don't hold you to ransom by stealing hashpower or forcing a donation to the dev like with XMR.

BBR has got a much more attractive emission curve that actually had a bit of foresight. XMR was cloned verbatim without much thought it seems. greedy miners will love it though.. BBR has more sensible block times. with BBR there is more chance for ecosystem to mature to a level where a larger pool of participants can gain rewards, XMR will be 50% mined in a year, which has been a death sentence for other coins.  BBR will require less daily BTC inflow to maintain the current price, the list goes on.

Monero is praised as the 'only contender in the risk for global liquidity market' or some shit, claimed as the next litecoin, pumped all day long by rpietila and his band of merry men. Jumping on the trollbox is a harrowing experience because you get accosted by guys who ask if they can just take 2 minutes of your time to tell you about monero almost instantly. We're seeing 1000x price increase predictions for XMR. Not going to happen of course but it sounds good, and that's what matter- gives a target and a bit of hope. Who would want to miss out on 1000x gains? no-one so join the train! Meanwhile BBR is ranking barely above CleanWaterCoin, below applecoin, guldencoin, zccoin etc and constantly hemorrhaging. What a Sorry state of affairs. I know which one I see more upwards potential in

XMR proponents and shills will come here and spout the same story 'we are not taking part in a race' we're doing things slowly and gradually. Tortoise and the hare style. They make these insinuations BBR has rushed and that'll cost them the race that they are already losing for completely different reasons

If you haven't actually used the two, go and use them both side by side. BBR just works well, now. Perfectly decent user experience. I know I come across here like a massive BBR shill but it just boggles my mind to see the disparity in valuation. BBR is almost 5% of the price of XMR. you can literally nearly by 20BBR for every 1 XMR. The fundamentals are not in place to support that fuckery.

rikkejohn (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:00:55 AM

I'm not in any way related to Monero. Except from owning a few. Your point is very much invalid.
Anything else?
Besides the developers are hard at work, and actually communicate more often with the community then most others. What else can you ask of them?

True enough, they do communicate with the "community". What were you asked to do this week? Tweet for 0.2 XMR? Or did you get in on the "tweet for 0.4 XMR" action?

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
J1mb0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:03:55 AM

[True enough, they do communicate with the "community". What were you asked to do this week? Tweet for 0.2 XMR? Or did you get in on the "tweet for 0.4 XMR" action?

Surely not. I am truly shocked!  Angry

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
kbm

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 12:05:55 AM

KBM - You are so kind - thank you for your encouragement.

Monero is great because it is a fork of Bytecoin!  Grin

I just worry about some of the Monero fans who get a bit carried away and vitriolic - it helps no fan of Cryptonote.

OH yeah! That's why I don't go to baseball and football games or wear jerseys. One carried away individual has totally swayed my opinion on an entire team so hard before that I almost wrote a book about it!

You're making no sense here retard

Thanks Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 12:06:11 AM

Anything else?
True enough, they do communicate with the "community". What were you asked to do this week? Tweet for 0.2 XMR? Or did you get in on the "tweet for 0.4 XMR" action?
I'm not entirely sure as I'm not watching Monero that closely but that wasn't a post by a developer. It was rather by a community member. You don't even realize what a man fluffy is. He actually gave me an objective opinion on other coins which you can rarely get from anyone who's invested in X coin. What's wrong with giving out XMR for a tweet?
Stop complaining about forks, there is a reason these coins are open source! Your point is invalid.

I'm thinking this is what is causing your problems: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.240

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoinRocka

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:14:16 AM

Can't wait to try out your GUI. Based on your current client, my expectations aren't exactly high, but time will tell.

I appreciate you being willing to give it a chance:) It is some time away, but I'm sure you'll be sufficiently impressed with it when it officially launches!

So the new GUI is good? And after that, XMR will continue to improve its market position, seeking donations or is it tweets to keep the horse plodding along?

Its as if you travelled back in time to early 2011 and started trolling bitcoin.  

Sarcasm is okay with me, but sarcasm fails when it uses fallacious reasoning. There is no reason to liken Monero to BTC. There has only been one BTC, and Monero is not a contender, just like DigitalCoin or HeavyCoin or Quark.

The fact that it has to be surrounded by secrecy actually puts you out of the market that BTC is reaching towards.

So the analogy was very poor.

Is it not possible that the true BTC market hasn't been determined yet?  Is it not possible that we haven't even begun to grasp what a BTC even is   Cool

In 5 years someone might say "There has only been one Monero"... to rule out the possibility is asinine this early in the crypto race.

I just dealt with your point, yet you have responded.

Yes, in 5 years time, Monero might be the King of altcoins, presiding over a parliament of other amazing coins such as beertokens or sexcoin.

But I'm kind of edging towards the idea that the 1000s of altcoins out there are entitled to make the same claim.

So the point you make is mute at best.

moot...there you learned something positive tonight  Cool
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:52:26 AM

1. There is a lot of butthurt in this thread. Reminds me of 2011 when the very first set of alt coins came about.  Roll Eyes

2. I have read the Monero whitepaper and downloaded the source in a VM and tinkered with it a bit. As of now I currently support Monero and will keep a close eye on it.

3. Boolberry? What kind of messed up name is that?........may as well call it IntStrawberry or DoubleBlackberry or LongRaspberry.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

johnalt

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:56:11 AM

1. There is a lot of butthurt in this thread. Reminds me of 2011 when the very first set of alt coins came about.  Roll Eyes

2. I have read the Monero whitepaper and downloaded the source in a VM and tinkered with it a bit. As of now I currently support Monero and will keep a close eye on it.

3. Boolberry? What kind of messed up name is that?........may as well call it IntStrawberry or DoubleBlackberry or LongRaspberry.  Cheesy
i think all alt coins all just for making money. all of them about the innovations are just stunt. Grin

drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:06:07 AM

2. I have read the Monero whitepaper

Link to the whitepaper?

Am I spamming? Report me!
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:00:24 AM

2. I have read the Monero whitepaper

Link to the whitepaper?

Original CryptoNote whitepaper: http://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf
Our mathematicians and cryptographers raw (and sometimes snarky;) annotations are here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_annotated.pdf
The review of the CN whitepaper as presented by one of our mathematicians is here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_review.pdf

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:05:41 AM

i think all alt coins all just for making money. all of them about the innovations are just stunt. Grin

Making money is part of having funds for development. Most of the coins now days are purely for pump and only that.

Monero appear to have nice group of developers backing it. Some of them are long time forum users here.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:08:20 AM

Operating the XMR wallet / daemon is easy as 1-2-3. 

Simplewallet will output your address into a txt file for easy copy/pasting into your batch file.  Using the transfer command is also a simple format.  I don't see why people need to bash XMR because they are afraid of command line interfaces.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:00:08 AM

I've just attempted to install XMR wallet on OSX. visited the (awfully formatted) page at http://monero.cc/getting-started/ to extract the OSX setup in a tar.bz2 archive

Right now, BBR just works- one click setup. It syncs faster than XMR. The interface is not in wireframe or mockup stage, it's out now and perfectly intuitive  It improves upon the anonymity of CN

It has inbuilt capability to reduce the size of the blockchain by 30-70% BBR features aliases, so you can send money to your friend tony by typing  @tony and clicking send , just like twitter messages. Meanwhile with XMR you are forced to copy and paste long sequences of numbers. BBR has completely open source GPU miners, that don't hold you to ransom by stealing hashpower or forcing a donation to the dev like with XMR.

BBR has got a much more attractive emission curve that actually had a bit of foresight. XMR was cloned verbatim without much thought it seems. greedy miners will love it though.. BBR has more sensible block times. with BBR there is more chance for ecosystem to mature to a level where a larger pool of participants can gain rewards, XMR will be 50% mined in a year, which has been a death sentence for other coins.  BBR will require less daily BTC inflow to maintain the current price, the list goes on.

Monero is praised as the 'only contender in the risk for global liquidity market' or some shit, claimed as the next litecoin, pumped all day long by rpietila and his band of merry men. Jumping on the trollbox is a harrowing experience because you get accosted by guys who ask if they can just take 2 minutes of your time to tell you about monero almost instantly. We're seeing 1000x price increase predictions for XMR. Not going to happen of course but it sounds good, and that's what matter- gives a target and a bit of hope. Who would want to miss out on 1000x gains? no-one so join the train! Meanwhile BBR is ranking barely above CleanWaterCoin, below applecoin, guldencoin, zccoin etc and constantly hemorrhaging. What a Sorry state of affairs. I know which one I see more upwards potential in

XMR proponents and shills will come here and spout the same story 'we are not taking part in a race' we're doing things slowly and gradually. Tortoise and the hare style. They make these insinuations BBR has rushed and that'll cost them the race that they are already losing for completely different reasons

If you haven't actually used the two, go and use them both side by side. BBR just works well, now. Perfectly decent user experience. I know I come across here like a massive BBR shill but it just boggles my mind to see the disparity in valuation. BBR is almost 5% of the price of XMR. you can literally nearly by 20BBR for every 1 XMR. The fundamentals are not in place to support that fuckery.

See, now that's a well written criticism. Worlds apart from OP's faggotry that included no arguments whatsoever.

Anyone care to comment on it and write a rebuttal? Fluffypony, maybe?

(disclosure: Monero owner writing)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
kbm

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:36:01 AM

It has inbuilt capability to reduce the size of the blockchain by 30-70% BBR features aliases, so you can send money to your friend tony by typing  @tony and clicking send , just like twitter messages. Meanwhile with XMR you are forced to copy and paste long sequences of numbers. BBR has completely open source GPU miners, that don't hold you to ransom by stealing hashpower or forcing a donation to the dev like with XMR.

See, now that's a well written criticism. Worlds apart from OP's faggotry that included no arguments whatsoever.

(disclosure: Monero owner writing)

I believe both fluffypony and smooth have responded to those exact criticisms every single day for the last 2-3 months.

Here's one response:

I'm shellshocked people are paying 17x more per XMR than each BBR in this state. Hope XMR team can correct these shortcomings.

Boost is merely statically compiled in to the Boolberry GUI (clearly a necessary step with any accessible UI). We specifically chose not to do that for the 0.8.8 release. If you are struggling with the high barrier to entry feel free to PM me and I'll walk you through installing Boost, ok?

It has inbuilt capability to reduce the size of the blockchain by 30-70%

By cutting out dust from block rewards. Monero can have this as well. They chose to spend their time on building a proper database instead. I think I saw CZ get all giddy when he tried to make the point that a hard fork would likely be required to do exactly what he did. TBH, I've heard claims of 30-70% reduction with just a database being a possibility .. so why this is being repeated and hailed as a pinnacle achievement (trimming dust) I don't really care to know. Nobody knows the exact percentage:

Quote from: BBR OP
-Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%
-This provides over a 55% reduction in block chain size. These features are found in no other CryptoNote based cryptocurrency.
..so I'm gonna ask you .. could it be that we're really just dealing with a guy that wanted to take a hacked shortcut by ruining your anonymity set and not deal with putting the work into creating a real database in the first place? What you should be asking is why he didn't put it in a real database!

BBR features aliases, so you can send money to your friend tony by typing  @tony and clicking send , just like twitter messages. Meanwhile with XMR you are forced to copy and paste long sequences of numbers.
Ten years, tony will have to pay an address licensing fee. His social security number will be replaced by his blockchain alias and it will be just wonderful. Not really .. these aliases are kinda pointless. Any benefit provided by protocol enforced aliases can just as easily be given by a third party that would use the alias in the first place. Also .. what if someone nabbed your view key or got access to your wallet? Imagine having to pay another aliasing fee? Could be lots of money. Why go through the hassle?

BBR has completely open source GPU miners, that don't hold you to ransom by stealing hashpower or forcing a donation to the dev like with XMR.
..which were affordable because nobody fucking wants the coin.

BBR has more sensible block times.
Oh look! Another time traveler who knows for sure that blocks should yield exactly the amount of value that BBR produces! How convenient!

Bullshit! This is a race, and it seems that the only thing with developers running a marathon here is Monero. If they have too much class and style to not say that, then I'm gonna put it right in front of your face: The competition is simply out-classed and totally out of its element here. It will lose its breath.

Thanks Smiley
J1mb0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:43:55 AM

I doubt it. The guy is a bullshitter. He tried to pretend he knew nothing about the Monero shills and tsunami of bile and FUD against all the other cryptonotes. Yet he seemed totally informed in all other aspects of this forum. Total bullshitter!

I wouldn't be surprised if kbm IS Fluffypony. They sound like the same person to me.  Grin

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀