Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The storm is building up!  (Read 3322 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 09:26:37 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2012, 11:00:11 PM by adamstgBit

both Ask and Bid walls are getting bigger fast,

expect a major move coming to a chart near you!

Up down, sideways.... no clue, one thing is for sure we will start seeing more volume

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:31:39 PM

Major move sideways. Grin Grin Grin
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 09:33:01 PM

I'm expecting the breakout to happen soon. Meaning that we will break $5.4 - $5.5 and then test $7.2 fairly soon after that. Breakout downwards would be very counter-intuitive taking into account that Bitcoin has had the biggest news coverage in over 6 months. And that coverage has been overall fairly positive I believe.

However I've seen the market do some counter-intuitive stuff before, so anything is possible. We'll have to wait and see.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:34:32 PM

I'm expecting the breakout to happen soon. Meaning that we will break $5.4 - $5.5 and then test $7.2 fairly soon after that. Breakout downwards would be very counter-intuitive taking into account that Bitcoin has had the biggest news coverage in over 6 months. And that coverage has been overall fairly positive I believe.

However I've seen the market do some counter-intuitive stuff before, so anything is possible. We'll have to wait and see.

For those of you just joining us
This kind of post usually mark a top.

Cheesy
JK
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:34:49 PM

It's still too early... we may breakout and see 7.2, but we'll be right back here before it's said and done unless we dip a bit or at least go sideways for a bit more.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:36:42 PM

Cheesy
JK

Yup, famous last words.  Cheesy
Technomage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 09:38:52 PM

There is not much to support that in this case. None of this is priced in because it just happened (without warning). From a larger perspective I believe this recent news could start a new Bitcoin trend. It has been building up steadily ever since December but now it seems that we might've reached the trigger point.

It could fall flat as well but I think this is some serious shit. Bitcoin is being noticed much more right now and in a much better light compared to 6 months ago.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:44:07 PM

There is not much to support that in this case. None of this is priced in because it just happened (without warning). From a larger perspective I believe this recent news could start a new Bitcoin trend. It has been building up steadily ever since December but now it seems that we might've reached the trigger point.

It could fall flat as well but I think this is some serious shit. Bitcoin is being noticed much more right now and in a much better light compared to 6 months ago.

Yeah, we got some coverage, but still its not really visible here: http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=bitcoin&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q
Technomage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 09:52:16 PM

Yeah, we got some coverage, but still its not really visible here: http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=bitcoin&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q
Trends/Insights do not show live data. The effect will be visible within a couple of days. The coverage is such that I'm actually expecting us to get some new players, possibly major players into Bitcoin thanks to that. It will take them time to learn about Bitcoin and get money in however.

Bitcoin needs this a lot, our market cap is so ridiculously tiny at the moment that I don't feel very comfortable. It's so easy for any decent sized trader to play with and manipulate the market. A larger market cap would be a healthy direction. This time I think we can actually sustain a larger market cap (although it will probably overshoot big time and bubble once again).

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 10:55:42 PM

Holy shit!  Did you guys see that sally (sideways rally).

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Holy shit!  Did you guys see that sally (sideways rally).

It's gonna be intense.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Rothgar

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 02:29:46 AM

I hate to bust your bubble but there is going to be downward movement for the bitcoin price.  However it is possible that the price go up or maybe continue to go sideways.

I hate to disagree with you but it had to be said. 

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 02:51:09 AM

I hate to bust your bubble but there is going to be downward movement for the bitcoin price.  However it is possible that the price go up or maybe continue to go sideways.

how long have you been watching bitcoin?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 05:04:17 AM

It might go up, but it might go down, but maybe it'll go sideways! COVER ALL THE MOVEMENTS!
Rothgar

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 10:08:47 AM

One year, and look the price is down since my post. 

Now, if the bitcoin price does not go down or stay the same, then it will go up.

Koekiemonster

Activity: 321

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:02:42 PM

Now, if the bitcoin price does not go down or stay the same, then it will go up.

Date Registered:   01 April 2012

Lol.

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
Rothgar

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 01:50:06 PM

Date Registered:   01 April 2012

Lol.

My logic is undeniable. 

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 02:05:19 PM

He's right though, it isn't looking good short term.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:12:49 PM

Why? Looking pretty neutral to me.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:19:31 PM

Why? Looking pretty neutral to me.

You're forgetting that neutral usually means down.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: